Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

+9
A1C Bronymous
Jason Shadow
Doc pseudopolis
Ramsus
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
elfowlgirl
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
13 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) - Page 24 Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:19 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Oddly, the Clockwork Mage hums along with Quarrel's tune...

Off-key and all?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD) - Page 24 Empty Re: Canpaign of Jokers (OOC, info, and sign-up) (full) (DEAD)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Oddly, the Clockwork Mage hums along with Quarrel's tune...

Off-key and all?
Well I don't think CM's that good of a singer, but less off-key then Quarrel... But not fully spot on.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm

By the by, she was objecting to CM having claimed that they were made specifically for that purpose: hence the misuse of Insistent Terminology, as she's insisting he not use that term because it's inaccurate.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 am

About the game: Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:39 am

Just so you all know. We'll be doing a Time Skip to post game after everyone does their first board game turn.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 am

By the way, everyone please just divide the normal combat talents from the monster combat talents on your character sheets, it'll be easier to work with that way.

Edit: Also add info on the "known" monster combat talents when it happens.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Here's Quarrel 2.0, in a document I can actually edit! :flutteryay:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Here's Quarrel 2.0, in a document I can actually edit! :flutteryay:
I've updated the link on the first page for your character. I like that you can edit it now too. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Just so you all are aware, you can have your element power be known for your character to use, if you add some type of good or crazy IC name for it. Like how Clockworks's Element of Laughter has been named THE DARK MAGICS OF LAUGHTER. (hamming it up with that statement)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 pm

You guys really should've seen this coming. After all, who wants to live forever?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah..... never understood that. Just seemed like a cop-out for trying to get people to deal with the fact that they are mortal and that sucks. Instead of just saying "yes, it sucks people die not much we can do about it".
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:You guys really should've seen this coming. After all, who wants to live forever?
*hand goes up*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
elfowlgirl wrote:You guys really should've seen this coming. After all, who wants to live forever?
*hand goes up*

I wouldn't mind living forever if my family and close friends did as well. All the benefits, minimized detriments.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
*hand goes up*

I wouldn't mind living forever if my family and close friends did as well. All the benefits, minimized detriments.

Until, y'know, a few million years from now when humanity is ended and the sun explodes and the earth blows up and you're just floating alone in space.

Forever.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:
*hand goes up*

Until, y'know, a few million years from now when humanity is ended and the sun explodes and the earth blows up and you're just floating alone in space.

Forever.
Benefits and detriments.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:03 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:
*hand goes up*

Forever.

Wouldn't we have spread to other worlds by then? It's a few million years, there'd be plenty of time to perfect space travel.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:
*hand goes up*

Forever.

Wouldn't we have spread to other worlds by then? It's a few million years, there'd be plenty of time to perfect space travel.
That'd be assuming humanity survives a few million years.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:07 pm

The question is whether or not you'll be aging, immortality with aging is like mortality but worse since without someway to keep your body moving it will eventually rot into uselessness leaving you trapped and likely slowly going insane.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok yes, immortality with aging would suck. Immortality as an ethereal ghost who can manipulate physical objects would not. Even alone. "Oh no all the peoples died, guess I'll just go explore the endless beauty of the universe and see what else is out there."

Afterall, we don't know how the universe works. The universe could go through heat death and then another one could explode out of nowhere or something. Who knows. It's sort of pointlessly fatalistic to say everything will end forever when we know that at some point there had to be nothing everywhere and then, bang suddenly something. (Or such, basically I see no reason to assume the universe will go permanently dead forever and never be replaced by anything new.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Number one of this Cracked article has a good stance on the subject.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 pm

1) That makes a completely arbitrary assumption that your humanity will degrade over time even when there are human beings still around, which I'm probably sure can be countered logically by psychology. After all humans die, it's not really a problem you can't relate to non-existant people.

2) Given any means of propulsion (and since we're assuming ghostly powers of moving at running speed with no stamina issues with no propulsive means you do) you will eventually make it to see a lot of other neat places in the galaxy before the universe dies.

3) In my mind there are basically only a few ways the universe existing at all makes sense.
A) Something (the matter and energy that formed the universe) came from nothing. If so there's no reason to believe this won't happen again. Given an infinite amount of time means you would see this happen again and experience new things we can't even begin to fathom that would probably make up for the millennia of boredom.
B) Something is always comeing from nothing and there was never any point where there was nothing, same conclusion as A.
C) The matter and energy that formed the universe come from somewhere, this means there's something out there to discover and there still is not an infinite amount of time to experience nothingness.

So basically, I don't buy "everything dies forever" because that directly is contradicted by our universe managing to exist in the first place.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:41 pm

I say this much... There are many types of death. In fact each day the person you were yesterday dies. So not having to die just means I'll get to die in a new and cool way.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:08 pm

I really wish I could sing even a little bit of Freddy Mercury's notes, 'cause that just gave me a song idea...
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Just so everyone is well aware. Gears and Quarrel's posts/reactions form me will be happening about 15-20 minutes or so in the past behind the rest of the party.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Just so everyone is well aware. Gears and Quarrel's posts/reactions form me will be happening about 15-20 minutes or so in the past behind the rest of the party.
Also on this, I'm waiting for Quarrel's reaction to CM's comment that she'll end up hurt without any reason why and the fact we've set off the lightning and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next