Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

+7
elfowlgirl
A1C Bronymous
Quietkal
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
11 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 7 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

You're a terrible evil heartless villain! Razz
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 7 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  Sable Tails Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:I'm suggesting we don't kill any of them, much less trouble from the law for stealing a sextet of artifacts of unimaginable power than there is doing that AND murdering the owners as well.
Hmm...stealing the world's ultimate defense against evil...or murdering the greatest heroes of the age, who just also happen to be innocent young girls...you know, I think the law just might take exception to either of those lol. Perhaps you should try convincing our characters while in-character? Some of our characters seem just a bit loopy and/or murderous, but others might listen to reason.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Sable Tails wrote:
Doc pseudopolis wrote:I'm suggesting we don't kill any of them, much less trouble from the law for stealing a sextet of artifacts of unimaginable power than there is doing that AND murdering the owners as well.
Hmm...stealing the world's ultimate defense against evil...or murdering the greatest heroes of the age, who just also happen to be innocent young girls...you know, I think the law just might take exception to either of those lol. Perhaps you should try convincing our characters while in-character? Some of our characters seem just a bit loopy and/or murderous, but others might listen to reason.
Don't know their plans in-character yet.
That and I'm concerned with trying to control the situation so that they will listen to me later.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Hah.

Horus will likely not listen unless you give a VERY convincing argument. He wants Papa Ratzi there with his camera, taking a picture as a piece of Applejack's haunch gets pulled out and eaten, and the story spread far and wide.

Of course, you MIGHT convince Horus to keep her alive while he is doing that. But that's probably not the ideal result. Twisted Evil
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Headsup, shifting Wrangler's CM bonus from Stunts to Persuasion, as he's developed to be much more business-y than I initially planned.
(already cleared with twomf)
>evil
>EEEEEEEEVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

For those wondering what I was talking about with the zebra prostitute, I based it off this Tumblr account.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Ramsus wrote:Uh you mind not declaring Wrangler slams into me without me getting a roll or him making one? I'll edit this post later once Kal has edited in a roll into his.

Look at it this way: he's burly, and you're either motionless or trying to move while concentrating on three spells at once. Daisy's good, but not that good. The DC isn't even worth bothering with IMO.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 am

She has a 10 in Athletics! She's just as burly as he is! And ok fine, I then turn around and melt his face off with magic since apparently player vs player actions get no rolls to resist?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 am

Ramsus wrote:She has a 10 in Athletics! She's just as burly as he is! And ok fine, I then turn around and melt his face off with magic since apparently player vs player actions get no rolls to resist?
She has a 10 in Stunts. Dodging is Acrobatics. Daisy was occupied with the spells when Wrangler charged.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

Stunts can be dodging too. And who said I dodged? Fuck that, I just held out a hoof and stopped you.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 am

Facey face, why did you throw the results down instantly like that? What if someone had wanted to intervene. Silvertongue and Dr Jovolt are both right next to Daisy and could easily have gotten in Wrangler's way if they wanted to.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 am

Ramsus wrote:She has a 10 in Athletics! She's just as burly as he is! And ok fine, I then turn around and melt his face off with magic since apparently player vs player actions get no rolls to resist?

He has a 13 in Stunts and Daisy's very much distracted. The DC for that kind of thing would be nigh-impossible to fail, and I need some way for you to not go and kill the mystery unicorn just yet, which you'd have been well able to do if Wrangler didn't intervene, given he couldn't concentrate to block it. (And if you think any of the other guys there are likely to try and stop it given the magical output that's visibly showing, I've a bridge to sell you in Antarctica.)

And yes, dodging can be Stunts, and your own Stunts is 13. So that much is correct: you are about at the same burliness level. But Daisy is still quite distracted, and that's a convenient way for me to keep an important NPC alive.

EDIT: Well, another player could interfere, but to be honest, there's no good IC reason to do so. Also, see important NPC.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 am

Jinx doesn't kill people though. Unless they were trying to magically kill Daisy from afar. Speaking of, there is some debate about whether or not I actually used Jinx and I'd like to know for sure myself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:39 am

Ramsus wrote:Jinx doesn't kill people though. Unless they were trying to magically kill Daisy from afar. Speaking of, there is some debate about whether or not I actually used Jinx and I'd like to know for sure myself.

Daisy successfully used Jinx thanks to the essense. And yes, that doesn't kill people, but Daisy has his essense and he was distracted by the pain spell he was sending at Daisy. He would have been unable to roll to defend himself, and considering Daisy seemed cross just then, it certainly wouldn't have been very out-of-character for her to not continue the assault. I didn't want to take that chance, nor the chance of her IDing him either. And in any event, Daisy was still very distracted. Reversing three spells with that much power behind them simultaneously is very difficult, it doesn't really leave much room for dodging other assaults.

But, if you're really this adamant about the whole thing, we can have you two roll anyway, with the understanding that Daisy is operating under a fairly sizable handicap.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Jinx doesn't kill people though. Unless they were trying to magically kill Daisy from afar. Speaking of, there is some debate about whether or not I actually used Jinx and I'd like to know for sure myself.

Daisy successfully used Jinx thanks to the essense. And yes, that doesn't kill people, but Daisy has his essense and he was distracted by the pain spell he was sending at Daisy. He would have been unable to roll to defend himself, and considering Daisy seemed cross just then, it certainly wouldn't have been very out-of-character for her to not continue the assault. I didn't want to take that chance, nor the chance of her IDing him either. And in any event, Daisy was still very distracted. Reversing three spells with that much power behind them simultaneously is very difficult, it doesn't really leave much room for dodging other assaults.

But, if you're really this adamant about the whole thing, we can have you two roll anyway, with the understanding that Daisy is operating under a fairly sizable handicap.
We already rolled, and Ramsus is adamant that reusing old rolls is fine. So we take the tie, and add a fairly sizable handicap to Daisy...and...?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 am

No, it's fine and that's reasonable. I'm just re-using the roll for Daisy's response since it's the same skill vs the same target anyway.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 am

Ramsus wrote:No, it's fine and that's reasonable. I'm just re-using the roll for Daisy's response since it's the same skill vs the same target anyway.

Makes sense.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

Ok guys, time to be weirdos and band together under a common banner (of "hey, you just admitted to trying to set us up!") against the villains(?).....just to piss in Trixie's coffee.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am

Well they're more just Antagonists vs Villains (you guys are the team villain)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am

I don't think Trixie drinks coffee...

Besides, it wouldn't be in character to stoop as low as to argue with dinner over something as paltry as this. (Also, nopony knows about any set-ups except Daisy, only the blackmail that was fairly pointless blackmail).

EDIT: And so we're antagonizing the antagonists by vilifying them as villains?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I don't think Trixie drinks coffee...

Besides, it wouldn't be in character to stoop as low as to argue with dinner over something as paltry as this. (Also, nopony knows about any set-ups except Daisy, only the blackmail that was fairly pointless blackmail).

Actually, Daisy did mention the spells they were trying to cast on her.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 am

Meaning there is an IC reason for the evil party to stand by her?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 am

I phrased it as on all of us, which would include Horus.

Edit: Xel, well if they don't the other option is they all don't and then my character ends up with NO REASON AT ALL to team up with them because they've shown they won't have her back against people ATTACKING ALL OF THEM.

Edit2: And I can already say from experience that it's not much fun playing in a game where your character has no logical reason to stick around.

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 am

Xel Unknown wrote:

Meaning there is an IC reason for the evil party to stand by her?

Well, for some of them. I doubt Wrangler cares about that so much as beating up Daisy right now (although I could be wrong). From what I know, Stasis might go either way, Javolt would probably side with Daisy, who knows with Silvertongue but might side with Daisy, Herr Freischütz seems impressed with Trixie but might feel betrayed now and join Daisy, and I'd guess C would rather just avoid fighting in the combat altogether.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 am

Also, I don't think Daisy ever said "hey let's fight Trixie" all she's basically done is told Trixie to shut up.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next