Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

+7
elfowlgirl
A1C Bronymous
Quietkal
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
11 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 9 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:On an unrelated note, the translation spell - I've been thinking that it either sounds like a heavy Germane accent, creepy robotic monotone, or (perhaps even creepier) Trixie's voice whenever Herr Freischütz speaks/hears anything. Also, I'm assuming it only works on ponies/creatures that normally speak Ponese, seeing as otherwise I could abuse it to get a free Animal Speak against Angel Bunny.

I prefer the creepy robotic monotone. Like one of those automated phone voices made deeper, weird intonation and all.

Indeed. Mostly because Trixie just didn't even think that it would be worth making a spell to speak to animals, let alone building it into a translation spell.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 9 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Angel Bunny has Pony Speak. He clearly can understand the words spoken by ponies, he just won't speak it. So it probably won't be a problem if we aim to deceive him somehow.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Facey face, considering Daisy said out loud her view of things is there so reason Trixie hasn't realized she wasn't being threatened first?

Edit: Also, wow, did I call everyone's self-centered to the point of self-harming responses or what? How can all of you have characters that don't mind somepony taunting them about having blackmail on them?

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Ramsus wrote:Facey face, considering Daisy said out loud her view of things is there so reason Trixie hasn't realized she wasn't being threatened first?

Not particularly. I should post something to that effect, shouldn't I? 9.6
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 pm

So who's left who hasn't responded yet? (Aka, who's left to provide Daisy with a reason for sticking with this group instead of just hiring some mercenaries and therefore teaming up with people who are at least smart enough to not like being blackmailed by their employers.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Ramsus wrote:So who's left who hasn't responded yet? (Aka, who's left to provide Daisy with a reason for sticking with this group instead of just hiring some mercenaries and therefore teaming up with people who are at least smart enough to not like being blackmailed by their employers.)
Honestly I'm considering hiring outside help aswell. at the very least an arcanist to take a look at the amulet. a share of 200k bits and a promise of some of atleast an additional 100k aught to get somepony competent.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

lol, you could hire Daisy. Since as soon as she gets an amulet the first thing she's going to do is inspect it.
Edit: Though if she finds anything harmful on them she's not going to be sharing that information with anypony who just walked away from her before.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Ramsus wrote:lol, you could hire Daisy. Since as soon as she gets an amulet the first thing she's going to do is inspect it.
Edit: Though if she finds anything harmful on them she's not going to be sharing that information with anypony who just walked away from her before.
Exactly. If I hire somepony from outside the situation they will likely hand over the information without realising the significance.
Also I'm not about to give you an extra share of the pay.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 pm

lol, I was kidding. I'm sure you could just ask nicely. Daisy isn't as self centered as the rest of this lot.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Ramsus wrote:lol, I was kidding. I'm sure you could just ask nicely. Daisy isn't as self centered as the rest of this lot.
I'll keep that in mind, though I am thinking about how to trick twilight sparkle into examining it for us.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Again that would likely be as simple as just asking nicely.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Ramsus wrote:Again that would likely be as simple as just asking nicely.
Dagnabbit dood let me have my fun and make it complicated. I'm trying to figure out where in equestria would be a good place for treasure hunting.
Edit: Although I will admit it currently boils down "Ask nicely while taking pains to reduce the chance of being recognised when we steal the element."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 pm

And that's everyone now right? Thank guys. Guess Daisy wanders off into the sunset now since nobody could be bothered to mind being blackmailed enough to do something that'd give me an excuse to have her stick with the party.

Real nice playing with you all for a total of five minutes before you forced me out of the game.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 pm

I personally don't get why everyone in this campaign is being dumb about the fact you employer GLOATED bout blackmailing you lot, then boom, daisy works to counter that blackmailing, points it out both OOC and IC, and seemingly everyone just attacks daisy/ramsus for it doin' something pro-teamwork... I mean this is an EVIL campaign not a "everyman for themself" campaign were helping eachother should be attacked and teamwork is bad and wrong...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Ramsus wrote:And that's everyone now right? Thank guys. Guess Daisy wanders off into the sunset now since nobody could be bothered to mind being blackmailed enough to do something that'd give me an excuse to have her stick with the party.

Real nice playing with you all for a total of five minutes before you forced me out of the game.

I really don't want to see Daisy go, so let's think about this logically.

All any of them except Daisy know is that spells were cast on them, that they were "blackmailed" into a position where it was no longer in their interests to kill Trixie and co, and that Daisy was attacked for messing with those spells. Can you really blame them, then, for not really seeing this as a big problem? Spells were cast on them all, yes, but so far as they know, it was only to keep Trixie and co alive should things go south. This explains also why they're not so fussed about the blackmailing, and to be honest, since Trixie's backed down as much as she's capable, Daisy doesn't even need allies to help her fight Trixie unless she inexplicably insults Trixie again. I'm really not sure what's preventing Daisy from refusing to take the amulet to avoid any further spells but going along with the party anyway so she has backup to go up against RD (and possibly also to see if she gets an opportunity to punish Wrangler more severely).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Still. anyone got any ideas on how to convince us to work together before someone dies/ramsus walks off into the sunset?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Nothing prevents Daisy from accepting the job. The problem is that Daisy now has no reason to believe anypony there will back her up in her fight against Rainbow Dash or in any other situation, even when it's in their own interest to do so. So, there's no reason for her to travel with them if they aren't of any help to her.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Ramsus wrote:Nothing prevents Daisy from accepting the job. The problem is that Daisy now has no reason to believe anypony there will back her up in her fight against Rainbow Dash or in any other situation, even when it's in their own interest to do so. So, there's no reason for her to travel with them if they aren't of any help to her.

(Emphasis added.)

Why do you think it would have been in their interest to help her out there? If they help kill Trixie and co, they don't get paid, and for all they know they'd be getting the Princesses involved from wherever that mysterious ally is. And again, most of them either don't actually know how powerful Trixie is, or they believe her exaggerated reputation; and while Gilda's straightforward in terms of threat level (most griffons are), the only one I recall knowing anything about Flam aside from Daisy is Wrangler, and even he hasn't a clue how strong Flam is magically. Not to mention that Trixie has mentioned that they're not out of tricks, and has pretty much said that those safeguards were there to keep the party from turning on them. It simply is not worth it to most of the party to antagonize Trixie and co... until they know more, at any rate. I think it's possible that once Daisy's calmed down, she may well come to this very conclusion.

Please note that I'm not trying to shoot down your arguments, I'm trying to understand them enough to try to come up with a satisfactory solution. So if I'm missing something hopelessly obvious, make sure you let me know.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm

I don't recall asking anyone to actually attack Trixie and co, just object to being blackmailed and appreciate instead of attack Daisy for helping them not be under blackmail for the rest of their lives.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Ramsus wrote:I don't recall asking anyone to actually attack Trixie and co, just object to being blackmailed and appreciate instead of attack Daisy for helping them not be under blackmail for the rest of their lives.
Hopefully (Keyword) everyones thinking about how to turn the blackmail around on the employer, if it's simply betray criminal group and get ratted out to the princesses for your trouble then [Redacted].
...no I'm not going to screw myself over by saying how...not yet anyway.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Doesn't matter now, they don't have the blackmail anymore. You're all free to not worry about it (until you put on the Amulets of Questionable Magic).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Ramsus wrote:I don't recall asking anyone to actually attack Trixie and co, just object to being blackmailed and appreciate instead of attack Daisy for helping them not be under blackmail for the rest of their lives.

Again, the blackmail was self-defense. So far as I can tell, most of the characters understand that, or would just like to get to the job at hoof (Horus, Herr Freischütz, and C, although the latter was also motivated by the potential magical brawl going on to get the heck out of there). Expecting appreciation for something that didn't seem like a big deal to anyone else doesn't seem to be something Daisy can reasonably expect in this situation.

Or alternatively, what Doc Pseudopolis said.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't understand that logic. Blackmail isn't a single use item. Nor is there any reason for us to trust their intentions. They could just as easily decide to not pay us later because they have blackmail on us or even use that blackmail to get us killed once they have the Elements without having to even dirty their hands and as a method to cover up their tracks.

Edit: Blackmail isn't a self-defense tool. It's an enslavement tool. Why anyone would treat it otherwise is complete nonsense to me.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Ramsus wrote:I don't understand that logic. Blackmail isn't a single use item. Nor is there any reason for us to trust their intentions. They could just as easily decide to not pay us later because they have blackmail on us or even use that blackmail to get us killed once they have the Elements without having to even dirty their hands and as a method to cover up their tracks.

Edit: Blackmail isn't a self-defense tool. It's an enslavement tool. Why anyone would treat it otherwise is complete nonsense to me.
Enslavement, yes. So far everyone but you have: assumed that the employers will destroy the blackmail once the jobs are done; figured that once the job is done the blackmail will be sort of inconsequential given what they just did; or have conjured up some sort of plan to turn it around on the employers.

I'm sorry for unintentionally forcing Daisy from the party, but I'm trying to rectify my mistake. If at any point you feel Daisy should kill Wrangler, please go ahead. You have my express, public permission to do so.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Well, that was a lot more work than it had to be. If Sivertongue could have spoken up that Daisy was actually attacked or something or somepony besides Daisy had minded being blackmailed it would have gone a lot smoother. I'm still kinda annoyed at all of you for not helping after I explicitly asked for it and you all just didn't seem to care that you were making it hard for me to play. (Excluding Kal who's the one who put in effort (and way more effort than anypony else would have had to) to fix things and the GM who...isn't a player and couldn't do anything about it.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next