Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World, A Part

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
thematthew
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
8 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

A World, A Part - Page 8 Empty Re: A World, A Part

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:27 pm

For the first time in thirteen years (fourteen tomorrow), Gnarl looks suitably abashed, flames slowly sinking back into the wood they sprouted from (and notably leaving no mark upon Gnarl's rough skin). Though the man of one particular tree still does not fully comprehend what just happened, it seems the one who just dissolved is still somehow alive, and the sprouts seem to be acting like it was obvious. So...maybe it was?

Not that you'd ever get Gnarl himself to admit it, as he simply recovered from looking abashed with a hearty "Hrmph!", frown lines re-etching themselves on his face before he turned, crossing his arms again with a sound like bending willows.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

The Reaper suddenly realizes two things. 1) That he can't pass through solid objects without effort in this realm, just like he couldn't in the Outlands. 2) He hasn't sensed any deaths since he left his home plane. He still has a faint sense of souls being out there but, they feel very distant somehow. (Basically you can use them for an excuse for History checks or such.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Spoiler:
The Reaper reaches out to the souls, trying to learn what happened to them and what they know.
Roll (History: What can those souls tell me?)
Roll:
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm

You don't learn anything more than you already knew. Candyland. 4 major powers.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Dynamo sighs and stops hitting herself. Next she starts to make a little speech to everyone. "Just make note of this truth, it's one to be well aware of at all times; sometimes your allies will fail you... Also recall that you equally could end up failing your allies and/or yourself, it's not an outcome anyone likes, but it's a real possiblity that could happen at any time, like what what just happened here. And do try to deal with that failure as best you can. Or at least better then I just did... Given the fact you have stopped me from hurting myself from shame and embarestment for everyone's dumb actions here. You seem to be at least dealing with the fact we failed to control this situation or you're just unaware that this wasn't a good reaction. We still need info on this fourth major power, and all we know now is that nopony likes talking about it. For some reason... Either they're really allied with this Fourth Power, don't wanta admit it, or something else like this fourth power is feared by all, either of these are not good. Well then, we should now leave this town, we've clearly overstayed our welcome. Also we MUST make sure to not talk of this, "fourth power" in public again clearly that's not a smart move. Nor is SCARING everyone... That as well is something to avoid. So then... I suggest we try talking with each of the three major powers in this reality, and try to explain what we are, and why were are here. Along with requesting to harvest something of this reality to help build our own realm. Then we move on to the next realm and go from there."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm

The Reaper dashes up to Dynamo and strikes a dramatic pose, because it seems appropriate.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Fallen Arches sagenods, "This seems like sound wisdom. On the other hoof, one of our number is currently missing so we should probably find what happened to Vinnie, perhaps while we are searching we could either find info on these powers that be, or find out where to find this mysterious and sinister fourth power. I really do hope for that second option, he or she seems to have these villagers terrified even without being here and that seems like a good thing to learn." He ponders for a moment, "Maybe I could use some manner of Sinister detection spell to find this things lair..."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:18 pm

"Well talking of Vinny... We need to tell him/her/it to never do such an action like that again without ALL of us being foreworned... Cause that was the second dumbest move out of all of us... Fallie, you must make sure not to talk of info that you aren't even sure about how you know until you are aware of what reaction that information will spark. Because this type of reaction is totally the type we must ALL strive to avoid next time." Dynamo explains. "Also just so the rest of you to know. Vinny seemed to use it's powers of being whatever it is to exit the town for some ill thought out reason... The plan it suggested was to play it off as Vinny having died randomly... Again, that was not a good idea, too much drama to spark on everyone to explain. So, while we head off to find Vinny, who do you think we should head off to see? Lady Chocolate, Queen Caramel, Boss Molasses, or we try to find Mystery Major Power Number 4? Personally I think Boss Molasses sounds like a good ruler out of the lot... But we might be wise to see one of the not-so-great rulers before him... Also don't think anything good will come of looking for the Fourth Power person. But that's just me."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:26 pm

The Reaper looks thoughtful for a second, shrugs and then throws it's scythe (shrub included) up in the air, watching for the direction it points when it comes down.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

my vote is for the mystery power. they are more likely to hold the more basic resources of the world, or rather the ones other than 'sugar treats'
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:04 pm

The scythe flies dramatically.... not very high up in the air since it's weighed down with a shrub and stabs into the ground, dangerously close to Dynamo. (So, it's pointing down or whichever direction Dynamo is from the Reaper I guess.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

The Reaper points in the direction between it and Dynamo in an overdramatic fashion, hoping that Dynamo doesn't realise just how close she came to being hit.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 am

Gnarl, somehow managing to see and hear all of this without actually making any effort to note the rest of the group's existence, subtly edges away from the Reaper. Even more feared than a beacon of death is a beacon of death who may also literally harvest your body for grain.

Still, Gnarl keeps up the sulky tough-guy act, something one can only do after a few dozen decade's experience. "Eh, why not where it leads us," he grumbled, shrugging his shoulders in a way rather not reminiscent of a shrubbery moving in the wind. And decidedly not reminiscent of any theoretical shrubberies attached to theoretical scythes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:02 am

"Next time you throw up your weapon. Be mindfull of the people around you..." Dynamo said deadpan then jumps back to the more important topic at hoof. "Well then. We've so far got one vote for Mystery Power... And a half-vote for Boss Molasses."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:47 am

"Actually, the way I count it we have 2 for mystery power, 1 for 'that way,' and 1/2 for Boss Molasses since you seem to only give yourself half a vote." Fallen Arches interjects, "that is, assuming my vote still counts and my math isn't wrong."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 pm

"I vote for the mystery power guy! Maybe he's a supervillain? Like that one movie I saw once, with the chocolate-covered go karts..." Jingle trailed off. "Can we call him King Candy? Or is that sexist? Maybe Lord Lollipop? No... Uh... The Supreme Sweet?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:12 am

Oh, oops. I totally failed to realize you'd all said stuff on this issue. Ok then...

The party having decided where to go boldly set out.... and stopped as they realized they were all going in different directions (despite their only being four roads).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:43 am

Dynamo stops walking once she realized that the rest of her co-workers weren't following her. "HEY! Let's all go the same way... Best not to get split up again..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 am

Fallen Arches stops, "So which way is the right way?"
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 am

Gnarl shrugged, or perhaps it is better to say he shrubbed. "I dunno, but I can see the farthest, and this way looks right," he said, stretching out his massive limb of an arm towards "his" horizon.

It wasn't a very good argument he was using.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm

"I know, I'll cast my sinister detection spell! That should solve the problem!" And with that, Fallen Arches begins to fiddle with the clasp of his cape again.

Spoiler:
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

The spell works as promised. Fallen Arches detects sinister energies in all four directions as well as the origin point of the spell (himself).

Last edited by Ramsus on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

The Reaper shoulders it's scythe and leans down toward Arches.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:26 am

Fallen Arches proudly proclaims, "I have determined that all ways are in fact the right way!" Thinking for a moment about what he just said, he adds "I don't suppose anyone has anything more helpful to add?"
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 am

"I say that if we continue with the way we were going IE: exiting out the way I was heading, strikes me as the best course of action..." Dynamo comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next