Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+6
Caden2112
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
10 posters

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:16 pm

If Ramsus think's it's fine then it is. Crazy is one of those "Has a lot of implications" types of words. Like Pinkie is crazy, but so are some of the people on Criminal Minds.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

It had two stages in P3...Link broken meant that you'd seriously ticked off a social link (Usually when after you got to romantic stages with them, going out with another girl and not talking to them was a good way) and you didn't get benefits from it, because...Well, they were ticked at you. If it got REALLY bad, you'd have a reversed link, in which you REALLY had to work to make them not hate your guts with a passion, because it prevented the Wild Card character from even -using- that arcana's personae. Which could be problematic if, say, you reversed the Empress Link and all your good personae were Empress.

And yeah, Logan's right, if we've forgotten OOC, we should probably take the time to flip back through and see if it's been short enough that they remember it IC. It'd help prevent these problems cropping up unexpectedly, at the least.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Now the Derp character thinks your characters are Derp characters. Not quite the fail I was expecting but... y'know... still fail.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Well if nothing else, I do prefer to have Zeela be thought of as Dizty then having forgotten something like Brash's big rant so easily... Then again pitty we can't bring up the whole finding out Melody's a changeling... Cause that's what I'm putting as the why Zeela didn't recall the whole chat that happened the other day, or few days ago... In fact... Could we get a minor timeline of events so far? I'm not sure how many days have gone on since we started...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Ramsus wrote:Now the Derp character thinks your characters are Derp characters. Not quite the fail I was expecting but... y'know... still fail.
She might not have the utility... But I say Zeela does have her fair share of derp moments. XD

One of her most major derp moments was the event of her greatest failure... And I say we didn't fail. I mean for one thing, we turned a moment of anger into plans for trying to build a super-rocket... That's not a fail in my books... Not a win either, but totally not a fail.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

It's Matrix-tier bullet-dodging is what it is. Cool There is no spoon and such.

Seriously, we dodged a pretty big one there...Considering we'll probably be needing to do Star's dungeon pretty soon, for the best, too.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

I /think./ the time line is Day 1: Getting settled. Day 2: Saving Shiro. Days 3-5: Social Link Go!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode20 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

And here we go! Meet Full Tilt, star athlete of Ineighba High.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 9 Lsa5SyA
Link
Arcana: Fortune
Weapons: Horseshoes
Armour: Vests
Pingcode20
Pingcode20
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Location : A land down under, where women glow and men plunder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:40 pm

I like the character... But the sheet looks very ugly. Here's a blank sheet that might help it look A LOT better.

Only think I deeply dislike is seeing It's Over on that sheet... And really it bugs the hell out of me that I don't see the favor name (official name) type of set up?

The character is really good... Just I don't like how you did your sheet... A lot of minor flaws that snowballed into a huge uglyness in my eyes.

Sorry I sound harsh. It's just what I think.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey, it's over builds are awesome to pull off when they happen, Xel. And I don't quite see what's wrong format-wise with Ping's sheet :/ Looks nice here...
Although looking at it again it doesn't quite flow right, since there isn't really any seperations. *Shrug*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm just of the opinion that It's Over is a joke talent that somehow got turned official... Even with it's latest nerf, I just hate it's existence... *shrugs*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode20 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:39 pm

I, uh, just pinched Raven's sheet. Seemed the easiest way and Icing was on the top of the character sheets.

Re: Formatting - Missed a few here and there because I threw this together in about an hour and a half this morning, I'll correct later.

Re: It's Over - It's Over seemed fairly normal to me, I picked it because it seemed to tie in well with the character, and the high pip gain/expensive attacks style didn't seem to be taken.
Pingcode20
Pingcode20
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

It's fine if you wanta use it... I'm just not going to like it myself.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Yeah, It's Over! is one of those attacks that most everyone loves or hates. I think I'm the only one who's ambivalent towards it, that I know of. I will admit, I've used it, and rolling all the dice at once is satisfying to hear, though.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode20 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

If it helps, it's pretty much went in purely for flavour reasons. Could be replaced, but I don't think I'd be able to without compromising on the character's personality and motivations meshing with her combat style.
Pingcode20
Pingcode20
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 pm

While I'll agree on Xel that the formatting could use work and that I don't like It's Over!, those aren't nearly as pressing an issue to me as the fact that I'm pretty sure that your build is a very inefficient way to use Death Scythe. You're also not really capable of using It's Over! basically ever until it would no longer really matter (and I'd just like to note that the AoE version is just completely not worth doing for that cost). I really have no idea at all why you have Gather Energy as it doesn't help you get that first Royal Command any faster. Also, since you have Critfisher, you probably want I Meant To Do That. They're a very strong combo.

You could probably just take Death Scythe (using Critfisher and IMTDT) instead of All or Nothing and Form of the Reaper and then use the extra slot for something else. Your Royal Command setup I imagine would mainly be Critfisher, IMTDT, and Royal Command. You could then basically have a third build of sorts and have Supercharge, Rampage, and Furious Rage. (Basically Supercharge until you're bloodied and then lots of damage.) You'd then have an extra move left (assuming you dropped Gather Energy which you don't really need for anything and is a bigger risk for you than the potential rewards) and you could take Defender to hasten your way to being bloodied.
Edit: Apparently I assumed in there that you dropped It's Over! because you couldn't really use it.

Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode20 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Thematically the three big ones I want to keep are It's Over, Form of the Reaper, and All or Nothing. The build may be an inefficient way of using Death Scythe, perhaps, but it's actually Form of the Reaper specifically I want, not Death Scythe.

They're the ones with the strongest character links, the others are mainly there to build up pips and mildly synergise with dropping to bloodied. The rest I could probably figure out different interpretations of, if need be.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make that particular combination work.
Pingcode20
Pingcode20
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

I have no suggestions for how to make It's Over! work. Mostly because it's not supposed to. There's nothing you can really do with it that's worth the effort outside of extreme circumstances you're never going to know it could have been useful in until after the fight's over.

*shrug* I'm not entirely sure how practically killing yourself fits the theme of a star athlete personally. I never thought Form of the Reaper made any sense to be honest and I'm not particularly fond of All or Nothing for similar reasons. When using All or Nothing and Form of the Reaper instead of any +3 move and Death's Scythe you spend your first turn doing absolutely nothing aside from opening yourself to the possibility to get massively screwed by Dazed and then you lose 17 HP and get absolutely nothing in return. Either way you start with the weapon in your hands with 0 pips and one standard action that turn with it, though with Death Scythe's, Critfisher, and I Meant to Do That, you could possibly have some extra pips and maybe 2 temp hp as well and you might have done one of your crits.

I stand by Supercharge, Rampage, Furious Rage, Defender as a really good way to get bloodied quickly and do damage (and help the party doing so).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Ping's character design is, really "Pushing the character as far as they can go."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Any summoned weapon works as well thematically for that as the way he's got it set up though. At least imho.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Ok, just saying this right now...
Ping chose moves for the flavor of them with who the character is. And who they... Hide. So the reasoning isn't really able to be said for the last two.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm

*shrug* Well, then I can't really say any more. All I know is that he's basically punishing himself to have the mechanics match his flavor as opposed to just having the flavor match the flavor.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't really see how it's punishing. If he has + PiP moves and only one of the massive cost ones, it's building up, like a race, and when the combat gets that long (Which is coming up) he finishes strong. I like that type of build myself, and it's interesting to see it.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 pm

I meant more about the All or Nothing + Form of the Reaper combo. That's just pointless self-punishment for no gain at all.

It's Over! is sorta self punishment as it means the only thing you get to do all combat is a super move that... assuming combat even lasts to... lemme do the math here with his setup... turn 6!? (we're all dead, the fight is long over, or something is terribly wrong if a combat lasts quite this long) then he gets to do something that's.... probably completely overkill on the boss or whatever since it's not like the rest of us have just not been attacking it. You'd basically have to intentionally set up fights in a way for him to be able to use it and it be worth doing, at which point you might as well not have the rest of us even participate.... which basically means you might as well save the time and just narrate it instead of having an actual combat.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode20 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 am

I'll give it another look, see if I can rearrange for one of the standard attack patterns you suggested without trampling others, but if I end up useless because I'm carrying 'baggage talents' I can just deal with it. Besides, I can still work with royal command, no?
Pingcode20
Pingcode20
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next