Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 15 of 42 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 15 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Spoiler:

Grizzle turns to respond to Scorch. "Even if they are friendly enough, they are attempting to stay hidden from somepony, and judging by the lack of higher branches cleared from the treetops, it's entirely possible that the ponies they are hiding from are us pegasi in the royal guard. We will not attack first!" He says that sentence a bit louder than the rest, to the general rustling of trees nearby. Having learnt his lesson, he quiets a tad. "But we must be prepared to fight back if it comes to that."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 15 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  deonte9109 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Iggy heard Luthier's request and pondered for a second.
Well he did ask nicely acknowledging my superiority so I dont have to insult him this time, he thought to himself.But I do have a reputation to keep, he finished.
"You know its about time you recognized my greatness. All of you other ponies and.....extras should be more appreciative like your friend here so why doesnt everybody shut up for a minute and let me focus."
Iggy's brow came together in concentration. The forest both natural and supernatural spoke to Iggy and he listened.
Spoiler:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Lunar calls out to the timberwolf, in it's native tongue. "<Greetings. Do not worry, myself and this group just are on a quest, set forth by the Goddess of the Moon herself...>"

Persuasion check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 am

deonte9109 wrote:
Iggy's brow came together in concentration. The forest both natural and supernatural spoke to Iggy and he listened.
Spoiler:

The path Iggy is standing on is the only one of its kind for a very long distance at least - and parts of the dirt path you stand upon are dug-out holes filled in and flattened again, to give the comfortable illusion of a natural pathway to anyone with eyes, at least at first glance. That is to say, ponies who are not Iggy.

Other than that you "See" the twisting of branches, the owl nearby, the timberwolf pack hiding in the nearby trees. The trees which, for some reason, echo of otherwordly magic - or at least magic unlike you've ever felt before in your travels across Equestria. No matter how you "look" at it though, these trees are practically saturated with magic unnatural to themselves.

Xel Unknown wrote:Lunar calls out to the timberwolf, in it's native tongue. "<Greetings. Do not worry, myself and this group just are on a quest, set forth by the Goddess of the Moon herself...>"

Persuasion check:

The timberwolf seems mildly surprised that you were able to spot it, and outright shocked when you speak in its language. Still, after a brief moment to regain its wolfish frown, it tilts its head in consideration. <I wish to believe you, friend, but evil things have been happening in these woods as of late.> He considers a bit more.

"...is the hippogriff talking to a timberwolf?" Plug asks, as if it wasn't obvious.

<I shall believe you for now,> the wolf says. stepping from the bushes. <Do not give us reason to distrust you.> And then, almost as a warning, the last words he speak are punctuated with the puppetesque footfalls of a dozen other timberwolves stalking out of the underbrush.

"Oh dear," Grizzle flinches slightly. "Can we trust these creatures not to attack us?" he shouts to Lunar.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:03 am

"Just don't attack them... Or do anything else that'd prove we're a threat or something like that. They're aware there are evil things afoot in their woods... So they're quite on edge, but they're willing to trust my word for now that we're here on Princess Luna's quest, to not attack as." Lunar informs his allies, then said to the timberwolves. "<Thank you. I must say, I believe my group is in fact trying to look into the source of said evil... Hopefully to deal with it quickly. Anything you know of I'm sure could be useful... What have you and your pack noticed of late?>"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 am

When Iggy first sensed the multitude of timberwolves, he immediately flew up taking a defensive stance. Despite Lunar's warning, he did not trust the timberwolves to remain docile. The unnatural feeling of forest combined with the oddly timed timberwolves did not sit well.
"Ummm........no. I have no idea what you're talking about with these creatures but I highly suggest that we either start kicking butt or GTFO. I am not liking what I'm sensing right now and I do not have time to expain what." As Iggy finished, he slowly hovered further down the path.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Huh, talking to animals isn't something Brilliant would have thought was useful if she hadn't just seen it. Seems Princess Luna was proving herself as precognizant as her sister after all. She turned to Lunar, "Nice going. What kind of evil things are they aware of? Did they happen to get a look at them?"
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Lunar rolls his eyes at Brilliant. "Just asked that, waiting for a response... And, please come somebody calm down our worried friend in the air? I'd like to NOT have to fight a fellow pack of wolves..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:22 pm

"Sorry. Do I look like I speak squirrel timberwolf?" She turns and looks-up at Iggy, "By Celestia, get down here! You're giving our position away to everypony who cares to look up!"
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:21 pm

"<Many of our kind have been fearful, for reasons we cannot explain but feel within our hearts, of traveling deeper into these woods, our birth-home. Those that have not been fearful come back reporting worrying sights.>" The wolf looks grim as he continues his staccato growling. "<We have seen ponies. Many ponies, using magic unfamiliar to us to trample the forest before them and enslave our brethren's minds. We have seen great metal tortoises throwing fire and metal from their shells. And creatures strange and deadly we have also seen, creatures unlike any in Equestria we have yet seen, creatures of odd shape and unfamiliar magic, similarly enslaved. >"

As the presumed leader of this timberwolf pack finished speaking, another one barked up, looking slightly confused. "<So...what's going on with the pegasus over there?>"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:01 pm

"Ok... They're scared for one thing. Whatever is goin' on this type of make is just making them worry and panic." Lunar states. "Also there seem to be ponies using weird magics to take control over Timberwolves somehow. Also talk of weird 'metal tortoises throwing fire and metal from their shells' I think they said... And lastly, the timberwolves worn of 'creatures strange and deadly we have also seen, creatures unlike any in Equestria we have yet seen, creatures of odd shape and unfamiliar magic' that have also been enslaved with these groups." Then he informs the timberwolves. "<Oh, he's just equally on edge as you and your pack is... I guess he can feel the weird magics in the air and fears the worst. I am sure you can understand such feelings. My friends are trying to help calm him... Again I thank you for warnings of these odd sights, I'm sure you have helped our quest more then you could know.>"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:07 pm

"Huh, I guess you were right," Scorch says to Grizzle in response of Lunar's translation.
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"<Oh, he's just equally on edge as you and your pack is... I guess he can feel the weird magics in the air and fears the worst. I am sure you can understand such feelings. My friends are trying to help calm him... Again I thank you for warnings of these odd sights, I'm sure you have helped our quest more then you could know.>"

"<I see,>" the timberwolf responds. "<Our brethren not themselves are up ahead, protectign their...new pack. Please, if you can, release them from their bondage. And if you cannot...>" his eyes narrow as he and his pack, on some unseen signal, slink back into the forest. "<Destroy them. It will be a mercy.>"

"Well..." Plug says after a second or two. "That was creepy."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:55 pm

[Gah, sorry for not posting sooner...]

Wandering Eye remained silent throughout the conversation with the Timber Wolves - he hadn't been expecting them in here either... but from the fact that Lunar was able to speak with them... well, suffice to say he'd misjudged them.

Still, he remained on edge. Though his attention was somewhat taken off the Timber Wolves by a pony who was becoming his least favorite pegasus in Equestria. "You know its about time you recognized my greatness-"

Great,
Wander thought. He's an arrogant little blighter. I'm sure Luna has her reasons for recruiting him, but if anypony is the most unreliable cog in this machine...

"I am not liking what I'm sensing right now and I do not have time to expain what."

He suppressed a scowl. Iggy... as soon as these Timber Wolves are gone, we are going to have a little chat... on this mission, you explain everything. Our lives may depend on it.

Lunar's description of what the Timber Wolves said took his mind off Iggy. "Interesting... metal tortoises shooting fire and metal? If that's not a literal tortoise, though you never know with this sort of thing... then it sounds like something I heard about in theoretical engineering... wish I could send a message to Sharp Star, she's pretty into that subject." He wasn't sure if he meant to think that or say it, but they'd have to get used to him talking to himself sometime or other...

[...I'm going out on a limb, here... but those sound an awful lot like tanks. Given that Equestria hasn't really been in any wars lately (that I know of), I'm not sure they'd have any, but the technology exists to build one. I'm sure somepony's thought of it or heard about the idea by now, and I wandered if Wandering Eye's childhood friend might be one of those ponies... what skill do I need to roll for that?]

"And... strange ponies and strange magic? Wish we had more details..." he suddenly frowned and then glanced over at Iggy. "Speaking of details, what exactly are you sensing, Iggy?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:15 pm

"Well... Whatever is the danger, it's up ahead of us. And if we can't find a way to free the timberwolves that they've controlled... We've been asked to give them a mercy killing..." Lunar said with a tear in his eye at that fact.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 pm

"Nothing much. I'm not really seeing anything."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm

"Which is why I didn't ask what you were seeing." He couldn't hold back the scowl this time. So he wants to be a smart-aleck? Fine...

...It won't just be my problem.

"Let's keep moving. Only way we'll find out is if we run into it, it seems."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Nothing much. I'm not really seeing anything."
Dusk Raven wrote:"Which is why I didn't ask what you were seeing."

"Besides, that's to be expected, isn't it?" Plug added in his own retort, quick as a whip.

Dusk Raven wrote:"Let's keep moving. Only way we'll find out is if we run into it, it seems."

"Yes, let's," Grizzle said, moving forward before anypony could start up any sort of argument. "We have a mission to do."

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 pm

"Clearly you seem to be in tune with the weird magics... Or that's what I'm guessing..." Lunar comments. "If you know something more then I learned from the Timberwolves please share it... After all a smart pack uses all of their pack members different skills to their best in the hunt... Er... You know what I mean."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Scorch noticed the expression on his friends face. How could he not? "Let's just keep moving," he tells the rest of the group. He keeps his makeshift torch high as he leans down to Wandering Eye and tries his best to whisper quietly to the pony. Sadly, being a dragon, it isn't all that quiet...

"Hey, why the long face?"

(Perception Roll on Wandering Eye: 9 (Roll) + 8 (Bonus) + 5 (Wandering Eye Freaky Knowledge) = 22)
(Stealth Roll to whisper: 3 (Roll) + 5 (Bonus) (+ 5 (Wandering Eye Freaky Knowledge?)) = 8 (13?))
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Iggy was really starting to get on Brilliant's nerves. Well, "starting to" was wrong. "Focus, ponies. We have multiple hostiles, many completely unknown, up ahead and I'd rather not be eaten because they heard your inane arguing. Lunar, you said the other timberwolves are under some sort of mind control? If we can take one alive I might be able to examine the spell and attempt to dispel it". Hopefully. For all she knew, it might be completely different than any magic she'd ever seen before. Focus. Burn that bridge when you come to it.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
(Perception Roll on Wandering Eye: 9 (Roll) + 8 (Bonus) + 5 (Wandering Eye Freaky Knowledge) = 22)
(Stealth Roll to whisper: 3 (Roll) + 5 (Bonus) (+ 5 (Wandering Eye Freaky Knowledge?)) = 8 (13?))

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:27 am

It was a strange thing to be calmed by a dragon with temper issues, but Scorch's presence was always reassuring. Or maybe it was Shimmer's call to attention and competence.

He replied to Scorch first. [color=darkblue]"I'll be fine... just...["/color] It occured to him that Iggy, despite his previous mistake, might still be able to make out what he said. "...just adjusting to people again."

[My own stealth roll - 19 (roll) + 7 (skill) + 1 (grandeur) = 27]

Then he responded to Shimmer - "Understood... meanwhile, I'll do everything in my power to help subdue the Timber Wolves if need be."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 am

Dusk Raven wrote:He replied to Scorch first. "I'll be fine... just..." It occured to him that Iggy, despite his previous mistake, might still be able to make out what he said. "...just adjusting to people again."
The dragon nods and gives Wandering Eye a friendly pat on the back before standing upright...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:59 am

(\Ugghhh, I am SOOOOO sorry. It's just these past few weeks, standardized testing, tying up all these loose ends, FAILING 2 GOSH-DARN CLASSES. It's just really stressful, and I've been really trying to bring these grades up. Just...really stressed./)

Iggy, I swear by rude terms that would probably be extremely offensive in the company of the princess, what in equestria are yo-
DID SOMEPONY SAY THEORETICAL ENGINEERING?

Cobbled got wide-eyed, and dashed out of the center of the little circle, that I assume is still sort-of formed around Cobbled.
dashing towards where Eye was talking.
Soooooo, who said Theoretical engineering?
He said at a whisper

Last edited by casey1859 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 42 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 42  Next