Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) Empty Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 am

It is a time of peace, happiness, friendship, and advancement throughout all of Equestria...and beyond.

Princess Luna is returned. The Changeling empire is banished. Sombra is dead. Discord is redeemed.

The Elements of Harmony are reborn. The Sun and Moon hang once again balanced in the sky. Order has trounced Chaos. Love has proven superior to that which would diminish it. The Crystal Empire has reemerged. Princess Cadence and Princess Sparkle have taken their gilded thrones in the heavens and upon the soil of Equus.

Friendship is Magic.

And a little over a century in the future, one disgruntled unicorn is very, very angry about it.

And if he has anything at all to say about it, everything is gonna change...

Hello, and welcome to Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga, the first (and probably last, knowing my luck and dedication) of the Luna's Command series of campaigns. The campaigns in question...or at least this one...are set within their own canon with a backstory synonymous with all of the events of the mainline Friendship is Magic up to the end of Season Three. If no events from future seasons contradict the events you players create, then events of future seasons can also be considered canon to this storyline.

Ah, but this storyline! As vaguely implied by the name, the player characters will be called in by Princess Luna to investigate some strange goings-on in the land of Equestria, and beyond. Why these characters specifically? I promise there's a reason - you're just not gonna find it out anytime soon.

You are allowed to make any race you want that might conceivably exist in Equestria - which really isn't that limited. We will not start out using any unofficial expansions, but if any players do want to use any, they only need bring it to my attention and I'll probably be able to adapt it in, unless another player has a problem with it. If you need any advice or have any questions about making your character, feel free to ask me or any of your fellow players -we're here to help each other, after all.

One last thing: Though this campaign is open to anyone, and I'm willing to PH a relatively large, currently unassigned number of players, this game is primarily for newbies - not for the people on the forums who have played in one or more games of Pony Tales already. This is not to say those people cannot attempt to sign up. Quite the opposite, I encourage it; you'll probably get in! However, let it be known that if you want in and a new player wants in and signs up after you, I'll probably let the new player in first anyway. And it's probably for the best; though this campaign won't be anything like easy-mode, I do plan on making it normal-lite. Just above easy, if you will; no heavy traps, no overly tricky enemies, no advanced tactics, just a basic game with an over-the-top premise. At least at first...if the players are comfortable I might just ramp up the difficulty later!

Estimated Date to Start Up: Probably a day or two after we get our final player's character sheet. So, tomorrow at least (unlikely), a week at most (equally unlikely).  EDIT COUPLE WEEKS LATER: Oh wow this is hilarious

Further questions? Of course you have them; when it comes to DMing or even PHing I'm pretty new as well. So feel free to ask anything you like, for though I am relatively new I am also willing to learn from my mistakes and very patient with requests. If you don't have any questions, start signing up - but be aware at least one spot is already reserved, and there are some newbies I will be PMing to let them know game is starting.

Player Characters (Thanks to Pingcode and Retrokinesis for enabling my laziness):
1. Composed Luthier (Curunir)
2. Wandering Eye (Dusk Raven)
3. Cobbled Stone (casey1859)
4. Iggy (deonte9109)
5. Brilliant Shimmer (Retrokinesis)
6. Lunar (Xel Unknown)
7. Scorch (Paper Shadow)

EDIT: GAME HAS STARTED! Click here to access it!
EDIT TWO: We are indeed looking for a replacement for Lunar, played by Xel Unknown. Please post in this topic with applications and questions regards the posting. Those new to play-by-posting here are preferable, but all comers are welcome.

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:22 am

Booyah! I've been waiting for this!

...I just kinda need to fill out my utility talents and whatnot and figure out what the deal is with the current status of races... what IS the stance on races? Shall I use the 6-point stats currently in the Player's Handbook, or the 8-point stats as are currently being discussed?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 am

And the first question I forgot to cover has been asked!

General rule: if something is cooler and/or better for the players and isn't outright broken, it's probably something that applies to this campaign. 8 points are both more beneficial and cooler, so there you go.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:29 am

I'd have fun in a game like this Smile Of course if there are newer players I'd be willing to step aside, they take priority. Sounds like fun though, let's see where this goes.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 am

Here's my proposed character, Composed Luthier the instrument-maker (following common pony-naming format of adjective noun this time, instead of finding first and last names to cobble together)

I'm glad Dusk Raven asked about the racial points, I hadn't even thought of that! On a related note, I'm not clear on the status of Unicorn Ponykinesis (1 or 2 point racial trait?)

And yay Luna!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 am

Yay Luna indeed.

The official stance on racial talents is that Ponykinesis is one racial point, according to the newest semi-official data. This is perfect, because according to General Rule, if there was no official stance I'd have to take it as a 1-pointer anyway.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:54 am

I would like to reserve a spot if possible. The first game I was in kind of.....went under the porch without me really doing anything. I would even post a character but its half past way too late for me at this moment and I can barely type as is.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 am

Just to clarify: Once I start getting in character sheets I'll be willing to edit in people as playing in the first post, but until then I think it's safe to say the majority of you are in, if not all.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0n Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 pm

hey, it's me, and firedrop23(the friend I was talking about) is here too. Very Happy
Tell me if you want our character sheets!

zer0n
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

As soon as you guys can, that would be much appreciated.

And that goes for the rest of you, too. *significant look*
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0n Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Here's mine(no history/personality/background part yet, I'LL GET TO IT): http://dft.ba/-4MXX

zer0n
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) Empty character sheet

Post  Firedrop23 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Last edited by Firedrop23 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firedrop23
Firedrop23
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Very nice regards Fire Drop!

In the meantime, zer0n, I believe you need to alter your Share settings so that the document you are attempting to give to me is viewable by anyone; it's currently locking me out and citing that I do not have the necessary permissions to access it.

You can alter those privacy settings by right-clicking on the document in question in Google Drive, then moving down to - what else? - Share, moving into the menu that opens up and clicking on the second share. Then, in the window that pops up, select the first "change" in blue text, then click the button that says "Anybody with the Link".

If you already knew all that and merely forgot to change your settings, I apologize for being patronizing.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Firedrop23 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Very nice regards Fire Drop!

In the meantime, zer0n, I believe you need to alter your Share settings so that the document you are attempting to give to me is viewable by anyone; it's currently locking me out and citing that I do not have the necessary permissions to access it.

You can alter those privacy settings by right-clicking on the document in question in Google Drive, then moving down to - what else? - Share, moving into the menu that opens up and clicking on the second share. Then, in the window that pops up, select the first "change" in blue text, then click the button that says "Anybody with the Link".

If you already knew all that and merely forgot to change your settings, I apologize for being patronizing.
yay! when do we play? just a question
Firedrop23
Firedrop23
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Okay then, I just have to make one other post in a different topic and then I kind of have to go for the evening, but so far things are mostly in order, with perhaps a couple errors (which when fixed will be in you guys's favor) here and there. I'll get to them in detail sometime tomorrow, and in the meantime, have a nice night.

And the rest of you get your character sheets here too, alrighty?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Sorry! I've been busy the past couple days and haven't quite had time.

Also, given that unicorns now have Spellchild, I'm obligated to find a good Magic talent, but there's not many talents that use magic points and of those I'm not sure which ones would work for my character...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 pm

One's element can also be used as a "magic talent" just so you know....

Also assuming that AProc allows it you can also just edit your racials to whatever not just limit yourself to the defults.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 pm

I wasn't sure whether an element power could be used for that purpose or not... if so, then I'll probably go with Magic for my character's Element. Otherwise, I'll take Create Crazy Contraption, reflavor it for my purposes, and use it for Spellchild.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am

Apologies for the double-post, but I do believe my character is finished... for now. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BBa6Knk102aHUNKdfHkK_EZ5H0s1OOpF-JH73Z0HqNM/edit?usp=sharing
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:53 am

Umm... Unicorn's don't get extra Utility but extra training now...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

Actually, I don't think I have time for another game Sad I'll have to back out of this one. Have fun guys Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Umm... Unicorn's don't get extra Utility but extra training now...

Oops. Should be fixed by now.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:This might've been answered before. But one's element can count for a spellchild's once a day for a magic point using skill, right?

Yep. =)
The answer that says YES I am right about how spellchild works. :3

Felt like I should make it known that I'm not crazy in thinking this... LAUGHTERCORNS WILL BE MINE!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 am

Spellchild. Element of Magic.

I feel guilty for even considering it... much less using it. Gods, I can't even imagine how many spells my character would know as a result of that. More than enough to make him a Sue...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 am

He can in theory do all the spells... Just not all at once.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next