Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 17 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:24 pm

He finds it easily. The runes on it are no longer glowing, however.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 17 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Wandering Eye, suffice to say, had no words he could say to Iggy's statement... which was perhaps fortunate, as the group rounded a corner and saw the remains of a fight - and the remains of a timber wolf.

When Lunar found the collar, Wander approached him. "That the object that was controlling it?" Looking down at the collar, he tried his best to scrutinize it... trying to figure out what magic it might have held.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Lunar nods. "Best guess about the thing... Hopefully one of you can figure out how to defuse the thing for the next timberwolves we run into... I don't wanta have to kill another one..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 pm

"Plug, Grizzle, secure the area! If these things are anything like Lunar's friend, they hunt in packs". Brilliant nudges in next to Wandering Eye and looks at the collar as well, trying to ascertain what kind of enchantments it might have or had.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:. "That the object that was controlling it?" Looking down at the collar, he tried his best to scrutinize it... trying to figure out what magic it might have held.

Spoiler:

The collar looks like an ordinary metal collar, albeit very large. You feel a slightly greater amount of magic coming from it than one would expect.

Retrokinesis wrote:"Plug, Grizzle, secure the area! If these things are anything like Lunar's friend, they hunt in packs". Brilliant nudges in next to Wandering Eye and looks at the collar as well, trying to ascertain what kind of enchantments it might have or had.
Spoiler:

Plug and Grizzle salute, though Plug mumbles something good-naturedly about "not having to take orders from you" before doing so, and rush to the perimeter of the path, so to speak, readying a dagger and a small storm cloud, respectively.

The collar is radiating a slightly greater amount of magic than normal. From the "Feel" of it, combined with your training in the military as a Warmage, you can determine that the enchantment on this collar would cause a projection of some sort to be displayed on a surface medium. There is also a mild ward against attempts to disenchant the collar.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Brilliant bites her lip. "I believe the collar is intended as a projector of sorts. Perhaps as a way to transmit orders? It's also warded against dispelling, so somepony certainly knows their enchantments here..." She turns to Eye, "What do you make of this? We might be able to activate it and see who's been giving orders but that might be dangerous, as I don't detect any actual mind-control enchantment".
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 pm

"Unfortunately, you seem to have a more clear analysis of it than I. I would advise against tampering with it for now - if possible, we should try and observe one while it's active... dangerous though that may sound. I think I have ways to subdue one of the Timber Wolves, however... long enough for you to trap it within one of those "force cages." It'll be a lot easier if we can find an isolated scout, of course."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 pm

While Wandering Eye and Brilliant Shimmer studies the collar, Scorch attempts to comfort the weeping hippogriff, lightly hugging the creature with a wing. "Hey, hey, it's okay. It was only a timberwolf."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:09 pm

"To you maybe... But while I'll admit they're odd plant-wolves that are mostly born of magic, I think... They're still wolves to me..." Lunar comments as he cries.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm

"Oh, right. Raised by wolves." Scorch had almost forgotten. Still, he continued talking to Lunar, trying to sound as gentle as a dragon can. "But come on now, wipe those tears away. You did what you had to do."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm

"Yeah yeah have your little sob story when you go to therapy, we still have more important business to attend to." Iggy said floating along. "And I agree we should try capturing one of these things the next time we see one then put it to sleep for good."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Lunar shudders and after a short pause nods to the dragon. "Your right... We still have our mission. Even his pack understood these might be unsavable..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Yeah yeah have your little sob story when you go to therapy, we still have more important business to attend to." Iggy said floating along. "And I agree we should try capturing one of these things the next time we see one then put it to sleep for good."

"That's what we did with this one," Plug said, still stalking the outer perimeter of the basic area the group was in. "Didn't help us much."

"At all, really," Grizzle amended. "Though I would suggest we hurry - I would not be surprised if one or more of its fellows was attracted here by the noise...or that tiny cut on your chest there." He looked at Lunar, then with another glance at the forest walked over to him. "Here," he said, quickly attaching a bandage he got from who knows where. "Bit of potion on that. That'll help the...physical wound, at least."

Xel Unknown wrote:Lunar shudders and after a short pause nods to the dragon. "Your right... We still have our mission. Even his pack understood these might be unsavable..."

Grizzle nodded, then looked up, speaking to the ponies at large. "Let's get going then?" he asked, walking forth once more.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Wait, I'll be... just a second.
Cobbled pulls a strange, sharp object from his saddlebags that he's totally been wearing this whole time.
While like you said, I am experienced with stone,
Cobbled hopped up towards the nearest tree, pulling himself up by his front hooves to get high enough, working with the tool in his hooves until just a thin layer of wood was left on the tree.
I heavily advise you stand back. I'll try and land it off of the path, but I'm not perfect.
hanging on for dear life, Cobbled swung opposite the direction of the path, attempting to sway the tree to fall off of the path.
I can also use wood.
ROLLS:
just an offhand comment:

Last edited by casey1859 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:46 pm

ROLLS:

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Hmm... that gave Brilliant an idea. "Cobbled, can you take a look at this collar? What is it made out of?"
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:36 am

Luthier also had an idea, possibly a different one. He took a quick look at the collar, just to see what it looked like; he would leave analyzing its magic to Shimmer and Eye, and its physical makeup to Cobbled Stone. Setting his musical instruments gently down for a moment, he levitated the scrap wood and branches from Cobbled's project.

"Hope you don't mind if I use some of your leftovers there? I'm not bad with wood myself- need it for a lot of instruments, you know. Let me know if you need any help with... whatever it is you're doing"

The branches and scrap wood split, reformed, and shaped into a pile of wooden collars.

"Here, Shimmer, could you lend a hoof with this? Or horn, really."

Luthier looked at each of the simple collars and concentrated, altering the appearance to make them seem like the collar they just recovered.

"Hmm, might be convincing enough at a distance, long as they don't try to do whatever it is they use these for. I was thinking we could each wear one of these, might do nothing, might let us slip by unnoticed, might buy us a few seconds. "

Spoiler:

Last edited by Curunir on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:32 am

Cobbled trotted over to where Shimmer was standing
Hmmmm......I would say that it is made out of some form of iron alloy, looks like it has some orichalcum in there... orichalcum, I seem to remember, has some very potent magical capabilities. See, how it glints just so? That's the orichalcum. I really like saying orichalcum. It's a fun word.
Spoiler:
Once cobbled is finished telling and explaining to Shimmer, he heads over to where Composed is standing.
Ohh, thank you! Here, I have a list in my head of some rather complicated sounding stuff, but trust me, it's rather quite simple.
Okay, I'm going to need, oh, wait, first, do you know what a gear looks like? How it is made, specification, all that?

Last edited by casey1859 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 am

Spoiler:

casey1859 wrote:
ROLLS:

Not only does Cobbled not manage to saw through any part of the tree, but he also almost manages to fall off of his branch while he makes the attempt. He has more success, after jumping down, with identifying the metal the collars are made of: some kind of iron alloy, likely with a tiny dash of orichalcum in the mix. Rare stuff and not immediately noticeable, but then again it's got the rare shine such alloys tend to bring and orichalcum alloys are remarkable magical conductors.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 am

Brilliant watched Cobbled Stone fall off the tree and sighed. "You alright? Scorch, could you give me a hoo- claw with this?" She levitates the saw and begins trying to saw through the tree.

She thinks outloud while guiding the saw, "Orichalum, hmm? That's not exactly common. More evidence that whoever's behind this has access to some impressive magical resources".
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:28 am

"I've used gears before on some more exotic instruments and things like music boxes... but I'm no expert, I don't know technical terms and such. If you could just show me... maybe with that notebook of yours, I think I can help."

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:34 am

Retrokinesis wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Curunir wrote:"I've used gears before on some more exotic instruments and things like music boxes... but I'm no expert, I don't know technical terms and such. If you could just show me... maybe with that notebook of yours, I think I can help."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 am

"Let me see... might be faster, not to mention quieter, to deal with this stubborn tree using magic."

Luthier spent some time tracing lines on the tree with his horn. "Let's see... here... here... and here..." The tree began to glow as magical light flowed across the scratched lines, and with a slight creak and crack the tree split into more manageable pieces. Luthier caught the pieces with his telekinesis before they could hit the ground, and went about making the fake collars and parts for Cobbled Stone.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 am

"Impressive display of arcane ability, Mr. Luthier. Allow me to assist with your scheme for the collars?" She begins helping Composed Luthier change their appearance to match the runed one. It was a simple illusion but it should do.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Scorch helped however he could, but the two unicorns seemed to have everything under control anyway, so he ended up not doing much. He had a look at the end product. "So, why did we make a collar?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next