Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 18 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Ramsus Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Skitter sighed and quickly climbed out the window and over to the rooftops where the fire was and summoning several shades, has them swirl around the area scooping up the fire as well as glass from nearby and bottling the blaze to be used later.

Acrobatics to climb/move around quickly: 13 + 15 (spider climb) + 9 = 37

Pretty sure I haven't used my MP today and we're going to sleep soon so....

Using Element of Magic to use Fabricate. I can get 120 cubic feet of material that way and I doubt there's nearly that much of whatever the molotovs were. Which leaves me plenty for things like glass from the nearby environment. I hope my minor messing with things is ok because... well, the flavor works better this way.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm

@ Brony: With that roll, and no real knowledge/context of the details of the roof/building he was on, you can't learn anything other than "he fell from the burning building", or "he probably climbed up". Also, you may want to put him out before trying to loot him, he's still burning like a human torch (the flammable stuff was moved away from him, and the others aren't very enthusiastic to go poking around him in that state).

@ Skitter: Roll good enough to climb up. What are you using fabricate on? The liquids that were inside the bottles, the glass of the bottles, or the "roof" material? You can't manipulate fire, since it's not a material.

@ Rolf/Jeraylia: You'll have to get higher/climb to properly cover or help with any fires you can't see or reach. Rolf can make an arcana check for the telekinesis blankets, though he'd likely be working with a penalty from that distance.

As Skitter deftly leaps up the windowsills and decorative arches/statues on the wall, all the way up to the burning rooftop, Rabiah swoops down and is offered a pair of large blankets. Most of the refugees and soldiers start scrambling for fire-fighting tools, such as buckets of water, large ladders (wooden, due to lack of anything better to use) and fireproof clothing. A few of the burning building's residents start evacuating the others, as well as offering to lead the way to a trapdoor that gives access to the roof from within the building proper.

Anyone trying to blanket fires or otherwise being "too close for comfort" to it, make either an endurance (resisting the heat / scorching) or acrobatics (be quick enough to avoid getting scorched) check. Fabricate is far enough to be safe.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Well, I was going for the liquid mechanically speaking but, I was hoping for flavor for it to be the fire itself. This is an effect of using the element of magic to do a clearly magical effect so, I didn't think you'd say "nope, you can't apply magic logic to this magic thing you're doing" on such a trivial thing.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Sorry, should have realized it was up in a tower. I'll follow someone leading people to that trap door, getting my cloak drenched in a bucket of water along the way.

"Would there be anyone else up there? Any guards or janitors?" Jeraylia asks her guide.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Tue May 21, 2013 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Taking off all valuable and sentimental items Zthulan uses his fire immunity to the fullest and assists where he can.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Rabiah panting as she pulled the blankets up into the air with her talons. She approached the fire to try and muffle them.

rolled 19 for acrobatics.

19(1d20)+11=30

Last edited by Kris_The_Guest on Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Rolf realized that the building was too high for the spell's regular range. He tried giving it an extra charge in order to lift the blankets and other materials up to the tower roof where they would be useful.

Rolling Arcana...18(1d20) + 14 = 32.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well, I was going for the liquid mechanically speaking but, I was hoping for flavor for it to be the fire itself. This is an effect of using the element of magic to do a clearly magical effect so, I didn't think you'd say "nope, you can't apply magic logic to this magic thing you're doing" on such a trivial thing.

Oh stop being so negative on a whim. I asked to confirm what you were doing mechanically. Flavor is always an option if it makes sense, and you technically ARE manipulating the fire by manipulating the liquid that is on fire and therefore carrying it. How exactly are you manipulating it, by the way, as far as shaping it / molding it / directing it goes?

Also, Broken, it's not a tower, just a big street building. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 20, 2013 11:06 pm

I wasn't really being negative. As far as describing it... kinda thought I did that. To sum up, putting it into bottles to be used later. (I still like to think of it becoming elemental fire in a jar but, that's pretty much equivalent to molotovs. Outside of scientific considerations.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 am

Whatever, just get me up there XD.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 am

Horizon grabs the nearest blanket on its way to help elsewhere and puts it to use. Draping the burning cultist with it, he then uses his boot to finish snuffing out the flames. These cultists had an annoying tendency to carry highly flammable and dangerous things, and he had learned his lesson about leaving them burning while in the tunnels. Once it was effectively smothered and the cultist was entirely dead, he the begins to try and salvage anything from him.

And Endurance is 9+10=19
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Everyone combines their efforts in neutralizing the fire: Skitter, the first to reach it, quickly manipulates the liquid and the surrounding glass remotely, practically creating a large jug out of the glass and seeping the liquid into it, creating a jug of continuously jetting fire. Rolf and Rabiah both use blankets to snuff out most of the smaller fires that spread away from the liquid. Zthulan and Jeraylia arrive at the top of the roof: luckily, the fire didn't spread down into the building itself, and according to the guide, that floor was evacuated rather quickly. Zthulan uses his fire immunity to snuff out the flame still jetting out of the newly formed "jug", whilst Jeraylia blankets off whatever Rolf and Rabiah missed.

Everyone gives a sigh of relief as the night is no longer illuminated by the blaze. Apart from a sooty appearance, nobody appears to be harmed (apart from the cultist, that is).

Meanwhile, Horizon manages to put out the Cultist, sustaining only a sooty appearance to his armor. Checking him up, it appears that most of his flammable things have already been severely damaged by the intense blaze and the fall: A scroll lies half-burnt, it's spell likely unusable, his clothes are unfit to use for anything other than as a mop, a potion bottle lies half-melted and broken within a burned alchemical pouch, its contents likely evaporated or disintegrated. The only real usable equipment remaining are a simple dagger, another one of those ruby medallions, and a wrapped ham sandwich (now toasted).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Rabiah landed on the ground and then looked at the guards and the group. "So.....I never got my question answered, what's going on again?" She asked to them, looking very confused.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm

"You don't know? Of course, you may have just arrived in the city, so...Anyway, my name is Rolf Towden, and my compatriots and I are an adventuring group called Scythe. Long story short, that man in purple was a cultist, under the employ of a lich named Zilean. Zilean attacked the city earlier this morning, and he managed to use a bomb to blow up a drinking contest, along with most of the adventurers in the city. As of yet, we've been able to stop his attacks on the local temple, and the town guard here is gearing up to clear the streets of the cultists and zombies terrorizing it."

"But where are my manners? What is your name?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue May 21, 2013 11:38 pm

"I'm Rabiah." She replied, reaching back, behind her head and pulling out her rabbit, which was shaking like crazy. "And this Whitfoot~ He's an Albino Lop!"
Then she grabbed the pouch on her left wing and opened it, depositing the furry creature inside before she looked in. "Huh, my hummingbird friend doesn't want to come out." She sounded confused somewhat.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 am

Skitter comes over to Rolf and says in a whisper, "You know, it kind of defeats the whole thing we're going for if you announce us as an adventuring group. Next time you introduce us refer to us as part of the organization that is Scythe or something? There's no point if we're going to destroy our own air of mystery every time we meet someone."

Skitter nods to Rabiah, raises an eyebrow at the rabbit, and says, "I don't believe I've met a member of your race before. Hawkling correct? It is a pleasure to meet you....both." he sounds a little unsure about that last word and continues, "You may call me Skitter." He then looks to Rolf and asks, "What is a hummingbird?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 am

Taking his slow time to meet the new arrival, Zthulan gives her a tired smile. [color=blue]"Thanks for the help on both the fire and the cultist I'm Zthulan."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 22, 2013 4:12 am

I'll assume we grouped up.

Shaking out her singed cloak, Jeraylia gives the Hawkling a nod, "Well met, Rabiah. Without your swift action and quick thinking, we might all be a little more hot and bothered than we'd like."

As a guy, I'd like to point out how wet her shirt would be (precaution during fire fighting). As her player, I'd like to mention she's wearing chainmail underneath Razz.
Actually, fire would have dried it out anyway.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 22, 2013 5:31 am

Broken Logic wrote:
As her player, I'd like to mention she's wearing chainmail underneath Razz.
Not the first time.

"Sherioushly," Horizon says as he joins the rest of the group (around a bite of toasted ham sandwich) "what part of anonymoush... do you not get? Skitter gets it. Quit SAYING things." He takes another bite and then continues. "You, Birdy, Rabies, whatever. Unless your hummingbird carries some kind of Celestial Greathammer or something, your best bet may be to get airborne again and flap until this screaming nightmare is far behind you."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 am

"Don't be too hasty there Knifey and way to share sheesh. You saw how she caught that moltov. We could probably use the help considering... A birds eye view wouldn't exactly hurt us either. Of course, she'd have to join the organization. But, do you think this fair maiden is the type to just turn her back on the suffering and probably relatively innocent when she could instead become part of something greater and get a share of the great unknown quantity of spoils?" Skitter replies directly to Horizon at first but, just more speaking to the group and Rabiah herself as he goes on.

Yeah, so I don't actually need to make persuasion checks against party members to join the party. Doesn't mean I shouldn't RP it anyway.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Rabiah cried out as she pulled something out of her small satchel. "Here she is!" She opened her hand to Skitter to show a tiny bird made out of green crystals with a really long, thin beak. "This is a hummingbird." She replied simply, smiling as the hummingbird took off into the air and landed on Skitter's head.
Then she looked around. "It doesn't look like a nightmare around here. We aren't in a cage or under water or in some demon's stomach."
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Ramsus wrote:Skitter comes over to Rolf and says in a whisper, "You know, it kind of defeats the whole thing we're going for if you announce us as an adventuring group. Next time you introduce us refer to us as part of the organization that is Scythe or something? There's no point if we're going to destroy our own air of mystery every time we meet someone."
Rolf sighed, then whispered back, "Very well, I shall attempt to preserve the aura of mystery and the implication that there are more than five of us with the next introduction. Of course, when someone asks if "Scythe" will be bringing reinforcements, I'll direct them to you."

Then she looked around. "It doesn't look like a nightmare around here. We aren't in a cage or under water or in some demon's stomach."
"What my masked friend means is that right now, the city is a rather dangerous place. The purple-cloaked cultists and the zombies are roaming the streets, willing to harm anyone who gets in their way. We ourselves had to rescue a small child who some sadist was threatening to tear apart just on the way here. Not to mention that our enemy sometimes employs a purple gas that reacts with dead flesh, blood and bone to create....gruesome things. Still, Skitter has a point, we could use someone of your talents, if you're willing to help us. The people of Fezaris would thank you for it, and I'm sure that you would be awarded appropriately."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Feel free to move to the extended rest area for your random encounter extended rest time-skip, once you're all done with the obligatory RP/strategic PC group initiation techniques, and/or feel like advancing the plot. Very Happy

Otherwise, carry on with ze RP / alt scripts!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri May 24, 2013 9:11 pm

...well, I think we (or at least Rolf) is waiting for Rabiah's reply (unless Skitter wants to comment on the hummingbird that just landed on his head).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm

"I... see. Could you tell it to get off of my face? I'm not exactly hungry at the moment." Skitter says, looking at the hummingbird.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next