Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Do you have a particular map you're using/basing things off of? If so, link?

Edit: Thought of another question. Can I apply my bonus from Spider Climb to jumping?

And I notice that google docs chat thing now makes alert noises. The unfortunate thing is you have to be a registered user of that document to join the chat. Still, if everyone in the game requests permission for your combat talents doc like I did, we could use it as a chatroom sometimes.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 am

Ramsus wrote:Do you have a particular map you're using/basing things off of? If so, link?

Edit: Thought of another question. Can I apply my bonus from Spider Climb to jumping?

And I notice that google docs chat thing now makes alert noises. The unfortunate thing is you have to be a registered user of that document to join the chat. Still, if everyone in the game requests permission for your combat talents doc like I did, we could use it as a chatroom sometimes.
Here it is...

I most likely won't allow the bonus for jumping, since the air doesn't count as a surface. Was there any reason why you wanted the bonus for jumping?

I can do that, if everyone sends me requests asking for me to share it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
I most likely won't allow the bonus for jumping, since the air doesn't count as a surface. Was there any reason why you wanted the bonus for jumping?

Well, it might be fun sometimes to just jump onto the roof instead of climbing or jump from one to another or such things. Also there's no way in the system to get a bonus to jumping, and jumping hardly compares to flying (which also would have been a 1 point racial trait that would completely negate any need to ever climb or jump, so I don't see how Spider Climb applying to jumping could actually cause any problems flight couldn't).

Edit: Reaction to the map: Ok cool, know where we are in relation to stuff. Also, too the city isn't on that peninsula below Las Pegasus, then Acoltraz could be where the compass rose is. =P (Of course then we'd be pretty far from most stuff and can see why you'd place us where you did, since it means we have options of where to go.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well, it might be fun sometimes to just jump onto the roof instead of climbing or jump from one to another or such things. Also there's no way in the system to get a bonus to jumping, and jumping hardly compares to flying (which also would have been a 1 point racial trait that would completely negate any need to ever climb or jump, so I don't see how Spider Climb applying to jumping could actually cause any problems flight couldn't).
I see what you mean. I think the reason you don't get a bonus from jumping with Spider Climb is because, in a situation where you needed to get out of the way fast, or something along those lines, you can just say you jump out of the way, and you would get the +15 bonus, while someone who wants to fly out of the way takes a -10 penalty. Likewise, you can say that you jump to do many stuff, and get a large bonus because of it. Meanwhile, since you can't climb all the time, and flying is better than it more or less all of the time, giving it a +15 bonus is innocent enough...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Just to state the obvious, we are only waiting for Whiteeyes, and as soon as he is done, we'll begin...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Kinda funny since he was the first one to sign up.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Ok Google Drive is being a total butt right now and won't let me edit my own documents. Wat?! Anyway I do have all of Silver Snake's RP and background done. The only thing really missing is the combat stuff, so as long as we don't start off with a fight I can get that in no problem once Google stops being a butt.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 am

Um... Need permission to see that picture shown.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 am

A couple things to mention. I'm already doing Honesty >_< . In fact all we're missing is Generosity and Magic and Xel's been waiting to just take whatever was left over. What skill are you using for Weather-Crafting? If it's Persuasion then you're basically pulling the same schtick as Bullion. Otherwise, if you were just going to use something like Athletics or Acrobatics, you might want to consider just swapping it out for something else.

Edit: You could also post your combat build in here for now so we could give comments on it/you could use it if problems persist or such.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:30 am

Yeah, his page doesn't quite say that yet (I'm working on it! Razz) but Bullion can yell at clouds and demand they rain. And they do it. Or else!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 am

Freaky Knowledge in The Banking System? Well, at least I'm not being probed about how the law works. Also, one of your combat moves better be called "The Killing Joke"...

Also, Ramsus, I think he was just taking the base Pegasus stuff, and not playing around with the Genetic Engineering Doc . No problem with that, in fact, if Bullion gets preoccupied, might not be a bad idea to have a back-up weather-crafter...

I'll start the IC thread soon, but first, I'm gonna play some more Monaco...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 am

Well, at the very least he could do it via Streetwise somehow as that's his second best skill rather than one of his worst. Though, mostly I was just pointing out he didn't need to feel tied down to the default racial setup and be stuck taking something he wasn't really planning on using.

Edit: For example, that character concept really calls out for taking Untraceable to me personally.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Not really planing on weather crafting a lot. But yeah sticking tobasic genetics. Also, the skill in question for WC is Stealth. He set it up when you weren't looking.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm with Ramsus here that Whiteyes you shouldn't use the defualt racials... But that's just my opinion... If your really are dead set on keeping with the defaults... I won't complain anymore... But I can't promass there wont be any jugding you behind your back... Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:23 pm

While you all discuss on how people should make characters, I made the IC thread and now ready to see your dirty criminals in action...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Whiteyes and Retro you're both wanted on set! jocolor
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Sorry, I just got back home for the weekend! Won't happen again Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Yes, never leave again.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:32 pm

I'll try not to! If I have to, I'll bring my phone at least Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

*pokes Paper Shadow...* We going to get any postie about the two different streetsmarts checks that have been done or not while we wait for Whiteyes?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:*pokes Paper Shadow...* We going to get any postie about the two different streetsmarts checks that have been done or not while we wait for Whiteyes?
If he hasn't posted by the time I get back, then I'll give it to you. Frankly, I'm surprised the guards are letting you all have a chat at the moment, and I'm the GM...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 pm

We're really intimidating and one of our members is lagging behind anyway? *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah... I like to think that most unicorns are allowed some level ponykiniss magic, just at really reduced power. But Jill's crafty enough to not be allowed ANY magic in this place. There might be rumors that might or might not have been sparked by Jill that stopped mysteriously after she was fully suited up with the Level 3 Horn Debuffer outfit.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Just a heads up, if Whiteeyes hasn't posted in the next couple of hours (about 8 or so), I will be dragging his character out so we can move things along...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

He's not been online since his last post from two days ago on this very topic... I'm not sure what it means, but I see it as a bad sign personally. Sure he's only been offline for only two days. But I like to think most play by post campaigns should demand a one-per-day type of thing or something. Explecaillly when the campaign has just started and whatnot.

He's already got a history of being gone for an extremely long time with little explanation for us.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum