Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 8 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Ramsus Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 pm

I don't think it's a big issue. We're bound to run into a lot of situations where talking our way out/into situations will be helpful. Also it means we have good aid checks too. Besides, if Bullion changed his CM to Streetwise then he'd have to change his weather-crafting over to that too and that'd be less amusing.

Edit: Besides, they (and I) have FK's in entirely different aspects of persuasion. (Admittedly they'd both still be better than my character even in her FK aspect there but, it's their CM skill and not hers. Also, hers applies just as often to Perception as Persuasion.)

Otherwise they do overlap with both having Telepathy and Memory to Mist but, the later is 1/Day and somehow I see us not being sad about two of that per day. As for Telepathy, sometimes parties do split and that Utility really doesn't have that huge of a range. (So, this might not be the most super efficient use of party utility allotment but, I don't see it as a big problem thing either.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 8 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Good points Ramsus... I retract my earlier worries.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, at least we know with Bullion around we can always have the wind blow in whatever direction we want.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:(Assumptions regarding the validity of the letter aside, is there any direction you wish to steer the ship towards?)
Jill is guiding the thing... But she's more or less going to wait on what everyone else suggests about where to head the ship to and have them see the letters as well.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 am

Um.... I know it makes sense out of character for everyone to assume someone set our escape up but.... why are people doing this in character when the only facts we have are pointing to the opposite? (Also I really wish Paper had waited long enough to let someone aid my roll.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 am

You're right, looking back. Jill's conviction that that is the case had thrown me off to believe that we had figured out (IC) that someone had arranged the escape- I'll edit my post to make it clear that that is still only a theory at this point.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 am

The fact that we where all on the same boat is one of the biggest reasons why Jill thinks there was somebody who freed us all. Cause Jill Night would like to think that the Equestrian's are normally smart ponies. And Smart Ponies would've had made sure to keep Jill, Bullion, and Vira not be on the same boat. If not a different boat for everybody. We're really high profile criminals... Also the fact that the guards made the mistake of not running and setting the boat on fire or something instead of fighting us.

Also her logic with going back is to break out more ponies (to make a greater amount of chaos to help them get under the radar of Equestrian Law) or just destroy the place a little out of spite.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 am

You might want to say that IC Xel. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 am

Ramsus wrote:Um.... I know it makes sense out of character for everyone to assume someone set our escape up but.... why are people doing this in character when the only facts we have are pointing to the opposite? (Also I really wish Paper had waited long enough to let someone aid my roll.)
I thought I gave a day, but it turned out I didn't. In fact, I made the posts when you guys would only go online to check. If someone still wants to make an assist, go ahead...

But Ramsus has a point. For a bunch of criminals who were about to be banished to, most likely, your deaths, you seem rather optimistic about why you were banished...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed May 15, 2013 6:55 am

Well, if an aid check is desired an aid check will be had! I don't really know if you want me trying to jam it in the main thread though, so here it is:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 = 12 + 14 = 23 (Extra +3 is sharp eyes would help on noticing the hoof print being somehow faked)
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 15, 2013 9:57 am

thematthew wrote:Perception: 1d20 + 11 = 12 + 14 = 23 (Extra +3 is sharp eyes would help on noticing the hoof print being somehow faked)
I'll accept 26...

Between the two of you, you decide that the letter was not written by Princess Celestia, nor any royalty-approved letter writer or anything of the sort. While it is clear to ready, it would be considered messy by a professional. However, the hoofprint still looks like the Princess' actual hoofprint. It doesn't suffer any problems seen with popular forgery techniques. It was definitely applied under a hoof in one go, as opposed to being carefully painted or modifying a regular hoofprint, since the ink doesn't overlap, making the only plausible way the print could be forged is by getting a mold of Celestia's hoof, which would be as hard as one would imagine. You do feel though that, if this is a fake, you could most likely tell the difference between it and the real deal if you had Celestia's actual hoofprint and compared the two side-by-side...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 16, 2013 9:21 am

So, should I just take you guys to San Franciscolt, or do you plan on heading in a different direction?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, it seems like you have ideas for it so I'd kinda like to see it. On the other hand, it seems a lot like we're walking into a trap for no good reason.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri May 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Huh. I thought we were gonna have more discussion about that. Well, not like we didn't have enough time to do so, so I can't really blame Paper. That said, I was hoping to suggest we didn't actually dock at the docks....
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Ramsus wrote:Huh. I thought we were gonna have more discussion about that. Well, not like we didn't have enough time to do so, so I can't really blame Paper. That said, I was hoping to suggest we didn't actually dock at the docks....
I'm sorry, I just wanted to move the game forwards. I know a number of you have definitely been online since my post up there, so I thought it was okay. I didn't think about asking where you wanted to dock the ship though...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 19, 2013 1:04 am

Well... guess we don't have to worry about overlap with Bullion now. *shrugs*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:"I for one, say one of us should stay back and keep an eye on our hostages?" Jill comments. "Or did they all die and I just didn't notice... I hate when that happens..."
(That would depend on how many Vari ate on the journey...)
The half she agreed on. The question is what did Jill do with hers?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Well she tried mind-controlling experiments on them... Clearly...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

I'll bug Matthew a bit later but, surely other people have things to say/do?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Um... I half-way wondering what I should do or say about the test-subjects? Paper, your ruling on this issue?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue May 21, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't have anything constructive to add right now.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Um... I half-way wondering what I should do or say about the test-subjects? Paper, your ruling on this issue?
*is going to point at his old post again, just cause I can*

Also I am paranoid that it won't be seen if I don't quote and post again.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Um... I half-way wondering what I should do or say about the test-subjects? Paper, your ruling on this issue?
*is going to point at his old post again, just cause I can*

Also I am paranoid that it won't be seen if I don't quote and post again.
I had a reply to this asking for what you were specifically asking a ruling for, but my internet cut out and then I went to sleep...

So what is this a ruling for? The answer is most likely yes, but still...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Well... Half of the ponies guards that were captured were eaten by Vira... The other half, was Jill's... Who would've tried to basically mind-wipe/mind-control/mind-rewrite them to remold them into minions of her own choosing. Maybe even make them mentally female or something as well. *shrugs* Just something to make them fully dependent on Jill to make them loyal if nothing else. Or they might've also just ended up dead one way or another from Jill's warping of their minds.

What my question is, what roll should I do to see if anypony survived Jill's Experiments, or you just want to decide yourself how well these mental changes went?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Well... Half of the ponies guards that were captured were eaten by Vira... The other half, was Jill's... Who would've tried to basically mind-wipe/mind-control/mind-rewrite them to remold them into minions of her own choosing. Maybe even make them mentally female or something as well. *shrugs* Just something to make them fully dependent on Jill to make them loyal if nothing else. Or they might've also just ended up dead one way or another from Jill's warping of their minds.

What my question is, what roll should I do to see if anypony survived Jill's Experiments, or you just want to decide yourself how well these mental changes went?
Well, I would ask for a Magecraft check, but I've just read that Magecraft magic lasts for only 10 minutes, and you don't really have the time to take 20 or anything as you would with your other experiments. So, here's the deal. Roll 4d20, for the four guards that are yours. For each 20 you get, you get a CMC and can do whatever mind screwing you please to one of the guards for as long as you want. For all the other results, treat them as standard Magecraft checks, so add your Arcana to see if you are successful at whatever you plan on doing (which I suggest you don't think too big with), the effects of which last for ten minutes, so the best thing to do might be having them forget all about you and go home or something, but it is up to you. You may add your Heart of Courage to all the checks, and take a +2 bonus on the first check (taking a ten minute prep time) and no extra modifiers on the others (taking a one minute prep time), and you can't do more than one check onto a guard. You won't know how successful your checks are, because the guards are still unconscious. I'll let you pick what four guards you want to do it on; you have a choice of a mixture of Two Earth Ponies, Four Unicorns, and a Pegasus (as Vari began eating one as soon as the fight ended)...

Any other questions?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next