Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah, maybe you should hold off on introducing him into the IC part of things until he actually makes a post or something. Because really, his character isn't even finished yet and I'd rather not have him slow things down if he's going to vanish again or something.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Ramsus wrote:Yeah, maybe you should hold off on introducing him into the IC part of things until he actually makes a post or something. Because really, his character isn't even finished yet and I'd rather not have him slow things down if he's going to vanish again or something.
I guess that's a good point. I'll still wait a couple of hours, but if he doesn't post, I'll start moving the game forward...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Paper, what? She was asking where to go.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Ramsus wrote:Paper, what? She was asking where to go.
Oh, I thought she was asking if she could go to sleep...

I'll edit my response. Sorry for the mix-up...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 am

Hey paper, can you give me an approximation of the DC on picking these locks? I figured Selena would know about how easily she could do it.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 am

thematthew wrote:Hey paper, can you give me an approximation of the DC on picking these locks? I figured Selena would know about how easily she could do it.
Good of you to ask. The DC is about 25, and it can be either a Mechanics (to pick the locks) or Athletics (to break out of the cuffs). In addition, if anyone enters combat while still hoofcuffed and what not, they will be shackled (save ends). A shackled creature is exhausted (although due to how exhaustion works, you still start with four pips). If the succeed the saving throw, they are no longer chained out of combat as well...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed May 01, 2013 6:50 am

Thank you, I'm going to ruin some guards' days. I'll make my post after work.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm pretty sure thematthew and I are just waiting on our actions until Xel and Retro have posted.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 01, 2013 3:24 pm

And I just ask: what DC's would I have to make to arcana and/or mechanics my way out of my magical horn thingie? I figure Arcana used to figure out how the thing best works to than mechanics my way to break the thing real good or something. Also would try to sleath the event too... But I figure I should ask beforehand to see if this plan is even doable for what we've built up with the pony...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:And I just ask: what DC's would I have to make to arcana and/or mechanics my way out of my magical horn thingie? I figure Arcana used to figure out how the thing best works to than mechanics my way to break the thing real good or something.
25 DC Mechanics, and the DC for the Arcana check depends on how long you prepare for, but as it is a magic dampener, you suffer a penalty equal to half your Arcana check. If you break out of your shackles in combat, you also break out of that as well...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Better question: What prep times are I being offered here? And how long does it seem to be before combat? Personally I figure it'd be better to free myself of the horn-thing before fighting, cause I see basically neverly everything Jill does is magic related be it in or out of combat.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I would imagine we'll only have actual combat if people are unsubtle/fair in any way or form.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Better question: What prep times are I being offered here? And how long does it seem to be before combat? Personally I figure it'd be better to free myself of the horn-thing before fighting, cause I see basically neverly everything Jill does is magic related be it in or out of combat.
Okay, let's see...

Let's say you've been preparing for a minute, so you don't have any bonus to penalty (other than the one previously mentioned) and you're very use to the effects and how it works, so the DC is 25. I don't think you can prepare for longer, as who knows what these criminals are going to do in the next nine minutes (especially considering someone is planning on ruining the guards' days), but if it is quiet for a while, I'll say you've prepared for 10 minutes, and you get a +2 bonus...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, unless Bullion suddenly decides to do something right now before the others of us, I'd say she got that ten minutes.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed May 01, 2013 4:20 pm

I have put Selena as prepared for somepony to make the first actual move.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Assuming that we got ten minutes... Here's what my rolls:

Stealth: 1D20+11 => [ 6 ] +11 = 17
Mechanics: 1D20+11 => [ 8 ] +11 = 19
Arcana: 1D20+20-10+2 => [ 3 ] +20-10+2 = 15... If somebody else doesn't spend a magic point to bump that upto 25 to make the DC, I'll spend my magic point to bump it upto 35 by way of "Book Fort..e"... And I think that'll be a really showy event if I got with my magic point spending.

I'm posting the rolls here for the moment because I just wanta see if anyone will throw me a magic point or seeing what postive effects getting a 35 on my 'break free of horn nerfer' does anything helpful... Or something...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm

The positive effect of rolling a 35 is an awesome display of power which doesn't do anything but look cool...

Consider it a bonus for the fact that you just broke out of your magic dampening headpiece whatever it is...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Guess we're just waiting on Retro to post. I do think that Jill should wait until after Vari makes her move. But, unless Bullion uses telepathy, there's no way to convey that that'd make sense for Jill to know unless she just guessed/was being patient.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm

The way I figure the only way to delay Jill longer would be tlaking to her, but that'd distract her from getting that +2 bonus...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm

I don't think talking is that distracting....
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Ramsus wrote:I don't think talking is that distracting....
Depends on what you're chatting about, but as long as Jill doesn't think too much about it she'll be fine...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I more mean that without anypony talking with her, all her mind is focusing on trying to free herself as quickly and quietly as possible, sure she fails at most of that thanks to bad rolls. And when she talks to people she likes to put all her focus into talking... The idea of talking and freeing herself is a bit something she'd not think up off the top of her head at the moment I'd figure. Bit of a character flaw the more I think about this... She's got a bit of a one-track mind... Part of the many reasons she ended up blowing up a town.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Was on the phone with Matthew and had a thought. With that high roll could Jill not only remove the anti-magic gear from herself but also slap it onto another unicorn?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 02, 2013 6:08 am

Ramsus wrote:Was on the phone with Matthew and had a thought. With that high roll could Jill not only remove the anti-magic gear from herself but also slap it onto another unicorn?
With a 35? Sure, why not...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu May 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Sorry everyone, it logged me out and my email wasn't notifying me of new posts Sad !
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next