Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

+3
XandZero2
Ramsus
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS! - Page 5 Empty Re: LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Ramsus wrote:(I think what he means is "no ponies" though, not entirely sure.)

That can't be right. If not ponies, who would I use? I think he just means "no canon ponies."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS! - Page 5 Empty Re: LEGEND OF THE HOOVED ADVENTURERS!

Post  LoganAura Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Cardbo wrote:

That can't be right. If not ponies, who would I use? I think he just means "no canon ponies."

"Your character CANNOT be a pony!"
They can't be an Earth Pony, Pegasus, or Unicorn.
That means you have to use one of the races that, for example, are from the racial expansion.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

LoganAura wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

"Your character CANNOT be a pony!"
They can't be an Earth Pony, Pegasus, or Unicorn.
That means you have to use one of the races that, for example, are from the racial expansion.

My character is a minotaur. The pony is a retainer, not the character.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 pm

(*shrug* I just say we wait till MW gives further explanation.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm

lyric wrote:((Thanks, Dan.

So 12 + 12 (Mechanics) = 24 for Mechanics.

Also, dragonforcelol))

Omi approaches the buffalo.

"Mind if I help out?"

Omi is assisting Ratchet, so add +2.

OOC: In some of the other OOC games I'm seen, we've typically had a separate OOC thread, just to keep the IC thread from getting cluttered. Might be a good idea to have one here as well.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC: In some of the other OOC games I'm seen, we've typically had a separate OOC thread, just to keep the IC thread from getting cluttered. Might be a good idea to have one here as well.

(Agreed. That's up to MW of course.)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Omi approaches the buffalo.

"Mind if I help out?"

Omi is assisting Ratchet, so add +2.

OOC:Didn't realize I had to roll to assist.

Roll(1d20)+6:
6,+6
Total:12
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 pm

((Keep OOC to the sign up please.... and because I'm lazy you all automatically succeed.))

While the buffalo, the minotaur, and the minotaur's creepy stalker worked on the vehicle under the float, the three pop musician (and one ASTOUNDINGLY SEXY donkey) danced to the music that rang out through the speakers. They were soon joined by a flight of birds who, for no particular reason, all landed on Outcast.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 am

Z-Rock hadn't expected Outcast to start singing in bird song, and he really hadn't expected Balthasar to start break-dancing on the stage - but heck if Outcast wasn't pretty good (unorthodox, but good) and that Donkey was just badass. Bronx might be stealing the spotlight from the Zebra Rock-Star, but Z-Rock had to admit - he was impressed.

"Nice improv, Outcast," he yelled out over the music, "That's thinking fast! And Bronx, I must admit - you're really getting it! Now it's time to let loose the big gun! This should be fun!"

Z-Rock went back to the music, pumping all his heart and soul through his guitar, and as he grinned like a maniac - he heard the unmistakable boom of his Bass Cannon as the special features began kicking in - after all, he hadn't nick-named his Cannon the 'Con Cannon' for nothing. Short for Conflagration Cannon, it was full to bursting with pyrotechnics - rockets, flame projectors, flash-bangs - you name it, this baby had it - all rigged to go off in waves when Z-Rock struck the power cords just right. And as Z-Rock played, Outcast sung, and the pop-ponies (and Bronx) danced, secret compartments slid open all along the Con Cannon, and rockets shot into the sky as flames rose up the Heavens.

This crowd was getting a show it wouldn't soon forget.

(Thought this would be a good time to show everyone what Z-Rock's Bass Cannon can do. In game, it's just part of his performance, but in combat, it's how I explain a ton of Z-Rock's moves.)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

"Why thank you fine fellow." He laughed in good cheer.
Then he turned to the crowd and, without one hint of fear
He put words to the song, lyrics he spun
To the music so loud from the strangely-striped one

"Ridin' through Manehatten
Annual parade
The mayor's smooth as satin
So here's our serenade
We're makin' friends
Settin' trends
Makin' ends meet
And amends
Don't be sad
Don't be fake
And I tell you folks
You'll make a few mistakes

Cause the hard work never stops
If you wanna keep a friend
Yeah the hard work never stops
If you don't want it to end
You think it's easy being BFFs?
I'm afraid you're either dumb or deaf
Yeah the hard work never stops
If you wanna keep a friend!"
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Omi turns to the buffalo next to him. "You know those guys? BTW, my name is Omi, and this is Myra. He nods to the purple unicorn next to him.

"Nice to meet you. says Myra

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lyric Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Ratchet was working steadily on her end, examining parts and trying to ascertain what was damaged. It wasn't difficult to pinpoint the location of the malfunction, as the thing was spewing black fumes like a chain-smoker. The problem was figuring out why it was broken. It wasn't long at all before more noise started screeching from above her, and the buffalo had to find some nearby grass to stuff in her ears so that she could concentrate on her newest task.

Before she could get very far, she noticed a large form out of her peripheral. A minotaur had appeared next to her, said something that she couldn't hear with the stuffing in her ears, and began taking a look at the mechanics herself. Her initial reaction was one of irritation, as she felt that a minotaur couldn't possibly know anything about mechanics and would be more of a hindrance than a help. However, she quickly remembered what it felt like to be told that she couldn't work with machines, and her expression softened. Surely she could tolerate the creature, and she was skilled enough that even if he messed up something, she could surely fix it.

Besides, maybe he could even help.

So, she grunted and continued working, and he did in fact prove to be a bit useful. There seemed to be chaos going on all around her, but in Ratchet's newly silent world, she was able to work her figurative magic on the machine. Before too long, it was repaired and ready for whatever action it was meant to perform.

She glanced over at the minotaur to thank him, and realized that he was already talking to her. "Urgh," she said, shaking her head until the grass earplugs made their way loose. "Omi and Myra?" she said, having managed to hear the end of his introduction. "Hello dear," she directed to the little pony. The noise was overwhelming her again. "Why on earth does it have to be so loud? Doesn't anypony need concentration? Where is the man with the payment..." The last bit she grumbled mostly to herself, though it was probably audible to Omi.

"Anyway, thank you," she said, turning again to the minotaur. "You were certainly helpful. Now if only we could get these raving fools to stop being so disruptive..."

((I guess Ratchet is a little grumpy... I like to imagine that she's slightly past middle-aged. Wink ))
lyric
lyric
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 am

While the Buffalo finished her work, Z-Rock stepped up alongside Balthasar for another chorus of,

"Yeah, the hard work never stops
If you wanna keep a friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiend!
"

He liked this song. It was based on a tune he recognized.

Now he just wished he'd remembered to bring his bagpipes along...

(Ah, so Ratchet's over the hill, ay? That helps me to better picture her now.)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:54 am

Okay, animosity gone - they were a fine team indeed.

"Yeah the hard work never stops if you wanna keep a friiiiiiiiend!"
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:20 am

Railsong and Sapphire Shores joined in for the big finale.

"But it's worth it for the song.... FRIENDS! TO! THE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!"

The two of them lifted up the donkey and zebra, and thanks to a PMd critical the birds flew off like a living explosion of confetti. The crowd went WILD, screaming their affections and their love for the musicains; quite a few of them threw roses and bits and there were even a few articles of lingerie.

Railsong recovered first. "Fillies and gentlecolts, that was Z-rock and... Badass, helping us help you enjoy the day. It looks like a group of engineers has fixed our float, so with that we'll be moving on, but remember: You all rock."

Sapphire slipped a note into Z-rock's hooves and winked at the float offical. After a moment, the official turned to the buffalo and minotaur. "Miss Shores, I think, wants to invite you somwhere tonight. Why don't you stay and talk to the zebra?"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am

Omi strokes his chin and thinks to himself. "Maybe if I stick around and be sociable, the masters will let me train again.'

He goes over to where the pony, donkey and zebra are. "That was a magnificent performance. I'm Omi, by the way, and this is Myra.

The purple unicorn in the mariachi hat says "Hi! I loved the performance!, giving a little bounce as she says that.

"I heard Miss Shores wants to invite us somewhere later?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lyric Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 am

"'Talk to the zebra,' he says. 'You'll have a good time with Miss Shores,' he says. Hrmph. I'm only going to do this for my bits," Ratchet muttered to herself, following along after the friendly minotaur. "Anyone who makes that much noise on purpose can only be trouble... or a headache."

The buffalo reached the area where the performers were now resting. She let the minotaur take the lead, as he seemed to be much better with social interaction than she. Ratchet wasn't much for talking, but she was a very good listener, and she figured that spending an evening with a pop sensation could in no way hurt her, and in fact might prove to be useful in terms of knowledge and rumour. The ol' gal stared dully at the zebra, pony, and donkey while Omi spoke of their performance and the invitation to stay and be thanked personally by Sapphire Shores. The three of them looked very happy, she had to admit. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a waste of time.

But once she got her bits, she was gone like Zap Apples.

((Don't worry, Ratchet'll warm up, even if I have to make her. Mad ))
lyric
lyric
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Z-Rock was positively shining with excitement (and sweat). He hadn't even had a chance to think about the note yet - He was too busy living the moment. All those ponies, cheering for him - he meant them! This was a dream come true.

Z-Rock finally slung his guitar back over his shoulder and realized somepony was talking to him - two someponies actually, a manly Minotaur and a western filly. Omi and Myra. Z-Rock was already grinning, but he took off his shades, laughed, and bowed to the pair.

"Yo O an' Co! How's it go? Glad you liked the show! My companions and I, we did it on the fly - but I got to say, it turned out A-okay."

Speaking of companions, where were Balthasar and Outcast? After that performance, Z-Rock had to convince them to join his band - the one he hadn't started yet. They could call themselves the White Stripes, or the Black Stripes, or the Black and White Stripes. Any way you stripe it, the crowd would like it!

Then Z-Rock realized he had a note in his hand.

"Oh my, what is this? Here all along, how'd I miss?"

(MW: I hope you know that I have no idea what is on that note. An invitation to something, I suppose - just not sure about the details.)
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:30 pm

((MW, you kinda failed to put focus on an important part of that critical. Which was Outcast sneaking off-stage without disturbing the birds or anyone noticing.))

From behind Ratchet, Outcast spoke, "Oh, he's not so bad. I think. Aside from just dragging anypony he likes into things..... Ok, maybe you were a little right." Outcast gave a pause and then extended a hoof, "Greetings, I'm Outcast. I noticed you two fixing the stage. You seemed quite skilled."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 pm

"Well, I'm always up for a fine conversation." Balthazar chortled.

"I'll happily follow the crowd."
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 pm

The soon to be heroes all gathered around as Z-rock read the note.

Meet me at my place, sugar! Bring your friends and the mechanics. Sapphire

There was an address written on it. But more importatnly, there was a time as well... a time that potentially conflicted with the reservation at the Orangefire Diner.

((And before we go any further, let's just give everypony 150 Harmony points each.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  lyric Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Ratchet jumped as a voice sounded behind her. She turned tail to come face-to-face with the sweetly-singing pony from the stage. The one with the birds.

Filthy creatures.

She blinked a bit before realizing that the introduction was addressed towards her. "Outcast, eh," she asked, accepting what surely must have been an awkward hoof-shake. "I call myself Ratchet, and I appreciate others doing the same," she said in a mildly hoarse voice. The zebra was still rhyming loudly and she was having difficulty focusing on the pony before her.

"Oh, thank you dear," she said at the compliment, waving it away with her hoof. The float had been a simple fix, and she was far more interested in the reward. "Now listen, striped little colt, what is on that curious note? Are we to dine with Sapphire Shores, or can I return to my home and chores?" She meant to be slightly mocking with her rhyming, but her intentions were generally light-hearted. Mostly she just wanted to move things along before she fell asleep on all four hooves.

"Now really, an old lady can't wait all day now. You folks are young and spry, but I'm past the athletic prime of my life. I just want to be paid for my work."
lyric
lyric
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:34 pm

"Nice to meet you Ratchet." said Outcast and along with her turned her head to Z-rock and asked, "We're getting paid!? Well that certainly makes being dragged into that a bit-" *hiccup* Cutting herself off, she accidentally shape-shifted into Ratchet's form. And with a second hiccup she lost all her color and details, leaving Outcast a generic buffalo shape all in black and white. "....better." Outcast sighed heavily. And things had been going so well. She supposed if the new people they'd met decided to stick around they would have found out eventually anyway.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 pm

(Whoot! Harmony! And darn - choices! I know what Z-Rock's choice would be)

Ramsus wrote:
"Oh, he's not so bad. I think. Aside from just dragging anypony he likes into things..... Ok, maybe you were a little right."

Z-Rock heard the dis', it was hard to miss - but he was okay with it. He knew he'd dragged Outcast out of her comfort zone, but he'd been right - it hadn't been anything she couldn't handle, and she was already making new friends because of it. That buffalo for example. He hadn't noticed her at first in all the commotion, but she seemed to be gifted with a pretty sharp tongue, and she could lay down some mean rhymes too.

After reading Sapphire's note, Z-Rock was contemplating what they should do when he heard the buffalo say something about money. Z-Rock scratched his head and looked towards her.

"Don't know about any pay - I just thought we got to play," Z-Rock shrugged, "but either way, I think I should say, greetings to you, Ms. Ratchet, on this mighty fine day." Z-Rock bowed to the buffalo - then looked up in time to notice the generic zebra-striped, buffalo shaped blob standing where Outcast had been only moments before.

"Woah, woah, woah! Where'd Outcast go?"

Z-Rock inched up beside the buffalo blob to get a closer look.

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Outcast sighed. "You forgot to actually introduce yourself in your introduction you know?" She turned to Ratchet and said, "This is Z-rock." as she shapechanged into his form. She then turned back to face him "Sorry, I guess in all the excitement I forgot that you hadn't seen me change yet. I hope this doesn't change your opinion of me." she said, a worried tone in her voice. Then she resumed her "normal" form.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next