Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

+10
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Whiteeyes
Zarhon
Curunir
Dusk Raven
Z2
Quietkal
14 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 15 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Quietkal Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 pm

It's not specifically "Specials" that trigger it, and even if it was you just dealt 121 damage in a single shot. Can't exactly react to something that kills it.
Post coming soon.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates) - Page 15 Empty Re: An Abominable Antagonist (Accepting Advocates)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:51 pm

But it DOES trigger off of specials... And if it's an innterupt it can still trigger... But yeah... I totally feel that this weapon is so OP...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:But it DOES trigger off of specials... And if it's an innterupt it can still trigger... But yeah... I totally feel that this weapon is so OP...
I disagree. Its not SPECIALS specifically. My specials and your specials don't trigger anything. However, reading through fight identifies what he DOES trigger against. Which there is 2 things.

1. Having a status effect applied to him. Reply: Reflects it.
2. Having a non-standard action attack deal damage to him. Reply: Fire Wave.

So. We need to be more careful with status effects, and only attack it with standard attacks.

... Do people HAVE to use crits and things like Crushing Blow?

And BTW, I'm going to have my character state these things when the stun fades.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm

... Wait just one minute...

Reading back, I noticed when I first stunned the skeleton, my Master's Defense activated, through it failed. Doesn't it activate for the second stun-reflection as well? Its a talent that targets me.

If so, don't bother rolling. I did, got a 12. Check the Abominable Antagonist room log on rolz to see.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... Do people HAVE to use crits and things like Crushing Blow?

It was confirmed through the Ask a Simple Question thread that if a talent/trait/special doesn't have some form of may/choose to/can then the activation is required.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Crits don't have to be used, though, I believe it stats that in the handbook.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:16 pm

That is true... But at this point, it's just one point of damage... So it's not got much point to change it now.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:18 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:... Do people HAVE to use crits and things like Crushing Blow?

It was confirmed through the Ask a Simple Question thread that if a talent/trait/special doesn't have some form of may/choose to/can then the activation is required.

So... if they have a crit & crushing blow, they have to do it? Damn...

Dusk Raven wrote:Crits don't have to be used, though, I believe it stats that in the handbook.

That a relief. We'll be able to use non-damage crits and refrain from using the damage crits

Still, crushing blow will have to be used... which will be annoying.

I can't believe I didn't think about this or realize it earlier. Hopefully now, it'll reduce what the skeleton can do to us.

Xel Unknown wrote:That is true... But at this point, it's just one point of damage... So it's not got much point to change it now.

Its not just 1 point of damage Xel. Its also 3 specials. Resist 5 to you, enemy unable to attack 2 other ponies, and another person taking half damage.

Who is taking half damage currently? I know I am one... who are the others?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:24 pm

>posted. That's a milestone, guys.
My dice say that Xel can go back and change that to a 20 if he's so inclined.
[edit] @Fury, yes I did initially forget to roll. However, I went back and rolled (you got a 5), and saw no reason to raise the issue and say "hey, I forgot to do your thing, but nothing happened anyways. :^I"
Additionally, I'll rule that you can choose not to use Crushing Blow, given that it's a Reaction and not "Whenever you trigger your special..."

Current Half-damage and Untargetable:
Storm Blade, Deadeye, and Homing Pigeon have half-damage.
Conjurations other than Homing Pigeon can't be targeted until the end of their next turn.
Zero One cannot be targeted while Guard-Medic (Zero One) persists.
The Joy and Sunny Zoo cannot be targeted until the end of Storm Blade's next turn.

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:26 pm

You didn't answer my question about Master's defense is response to that second stun reflect.

Uh-oh... I fear that after the laser, the game's going to change. Significantly.

Quietkal wrote:Current Half-damage and Untargetable:
Conjurations other than Homing Pigeon can't be targeted until the end of their next turn.

And Sunny Zoo and The Joy can't be attacked due to my 10 crit.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Wait, when did I get half damage? I hadn't been taking that into effect with my previous damage. Then again, since it's applied before vulnerability, it wouldn't have mattered.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:And Sunny Zoo and The Joy can't be attacked due to my 10 crit.
Ah! I noticed that second part of your post, but that it was weird you didn't have anything about what the crit was doing in the spoiler. In that case Sunny and The Joy did not take the 12 damage from those flame waves.

And edited in a response in my last post. In case you don't want to look back: I did forget, I remembered and rolled after we moved a little more, you failed, saw no reason to raise the issue.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Wait, when did I get half damage? I hadn't been taking that into effect with my previous damage. Then again, since it's applied before vulnerability, it wouldn't have mattered.
I've already been applying the half-damage when I state it. That's why you've been having 2's instead of 3's and 4's.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Quietkal wrote:[edit] @Fury, yes I did initially forget to roll. However, I went back and rolled (you got a 5), and saw no reason to raise the issue and say "hey, I forgot to do your thing, but nothing happened anyways. :^I".

Quietkal wrote:And edited in a response in my last post. In case you don't want to look back: I did forget, I remembered and rolled after we moved a little more, you failed, saw no reason to raise the issue.

... Yeah... I'm not happy with this. At all.

You should tell me these things. As I didn't see or know about this. I made a roll, and I say it should take presedance over yours. It is my character, and I actually announced it.

Quietkal wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:And Sunny Zoo and The Joy can't be attacked due to my 10 crit.
Ah! I noticed that second part of your post, but that it was weird you didn't have anything about what the crit was doing in the spoiler. In that case Sunny and The Joy did not take the 12 damage from those flame waves.

My bad, I thought the flavour would make it obvious.

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Maybe I should have just gone instead. Come back, and suddenly a whole bunch of more confusion has happened. Good thing I'm just using gather energy this turn- assuming whatever happened hasn't killed me.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Quietkal wrote:>posted. That's a milestone, guys.
My dice say that Xel can go back and change that to a 20 if he's so inclined.
[edit] @Fury, yes I did initially forget to roll. However, I went back and rolled (you got a 5), and saw no reason to raise the issue and say "hey, I forgot to do your thing, but nothing happened anyways. :^I"
Additionally, I'll rule that you can choose not to use Crushing Blow, given that it's a Reaction and not "Whenever you trigger your special..."

Current Half-damage and Untargetable:
The Joy and Sunny Zoo cannot be targeted until the end of Storm Blade's next turn.
Ok then I'll take the crit, and this time. I'll give Nurse Deadheart the half-damage... After all, the medic of the party should be given the most power to keep us alive... If well... Super-doom attacks are coming we might need the heals.

Teh two that can't be attacked from my supercrit: Phoenix & Nurse Deadheart, mostly for the same reasons and becuase Phoenix is doing a charge up move for the moment. So yeah...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 am

Good descions there Xel.

Half the party is now taking half damage.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:29 pm

No Fury, you still got a 5. I did also forget about Displacer Armor however, but flipped for it in the rolz group. It also failed.
I'm sorry; I know being stunned is lame and you're not having fun in this fight, but sometimes the dice just fall that way.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Quietkal wrote:No Fury, you still got a 5. I did also forget about Displacer Armor however, but flipped for it in the rolz group. It also failed.
I'm sorry; I know being stunned is lame and you're not having fun in this fight, but sometimes the dice just fall that way.

From now on. I'm doing it. I can obviously not trust you enough to remember, or even tell me about your mistakes unless I bring it up. So, I will do it. And I'm taking the roll I've already done as my next one.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Quietkal wrote:No Fury, you still got a 5. I did also forget about Displacer Armor however, but flipped for it in the rolz group. It also failed.

From now on. I'm doing it. I can obviously not trust you enough to remember, or even tell me about your mistakes unless I bring it up. So, I will do it. And I'm taking the roll I've already done as my next one.
Fair enough, though I don't allow stored rolls. You'll need to roll the next time it triggers.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Quietkal wrote:Fair enough, though I don't allow stored rolls. You'll need to roll the next time it triggers.

No. I will use the roll I made because you didn't have the decency to tell me the roll was made.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 pm

...So... I've started coming up with ideas for another character, a mix of tank and plaguemaster. I'm not quite finished with it yet, however, and would like some input: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwxxdvzj03KD8RolA29wtAHrCCR5whXR6B8qJpAsvEk/edit?usp=sharing
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't feel like arguing this, so I'll allow it with you knowing that I don't do stored rolls for future reference.
Curunir / Sunny Zoo's action.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Er so are we going to wait for Cur to get back or should someone else take Sunny over until he returns...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:04 pm

That sounds like a good idea to me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next