Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 7 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:You know that  while this group of bogs do not have any Voodoo presence there are a wide variety of plants and animals living inside them  such as carnivorous Walking Plants, Acidic Giant Bog Turtles, and Pony Eating Slugs. Also certain pools of water can be extremely poisonous or acidic.
That's bad. Did you secretly roll a nat1 for me? tongue

I don't think we'll want to use the bog for a return trip in any case, since the slaves will be endangered (if not put themselves in danger outright).

tygerburningbright wrote: Additionally this area contains large amounts of fuel grade peat and preserved Iron Wood.
Neat, Torque can get ship-upgrade materials from the bog, and Boomer can probably make something explosive (gas/fuel bomb). Very Happy

BTW, Tyger, you didn't answer how much of a shortcut the bog is, time-wise (unless it's unknowable).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 7 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Hm, I think Shallow's weather-crafting might be useful here. Assuming he can create a lightning cloud or specialized thunderstorm, one that only produces thunderclaps and lightning (without the rain and strong winds) it would be an excellent repellant against any beasts (since they probably run for shelter out of fear or survival instinct, if they hear/sense a thunderstorm). This would of course be pretty noisy and might be heard by the Mansion ponies, but they probably won't raise any alarms for it (since it came from the bog, which is probably weird enough for them to assume such stuff as common).

Alternately, he could try using weather-crafting to bring warm sunlight directly into the bog, which could "dry up" the sections of the bog we're passing through (turning it from sticky, sinking mud to semi-hard clay), as well as illuminate it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Zarhon wrote:( OOC: Cloth conjured up with Magical Tricks, offering them to everypony if they want. How much am I penalized for scent tracking with the cloth on, if I am? Are the bear/wolves fighting each other, or are they fighting something I can't identify? Which of them are losing badly? Do we roll again to continue, or...? )

Ok and lower the bonus by 3. they are fighting something you can't identify and both are losing. Make another roll.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Is the slot still open? Cause I love One Piece.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Yup. What kind of character do you have in mind? You have a wide set of options via "devil-fruit powers" (check up on those with Tyger), unless you're going for something a bit more "regular".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Well I've got three basic ideas in mind, a paramechia, a zoan, and something normal...ish.

1) Chain Chain Fruit + Pegasus - The ability to produce chains of various lengths and thicknesses as weapons, equipment, armor, restraints, etc.

2) Mut Mut Fruit Model: TimberWolf+ Earth Pony - It was noted that carnivore type zoans are naturally more aggressive, and it might be neat playing a pony turned carni/omnivore.

3) Swordsman Earthpony: Seriously, what crews complete without a swordsman? Also a great time for mouth swords!

Edit: Aparently cannon fruits were banned...I couldn't find the character creation rules. Edited with new fruits.

Kinda curious which ones the crew wants, since I'm having trouble deciding among them.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Mut Mut sounds interesting. Swords-pony as well.

Less enthusiastic about the chains DF, since Shallow already features "chains" and "restraining" as stuff he does.

Also, another thing we're kinda missing: An actual cook (unless Shallow counts via Voodoo and his gardening, I suppose).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 am

Also Boomer does do magical Party Bombs... To feed us... But despite it's power of the magical +1 bonus every day... It'll get boring if taken too much.

So I'd suggest maybe a Swordsman Cook Earth Pony... That'd work for what we're missing.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 am

If you want a cook, I could quit frankly make any of them a cook.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 am

I do say that we should totally have a swordsman in the crew... No need to be a cook, just was a suggestion. Personally I love the idea of an earth pony swordsman on the team. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 am

Hey, reading through the story to catch up...what's Everypony's bounties right now out of curiosity? Cause I might end up giving my guy/gal (with tyger's permission) a comparably sized bounty.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:27 am

I don't have one - but then again I just joined the group and am acting as a double-double-agent, so I may not actually be getting one anytime soon. Razz

I'll let the others speak for themselves.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 am

Okay, and you opinion on which one I should do?
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 am

Well, some of us indeed don't have bounties yet (62, Tortoise, though I might be wrong about Tortoise), but the rest earned/started with between 10-15million (Shallow's highest at the moment, because of reasons). It's a bit of a "merits/notoriety achieved" thing, really. Depends on what Tyger seems appropriate for you to start with, and your own backstory, I guess.

As far as the timberwolf DF goes, you'd be the second animal-DF in the group (Tortoise is one, with a focus on nigh-indestructibility via turtle powers), though the concept of a Timberwolf could still be interesting. It might employ the ability to fall-apart-then-reassemble as timberwolves do. Alternately, it might simply allow you to turn "wooden", and make your body detachable/malleable as individual pieces of wood (e.g. you can pretend to be an inanimate wooden object like a barrel). You might even be able to "float" on water, depending on whether a DF-affected piece of wood would sink like a rock or stay afloat on the surface via natural buoyancy. Or simply have you turn into a vicious wolf made of wood, and communicate with kindred wood-based flora and fauna (timberwolves, ents, trees, wooden objects that "ate" a DF...)?

As far as the swords-pony goes, it really depends on his/her personality and mannerisms, or unique things about their swordplay (e.g. weapon choice / focus) and skills. Is there anything that distinguishes the swords-pony from essentially being a ponified Roronoa Zoro (swords-in-mouth are cool, of course, but one can do much better than just that)? Perhaps a devil fruit power, that supplements its swordplay? Or an alternate profession that works on their personality and/or swordplay (cook is ok, though almost any profession works as well. The amount of "investment" in that skill also influences things)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 am

No worries, why would I play Zoro? He's not actually that interesting. I have One Piece appropriate wacky back stories and personalities in mind for all three of them. Currently the vote stands:
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 am

Whiteeyes wrote:No worries, why would I play Zoro? He's not actually that interesting. I have One Piece appropriate wacky back stories and personalities in mind for all three of them. Currently the vote stands:
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
In fact, I'd totally say you should mix option B and C... That could be really cool. Also another random suggestion is being our Musical Pony of music... And a swordsman like Brook is in the Anime.

Like doing music helps to sooth the inner beast... Or something silly like that. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Someone with ponykinesis should pull those wood logs closer. We might be able to make a raft of sorts, or pile up the materials for later.

Could you clarify "plants moving around" - Do we see the plants actually moving/walking about, or do you mean more like "nearby bush is shaking from something moving around in it".

How acidic is the pool, exactly (would it eat through flesh)?

Could you detail the bridge's construction? Is there any specific segment of the bridge that could be reinforced or repaired/replaced (possibly with ironwood that is present), that would allow for safe passage over it?

Would Shallow be capable of using his digging Devil Fruit (or just his shoveling skills) to "fill in" parts of the pool with mud, and make an earthen pathway? Or can he use the surrounding mud as a material to temporarily reinforce the bridge (or to keep it from breaking)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Zarhon wrote:

Could you clarify "plants moving around" - Do we see the plants actually moving/walking about, or do you mean more like "nearby bush is shaking from something moving around in it".

How acidic is the pool, exactly (would it eat through flesh)?

Could you detail the bridge's construction? Is there any specific segment of the bridge that could be reinforced or repaired/replaced (possibly with ironwood that is present), that would allow for safe passage over it?

Would Shallow be capable of using his digging Devil Fruit (or just his shoveling skills) to "fill in" parts of the pool with mud, and make an earthen pathway? Or can he use the surrounding mud as a material to temporarily reinforce the bridge (or to keep it from breaking)?

Both

Very acidic similar to Hydrochloric acid

The "Bridge" consists of most of the supporting arches to a deck-arch bridge the walkway has long since fallen away.

You would be able to quickly and easily do the second and could do the first but that carries the risk of digging to deep and hitting water.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 am

Since it seems like nobunny else is going to vote, it looks like swords it is! Now to write her up...
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:14 am

Yes! Females are good for the gender ratio!
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Gental Sea is basically done mechanics wise, unless there are any special character creation rules that are not listed in this thread...

Anyway, need to clear a couple of background ideas with tyger, and no not all of them will be visible on the sheet.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:Gental Sea is basically done mechanics wise, unless there are any special character creation rules that are not listed in this thread...

Anyway, need to clear a couple of background ideas with tyger, and no not all of them will be visible on the sheet.
Um... Access Denied...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh for bucks sake, stop doing this to be G.Drive! *pow pow pow pow* There, that should fix it.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 pm

It's at default to be privet...

But now that I've seen the character... Mechanically looks sound. Interesting to see your cutie-mark on a 5 stat... But overall a cool character idea that I totally do think could work. Can't wait to read his backstory. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Another "kindness" element? Wouldn't "honesty" fit better, either through intimidation-via-swords, or by too-delicious-to-resist-food-bribery? Very Happy

Is the "sewing" Freaky Knowledge, or the "cooking" FK, directly related to her combat/swords skills? Cause apart from those two (probably), there isn't much that seems to define her Swords-Pony skills (for instance, stuff like Sunderblade). 

Oh, and I believe we're at lvl 2 at the moment, so you can add more stuff to that sheet.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next