Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 16 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Well I've finally gotten around to taking a look and well I will accept you if Whiteeyes disappears by the time he is to be introduced. (7 is too much for me...)

Also is anyone going to make a roll for those repairs?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 16 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Repairs? I thought it just got scuttled a bit. Or do you mean the cannon hit it got in the meantime? Is that mechanics, athletics (hard labor)? DC? Didn't realize it was significant enough.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm

I assume our Captain/Changeling crew-members are aboard?
yes
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Does everyone want to move to the new stuff?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm okay if the others are, I guess? It would technically be a buff in points count (free expert/CMC skill), but it would get nerfed in per-talent aspects (e.g. scent tracker Neutral )...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:22 pm

I say we just wait a bit first... Not totally big on rebuilding the talents in a complex system. I'd say give it a week or something... It feels to me like the whole thing is missing some stuff.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Problems with your idea Cur:
1) They probably miles away already, since we had to repair our ship.
2) They have cannons. They already damaged us with those, by accident. Unless the Ironwood is great stuff, we probably can't compete in that regard.
3) They can probably board us if we go anywhere near them (or even from huge range, depending on what their DF user(s) are, which we probably want to avoid.
4) Half of us can't swim.

I do like the idea of making the weather terrible for them, though. Any chance of me giving dead winds, storms, or wrong-direction winds to hinder our rivals journey, whilst simultaneously boosting our own?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:54 pm

true true, good points!  I wasn't sure if most of their crew was still on shore, and hadn't thought about them leaving while you were making repairs.

It was just an idea - that's why I suggested it and didn't just do it.  And Tortoise certainly doesn't always have good ideas.

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:21 pm

NEW MAP!

Well, looks like my flaw is turning into an actual flaw for a change.

Also just realized something: assuming Boomer uses his "Instant Party" every day of our 8-day trip, how much of our supplies did we save, food/water wise? Could we use just that to effectively sail without supplies?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:40 am

Hey ho, tyger, I sent you a PM but never got a response to it; I was waiting on said response to post something.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am

The system is saying that I sent it... Was your inbox full at any point?

Net saving of about 2 days worth of food. Well you can try to go about on only one meal a day but that may have a few drawbacks.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 pm

It might have been. I don't know what happened.

Anywho, the marines wanted me (Sixty-Two) to lead you guys into a trap in those mountains, but I'd forgotten whether that was true and PMed tiger about it. Now that I've received confirmation, I hope maybe I can tell you guys retroactively on the way over there so we're prepared???
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 am

Okay, before I proceed, I think I need to know a bit about how ghosts operate.

How far can the ghost go in harming me / physically interacting (or vice-versa) as an incorporeal entity? Can it damage the ship?

Is combat about to happen / required to "deal with" a ghost, or do I need to perform a ritual / ghost-related task?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 am

I also have a question-  Is Shallow the only one who can see/hear/percieve the spirits?  Or does it just look like he's talking to himself?
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:57 pm

It has been established that other ponies can see the spirits that Shallow gets "haunted" by. The last ghost was visible to our crew and was able to give his last goodbyes to his friends before passing on.

As to whether they are capable of harming us, I don't know. But something tells me that attempting to fight this guy would end up like this.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah I'm not really sure how to proceed, other than by using up Kindness early (temporary solution), getting on shore and finding it alternate forms of entertainment (can we disembark before it proceeds with playtime?), or persuasion.

Ultimately the biggest problem here is, unless Tusken it's a complete bastard of a NPC that has it coming to him (possibly the reason why it's dead), I don't want to be actively malicious to it (it's dead and rather dumb, it has it rough), or lead it to be malicious to others (that's just being immoral).

That and avoiding getting crushed. Need some info on how ghosts interact, or what Shallow "knows" of ghosts (rolls needed?), particularly for this crazy One Piece setting.

Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm all ears. Razz

In meantime I'll try to see what Tusken is like to get an idea of who I'm working/stuck with.

Also, Instant Party please - I'll be needing the +1 bonus.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Lyntermas wrote:As to whether they are capable of harming us, I don't know. But something tells me that attempting to fight this guy would end up like this.
Hey, I know this film. I saw the second half of it on TV, and I remembered bits and pieces of it but could never remember its name. Thanks...

(As you were...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Zarhon wrote:Okay, before I proceed, I think I need to know a bit about how ghosts operate.

How far can the ghost go in harming me / physically interacting (or vice-versa) as an incorporeal entity? Can it damage the ship?

Is combat about to happen / required to "deal with" a ghost, or do I need to perform a ritual / ghost-related task?
Very little direct harm the worse it could do would be about strong enough to stagger you maybe knock you down. (this is only due to the naturally large strength of a giant) Dents at the worse unless there is already damage.

Rituals might work but they might have a draw back. (or just be hard to do).

Zarhon wrote:
That and avoiding getting crushed. Need some info on how ghosts interact, or what Shallow "knows" of ghosts (rolls needed?), particularly for this crazy One Piece setting.
History or Arcana.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh! That's rather mild. I can work with it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Has Sixty-Two ever Read a map of the upcoming island?
Unless you make a roll for it (wouldn't be that high...) I am going to say a map that would be enough to get you to the fort but did not actually include the fort layout.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:29 am

Don't forget about your turtle form Cur. Should be useful for the giant.

By the way, since we're on the island now... What's with the new arrival(s) that posed interest in joining the campaign? We gonna try recruiting again?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:37 pm

thank you for reminding me will send out PMs
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:16 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Has Sixty-Two ever Read a map of the upcoming island?
Unless you make a roll for it (wouldn't be that high...) I am going to say a map that would be enough to get you to the fort but did not actually include the fort layout.
I'll make the roll here now that I'm back.

History: Natural 1.

...well, this is awkward.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:32 am

Zarhon wrote:For a recap, we are currently a group of:

Torque, a "mad-science-mechanics" unicorn.
Boomer, a bomb-obsessed, part mechanical unicorn.
Shallow Vibe, a Zebra Voodoo gravedigger (haunted on occasion) with Dig-Dig Devil Fruit powers.
Tortoise, who's a Earth Pony with Tortoise-Zoan Devil Fruit powers.
62, a unicorn with a Book of Magic and Read-Read Devil Fruit powers.
Gentle Sea, an earth pony cook / swordspony (has yet to join group / be revealed).

We had two other members (a changeling and our captain, another devil fruit), but they left, and are in RPG limbo at the moment.

What do you have in mind to make for our jolly crew?
Tyger asked me if I could make a character that might fit better with the party than the one I offered (as I said before, linked in signature), and it would be difficult for me to make a new character without knowing what elements are already had by players.

?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:11 am

I'm the "Laughter Player" (old Laughter)

And really overall it's not an issue what you take in my opinion. Hell you could take the new Laughter and I bet you'd work fine.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next