Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep?

+13
the greater aerie
Philadelphus
ArkenBrony
Zarhon
Brony 7 of 9
Pingcode
LoganAura
Oblivious
Azureink
Doc pseudopolis
Paper Shadow
Xel Unknown
Newbiespud
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep?

Post  the greater aerie Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Uh, I'd also be more then willing to assist, although it seems like you have more then enough people at this point in time. Never the less if you need me either way my email is the-anvil-of-doom@live.ca... or becuase it's abit well unwieldly my skype is the same as my user name (the greater aerie)
then again it would likely be wiser (wis 13+?) to choose a vet over me, while I have played 3.5e-4e, the old bioware games (and a tiny part of first edition i mean, really tiny not even 3 hours) i suppose i'm a bit green in these matters having only and on of 5 years of playing and Dming.

the greater aerie
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep? - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep?

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 pm

I'd be happy to do commentary. I've wanted to contribute to a let's play for a while now. However, looks like I'm a bit late to the party. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Well, Newbiespud hasn't really started yet. He is still putting his plans together.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:22 pm

In my ideal scenario, I have a steady rotation of guest commentators. So, hopefully, I'll get to use most if not all of you eventually.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud
Friendship is Dragons Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Sounds neat.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 pm

A LET'S PLAY. A CHANCE TO LEAVE MY MARK.

...I'll just add my name to the list here, although mostly as an aspiring Let's Player and voice actor... with D&D experience, of course.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Onyxjew Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 pm

I'd love to help in whatever way I can, it sounds like a fun project.

I'm inexperienced with actually playing D&D, but I'm well acquainted with the rulebooks and would love to play it if given the chance. The group I used to play with, about two sessions total, ended up disbanded on account of the only person with experience leaving for college.

As for scheduling... unless everyone lives in a timezone in the perfect area for when I sleep we should be fine.

I've also played Borderlands extensively, but I haven't downloaded any of the DLC. I don't do aftermarket transactions, they just usually aren't worth it in my opinion.
Onyxjew
Onyxjew
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 am

Looks like we got a lot of people interested in helping out. I think it would be awesome to have like 2-3 commentators besides Newbiespud doing a roundtable type of deal for each video. With people rotating in and out as needed.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cainx13 Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:34 am

aye, be likely willing to pitch in to commentate, if you need it.
Cainx13
Cainx13
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Sometime later this week, probably Friday, the introductory Video 0 of the Let's Play will be going up. It'll basically explain everything a new viewer needs to know about both Borderlands and D&D. (The second part isn't necessary for any of you guys here, but not everyone really gets D&D.) From that point on, we'll be off to the races. I hope to be making a new video every week, with one or two guest commentators each week if they're available. I can schedule around just about anybody who's available, and the recording sessions would take place anywhere between Sunday and Wednesday of a given week, giving me at least Thursday to edit it all, with the video coming out on Friday.

After the video goes up (starting this week), I'm going to need to get in contact with the guests for next week and work out a time for recording. It's all post-commentary, but we'll probably need to each set aside at least an hour for multiple passes, if necessary. It's going to be a bit of a time commitment.

Skype calls are going to be how the commentary gets recorded. I'm putting together a separate Skype group for the people who want to do guest commentary. Send me a message on there and let me know if you want in on it.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud

Back to top Go down

Post  Onyxjew Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Just a few quick questions as I think I missed something.

What would be the name of that Skype Group? Or do we just add you on Skype and do conference calls from there?
Onyxjew
Onyxjew
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 am

Onyxjew wrote:Just a few quick questions as I think I missed something.

What would be the name of that Skype Group? Or do we just add you on Skype and do conference calls from there?
We have a Skype room already set up, we can add you if you contact us on Skype.

Newbiespud:

newbiespud

or me:

phillip.javitz
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Onyxjew Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am

Azureink wrote:
Onyxjew wrote:Just a few quick questions as I think I missed something.

We have a Skype room already set up, we can add you if you contact us on Skype.

Newbiespud:

newbiespud

or me:

phillip.javitz
Thanks, both requests sent.
Onyxjew
Onyxjew
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Contact requests sent over.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 pm

A bunch of real life stuff has come up recently, bringing me to believe I'm moving way too fast on this project.

So the Let's Play - or at least the introduction to it - won't be starting this week. That'll be next Friday. But in the meantime, I'll still check Skype periodically.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud

Back to top Go down

Post  the greater aerie Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 pm

uhhh i sent my requests.

just to make extra certain this should be my profile pic
Newbie Let's Plays: Assault on Dragon Keep? - Page 2 Dwarf_Thane_by_Sputnik127

(http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=dwarf+thane&biw=1280&bih=682&tbm=isch&tbnid=5oL76N0oJIflxM:&imgrefurl=http://sputnik127.deviantart.com/art/Dwarf-Thane-60433537&docid=bm6LFwO1IgTFyM&itg=1&imgurl=http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/204/3/3/Dwarf_Thane_by_Sputnik127.jpg&w=400&h=444&ei=mHfgUZjWPMaqywHfkQE&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:12,s:0,i:113&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=209&tbnw=178&start=0&ndsp=18&tx=106&ty=51)
sorry it's a long url, i was having problems getting the picture itself up the preview didn`t seem to work so for extra paranoid backups i placed this in

the greater aerie
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 am

the greater aerie wrote:uhhh i sent my requests.
What is your Skype name?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  the greater aerie Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Azureink wrote:
the greater aerie wrote:uhhh i sent my requests.
What is your Skype name?

the greater aerie, sorry i should have put that up there that up instead of worrying about the pic

the greater aerie
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next