Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

+3
Doc pseudopolis
conantheghost
Caden2112
7 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, the Campaign. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

Post  Pingcode Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 am

Tilt waves and smiles when she spots Soul. "Morning, sleepyhead!" she grins, opening the grate and stepping inside before securing the lock again. She stares at the lock for a moment before slapping her forehead. "Oh! Damn it all, I forgot to tell you the door password, didn't I? I've got to do the locks in the morning, it's <The door, long divided, must unite: long united, must divide.>* - I know, I know, it's silly, but a girl's got to have her quirks!"

She trots over and takes a seat on the other side of the counter, glancing at the extra bowl and accepting it appreciatively.

"Oh! You shouldn't have! Thanks!" she says, taking a bite of haycon on a fork with a slice of bread before continuing. "Did you get my note? It's Rumour, like I was telling you last night. She's really into writing, and she's probably gone through all the copyright laws and stuff. Plus I'm sure she'd love to meet you!"

* In Canternese
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am

"That sounds great! This rumour sounds like my kinda pony." Soul adds a quick ~meet with Rumour to her pad, somehow knowing the proper spelling of 'Rumour.' "Anything before we leave? Oh! I still need to know how to use this," she pulls out the little phone Tilt had gotten her, "to talk to you. I know the basic functions, but I still need, what was it called... Your pone-number? And everypony elses too."

~get a job to pay back Tilt gets added last minute.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:10 am

"Oh, sure! Mine's 080 9413 7749. Hold on, I've got the others on my p-" Tilt trails off, staring at the blank screen of her phone. "Tch. My phone can't seem to hold a charge all of a sudden. I'm sure I charged it before I left this morning, the battery was full and everything."

Tilt grimaces. "Well, I'm sure I'll figure out a solution sooner or later. What's that you've got there?"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 am

Soul hoofs over her list for the day. "List for the day. Dunno if I'll get in the time for the Embassy, there's just so much to do! Oh, can you say that password again? It came out kinda garbled."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:50 am

Icing got up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Not in temperament, he was no more a morning pony than a night pony, that was just the default state of his appearance. It was a great four hours, he felt quite sure of himself and his actions, and that sort of resolution and feeling of accomplishment always led to restful slumber. Still, it was already six, and retrospection could always wait, such was its nature.

Of course, he had to get to school quickly to help with morning set-up of that first lecture, the teacher and the other students had become so accustomed to it that no doubt they would fall to shambles without him. He steps down through the shop, empty and cold, but very clean (thanks to himself), and resolves to be a new pony. He carefully scratches the label tape off one of the flavours, redubbing the "ground vanilla" into "cocoa", using the hard edge of his hoof and a mischievous grin, then promptly gallops off to the school.

His father could use the teasing if he made the wrong flavour, after all. He was a bit of a slave driver.

But to school! Funny, the classroom seemed alright, but it looks like in the day he was away, somepony wound up stealing the dry-erase markers. It happened, but that'll annoy the prof. There's a difference between pranks and outright theft, you know! Now class would probably miss five minutes as everything got sorted out. At least he could admire some of the mares from his spot, but while the classes seemed pointless, he still preferred a productive pointlessness.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Melody was a bit slower than some of the others in awakening, groaning almost like a zombie or something at first as she rolled out of bed...Morning already? But it seemed like she had barely gotten to sleep...Still, she needed to get moving, or she'd be late...Her record wasn't so good that she could completely blow off class...So she made her way to class in a bit of a haze, still trying to wake up. Seemed like there had been a few things happen, but she didn't think about them too much...As she woke up more, she considered her options for spending her free time...There was the store she was working part-time at, or spending time with the others...Hmm...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 pm

"Oh, sure! <The door, long divided, must unite, long united, must divide.>" Tilt enunciates carefully before gives the note a cockeyed look, frowning a little in befuddlement. "What does that say? It doesn't look much like japonese or canternese. Well, if you want help with any of it I'm happy to lend a hoof."

She continues to eat her haycon, making a brief glance towards the clock on the wall. "I'm going to head off to my lecture in five minutes, you want to come along? Rumour's in the same one and I can introduce you."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:53 am

Soul gives Tilt a hard look. Reeaaalllyyy hard. Comically hard. Not like that, get your mind out of the gutter.

"Um, that phrase is just a bunch of random syllales. It's not even Equestrian. Which is exactly what I wrote in! You know, the language we've been speaking since we met? Everypony's been speaking it!"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 am

"It's Canternese. I'm Canternese." responds Tilt, flatly.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 am

"That's-our language? Oh, sorry." Soul looks down with a blush. "I didn't know what Canternese sounded like. I've been so amazed that all of you here speak Equestrian that I haven't bothered finding out what your native languages sound like."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:03 am

"No, no, just me. I'm from Chineigh, this is Neighpon. Different countries." she explains, patiently, "Equestria is... all the way to the west. Ponies here speak japonese, a-"

Tilt pauses for a second.

"Wait you mean you're hearing me speak in equestrian? I'm speaking japonese!"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:07 pm

"That-that makes no sense! All I've heard is Equestrian since I go-ohhhhh.Tilt, how many languages do you know?"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 pm

"Two languages - Canternese at home, Japonese, and, um," Tilt pauses, "I know Equestrian small. I am still learning." she adds, trying to pull up somewhat rehearsed phrases.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Soul's wing's almost knock over a nearby lamp when she hears Tilt switch to Equestrian. "You-You're accent! It changed! Before you sounded like you were from the south, now it's like... Now you sound like the other Easterners I met, before coming here. The words were a bit wierd, though, like-ohhhh..." She folds her wings back down and her ears fold in consternation.

"That confirms what I thought, though," she says, sitting down heavily. "When Discord sent me here, he changed something else about me. I can understand you language. Whatever he did translates what I say and hear into whatever the other pony is speaking. For some reason it didn't work when you switch to Canternese, though. Maybe it doesn't like switching languages or dialects really fast, cause it worked fine with Zeela when I met her, and she was speaking Modern Equestrian." In spite of the usefulness of this ability, her body language betrays her; this is another change Discord forced her into.

Explanation:
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Tilt dives a little before remembering who she is and gingerly levitating the lamp back into position. "I.. what? Oh! I think I understand. So whatever magic Discord used to send you here made everything sound like Equestrian? Well, I guess it makes sense that you w-" The unicorn trails off and falls silent for a moment as her brain engages properly and when she resumes speaking it's a lot softer and gentler.

"I believe Discord had nothing to do with that. Those words I said in Canternese? The ones you couldn't understand? That was the pass phrase. If Discord had any say in it, I bet he would have made you hear it in Equestrian, so that you'd get stranded outside. I believe that somepony is watching out for you, maybe not a pony, but a spirit, like Chitu looks out for me. Because I heard the stories of what he did. If he could have changed you, he would. But he couldn't," Tilt slowly extends a forehoof, pressing it to the other mare's chest, and feeling her heartbeat.

"Not where it counts."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Soul relaxes and puts a hoof over Tilt's. "Right. Thank's Tilt. We should get going if we wanna get to my first day of classes on time. I'll memorize the phrase on the way, since whatever this is won't work for the passphrase." Her voice is a little colder than it should be, but she holds the hoof like a drowning pony a log.

She breaks contact reluctantly as she gathers up her materials for the day and puts on a snazzy new green-and-black vest and saddlebag set. Soul's expression swings between several extremes as she does so, but she keeps it hidden.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 am

Tilt's heartbeat is strong and slow, beating only once every one, one and a half seconds. Soul's not quite on the spot with the heart, but it comes through anyway like a rolling wave, just under the surface.

"Wow! Looking good, Soul! Doesn't quite match your coat, though. Oh well! Ready to go?"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:43 am

"Tell it to the pony who suggested the ensemble," Soul said with a playful shove. "I think it makes me look, hm, tough. It's what we were going for, after all. Anyway, it's supposed to match my eyes. Ready to go."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:54 am

Tilt and Soul can easily find Rumor in the class that Tilt shares with her. The gossiping and storytelling pony is writing in a notebook, not quite paying attention to the lecture.
---
Melody and Zeela both recieve a hoofwritten letter from Koishite, asking them for help that night.
---
George and Melody both recieve messages from Shiro, asking them to visit him later that night.
---
George notices Ebony walking around, still a little bit haggard and yawning but slightly better than he last saw her.
---
Icing gets two notes, one from Blood Mage written in 'red ink' on black paper: "So, a little midnight television showed me something interesting.", and another from Pearl written in white ink on dark peach paper. "May we speak?"
---
Zeela gets a message on her phone from Dojima, asking her for an update on what is going on, in pony.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 am

Tilt sidles up next to Rumour, and whispers to her, only just quietly enough to not attract the ire of the lecturer. "Hey Rumour, I've got somepony here to meet you!"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 am

Soul bounds forward to shake Rumour's hoof before she can get up. "Hello, nice to meet you Rumour Mill, I'm Soul Spinner, author and poet extraordinaire, and new pony at school. If you cared. You probably do, judging by your name. Anyway, I've heard tell that you're a writer too! I'll be glad to work with you in the future. What's this your writing?  Ohh, nice work. Here ya go. Anyway, Tilt here told me that you know your way around copyright law, so I'm wondering if you could help me get, if I have my math right, roughly seven-hundred and twenty-one years worth of royalties out of the world's publishing companies?"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 am

Shiro or Koishite...? Decisions, decisions...They both had their problems, on the one hoof, Shiro was a friend and ally, she should probably see to what he needed...On the other, Koishite needed her not just to talk to, but to help work at the store...Ultimately, it came down to a coin toss...And, as it came up tails, she decided to visit Koishite. She'd do that after class, though...She should probably pay attention to what they were saying...But really, she was extremely tempted to just doze off, after all, they'd been fighting nearly-constantly recently...She was worn out.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 am

Tilt forces a grin as she carefully interposes herself between Soul and Rumour, then slowly prises the two apart while trying not to appear as though anything unusual was happening. "Soul, this is Rumour Mill, she's the go-to girl to find out about just about anything in Ineighba. Rumour Mill, meet Soul Spinner. Yes. That Soul Spinner." she glances meaningfully at the poem the handout was open to. "Long story. Try not to attract Pr. Sakkanoshi's* attention."

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:32 pm

George pocketed Shiro's message, put the new pen holder (The previous one had disappeared, though the pens were still there, strange.) on a desk and goes up to Ebony.
"Are you feeling any better?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Soul+Tilt: Rumor is, more or less, silently squeeing and vibrating in her seat, seeing one of her idols in front of her, before quickly speaking in perfect equestrian- "OhmyCelestiaisitreallyyouImeanitprobablyisyounoponyknowshowyoureallylookoutsideofthelibraryofcanterlotwhichIvisitedonafeildtripinmagickindergardenandholybuckIamsoexcitedtogettomeetyouImeanreallyI'mahugefollowerofyourworksespeciallythepoetrythatyouwroteduringthedaysofdiscordandhonestlywhilei'mahugefanoftheanimeseriesaboutitit'smoreorlessnotthataccuratehoweverit'ssooooooogoodit'saguiltypleasureofminebut anywaysholybuckit'syou!" Rumor's squees in Equestrian fall on mostly deaf ears from the speed and accent (That being a canterlotean one.)
-----
George: Ebony smiles over to the doctor. "W-well... I'm doing better. I'm taking some nutrition supplements and actually buying lunch with the money I'm making at my jobs... But..." Ebony's smile turns a little sour. "I still need to work for his sake..." Something in her voice seems... proud there.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next