Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

+3
Doc pseudopolis
conantheghost
Caden2112
7 posters

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, the Campaign. - Page 22 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, the Campaign.

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Zeela nods in agreement.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

George tries his best to not looked shocked, with limited success, and plants a talon on Icings shoulder.
...I really need to ask Tilt what she did...
"I...We'll see you around."
With that he all but pulls the colt from the velvet room.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:12 pm

"Well... That was an interesting flavor..." Zeela comments about her magical drink.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 pm

"Psh, that's nothing. At least this stuff has an actual flavor. There are few things stranger than tasting than textures and colors. Don't even get me started on emotion... Huh, I suppose that's a bit more normal for-" Wraith stops himself before he mentions Melody. Okay, this stuff is getting to me faster than normal. Maybe Discord geared it towards me?
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Zeela's eyes go wide and then she facehooves. "Of course... Yes... I get it now... Can't believe though everything I ended up forgetting that little detail about Melody's thing after everything that happened in the last hour or so."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:51 am

"W-wait, you know I know about Melody's...thing?" Wraith knocks back his next shot. "At least I don't have to worry about spilling that particular secret tonight. To be honest, I'm all secret-ed out for the next, oh, forever. And now I have to worry about Discord hanging off of me. What did he even mean by all that? Celestia looking for me? I just don't even know..."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Zeela nods and blushed a little. "Yeah... Kinda why we hooked up... Sorta... Come to think about it."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Rumor walked over to the counter and ordered a couple cups of black tea and a plate of different sweeteners and the like to take to the table, leading Tilt over to a corner table and pulling her bag onto it. She glanced at Tilt before ducking her head, looking intently at the different things before simply putting some cream and honey into her cup, sipping it slightly with a bit of redness on her cheeks as she looked to Tilt. After the athlete started on her own cup of tea Rumor quietly laughs. "It's weird isn't it... The place for our first date. You'd think a romance writer would've chosen someplace grander like a picnic in a private portion of a park with posies and peonies and various other flowers scattered around, with the sunlight just peaking through the trees dancing along the ground and now I'm talking like I write." Rumor ducks her head down again, laughing.
-----
Melody can hear someone faintly mumbling about the four ponies of the apocolypse, and a young orange pegasus stallion moves to sit a few feet away from her, and she can hear his words plain as day.

The Stallion's Words:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Melody looked at him for a moment, blinking and tilting her head. "Oh, you're knowledgeable about the stories, then?" she asked, curious for a moment. "Beats trying to read this pink stuff written in the margins. Ah, thanks, though. Seems odd that this third pony wouldn't get much mention...Then again, a thousand years is a long time to write something out of history..." She blinked a moment, nodding. Still...For famine, she hoped the idea of one who sacrificed for others was more accurate...She thought for a moment of which of the team fit the descriptions of the other three, but...Death being change in this case, and possibly a protector of changelings? That one was strangest to her.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 am

Tilt raises her hoof over her mouth and giggles - she knew exactly what the other mare had meant. "Oh my, how forward!" she teases, before leaning forwards inquisitively, "You write romances?"

Last edited by Pingcode on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:08 am

As if finally noticing that someting is wrong, Wraith shifts his focus to Zeela. He sidles up to her to make contact, but not much more. "Sorry, I tend to lose my attention span when I drink. Alcohol works different on this body than Soul. Can you tell me more about it? How you and Melody ended up together?" His mind drifts to Tilt and Rumour with the question, but he manages to keep from wandering further than that.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 am

"Oh my... It happened so fast... A few major events... I shared part of my history... Arcana or was it Marie, voiced how Melody was a changeling... I think that's how it went..." Zeela starts trying to recall how it went as she takes another shot to help suppress the side of herself worrying about her relationship going to fast with Mel... "Oh no... Wait no... We where walking to see Arcana and Marie for something... She made an odd thing... Not totally sure what... But I started asking her... She was bad at lieing to me. And eventually admitted to her being a changeling... I then took a risk... And told her what I thought."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 am

The stallion blinks, looking at Melody and the book in her magic-or hoof-. "Oh, sorry. Must've mixed that up with the library's books." The stallion gets up, pulling an almost identical copy of the book from his pile and flipping through it. "Yes. Switched my book with it. Sorry about that." He uses a wing to take the book from Melody, using the other to hold the library's copy out. "But yeah, I do research spirits and the like quite a lot. The name's Induktivitat 'Ducky' Hoofenheimer, at your service. Paranormal Expert." He bows slightly. "I heard a rumor there was a spirit around here and I got a little distracted with the Neighponese accounts of various legends."
-----
"You're one to talk miss 'I am in love' flower behind your ear." Rumor mumbles quietly, taking a sip of her tea to calm herself. "But yes, I write romances. It's one of the reasons I wanted to talk. The cafe is quiet. You mind reading part of the manuscript?" Rumor tilts her head. "You're good with these sorts of things if how you helped me understand the Romance of the Three Kingdoms is any indication.

A.) Look it over. Knowledge with Int bonus roll +FK: Lit. (As in. 1d20+Knowledge+Intelligence rank+5 for FK Lit)
B.) Other.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:21 am

"Are you objecting?" rejoins Tilt, grinning as she accepts the manuscript and starts browsing the piece. She looks down to the manuscript, and starts reading.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:41 am

The manuscript, if Tilt can call it that, seems to be a more or less bare bones idea of how Rumor wants the story to go. It almost plays out like a basic, run of the mill fairy tale, though what descriptions Rumor has written down easily draw Tilt in. It's more or less a tale of a young commoner who wishes to become a princess, following her dream to a royal ball held every year with a magical dress woven by the rumors spread about her. Because the commonor could help the rumors that are spread, her dress became lovely and beautiful, elegant. And she became the belle of the ball, shestarted to dance with her prince charming, finding the love she always wanted in one beautiful kiss.. But as she got distracted by her love, the mare's dress started to fall apart as people spread lies and rumors about her, revealing the common girl underneath with nothing but her rumors that she spread.

Rumor looks down and hoofs at the table. "It's stupid isn't it? Romances and fairy tales should always have a happy ending shouldn't they? They should always end with the girl becoming a princess or what have you. And they shouldn't have somepony that's almost an author's insert, huh..."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:30 pm

"Uh, Charming Melody, student...Nice to meet you." Melody returned the bow respectfully. That was a mouthful to say. Still, paranormal...Was he looking for Wraith!? She thought for a moment, considering what she knew before speaking "Uhm, spirit...I seem to remember hearing a rumor about that, I just thought it was a crazy story, like how supposedly one of the lockers eats anypony who climbs into it or something."  She let him have his book, though, thinking."Some of the legends are interesting...I just...Wanted to do a little research myself." She wasn't sure how much she should say...Revealing there was a whole other world to this guy might end up getting him in trouble if he tried to investigate too much into it, after all.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:42 pm

"I don't really get 'bad at lying.' I mean, if you can write a story you can tell one, right? Ah, but lying to friends... Well, that aside, I know those feels, mare. I know those feels." Wraith stares into space for a few moments, leaning against his new drinking buddy, before shooting up striaght. "Hey, we only have these six drinks, and they're...." He holds a bottle upside down, spilling it over Zeela's counter. "Sorry. Well, I thought we were out, and now we are. Wanna go to a bar? Tilt told me about this cool thing called 'karaoke' and I wanna check it out."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:03 am

"Oh what the hay... Why not?" Zeela said and starts to guide the slightly inebreabied duo to the nearest karaoke bar.

TO THE KARAOKE-BAR!:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 am

Wraith corrects Zeela's drunken navigation as they walk...with slightly less drunken navigation. "Maybe we should try flying? We might spot the bar from higher up."

Spoiler:
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:04 am

Tilt makes a show of reading the manuscript again, then sets it back down, her thoughts properly gathered. "They don't always end so well. Not even fairy tales. But I don't think anypony finds reason to regret, even when the dress comes apart."

She pauses and frowns, quietly swallowing doubt. She couldn't just let Rumour go on believing what she did - it could only hurt. "Rumes... I'm not a princess. I'm just another girl, doing her best to make her way in the world," she says, softly, "I train every morning, I work in the family grocery twice a week, I'm failing my magic classes, I spend an hour a week at the Damma shrine outside town, I've a fondness for a certain mare with a purple coat. But at the end of the day I'm no different from any other girl."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:08 am

"No... I somepony sees us flying while drunk... Let's just say bad things happen with the cops and us..." Zeela comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:09 am

Wraith grumbles and furls his wings back up after eyig the sky. "If you say so. We're hopelessly lost now without our wings, though. Wait, you have laws about drunk flying now? What's next, drunk walking? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard, and I - *hic* - Huh. I lived in... Why do I sound like Soul right now?"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 am

Ducky smiles over to Melody, and the changeling can sense a bit of smugness even if she isn't actively searching for it. "Ah, I've already researched those sorts of things. Locker has a hole in it that leads to the basement, vent at the bottom of the ramp that leads upwards, a very anti-electronics guard who happens to look foal-like scaring kids and painting rooms red. Lots of ghost stories are just that, stories." The Pegasus is speaking quickly, trotting back and forth in front of Melody in the aisle. "But this one... This one! Oh as my grandma used to tell me, this one is definitely a story for the ages. Why you ask? Because it is Opa! Well, not quite my Opa but one of my Urgroßvater, Er great grandfathers as the neighponese call it. Sorry." The pegasus shakes his head. "I don't know how, but he is back, and I'm going to learn whatever it takes to find him. Though I can share some wisdom. You're looking up Myths and the like? I can tutor you on them if you want."

A.) Accept. (Allows analysis of persona mythos and occasional Intelligence boosts until link is properly formed with Ducky.)
B.) Decline.
-------
Rumor sips her tea once again, putting it down and leaning over to Tilt. "You think I wrote that in the few days we've been dating? Tilt, that's me in the story, not you. You, if anything?" Rumor's horn glows a purple that matches her coat, flipping it to the prince in the fairy tale. "But still, I agree. Neither of us are really any different than anypony else. I myself often work in my mother and father's diplomat's office doing bookkeeping and paperwork, I have extensive knowledge of the way Neighpon, Ineighba and Equestria work from both of them. I spend much to much time writing and listening to fairy tales, but like you said. In the end I'm just another mare." Rumor smiles slightly before stiffening for a few moments, her head darting around. "D-did you hear that?"

A.) Roll perception.
B.) Say No.
C.) Roll Arcana+Understanding. (Slightly lower dc than perception check.)
----
The two pegasi, who due to a little playful prank by Discord found themselves in gender-bent bodies for the time they're in the bar, find Seed E.'s Bar, a place that looks dilapidated with a trio of drunk stallions barfing right beside the door, the lights on the open sign and the sign for the bar flickering every few seconds. To the two drunkards, the bar looks perfectly servicable.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:58 am

Tilt gets a pained look as Rumour shows her the Prince again. "Rumes..." she begins, before her marefriend suddenly sits up, and starts looking around hurriedly. "What? What was what?" responds Tilt, looking around herself. "...a tingling?" she suggests, quietly, trying to pin down what it was that Rumour had seen, elusive though they were. She was, unfortunately, an athlete, not a watchpony.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Melody looked at Ducky, raising an eyebrow for a moment...If he only knew...But still, he seemed passionate about it. She nodded, chuckling. "I'd like that, if you've got time, of course. Still, your great-grandfather? Interesting..." The changeling thought about what he'd said, but perhaps she was just missing the meaning. Still, she'd heard of worse ways to spend her time.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next