Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Ramsus wrote:I am the GM, I am not obligated to tell you the reasons for why things are the way they are that your character would not know.

So basically your refusing to admit your a bad DM.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Talking is a free action within limits deemed reasonable by the GM. Your post did not contain an action, readying for an action, or any indication of actionness of any sort.

Well genius, if you had talked to the monks like I suggested you edit your post to say instead of refusing to and demanding it be a tournmanet and insulting me and telling me to shut up, maybe you would have found out. Why the fuck should I give you information when you go out of your way to avoid acquiring it even when I outright tell you "this is how you get the information"?

Edit: OMFG, this is an RP, not a choose your own adventure novel. If you want information, ask for it in character unless it's just something you can't get that way. And I'm still not obligated to answer.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:23 pm

You people.

He promised before he charged at her... while at the same time, started to prepare another spell. One that wouldn't come from his hands.

I was gonna suggest you just try and rape her, but it looks like you're already a step ahead of me there.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Bronymous wrote:You people.

Argument is other. Moving on.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Bronymous wrote:You people.

Argument is other. Moving on.
I'm just going to laugh at the typo, cause I find it funny.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm

And... the battles over too quickly for anyone to see it... and the point of the battle was for the other characters to see my character's skill at battle...

Knew I should of waited before posting...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:And... the battles over too quickly for anyone to see it... and the point of the battle was for the other characters to see my character's skill at battle...

Knew I should of waited before posting...
Comments posted don't necessarily have to be linear in time. For instance, my character could have caught the last moments of your fight. Though he probably wouldn't be interested in actually watching any kind of martial arts tournament.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 pm

[quote="Demonu"]
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Comments posted don't necessarily have to be linear in time. For instance, my character could have caught the last moments of your fight. Though he probably wouldn't be interested in actually watching any kind of martial arts tournament.

They probably should through... through I do have an idea.

Instead of accepting his defeat, I see Arcantos continuing. He's already angry over the changling's cowardly fighting and this 'defeat' by more such fighting as well as being in his beast form were he is more emotional... well he'll demand that the changling properly defeats him...

Oh and Ramus, the Lightning Breath surrounds Aracantos and pushes melee attackers away from him.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm

And then you get called out for dishonorably continuing the fight, rushed by guards, and beaten into the floor if you resist.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm

They probably should through...
Why? If my character has no interest in such things, why should he?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Bronymous wrote:And then you get called out for dishonorably continuing the fight, rushed by guards, and beaten into the floor if you resist.

Its only dishonorably continuing the fight from certain points of view.

Also, did you miss the fact that the lightning breath spell also circles him in lightning and pushes meele attackers away? Unless elite guards come with anti-magic or something, the fight won't be stopped.

Plus well... I think some of the guards would sympathies with him. The changling has shown no actual skill with her weapon. Instead relying purely on her magic to win the battle. Defending her from most damage, making the disarms a no-sell and well, just using it to do all the damage.

Demonu wrote:Why? If my character has no interest in such things, why should he?

I was talking about the time-frames.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Whatever you say. Just don't get mad again when it doesn't happen like that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Demonu wrote:
They probably should through...
Why? If my character has no interest in such things, why should he?
The same is true of my character...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Bronymous wrote:Whatever you say. Just don't get mad again when it doesn't happen like that.

There is a reason I'm speaking about it on here interested of just doing it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm

At lest your learning, Fury... Still don't think that's the best of ideas. But hey it's upto what the GM says to deside things. And I'd agure that Magic is but just another weapon.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:At lest your learning, Fury... Still don't think that's the best of ideas. But hey it's upto what the GM says to deside things. And I'd agure that Magic is but just another weapon.

A weapon yeah, but one that your kinda born with. I don't think Samuari would like people relying almost purely on it. They are after all, focused on fighting with the katana. So they would side more with those that are more meele inclined.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I guess you've got a point, but still Rumsas' option is the only one that matters.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:At lest your learning, Fury... Still don't think that's the best of ideas. But hey it's upto what the GM says to deside things. And I'd agure that Magic is but just another weapon.

A weapon yeah, but one that your kinda born with. I don't think Samuari would like people relying almost purely on it. They are after all, focused on fighting with the katana. So they would side more with those that are more meele inclined.
Look it from this perspective: if you can use magic, wouldn't you use it?

Besides, it's a changeling in a martial arts tournament. She's not a samurai and your argument is moot, seeing how samurai wouldn't even enter in such a contest.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Um.... ok...let's see.

1) Yeah, as was mentioned I figured the time frame was not exactly in sync (how do you have multiple conversations take place within the same amount of time as a fight that was at most a minute long?) and that the other characters who would have been paying attention would have seen it.

2) They might at least notice as you got flung into the crowd, which includes them if they were watching. *hint hint*

3) I misunderstood your attack and thought you meant it went around the opponent preventing them from moving.

4) She showed plenty of skill with her sword, at least as much as yours did Fury, I just personally am not too descriptive about sword fighting as I know jack all about it and don't want to sound like an idiot. Her style is a lot more brute force than yours. There was nothing dishonorable about her fighting style and there were no rules about not using magic, which in a high fantasy setting such as this is just as honorable a way to fight as hitting people with sticks as far as most people are concerned. Also, makes very little sense since you used magic as well.

5) Nobody, probably including your character, would think it was honorable to attack her after she was declared the winner. Also, you wouldn't be dealing with guards but clerics and monks and the other fighters (along with a crowd of hecklers). Even if you would be dealing with guards, what makes you think all they have would be melee weapons? Though, the most likely result would be that they'd just do nothing and let her kill you as you're no longer in a duel and you'd just be assaulting her without an honorable reason and in a dishonorable fashion. And that's information you'd all know in character, thus why I'm actually telling you and not just going "sure, do it".

Edit: Um, not all people (or most) who use magic were born with it. Sorcerer magic like Fury's character has is in fact one of the only kinds where it's something you're born with and even then you have to train to use it well.
If anyone wants to make an arcana check on his opponent I can give more detail on what kind of magic his opponent used (not Fury, he already flubbed his arcana roll for her).

Edit 2: In fact Sorcery and psionics are the only kind people are born with I believe. And not all psionics are born with it.

Edit 3: The samurai of this setting actually use plenty of magic. Some of them are purely martial but others use arcane or psionic or divine magic (I don't think too many use primal but...it could happen and there's probably some shadow too). They do tend towards the disciplines that involve weapons though. So Bronymous' character wouldn't be called a samurai even though she still could be a front line fighter and is of the warrior caste.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

... Thing is Ramus. They are in a martial arts tournament.

Martial. Arts.

Not Arcane. Not Divine. Not Primal. Not Psion. Not Shadow. But Martial.

Has the changeling shown sword skill equal to my character? Hell no. She's only hit him twice with it. Once when she threw it, which does not show skill at all because throwing a sword that big is just stupid. Second when my character was slowed down by her frost. Every other hit, including the winning hit was done via magic. Plus, the majority of what Arcantos did to her was also cancelled by her magic one way or another.

In a martial arts tournament, that is hardly very honourable.

Arcantos has used magic yes, but he's mainly used his blades, and used them better then the changeling has....

Oh and if he can't directly continue to fight. I don't think people would mind him challenging her to a duel until one of them is unconscious. After all, she's shown limited martial skill in a martial arts tournament. I doubt people would be happy about that.

Also excuse me while I die of laughter at Demonu's statement that Samurai wouldn't enter a martial arts tournament.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Why would they?

Unless under orders from their daimyo, they have no reasons to do so.

And before you die of laughter, do note I said samurai. As in someone belonging to the warrior caste and under the employment by a daimyo. Not ronin, not rurouni, not mercenaries or the like.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm

You realize monks are a psionic class right? The definitive martial arts class is partially magic powered.

Edit: Demonu is right, the actual samurai wouldn't enter this competition. It wouldn't be considered fair or honorable to be dueling with the lower castes.

You can challenge her to a duel if you want but, nobody is going to heal you (for free) after, and if she decided to not stop at defeating you nobody would do anything about it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Demonu wrote:Why would they?

Unless under orders from their daimyo, they have no reasons to do so.

And before you die of laughter, do note I said samurai. As in someone belonging to the warrior caste and under the employment by a daimyo. Not ronin, not rurouni, not mercenaries or the like.

Because Samurai are all about powers in battle and this would be another way to prove them? Even as a daimyo, they'll still do things like that.

Ramsus wrote:You realize monks are a psionic class right? The definitive martial arts Class is magic powered.

I do kinda get why, but I still don't view it as magic.

You are fighting with your fists. No matter how much you look at it. They are still mainly a martial class.

Thus in a martial arts tournament. They'll be looking for martial skills. Not anything else. The other things you got can be useful in battle, but if that's all that wins you the fight. People won't be happy.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:39 pm

*shrug* Again this is a case of "if you hadn't skipped talking to the NPCs you'd know this crap" as they would have announced it was a no rules competition outside of deliberately murdering your opponents or using poisons or other effects that you weren't prepared and willing to cure afterwards.

They live in a world with wizards and psions, they are aware their power is partially magical. Also, if you note, everything she did involved her sword or her body. Hundreds of years ago people might have had these arguments but, they all got sick of listening to the wizards and psions explaining to them that there was no damn difference and as such they accept that. As long as an unarmed wizard or such didn't show up and start casting spells without ever using a weapon nobody is going to call foul.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 pm

... Yeah sorry but I call BS to that.

If its going to be a martial arts tournament. People are not going to be happy if you win purely by arcane means. Or at least, magical means.

The changeling did. People aren't going to like her and think of her dishonorable, so the crowd will be on Arcantos's side when he challenges her to a duel without magic. Which of course, he'll win being the superior swordsman. Through he is still out of the tourney.

Ramsus wrote:Demonu is right, the actual samurai wouldn't enter this competition. It wouldn't be considered fair or honorable to be dueling with the lower castes.

If one or two samarium joined... maybe. But this is what samurai life for. So it would be samurai dominated.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next