Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 am

That makes more sense. You know, this is why I don't play spellcasters.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Naruto doesn't suck!

Apart from that... is there any mechanic differences to 4E?

... Oh and I'm English... does that effect things?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah, the mechanics we'll be using for this a very simple. I put info on that in the second post but, if you still have questions I can answer them.

The nice thing about play by post games is that it really doesn't matter where people live as long as they speak the same language. So, nope.

No comment on the Naruto thing. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

I think I'll be able to join then...

When you said you wanted a Meele focused guy, did you want a defender or striker? Or does it not matter that much?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

It doesn't really matter since we're not focusing too much on the roles.
Edit: I'm not sure how much of this thread you've read so far but, if you don't mind terribly I'd like you to choose one of the lesser races (as listed in the first post). And not Pixie because someone already chose that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

I didn't read much tbh, bit tired...

Why a lesser race?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Because we already have 3 greater race characters and only 1 lesser. I was hoping it'd end up about half and half. So if you choose a lesser race we have 2 and 3.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm

For some reason I was expecting more Lessers. I guess I'm the only one who was stepping out of their comfort zone for this game.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Guess I'll just have to chose Shifter instead of Dragonborn...

What are the other characters exactly? (Mainly just race/class for now)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Bronymous: Genasi (Watersoul) Druid
Xel: Pixie Warlock
Lynt: Tiefling Psion
Demonu: Thri-Kreen Artificer (mainly an alchemist)

Edit: Something I keep forgetting to make clear. Stats aren't tied to attack rolls so, no need to worry about that stats your class is "supposed" to have.

Last edited by Ramsus on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Hmmmmm... do we do hybrid classes?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I guess you could as long as it's plausible for the character. What were you thinking of?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Well... I would of loved to do a Dragonborn Paladin/Sorcerer... Still, a Shifter Ranger/Sorc might work...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Ranger/Sorcerer, now that's an odd mix. What kinds of Ranger and Sorcerer were you thinking? Also what kind of Shifter?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Two-Wielding Ranger, Storm Soul/Lighting Focused Sorc, and Longtooth Shifter... If I got that name right.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 pm

So be a Hexblade- It's actually a Fighter/Sorceror mix, but if you take the spells off a Ranger its basically a Fighter anyway.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Depends how you play...

But no, not a Hexblade. They deal spell damage through their swords. The Sorc damage is mostly if not totally going to be ranged.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Last I checked it seemed the parties best intrest to have somebody that fights with their swords.... And I gotta say every time I start reading these 4e books my head starts spinning... I can't seem to get any good info off of them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Well, it doesn't have to be swords... but it will be.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah, Bronymous, Rangers don't really have spells in 4e. And a Ranger/Sorcerer is basically martial skills in melee, magic at ranged which is pretty different from magic in melee range. I figured it was either dual wielding ranger or pet ranger. Bow ranger wouldn't have been very melee, lol. Yeah, Longtooth is one of em. As an odd aside, for arcane magical melee with swords there is both Hexblades and Swordmages.

No worries Xel, it takes a bit to get used to them. Of course the earlier ones had a way better format for laying out information than the new ones for some reason.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Well then they completely changed how Hexblades work in 4e. Because whenever I play them, my spells take effect at range, and then I move in for the kill. Also the spells weren't focused on direct combat and damage, more like manipulating the situation to give you an advantage.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Bronymous wrote:For some reason I was expecting more Lessers. I guess I'm the only one who was stepping out of their comfort zone for this game.
That's what you get when you put the interesting ones in the category you least want people to choose from. Besides, humans/elves/dwarves/gnomes and the like? I see those enough when playing regular D&D.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Bronymous, actually, I could be wrong about the Hexblades. I haven't really looked them over.

Demonu, in my experience, people choose the more familiar races most of the time. Also, humans. Lots and lots of humans most of the time.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Ramsus wrote:Bronymous, actually, I could be wrong about the Hexblades. I haven't really looked them over.

Demonu, in my experience, people choose the more familiar races most of the time. Also, humans. Lots and lots of humans most of the time.
Indeed. Why'd you think I'm going with a bidpedal, talking mantis?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Thri-kreen are actually one of my favorite races precisely because they aren't re-skinned humans.

While, when I made the greater/lesser race division my main concerns were other reasons, I did certainly involve which ones I thought were the more interesting and less chosen ones. I just figured people were more likely to pick the ones in the lesser race category anyway. More interesting in my opinion or not. So, the result of most of you guys wanting to pick the greater races is surprising to me.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next