Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 am

"Wat' be dat' ring? Security, or decoration?", Shallow asks.

Perception:

( OOC: Could we have a rough picture / visual reference of what the ring and pillars look like, compared to the manor (and its location)? Do we roll arcana, history, mechanics, to figure it out beyond perception/streetwise? )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:40 am

The pillars appear to rather modern but what exactly they do you can't quite figure out what they do.

OOC Due to my complete and utter lack of artistic ability I'll just write out a short description.

The pillars are all made out of metal and the ring they form stretches around the entire mansion's grounds. Each pillar is cylindrical about 9 feet tall and half a foot in diameter. Separating each pillar is about 10 to 15 feet of open space. Compared to the mansion the pillars appear to be a rather recent addition. Finally there is about 200 feet from the edge of the ring to the mansion proper.

arcana mechanics or history would be helpful.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

"Dat be very suspicious, pons...", Shallow pondered. Why would there be a ring of pillars around the mansion, yet no manner of visible fence or wall to keep the bog, with its creatures and foliage from encroaching in? Unless...

Arcana/History:

( OOC: I assume the bog ground "ends" right before the ring? Are there any plants or similar terrain going "through" the ring? )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 pm

"Let's see if we can ascertain the purpose of the structure," Torque said. "Hmm, security device? Well, only if it is meant to guard the entrance to the swamp; a fence around the entire property would be more efficient. Possibly it is a teleportation device, meant to connect with a similar structure elsewhere on the island, or even to мусор's station in the East Blue. Either way, it would allow for covert transportation without facing the publicity of the main road or the dangers of the swamp."

Mechanics:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Arcana/History:

( OOC: I assume the bog ground "ends" right before the ring? Are there any plants or similar terrain going "through" the ring? )
Lyntermas wrote:
Mechanics:

Between the two of you you manage to come to the conclusion that the pillars are part of a security and defense system that activates when even the perimeter is breached. The defense portion appears to emit some sort of stored energy to harm intruders. The security portion appears to just be an alarm but where it sends the alarm you can't tell.

The ground between the pillars is barren while on the other side the grounds look rather well taken care of out side the ring the area is wild and untended.

OOC The bog ends right before the ring.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 pm

"Don't suppose you can dig your way in, Shallow?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 pm

"Assumin' dis' invisible defense doesn't go undah da' ground, yah', of course! I'm gonna feel out da' situation. Suggest yah' move someplace outtah' vision, in case I trip dis' ting an' guards want ta' take a look.", he says, sinking into the dirt.

Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:39 am

Meanwhile, Sixty-Two walks up to inspect the pillars. "Hmm..." he rubbed a hoof across his still-cut chin.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

Zarhon wrote:
Athletics:
You can tell that the "Barren ground" and the pillars extend well into the ground. Additionally you do notice either a cow or a bison standing out front.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:

You can tell that the pillars are magically storing and amplifying heat. You do remember reading about something that worked like this before at the marine office but it was deemed unpractical for marine usage by the commanding officer мусор...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am

"If da' barren ground be any sign, da' protection goes a bit undah' it as well. Don't tink' I can go easy from down under. But since dis' be a manor, and dey' likely need ta' allow somepony ta' enter for supplies, I tink' going out to da' front be our best way ta' enter.", Shallow says after popping out. "Oh, and tink dere' be somepony of da' bovine persuasion hangin' around near da' front gate. I tink' we mite' be able ta' talk dem' inta' lettin' us in, or help us some otha' way."

He then pondered some more. "Hmmm... Do yah' tink' a freak rainstorm would help ta' disable, or at da' very least see, dis' strange security? It would be big an' obvious, tho..."

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Stealth/Perception:

You can tell that each and every part of the gate is actually part of a giant and extremely complex locking mechanism.The gate occupies the space between two pillars that are slightly different from the others. You can see beyond the gate there is a Bison wearing a bandana standing around. She is staring rather remorsefully at the gate while smoking. She doesn't appear to have seen you.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gender pronouns)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Shallow returns with the info to his comrades. "Dat' bison looks like a bored guard, and da' gate seems ratha' complex ta' open, but mite' be da' safest way in. Anypon got a plan?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 am

"Hmm, if the bison is the only one guarding this place, then perhaps that's the best way in. Better than accidentally setting off the alarm and security system.

One idea would be to have Shallow get relatively close to her underground. Then I'd use my Spyrotechnic abilities on her cigarette, blinding her momentarily. Then Shallow and Tortoise could pin her to the ground, and then we'd interrogate her about how to get inside without setting off the alarm system."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:40 pm

"I could go incognito as a member of the Marines...which I effectively am anyway...coming to speak to him routinely about something or other," suggested Sixty-Two. "Probably won't work, but I wouldn't expect things to go too wrong, as I genuinely do have Marine support. It is a plan, no?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 pm

"Sounds like a good plan ta' me, 62. I'll stay close under da' dirt wile' yah' talk, rite below yah' hooves, in case yah' need a quick escape, or open da' way for us, so I can slip past an' prepare a surprise. An' if all else fails, we can try having our green friend try ta' break down da' door."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 pm

"Alright," Sixty-Two said with a smile. "Any idea what I should talk about?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 am

"Well, we got ah' cart ah' ironwood, so we mite' act like we be cartin' supplies for da' manor. Or yah' can say ta' have ah' private message for da' manor maintainer, or been asked ta' report to da' manor for reasons unknown. Or maybe fake some surprise inspection, like of da' security system, tax records, or da' building stability. I assume dey' be edgy about anypony snoopin' about, but even more edgy if yah' threaten da' come back wit' more Marines an' a legal warrant, so dey' mite accept yah' as a 'lesser evil'. Or try ta' make yah' 'disappear'. Eitha' way, dey' probably will need ta' let yah' in, or risk da' Marines findin' someting'."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:47 pm

"...Or you could tell him that some pirates recently robbed the bank and emptied Mycop's security deposit boxes. That'll get a reaction." Torque smirked.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 pm

"Sounds like the best option to me," Sixty-Two smirked. "Now how shall I grab this bison fellow's attention...?"

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:40 am

( Unless I'm mistaken, we can see the bison through the force field security thing, and she's probably paying enough attention to notice anyone approaching, since I had to roll stealth earlier. Just yell to her or something? Or get one of those messenger horns. )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Sixty-Two advised his partners to be ever further hidden even as he stepped somewhat away from them and into plainer view of the bisoness guarding the house. With a few minutes' time and another great wind and blast of purple magic, the A.R.C. came almost leisurely from its pocket-dimension home. Sixty-Two nodded appreciatively at it for a moment before saying: "Well, if that didn't get their attention, this probably should, no? Parameter: Military Horn, Codeword: INSTRUMENT."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:20 pm

The startled Bison jumps slightly by the sudden horn blast. Shen then quickly runs over to the perimeter of the ring and gives 62 a look over.
"Who are you and what are you after?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Sixty-Two puts on his best "bored official" face as the A.R.C. slowly sank back into its personal crevice in reality. "Yes, yes, hello. I am, for lack of better name, Sixty-Two, with the local Marine base. I have need to speak with the homeowner, one Mr...Mycroft, was it?...about certain events to have recently come to light. Might I have permission to enter?" He waved a careless hoof, asking subtly with outstretched forearm to 'get on with this, please.'

PERSUASION:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

The Bison appears to buy your act.
"Well he ain't here and I don't know how to work the door part of the door. Could let you in the crate hole but I'm not saying nothing about what shape you'll be in after.  "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm

"Feh. Of course he's not here," Sixty-Two said, 'under his breath.' "May I ask when he is expected to return?"

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next