Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False Gods - Trial Run

+10
ThereIsNo4thWall
LoganAura
ValorlordV5
Pingcode
conantheghost
Drago765
Dusk Raven
Ramsus
tygerburningbright
AlicornPriest
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 5 Empty Re: False Gods - Trial Run

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:You have at least three players interested and you don't really need more than four. I'm sure you can easily get five or six if you put in a bit of effort.
Heck, AP, if you can work in a character coming in a bit late I'll work something up. I loved every movie/tv implementation of Dune, and was ok with the book when I finally got around to reading it.

Go ahead and start the campaign ... but within the next two weeks I'll put together a magic wielding gryphon for your consideration. Fo:E has been on my mind and I think there should be more gryphon-mages of wisdom in the world.

Whelp: not your dust campaign. I can still get behind bringing down false campaigns. Err, Dust. Was that your suggestion in the 'campaign ideas' thread? I was associating dust/spice with you, AP... Maybe I'm just easily confused. Anyway, if you've got a dream of DM'ing, just try for it. It'll be fine.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dust isn't dripping, but campaigns are still flowing.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah AP, I just didn't post a character because you kind of already have the character I'm going to use.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 pm

...Oh. Oh! Okay. Well, then that's four people already. If any of the other players are watching, I'd like to see an official confirmation that you're still playing.
And if you guys are ready... well then, I guess we could start soon. As soon as I've got 4th's character and any one else's confirmation, I'll get a thread up in the next couple of days and we can get started! Very Happy 
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm still waiting on an answer for what kind of backstories/character personalities you're looking for so I can flesh out Rosebuzz.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:38 pm

I might be interested as well, but I think I'm going to wait a moment, get a feel for the flow of the story... and so I can make an actual character.

The quickest route would be to use a modification of a character I'm using in a story... hmm, how well does a mage who specializes in channeling his own pain work for you?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ThereIsNo4thWall Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm still here, lurking. ^_^
ThereIsNo4thWall
ThereIsNo4thWall
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Draconic%20Quill

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 am

Were you making a character?
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 5 Empty I dun even know if you're talking to me...

Post  ThereIsNo4thWall Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 am

AlicornPriest wrote:Were you making a character?
I'm not, I already have the one, that I'd like to keep in the rp if that's alright?

I mean I'm still kind of undecided on if he should be a baby dragon instead but I'm thinking that's probably not something you'd like since generally speaking they are pretty rare and one traveling around gathering stories doesn't make as much sense as I wish it would...
ThereIsNo4thWall
ThereIsNo4thWall
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Draconic%20Quill

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:35 am

Ok, so our list of people who want to play is: Me, 4th, Z2, and Hum (that'd be Drago), with a possibility of Spark (maybe? he wasn't particularly clear). That's four people for sure. Repeating the fact that the new guy, Mind, would probably join up if he was sent a PM.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 5 Empty do you want an extra?

Post  SparkImpulse Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I was unclear for two reasons: I haven't looked over the necessary documents in a little while, and I thought maybe folks would un-back-out at AP's statement it was on, again. Three, I'm a little busy this August.

But AP, if you want another player, I have a character concept to consider. Hippogriff, Cutie Mark would go to history (learning new things, in particular -- so, research) but I'm envisioning him as a sort of mountain-man type. Knows about society, yeah, but you don't see him in town too often. I may try and roleplay a russian accent or some other grammatical offensity to the tongue of pony. Trained in arcana and maybe stealth (the first, by his college degree ... the other by his long life in forested mountains)

If you're cool about that, I can go about collecting utilities and combat talents, but I'd like to ask some details about your headcanon for this world / griffons in particular. Do griffons eat meat? Do ponies? I had begun with the assumption that in addition to acquiring the best of both his parents looks, he also had both their GI tracts ... so could enjoy smoked salmon, but could survive on daisies & lettuce. This detail of how the two races eat would, in my mind, affect certain roleplay details. Also, their beaks. Do they bend? In the show, we see griffons making facial expressions we can easily recognize ... but in many Fo:E tales the inflexibility of the avian face is a thing that's capitalized upon ... again, in describing how my character reacts, I'd like to know how you feel about avian facial expressions.

Editing, but I don't have much of a character so not bumping with a double post. BUT
if you're still looking for ... a fifth player, is it? what roles are taken?
I'm currently thinking of either Healer's Grace or Buccaneer Blaze for a special move, and choosing combat either to keep everybody up, or concentrate on knocking enemies down. I'm up for suggestions on that front.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character about half done)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 5 Empty Is this still happening?

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 pm

I hope you get your chance at DM'ing some month soon, AP.

Be pleased to meet Темный Коготь красных перьев the hippogriff. Although I recognize you'd asked for show-canon races, this guy feels like he's better as a half-griffon. (quarter eagle quarter lion about half awesome and the other half is mediocre? Also: google translate. Don't strangle me if that name looks horrible. I plan on having him introduce himself as Temmy.) And as such ask for a moment of leniency in considering his race.

So? Is the campaign ready? Am I in? Should I consider adding combat talents?

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh, yeah. He's not finished, is he?)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum