Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 12 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Zarhon wrote:"NATURE WORKS IN GRUESOME WAYS..."
Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 12 Fluttershynature

Horizon, who had run out of clever ways to keep up the ruse and was about to say something unhelpful, is cut off by everything going nuts all at once. Taking advantage of the shock and hesitation, he brings his weapons up and spins. "The intruder is here!" he says, backing into formation with the guards who were accusing him. He made no move against them, instead pretending to join their ranks and prepare for a fight.

Persuasion, if needed: 3+12=15
Init: 18

There needs to be a talent or something that lets you swap two rolls with each other, because that is QUITE the opposite of what I wanted.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:38 pm

"I hate to say I told you so. Oh wait, no I don't." Jeraylia takes a seat on a bench. "Well, I tried. You guys can handle it now, right?"  she asks, leaning back against a table. "Those thralls look capable of handling the intruders, that is, if you can control them."

Initial Combat Talents:
Surprise action:
Init roll (1d20): 13
Jeraylia:

Do I think they intend to use the zombies in the track cages to fight "the intruder"? Or whether for some reason they feel the need to start the race really really badly?
Persuasion check [jovial jibber jabber to find out intentions]: 21(7+14persuasion)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:59 pm

Keeping silent Zthulan merely draws his spear and follows Horizon's posing. Though while quickly spinning in the opposite direction, the shaman falls onto his back.

Initiative: 3
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 am

His invisibility having worn off, Rolf considered his options. While the cage was technically unlocked, he was NOT opening the door for that sulfur monster or whatever it was. A fight was clearly inevitable, but he had a plan to help keep things equalized for a little bit longer. He tried making his way over to the racing cages to try and seal the cage to the undead ogre (who would probably be the worst threat if released). While there was a chance that he would be seen, he had a plan for that as well.

Rolling Stealth...3 (1d20) + 6 = 9
Using Immovable on the lock to the undead ogre's cage (if possible). Duration is 10 minutes.
Rolling Initiative...13.
Note: Not entering combat yet. At least one more non-combat action planned (in theory).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Jeraylia is fairly certain the Thiefling wants the undead to finish the race, so they can then go out to assist them in the apparent upcoming fight. His immediate attention, though, is drawn to the bear assaulting his well-armed (and well-paying) comrades. as he rushes over there.

Though relatively unconvinced and still suspicious, the armed cultists find no objection to Horizon or Zthulan providing another weapon to use against the murder-bear that's coming right for them all (combat initiated - fight #1).

Rolf succeeds in blocking the undead ogre's door, but his magic, coupled by his lack of disguise, causes him to be easily noticed by the men operating the cages.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be here! Intruder! Get him!"

The two cultists finish up opening their two cages, then rush with the third to go after Rolf (combat initiated - fight #2).

The crawling zombie exits its cage, and slowly but surely crawls towards its victim on the other end of the track. The Dragonborn exits his cage, and though blind, manages to stumble in the right direction.

Right, since you all are sort of in two different places / sort of distracted from each other, there's two fights! One near the track, the other near the other cages. Once you choose to regroup (all revealing themselves, or something similar), the combatants of both fights will merge into a single big brawl (effectively getting everyone near the track).

Battle initiatives:

Fight #1:

Fight #2:

And since two of the track cages have opened, the race now begins! The Crawler Zombie will reach it's helpless victim in about 6 rounds, moving at the end of each round. The Dragonborn can reach his in 4 rounds in the same manner, but due to blindness has to flip a coin or not advance at all. Both can be targeted by combat abilities of those in the "Track Fight" (and the others will be able to, when they merge the fights or otherwise get close to the tracks), but don't count as adjacent to anything. Dazing, stunning, blinding, or other status effects may delay them.

Current race 'position':

As the bear charges, one of the armed cultists takes opportunity of this to land a straight & solid blow right on its head, dazing it for a moment.
Combat - Fight #1:
The duo at the track cages assault Rolf with their bare arms.
Combat - Fight #2:

It's Horizon's turn and Jeraylia's, respectively for their own battles.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm sorry, but would you mind moving the thiefling to our fight? I'm going to make my entrance.

"Actually, you know what, I changed my mind," Jeraylia says, extending her leg and tripping the Thielfing as he rushes past. She dart up from her chair and pulls down her hood. "I think I will join in. Surprise, it was me all along. Catch me if you can." She gives him a raspberry and vaults over the race track railings. Pulling off her glove she holds her scabbard strangely as she runs towards the crawling zombie. Finally making a flip over it, she unsheaths her sword, drawing blood from her own hand and slicing the zombie all in a fluid arc. Landing, she continues toward Rolf and the other Cultists.

Combat: Fight #2:

Attempting to taunt zombie/s with my blood. Also Thiefling with my words.
Result: Thiefling Cultist subjected to Mocking Melody. Crawler Zombie dealt 6 damage and subjected to demand duel effects.
Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, the crawling zombie can't exactly reach/attack you (its confined to its track), so unless you explicitly allow it to do so by standing still inside its track (if you do this, expect vuln to be applied to you - but it would delay it from continuing), it will continue the race and ignore you. Same for the dragonborn, though for him you wouldn't need to stand still (no vuln) - he's just blinded. Thiefling switch is okay, though. Logic wise, think of it as the fight occurring next to the track and you taking ranged pot-shots at the zombies. You'd have to enter their tracks for them to actually attack you. So tell me if you're letting a zombie attack you to delay it, and which zombie.

Initiative order, post Jeraylia:

Fight #1:

Fight #2:

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:14 am

I think it's safe to say my first move will be Gather Energy. I'll come replace this with a proper post later.

Horizon takes a read of the other fight breaking out nearby. He couldn't afford to make a move to help the others for risk of blowing his cover. However, while he cant actively fight against the cultists, he decides to let the bear do as much damage as possible to them before going down, so his job would be easier. The cultists would fight with him. The Bear would not.

Talent list:
turn:

Last edited by Bronymous on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:55 am

OOC: Swapping out Magic Missile (Fireball) for Gather Energy. And here's proof of ridiculous rollage.

Rolf took his lumps from the cultists. Luckily, that armor he picked up from the armory was negating some of the damage.
Damage:
"So, who wants to see a magic trick?" Rolf pulled out his cudgel and summoned his Thunder Hammer.
Minor Utility:
"See, THIS is how you hit someone." Rolf brought the hammer down on the first cultist who hit him, then sent some sparks around himself for shielding. This was how the adventurers in those bar stories did things, right?
Standard Attack:
Most bar stories, however, didn't involve wizards sending too much magic into their conjured weapons. Rolf's eyes widened as the head of the hammer seemed glow just a bit too brightly. "No, no, no, no, NO!" Rolf yelled as he widely swung his weapon, sending two bursts of plasma into the cultists.
Special Move:
Summary:
Stats:

Last edited by Lyntermas on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 am

TC1, TC2, TC3 are bloodied.

The bear, dazed and enraged, makes a swipe for it's attacker, but doesn't land a murderous blow. The remaining two cultists then both attack it simultaneously, but their attacks merely enrage the beast. It then lashes out with another furious swipe, with enough force to catch Horizon and both of the cultists, inflicting damage equivalent to a collision with a runaway cart.

Fight #1:

Meanwhile, the Thiefling laughs. "You charlatans call that magic? I'd say it needs a bit more vim and vigor to it!", he yells, launching a bolt, seemingly made of blood, straight for Rolf, whilst his allies assault him directly. The magic of the bolt not only harms him from the impact, but causes his blood to magically (and painfully) jut out of his veins and into the open wounds of the Thiefling's attacking allies, invigorating them.

Fight#2:

As the heroes battle on, the race continues... Or rather, the crawling zombie advances, as the blind Dragonborn stumbles into the fence without advancing.

Race:

Note: might retcon the race advancing depending on what Jeraylia does. It's Zthulans and Jeraylia's turn, for their fights.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 pm

I think I might as well just try caging the zombie, now I've spent so much effort on it XD.
Athletics check (previous turn instead of demand duel): 18 (10+8 )

Jeraylia, after leaping over the railings, proceeds to kick the crawling zombie in it's face, attempting to send the half bodied monster back into it's den. She then jumps for the lever that operates the cage, ignoring the cultist that tries to stop her.

Result: Spent second action last turn plus this turn to do random stuff instead of fighting XD. 5 damage I took last turn from TC3 was reduced by 4 due to armour.
Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Rather than blow their cover by healing only Horizon and possibly the bear, Zthulan rushes over and hands a water skin to Horizon.  Muttering softly he tells Koras to wait before striking the cultists or the bear.

Combat:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 am

Rolf winced as the bolt of blood struck him. "Alright, got to admit, that one hurt. It's a pity that you cultists hit like tiny little girls, though." Rolf was actually more annoyed regarding his spilled blood healing the cultists rather than the pitiful damage they dealt.
Damage:
"See this half-sphere of electricity? It's not just for show." Rolf's lightning shot out small bursts of electricity back at the Thiefling and the 2 cultists who had attacked him.
Lightning Shield:
"Still, if it's vim and vigor you want, try this on for size." Rolf raised the Hammer over his head and created a large ball of lightning. He then launched the ball at the cultists, where it bounced between them like a pinball.
Standard Attack:
Summary:
Stats:

OOC: Hope somebody heals me soon.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Summary)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 pm

The first armed cultist lands another blow against the bear, one weaker than the last one.

Fight #1:
Rolf's attack manages to fry a hole in one of the cultist's chest, and knocks another straight to the ground. "Going all in, are we? Risky when you don't even know what the odds are.", he says, licking his wounds of his blood, then reciting another vile-looking spell. This one, rather than materialize a projectile, channels a link of energy between the Thiefling and Rolf. The magic causes Rolf's already-cursed blood to swirl, churn, and clot within his veins, causing excruciating, incapacitating pain. "I can handle this one. You go for that Deva! She's ruining the competition.", the Thiefling barks at his remaining cultist, who goes after Jeraylia. Jeraylia's attempts to enclose the Crawling Zombie, whilst successful, left her with a nasty bite wound, as well as assaulted by the cultist, whom she enters a struggle with.

Fight #2:

Whilst the Crawler Zombie is caged, the Dragonborn manages to orient itself properly, and advances closer to the victim.

Race:

Initiative recap for fight #2:
TC2
Jeraylia
Rolf
Thiefling

Horizon and Jeraylia's turns.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Going to use misdirect on the Zombie's attack, since I guess it looks like I can save my aria for later.

Misdirect:

Jeraylia's kick dislodges the zombie's jaw and send it flying towards the remaining track cultist, leaving a nasty gash as it collides. Not slowing, the cultist attempts to tackle her. She takes a heavy shoulder, but fends him off and looks for an opportunity to strike.

Combat=Fight #2:
Result: Redirect 5 damage I would have taken to TC2. Take 9(5+4vuln) ongoing damage from struggle. Think up witty line.
Jeraylia:
Would ongoing damage be single target damage? And would it be the end of round now, and vuln end, if the zombie attacked me around my turn last round?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 am

Wow, such crazy, so pain.

Horizon, having underestimated just how badly the bear could and would kill him as he nearly gets knocked to the ground. Recovering, he takes Zthulan's health... water, and takes a swig. He could feel something familiar and unwanted creeping at the back of his mind, so he redoubled his focus and decides killing the bear is probably a really good idea.... unless....

The Bear could fight for him, and WOULD fight for him. All he needed was a little fear. Horizon feels for that presence he was hoping to stave off,  for once willingly allowing it in. "Oh, isn't this a surprise. Get a little taste, and you can't get enough of it, hmm?" Horizon couldn't even respond as his mind flooded, possessed by the Demon once again, and that will, that possession flowed forth, grabbing hold of the Bear's primitive thoughts, instincts, and fear.

Horizon did not move as all of this happened, making no indication as to his intent, short of a subtle look to Zthulan as the Demon took over.

Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 am

"GAHHHH!" Rolf screamed in pain as the Thiefling's spell paralyzed him. His magic couldn't free him from his bonds, but he had manged to stop the whole "blood heals his enemies" effect. "Jeraylia, I understand that you want to save those guys on the track, but could I get a little help here?"

Rolling for Save Ends:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:51 pm

The Thiefling, satisfied with Rolf's torment, turns his attention to perform a different grisly act - he channels more energy, but this time into one of the knocked-out cultists. The force of magic wakes him from his stupor, for just long enough to cry in agony, as most of his veins and blood vessels violently burst open, killing him instantly. The crimson lifeblood then flies and engulfs the Thiefling. "Hmh, not quite as invigorating. Truly weaklings. At least I get to keep your money. Now where was I? Oh, yes...", he says with a wicked grin, before expelling a shower of scalding blood droplets at both Rolf and Jeraylia.

Spoiler:

The Dragonborn Zombie once again advances in the "race", reaching halfway.
Race:

Jeraylia's turn. Horizon's too (gave him bear domination options via Skype, plus he's rolling stealth). Zthulan/Horizon may want to help the other team (I'll allow you do to enter/merge the fight "instantly" without turn skips, so you can help out)...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, the TC2 fisticuffs damage (4) would be resisted to 0.
Can I assume the dragon born is now far enough not to be counted in misdirects?
Misdirecting my Bane Breath damage
Misdirect:

Jeraylia sees the thiefling cultist raise his hands menacingly, and wrests the cultist railing against her in the way of the subsequent rain of blood, screening her from the majority of the liquid. She cringes as the cultist screams and falls limp in her hands.
"Sorry, Rolf. It looked like you were doing so well on your own, I thought it would be rude to interrupt. You were very manly swinging your hammer around. Take a quick breather. You're young and vigorous, right?" Keeping a hold on her makeshift meat-shield, she charges him into her other attacker, sending them all into a heavy tumble. "I demand a refund! This race was rigged! Granted, it was by me."

Combat=Fight #2:

Crit:

Save against Struggle: 16(14+2)
Save against ongoing5: 16(14+2)

Result: TC2 takes the 9 damage I would have taken from Bane Breath. Tf takes 4 damage from Invigorating strike and 2 damage from demand duel. I take 5 damage from ongoing.
I save against all things.
Rolf gains 5 temporary hit points.
Tf to my Demand Duel effects.
Due to Dazzling Performance, Tf must make an attack against Tf (or whatever). I guess a stray bolt could go flying off at the dragon born instead (the undead one, not Zthulan Razz).

Jeraylia:

Edit: Had my crit target mixed up.
Edit 2: Misdirection causing timestream issues.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Rolf couldn't defend himself as the blood droplets slammed into his paralyzed body. He felt he was on the verge of unconsciousness. Jeraylia's magic bolstered him a bit so that he might last a little while longer, but only just.
Damage:
Save Ends:
Stats:

OOC: Any additional healing or save ends assistance would be appreciated. Thanks for the help, BL.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:18 pm

The bear, knowing only primal, instinctive fear, and also knowing that killing what its afraid of is often the best choice, is not easily manipulated. Luckily, all Horizon had to do was focus its efforts towards the cultists, and let it do what it does best anyway.

Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 pm

The bear, forced into action, viciously hugs its the designated victim, leaving it helpless and deathly bleeding. The third cultist attempts to capitalize on the bear leaving itself exposed with a blow of his own, but only lands a weak blow. The bear then finishes off his helpless victim, bringing it down for good. None of the cultists appear aware of the demonic possession that temporarily took place. "Hey, don't just stand there like bozos you two, help us drive it off!", the first one rants.

Bear Fight:
The thiefling, annoyed by Jeraylia, fires off another bolt of blood in her general direction. His aim goes off, however, as it strikes the Dragonborn Zombie instead. Further frustrated, he takes out his anger on the previously-downed cultist, stealing his blood from his veins to empower himself again.  

Thiefling Fight:
The bolt does little to slow down the zombie, though, as it continues towards its victim.
Race:

Zthulan & Jeraylia's turn.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Oh, well, time to take a gamble on the zombie's blindness. In the spirit of the bet, after all.

"Wow, the cultist work ethos must be tough," Jeraylia comments, watching the blood pour out of the cultist. "It really sucks the life out of them. Maybe if you treated your subordinates better, the workplace might be a happier environment." She emphasizes this with a punch to the Thiefling's face. "Zefi! Open the doors of the prisoner's cages and point them to our stage exit. After that, do you think you could you hold back the last racetrack zombie for just a while? I can't seem to get away from my job right now."

Combat=Fight #2:
Result: Thielfing cultist takes 6 damage and is subjected to demand duel.
Jeraylia:

Edit: Asking Zephira to assist. Would Rolf know if elementals can get zombified O.o? Although, we've been bitten a few times, and are still alright... OR ARE WE?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 am

Slightly unnerved by Horizon's gaze continues watching with apprehension as the bear continues to fight.  "Actually, I believe the only thing that will be driven off is your cult." With a sharp whistle and flick of his wrist Koras lunges towards one of the cultists.  Horizon, I am not sure what is going on, but focus on the cultists, I may be able to get the bear to work with us.  As Koras and hopefully Horizon deal with the cultists Zthulan drops his spear and approaches the bear slowly with both hands opened.

Right now I regret not becoming a druid...

Perusasion to Calm SB and Koras:
Stats:

Last edited by Azarune on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 am

Sensing Zthulan's apprehension, Jeraylia sent a few calming words through the link. "A bear is just a hairy dragon." She let that sink in for a second before continuing,  "Just kidding, but seriously, I know you've got the heart to heal the beast. Its scared, hurt and tired; you must bandage its soul." A warm flow of confidence rushed down the mental line, a beaming ray of unfounded, brash assurance that filled Zthulan with certainty.

Just take my charity (using my spellchild trait).
Virtue: Charity - Magic (Target of Spellchild trait)
Provide a +15 bonus to an ally’s skill check.

Oh and why not assist roll (cos I'm a Team Player [tm])Razz
Assist if I can (persuasion): 28 (14+14).
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next