Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 11 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Zarhon Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Rolf easily "opens up" the male prisoner's cage, once again without notice.

Rolf deducts that the notion of directly controlling any of the undead creatures would depend on the magical affinity, skill, concentration, and/or Necromantic knowledge of the individual performing it, as well as whether one raised such a creature themselves, which usually provides them some degree of control. Zilean, for example, would almost certainly be able to control such undead beasts effortlessly, as well as wrest control of such creatures from others. As far as the cultists go, the inebriated ones are likely incapable to do so properly, but one of the other sober or armed ones might be, assuming they have some magical knowledge, and may have "raised" the creatures in the first place. Without any such magical controllers or "owners", however, the undead would likely either be uselessly idle, or become feral and ravenous to anything living, including "friend" and foe.

The southern guards are about to reach the party. They look rather ill-tempered, and appear to be checking and inspecting some of the armed cage guard's weaponry.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Alright, let's mingle!

Jeraylia strolls up to the leftover cultists at the tracks and strikes up a conversation using her fake accent. "So, what are the odds? The ogre looks like strong competition, but the dragon born has a leg up on him." She fights to keep disgust out of her voice, partially at the lame pun. She slams some coins down on the bar. "This rounds on me. Took if off a slave who wasn't gonna have much of a chance to use it." More cackling ensues.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Horizon, seeing the new group of cultists approach, and his plan slip away, maintains his demeanor and returns to stand next to the guards. "Well whatever they're doing. We'll find out, and then everyone can get on with the search, find the bad guy, and get on with our lives. Looks like they're checking weapons, though." He says this calmly, using it as an excuse to draw his kukri, as well as a single throwing knife, and then turns and waits for the group to arrive.

I think we can wait to make sure that the bluff won't hold up under scrutiny of the exact people who know who we are. I guess I'll put here, because I'm bad at this, have Zeppo tell Rolf to get ready with whatever he's planning to do.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 am

Keeping himself close to Horizon Zthulan watches the approaching group warily.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:09 am

"Next verse, same as the first," thought Rolf as he made his way over to the women's cage. While trying to do the same trick to the next lock, he tried sending a telepathic message through Zephryine to the others: "Unlocked the cage to the bear and the men. Working on the women's, might do the dog and hyenas if I can. Let me know when you need a distraction or jailbreak."

Magical Tricks, futsing with locks.
Rolling Stealth...3 (1d20) + 6 + 10 (Stealth) = 19

Rolf noticed the the new arrivals checking the armaments of the cultists near the gates. "Um, speaking of distractions, a few eyes away from the cages wouldn't hurt," he communicated.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Zephyria sends her messages between the party members.

Rolf just barely manages to finish altering the female prisoner's lock, before the guard moves to where he was standing. He continues standing there, blocking the "unlocked" door, but luckily remains unaware of Rolf or the tampering.

Several of the cultists whistle at Jeraylia's act (and presumably, her assets). "A new face! Well ain't you just a fine piece of work.", replies the Thiefling "bartender", robed purple like the rest. "Afraid we don't do drinks for all, unless you're betting for everyone. Odds are 1/2 for the Ogre, 1/4 for the Dragonborn, and 1/6 for Crawly. Free drink if you win! Which will it be, miss?", he ask, then leans in to whisper "If ask me, Crawly's got it covered - slow and steady wins the race, after all!"

The southern group arrive. They quickly call one of the cage guards over, as well as Horizon and Zthulan.
"All of you - let's see your weapons. No dilly-dallying."

(Note: As far as pocket money goes, assume you all have around 200 gold pieces, unless I gave you more earlier.)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Insight check XD Is that thiefling tricksing me?
Perception=18 (9+9perception)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 am

The guard blocking the entrance to the women's cage was a problem, but at least the door was unlocked. He decided to try the dog's cage next.
...Granted, the dog probably wasn't the most likely candidate for holding the cultist's attention if it got loose, but if Rolf was going to unlock all the cages, he had a very specific reason to save the hyena and tiger cage for last.

Magical Tricks on the dog's cage lock.
Stealth...14 (1d20) + 6 + 10(Stealth Mode) = 30
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:46 am

Jeraylia thinks the Thiefling is likely telling some truth in his words, but it's hard to tell which parts.

Roll perception, Rolf.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:37 pm

"Hmmm," Jeraylia hums in deliberation. "Thanks for the advice, but I've taken a liking to the Dragon Born. I can see the thirst for victory in his eyes. Figuratively speaking o'course. Put it all on him, just remember to point him the right way!"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm

"No trust me, we're in a bigger hurry than you are. Or maybe we're in the same hurry. Looking for the intruders too?" Horizon holds up the kukri and throwing knife. "Cool knife, huh? I got it earlier today, off some elf who thought himself fairly capable. He very quickly learned otherwise. I'm not sure where his corpse got to."

Bluff 16+12=28
(back me up here)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 pm

"We let it have fun with some street urchin this morning remember?  Give him a reward for being such a good sport for donating his weapon to the cause."  Hopefully to add some intimidation factor Zthulan pops out the blade of his spear and fiddles with the tip.

Bluff: 12 + 10(Persuasion) = 22
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:13 pm

"Dragonborn it is, miss! Alright everyone, all bets are off! Let's get this show running while we still can!", the Thiefling yells, gesturing to his comrades, who move towards the "track" cages, and begin fiddling around their mechanisms.

A few glances of the spear, kukri, as well as Zthulan and Horizon themselves, and the new arrivals whisper amongst each other. One of them then points to the duo, saying:
"You two - you're both coming with us. Nicely and quietly. And keep the cutlery away, where we can see it."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:47 am

"Wait, hold on a sec," Jeraylia says, gesturing to the rest of them. She points to the prisoner cages. "I think something's happening over there. No point starting this if we don't get to watch."

All true, I speak no lies.
I knew doing this would just push Zarhon to start the race Razz. Don't worry, I'm not planning on sending them all over XD.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:20 am

Rolling Perception...13 (1d20) + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 23 (w/ Magical Attunement)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:38 am

There is something magical about the dog. Furthermore, Rolf notices that the dog appears to be small enough to just pass between the bars of its "prison". There's also some kind of strong odor around it - it smells familiar, vaguely alchemical.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:59 pm

"Ohhhh, no, I recognize that tone. WE didn't do it. The big boss sent US, specifically, to get everyone looking for the intruders. He knows we aren't the saboteurs, so unless you're questioning his wisdom- which seems to be happening surprisingly more often than not tonight- then keep looking. Or, if you're determined to be stupid in front of the boss, wait a minute, let me finish my job FIRST, and then we'll go talk to him and let you deal with the consequences."

One last try to keep this painless:
18+12= 30
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 am

"I'm going to go see what's up," she says, springing off her bench. "Don't start without me!"

Plan delay race and maybe diffuse situation commencing! Side mission, don't exacerbate anything also is a go!
edit:Waiting for ooc response before making entrance/actually doing things.

Last edited by Broken Logic on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:40 am

Rolf was a bit curious as to the magical seeming dog. Possibly a golem? However, the more pressing concerns seemed to be the cultists interrogating his friends and the "race" about to begin. He quickly made his way over to the hyena cage and tried preparing the final lock. Once that was done, he'd step back a bit from the hyena cage and try to figure out what he could about the dog.

Magical Tricks on the hyena cage lock.
Rolling for Stealth...3 (1d20) + 6 + 10 (Stealth Mode) = 19.
Rolling for Arcana for the dog...19 (1d20) + 14 = 33.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:42 pm

"What, getting cold feet? We gotta go now, miss, or not at all, and I ain't offerin' refunds. Get it ready guys! We go at the count of thirty!", the Thiefling yells, gesturing to the men at the cages, who wave pieces of meat right next to the cage doors, attracting its undead inhabitants attention, presumably to "rile them up".

Rolf succeeds in "unlocking" the cage, but gains the attention of the hyenas, who appear to have sniffed him out. They start yowling around the cage door, which attracts the attention of the guard.
"What the heck's wrong with them now?", he mutters, moving over to them.

With a quick magical inspection, Rolf notices a slight 'shimmer' around the dog. There appears to be a illusion in place - whatever is in the cage is at least the size of a tiger, or some other animal too large for the bars. He also gains a modicum of recognition of the odor - it's that of a particularly unpleasant-smelling alchemical agent, but the name escapes him... It feels rather thick as well - smoky, almost.

The newcomers are silent for a moment, before their apparent leader replies: "Well what a coincidence! We're looking for a few rats as well. I'm sure you won't mind coming with us, then, since we're all on the same team. We won't get in the way of your barking. And then, when you're all nice and done, you can go back to the boss with us and report a mission accomplished. Any objections?"  

Less than a minute left on stealth mode.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:30 pm

"What's the rush?" Jeraylia says, throwing a dismissive wave. She pretends to look torn between going and staying. "Any second now?" she send across the mind link.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Broken Logic wrote:"What's the rush?" Jeraylia says, throwing a dismissive wave.
"What's the rush? Well, seems like the camp's going straight to heck, if those well-armed, red-stained individuals barking orders are any indication. Best to get this thing wrapped up before the Boss gets in his yelling mood, or real trouble goes barking up our door.", the Thiefling calmly replies. "Plus, we might need our 'racers'."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:47 am

Things were reaching a high point. The "race" was about to start, the cultists were getting suspicious of the hyena cage, and Rolf's invisibility spell was almost out.

Well, time for the show to start. "I'm starting the distraction. Everybody do their best to try and direct the cultists away from the exit point," Rolf sent through the mindlink.

Rolf used his telekinesis to open the doors to the bear cage and the hyena cage. Hopefully, that would shake things up a bit and direct attention away.

Telekinesis:

While waiting for the chaos to hopefully draw some cultists away from the prisoner cages, Rolf decided to try futzing with his red divination gem to see if he could make it see past the illusion the "dog" was projecting. It might be more hazardous to let it out if it was a real danger.

Magecraft:

Rolling Arcana...18 (1d20) + 14 = 32
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Finally calming down from the initial panic of being questioned, Zthulan notices the bloody covering over the mercenary's chest.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:46 pm

As soon as Rolf opens the Hyena and Bear cage, both rush out for freedom.

The hyenas start biting the guard that was near the door as a pack, distracting him as he's forced to defend himself. The zombie tiger continues eating his carcass within the cage.

The bear immediately rushes and mauls the guard next to his cage.
Suddenly bear:
The bear, irate from the violence, wounds and agitations committed against it whilst caged, performs a extremely efficient series of best-left-undescribed acts ultraviolence against it's warden, who was partially responsible for said agitations. Had any of the nearby bystanders not been too horrified, indifferent, or impressed by the acts to speak, they would probably say something akin to:
"NATURE WORKS IN GRUESOME WAYS..."

Quickly executing its target, the bear growls angrily at the remaining armed individuals in its vicinity.

"Hells bells! See, this is why we should have hurried! Open the cages and get over there!", the Thiefling yells, abandoning his stand to head towards the action. The cultists hesitate for a moment, but then rush to open the track cages.

Rolf fiddles with the gem, and succeeds in getting it's enchantment to work, partially - For a few brief moments, he manages to see that the "dog" appears to be a medium-sized, four-legged, black creature, and that there is some thick yellowish-black smoke around it. Unfortunately, that is all he manages to see before the gem cracks and breaks to pieces. Much to his chagrin, his invisibility spell then also runs out.

Alright! Everyone should probably roll initiative, even if you're not entering combat just yet. Tell me exactly what everyone is doing - entering combat, special actions, not combat, etc, so I can see how this Mexican standoff will go. One guard is super-dead, the other is busy playing with hyenas. All the other armed guards are surprised/horrified for a moment. Track cages aren't open just yet, but top men are on the job. Rolf is now visible/exposed, but nobody noticed him yet (can roll stealth if you want).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next