Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

+9
Deathstorm50
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Lapis-Lazily
mjh6
Colter Bolt
ZamuelNow
13 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 23 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Are the other markings anything like cutie marks? Just, ones not belonging to us?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 23 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Pretty much, though there's no way I'm going to detail all of those.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Hmmm... do Crystal Ponies have cutie marks?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:37 pm

Yes, they do.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:38 am

Jesus... 30 damage from the get go? If it wasn't for the increased health, we would of been one-shotted...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Okay, a few questions before I post:

Is my Forcefield prepared yet?

Would deploying the Forcefield cost a minor, or a standard?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:29 pm

*headdesk* Missed the forcefield activation OOC text. Edited my post to reflect that.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm just a bit confused. Is Diamond the only one in the combat or are we all in it?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:05 pm

The intent was that Diamond Dust would be doing the primary fight with combat mechanics while everyone else would have initiative and be using that for skill checks for disabling the enemy mech. Sorry for not clarifying better.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 pm

If I made a continuity error I continuity forgot ooc the details...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Do I have to wait for my turn in initiative to make my weather crafting roll?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 pm

No, go ahead. I think things got slightly off track since the mech is lower in initiative than Horsetron and Diamond Dust went. Rather keep things moving, though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Eeeeh, I wasn't sure what to do as my initiative is with the mechs'... but with that, I'll be making a post tomorrow.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 pm

are we still going with the initiative order? Cause since Diamond just went I guess that means it's the mech's turn?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 am

This current battle wasn't as clearly defined as it needed to be and some factors went into that. First, the enemy mech was originally supposed to attack while the ponies on foot were attacking. The overlap would give everyone something to do since it would be more overtly defined halves. Second, a lot of this didn't happen due to stalling due to Ancient Record. I was clinging hard to keeping the character and having a new player take on the role but it would have probably been faster and smoother to find a way to write Ancient Record out in some way.

So, I'm trying to plan how I'm going to handle all this. I was unemployed for a while and recently started a new job so that threw me off some as far as overall posting. But this battle just needed to be resolved with how long it's taking. I kinda exposed one of the problems with the theme of the campaign. Just bear with me.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed May 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I can wait... a lot of campaigns here currently have been grinding down... so I can wait.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm

It's okay, take the time you need. Hugs are available on request.

Also, congratulations on the new job!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 pm

While personally I think this entire place is slowly dying... but I still kinda want to carry on with this.

Also congrats on the job, may you find great prosperity.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:22 am

Your not the only one thinking that way... never knew the new system would kill this place...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:54 am

I personally think it is due the developers just up and leaving the community... also it wouldn't be so bad now if well at any point we actually had any degree of exposure inside the greater fandom...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

Well yeah, that's kinda of what I meant... without the developers, there's no new content to keep us interested, to keep stuff fresh.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:00 pm

There's a number of reasons, yes. The devs being busy is certainly one (I know Dan does game design work for companies now). The change of design goals and target audience between Pony Tales and Wanderlust certainly affected us. One of the bigger hits was no longer having comments in Friendship is Dragons from the devs basically advertising here. I remember joining this place after seeing a comment from Dan announcing the Talent Show Utility Pack. Now our main stream of advertisement is Newbiespud's Fallout is Dragon videos. There's a reason why so many newcomers that have come recently were looking for Skype games, and then left when they found out there wasn't any. The lack of new blood hits us hard...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:There's a number of reasons, yes. The devs being busy is certainly one (I know Dan does game design work for companies now). The change of design goals and target audience between Pony Tales and Wanderlust certainly affected us. One of the bigger hits was no longer having comments in Friendship is Dragons from the devs basically advertising here. I remember joining this place after seeing a comment from Dan announcing the Talent Show Utility Pack. Now our main stream of advertisement is Newbiespud's Fallout is Dragon videos. There's a reason why so many newcomers that have come recently were looking for Skype games, and then left when they found out there wasn't any. The lack of new blood hits us hard...

I'm trying to find the way that has the most constructive criticism to basically say, "Erm, yeah?" but I'm struggling to do so. I mean, the writing has been on the wall for a while and it has been directly commented that we need new blood and more discussion. While I more than encourage the dev team to focus on their main jobs, by far one of the happiest moments was hearing that mjh6 joined the dev team. It was a visibly active player/GM being added. It's got me thinking about various things. But as is, the forum feels dead. It was kinda sobering to wake up one day and realize I was GMing almost half the active campaigns here (on top of campaigns elsewhere).

As far as this campaign, I was hoping some posting would have happened since the battle ended. I badly need to restructure things and I need to verify if TheCalvary will still be taking up the role of Ancient Record or if I just need to finally write Ancient Record out of the script and shift things around. Similarly, have no clue where Dr Blight went to.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am

I'm lurking in the background watching things since I can't think of anything directly to add while we wait. Past few weeks have kinda been kicking my ass too, so that has a bit to do with it.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi, I'm still here too! Don't want the forum to die when I just joined the team.

Right now we're working on a monster building guide for Wanderlust (we got a lot of the structure made, but the numbers still need work) Maybe that will help shake things up.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next