Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof

+6
sunbeam
Paper Shadow
conantheghost
Lapis-Lazily
Crystalite
Copper Rose
10 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof - Page 6 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof

Post  Copper Rose Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Silver and Beams, after walking down a mostly suburban neighborhood with a few seemingly random businesses, come to a couple of subsequent bridges crossing valleys. The buildings across the second bridge are obviously businesses, if small, and there is a road going downhill and out of sight between the two bridges, which Silver knows leads to downtown and the water front.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:11 pm

"Okay, if we cross the bridges, we'll come across the library. Or we can head towards the waterfront. If I recall I'm sure that had a prominent part in one of the Sheerclop Homes books, and it looks wonderful at this time of day. Your choice Beams."

Last edited by Paper Shadow on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:19 pm

"Hypnosis? That's new" Sky Wolf muttered to himself from his seat in the corner, finishing his glass of water as he pondered what to do next. He didn't know much about hypnotism and it seemed that it was they key to this little puzzle/mystery there was. So, leaving the glass Sky Wolf got up off his seat and headed over to the bar, getting the bartender's attention before asking.

"Do you know how to get to a library from here?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:31 pm

"The library? Sure, just turn left right outside the door and continue straight over the bridges and you'll eventually reach the library. Or, if you don't see it, a sign pointing you in the direction of it."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Out of the blue an unicorn filly drops out of the sky and lands face first in the middle of the bridge. "Why me..."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Beams Brightly ponders the choices Silver Lining had given her.  "I think the library would be best.  It would be better to get used to a landmark within the city proper than one on the outskirts."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:32 am

(Zamuel, since you aren't in the skype group and thus out of the loop, Tyger rolled a new character, which just dropped out of the sky onto the bridge in front of us. Character Sheet here, ignore the first page as he didn't want to get rid of the old stuff...)

"Library it is then." Silver begins to cross over one of the bridges when he spots the filly drop out of the sky and crash. "Wait, was that a foal?" he asks...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 am

Beams doesn't fully register what Silver Lining said as she sees the foal land face first after appearing out of thin air. Snapping to attention, she immediately rushes over to attend to the young filly.  "Are you feeling any pain, discomfort, or injury, right now?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:54 pm

The only injury the filly sustained was a small scratch to the knee, even though she landed face-first on the concrete bridge.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:25 pm

The filly springs back up from where she lay prone already grinning as if such a set of events was everyday. "Nah I feel great really great actually haven't felt this good in years and years really. Thanks for asking giant pony. The name's Yuna by the way whats your's doc?" Yuna absently mindedly tries to scratch her ears accidentally bumping into her horn. Immediately a startled expression appears upon her face. "Horn? Horn is new horn is very very new as are hooves I do not remember ever having hooves and hooves plus horn equal unicorn... I'm a unicorn now? Am I going to miss being a rabbit? I don't know..."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 am

Beams stared in disbelief at the filly.  "Only light scrapes yet talking as if she has a concussion... Um, you said your name is Yuna?  My name is Beams Brightly but I'm a teacher, not a doctor.  Where are your parents?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 pm

"Its nice to met you Professor Brightly." Yuna pauses for a moment before tilting her head back crying out with a small river of tears. "I NEVER KNEW MY PARENTS!" Once again she pauses mental gears turning. "If you are asking for them I must be young looking... really young looking or maybe young really? I don't wanna go through puberty again and all that! I was am will be whatever 42 but going by relative lifespans between Viera and Ponies it would be convertible to somewhere in the tweens... Anywhere is there some place like a Library to find out about this place or find away to remedy this accursed shortness?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 am

"I think it would be better to get you to the hospital. I'm not a doctor and with what you're saying I want to make sure you're okay."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Momentarily the madness fades away from Yuna's voice as she looks Beams directly in the eye. "I assure you Miss Brightly everything I have said so far is entirely true. And Yes before you even ask I am that afraid of hospitals."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Beams sat and eyed the shorter pony for a bit, contemplating what all she said.  "For the moment, I shall take your word for truth.  However, I shall be accompanying you for the meantime.  We were just headed to the library so you might as well follow.  Silver, where did you say the library was again?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Crystalite wrote:"What are we supposed to do now, then? I wasn't supposed to meet anybody... I don't think..."

River looked back and forth between Daisy and Lavender. "...I don't suppose I could come home with you? Since you're apparently the only pony who knows me..."

She took a moment to examine herself again, suddenly becoming self conscious about herself. Most of the nicks and scratches had healed over; but she still looked rather dirty, and her coat was all mussed up. Her mane had fared better, but not much; the ends were starting to split and it was matted in places. "Such a mess..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:07 pm

"This way." Silver points in the correct way, and then leads the two...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 am

When the group reaches the library, they find that there are no immediately visible entrances on the street they are travelling on. There is, though, a clear sign between the building and the road that states it is the library. (Roll History to remember where the entrance is)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:50 am

Copper Rose wrote:When the group reaches the library, they find that there are no immediately visible entrances on the street they are travelling on. There is, though, a clear sign between the building and the road that states it is the library. (Roll History to remember where the entrance is)
(History Roll: 8 (Roll) + 5 (Skill) = 13)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Yuna immediately begins looking for a window or chimney.

roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 pm

(Roll Perception) "You want to stay with me? Sure, no problem." "Hey, forgetting someone?" "Oh, uh, right. You don't mind, right, Daisy?" "Of course not. It would certainly help with rent!" "And we have that extra room."

There is no chimney and no immediately visible windows, though a trail is noticeable along the side through the patch of trees.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 pm

A most curious puzzle presented itself to Beams as she looked over the building.  "There had to have been something in the travel guide about this. That or one of the Sheerclop Homes novels. It's right on the tip of my tongue..."

History Roll:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Beams remembers one of the books talking about how the main entrance to the public library for no apparent reason faces away from the main thoroughfare, but only because it was a minor puzzle that Sheerclop Homes was mentioned to be working on in one of the later books.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Beams waved for everyone to follow.  "This is just like in 'The Case of the Crystal Carriage Plans'! The front is actually in the back. Been a while since I read that one."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 am

"Oh. Sounds counter-productive, don't you think?" questions Silver Lining as he follows...

(Also, I will take this moment to remind everyone that Silver has Grandeur, so when you can see him you get +1 to your rolls...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next