Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 15 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:23 pm

That's what switch to natural meant. Okay.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 15 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  TheCavalry Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Sorry for the delay- anyway...

Yes. In more detail...
Your right, this isn't a controlled situation, and when Fairy isn't in control, her mask starts to fall apart. In this case, she woke up, with the events of the past however-long rather fuzzy; mentally, she's running in circles, trying to think if she said or did anything out of character, or gave herself away.

Added to that, she's woke up in a strange place, with a medical pony nearby... and it's already been pretty established she hates the medical ponies, since they are more likely to notice her biology being different. Sunlit might be doing nothing... or he might have examined her when she was sleeping, discovered her secret, and be preparing to vivisect her. The only reason she hasn't bolted is because there is a possibility that she hasn't been outed, and she'd prefer that.

As for the acting, I'd be okay with him doing a check to notice her behaviour. I think we talked about it earlier in the thread, but I imagine she doesn't like Sunlit for that reason; not only is he a medical pony- and therefore more likely to notice changeling v pony bodies- as an actor, he'd be more likely to spot her behaviour.

Her response at the end, therefore,is basically the vocal equivalent of dead air- as a statement, it means nothing. His response might tell her whether or not he knows what she is though, as well as giving her a second to work up a script- since she has such a GRAND and EXTRAVAGANT style of talking.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:18 pm

For the record, he's not an actor. He's really not, and you'd never guess he was by talking to him. It's just that his special talent is acting.

So, should we just roll something opposed? Perception vs. Presence? If so I got 18+15=33.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:14 am

Perception vs. Presence opposed roll sounds right.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 am

Presence [11] + d20 [13] = 24
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:20 am

Wait, as an emotional response, it's Empathy instead of Perception. Still the same end result though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:45 am

Yeah, my empathy is the same as my perception.

So 33 vs. 24. What do I learn?

At this point I should probably apologize for arresting the campaign for a few days just to make a skill check. Sorry about that.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Well, the rolls really should have been done in character/in the thread but oh well.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:49 pm

I didn't think of making it a post because it wasn't an active effort on my part. I wasn't focusing in and trying to read her face as she got up or anything. And I'm really not fond of posts that are exclusively rolls, and if I wasn't going to have to do that TheCavalry certainly was.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm

"Oh, woe is me! Feel sorry for me, Equestrians, and demonstrate thy sympathy (that I might feed upon it) for I am so terribly humiliated and ashamed!"

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:04 pm

A bit of a collective poke/bump. There's a few options here ranging from taking Light Burst up on her offer, getting Fairy Charmer back home safely, Winter & Summer conversing with Birthday Cake (though APW has been admittedly absent, Marvel interacting with the rest or returning to work, or more.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:35 pm

I feel I should repeat that Summer's parents are not Winter's parents, even officially. Officially, Winter is Summer's orphaned cousin.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:39 pm

OOC, I know that. Plus, Light Burst is probably using it in the more vague sense. Especially since this is a close knit small town where some may not be offended by a friend or close relative being called their parent.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 pm

YEah, but as it turns out, Winter isn't one of them.

Also, would anyone consider switching over to Wanderlust combat? Fury was the one really against it, and he isn't here anymore.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm fine with swapping to WL combat but the final decision is up to you guys. Tabletop combat rules might have been interesting but this is a really slow campaign that probably wouldn't get to capitalize upon it much or even see it much. Also, while some of the characters may be quirky, none of them seem like general playstyles that couldn't be done in WL.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:26 pm

endurance check
11+3=14
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14 pm

sunbeam wrote:However, since literally every other character is going to bed, I completely understand if we just want to move on.

Are they? I figure some may be active since this is a Friday night in-game.

Sunset Stroll says, relieved that the crisis had been sorted out so quickly.

Pending on how the cure is administered.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Crystalite wrote:"To' yah," Marvel said around the Zap Apple. "He' 'e wor' 'is mow' o'hen," she continued, pointing at the little pegasus, unconscious on the table.

Wut?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Marvel is an Earth Pony, and had a Zap Apple in her mouth. To get those lines, I stuck an apple in my mouth and tried to talk around it. That's what I ended up.

Translation:
Marvelous Misfortune wrote:"Told you. Help me work his mouth open."

As for the issue of timeskipping, maybe Sunbeam and I could get on Skype for conversation, and transcribe it here? That way we can get it done without holding up anyone else.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Well at this point it's looking like a long night for us no matter what. And I have a hunch Summer is going to be staying nearby.

Say, what's everybody else doing while we're working?

Also, it's an unconscious colt. How hard can opening his mouth be?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Having had to pry open a sleeping child's mouth (Usually the wake up and it suddenly becomes easy), I imagine an unconscious one is even harder (Because they don't wake up). Now imagine trying to do it with your fists, with a piece of fruit in your mouth, that you must then drop into the mouth you're trying to pry open with your fists.

Being an Earth Pony is hard. Why don't we have Zap Apple in juice form? Then we could just jam a (needless) syringe between his teeth and squirt it in. Probably safer that way anyways. In fact, I think Marvel is going to suggest that...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Well don't try to cram the whole thing in, he'll choke. Getting it open enough to get small pieces in shouldn't be too hard.

Also, is she really the sort of pony to suggest things instead of doing them?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:49 pm

sunbeam wrote:Well don't try to cram the whole thing in, he'll choke. Getting it open enough to get small pieces in shouldn't be too hard.

Also, is she really the sort of pony to suggest things instead of doing them?

If she isn't sure where the tools to do it are, then yes. I imagine she would know where the syringes are, but a juicer of some kind or another might be a little more obscure.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:30 pm

So did summer ever actually block off the entrance like I suggested?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Sorry fellas- some computational bugs needed ironing out, hence the absence.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next