Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic Empty Fever Enigmatic

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:13 am

The sun peaks over the horizon as a new day dawns.  The warm spring air wafts a gentle scent of the latest crop as ponies set out for the day that awaits.  It's a beautiful Friday and everything is bright.

With the diner just now opening, the regulars show up with a mix of bits and potential favors to barter for breakfast.  Not that many there surprisingly but that's oka...
"GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!"
Oh.  Tuesday means that Light Burst was here and...vocal.  Still, she tends to bring big funds along with her big enthusiasm so Summer Wishes can survive a few damaged decibels as the order is taken.

The past week in the clinic was pretty uneventful.  Injury was far more common than illness in the town and it seemed nopony had suffered even small nicks or scrapes.  Sunset Stroll was making preparations for the morning shift when he heard a knock on the door.  One of the Glow Triplets, Copper Glow, was standing there with an annoyed expression.  The off white pegasus mare with a mane than matched her namesake seemed to have a toaster stuck to the side of her face.

"Ten minutes."

Despite being born in town, Dulce Baya didn't sound like it.  Her parents moved from Las Pegasus and their accent could be heard through her.  Her comment meant she spotted somepony new to town heading in the direction of Birthday Cake's establishment.  Might be a customer...or not.  Despite technically being a competitor, Dulce Baya was more than willing to stop by and give a warning in case of trouble.

OOC:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sun May 18, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:46 am

Summer really wasn't much of a morning pony, but she managed to shuffle over to her, and say "Morning. What would you like this time, Light Burst?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:54 am

Sunset Stroll successfully represses a laugh and says "Well, then. Today should be an interesting day. Come on in, and I'll see what I can do for you. What were you doing prior to your...predicament's presentation?"

Last edited by sunbeam on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:24 pm

"Uh-oh, customer!" Birthday said to herself in mock-horror, and not very horror at that. "Thank you kindly, dear. Things going okay at your shop?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Upon her order being requested, Light Burst switched to her indoor voice. "Just the usual, large order of waffles with bushmelon syrup.  I'll be paying today since I'll be busy later.  How's your day going?"

Copper Glow muttered briefly.  "I was just...returning...the toaster to Fluffy Crust. ThenIsneezed...Look can you get this off my face or not???"

Dulce Baya idly looked around as she responded. "For the most part, things have been fine.  I've learned not to go over Fluffy Crust's for tea.  The parts of the ceiling have a tendency to want to say 'hello' to your head.  I'd say that house should be condemned but it seems fine for when it's just her."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Summer gave a half smile, then remembered she was at work, and smiled much wider. "Been fine so far. Day just started, so who knows how things are going to happen."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:08 am

"Hopefully yes, but I'll have to be careful about it" Sunset Stroll replies, leading Copper Glow inside so that she could sit down. Sunset then gently applied pressure to the toaster, pushing it away from Copper Glow's face to get a better look at the bonded region. "So why did you need to borrow a toaster?" He asks.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:06 pm

"Oh my, yes, I do know what you mean," said Birthday, shaking her head a few times in wonderment, sympathy, and partially just as something to do. "Can't spend a minute over there without wondering if you've crossed under any ladders recently! Well, once again, thank you for the heads up, dearie, and don't let me hold you up, now. Would you like something to nibble on before you go? I've got freshly baked croissants..."

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:09 am

"Well, I saw a new family moving in earlier.  A mare about your age was there so I miiiiiiight have suggested they stop by here.  No better way to start the day than good food and a smile!"

When Sunset Stroll touched the toaster, he felt a painful static shock.  "Routine repair.  No big deal."

OOC Sunset Stroll:

Dulce Baya chuckled as she walked out. "No thanks, I'll be fine.  Other towns wish they had 'competition' like this.  See ya."  After some time passed a pale pink pegasus mare walked in and started looking around without saying a word.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 am

"Odd." Sunset says, grimacing and blowing on his hoof. He goes to a cabinet and pulls out a pair of rubber gloves, then returns to Copper Glow's side. Before putting the gloves on, he gently touches Copper Glow's forehead, expecting another static shock.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 am

"Oh, then I hope they'll stop by" Summer said somewhat absently.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 am

"Hello there!" Birthday Cake said in about her second-cheeriest voice; her cheeriest voice was beyond her on all but her best of days, but it wasn't like her second-cheeriest was dour or anything. "Welcome to The Party, finest bakery in Equestria!" A couple steps closer to this pony. "You searching for anything in particular, now? We've got freshly baked croissants just waiting for somepony to try them!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:02 pm

"So what's that cousin of your's up to?  Don't see him out and about all that often."

Sunset Stroll received a shock of equal strength when he touched Copper Glow's forehead.

Without looking at Birthday Cake, the pegasus simply replied, "How much for The Party?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 am

"More than y'all have," Birthday responded tersely, more a gut reaction than anything. Didn't change the fact that she was rather rankled at the moment. How dare this pegasus come in here and just...ask something like that? And without a moment to spare to actually say something to her, why, she could just...gurgh. "Will there be anything else?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 am

"The toaster is physically attracted to your face, without any substance in between, which is weird. The attraction is probably caused by the electric current running through both of you, so it might go away if I can disrupt it. However, I have no idea how to 'ground' an object, especially as you're not wearing horseshoes, so standing should ground you. I'm going to try pulling it away from your face, so please stand your ground for a moment." Sunset says, donning his rubber gloves and gripping the toaster before pulling gently but firmly.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 am

Summer  worked on keeping her tone casual."Oh, he's just very shy. Likes to stay inside, not interested in a lot of big events. And he's had a bit of catching up to do in school, so he's been busy with that, too."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm

"That's a shame that he's not interested in any events.  Figured he'd be looking forward to the big one next week.  Oh well.  Guess I better let you go.  Not like you can just magically cook with conversation.  Or wait...can you?" Light Burst tilted her head in curiosity.

With a little effort, the toaster came off with a noise similar to pulling a suction cup.  The lights flickered briefly but otherwise everything seemed fine.  Copper Glow gave a nervous smile as she started to back towards the exit.  "Well, thanks for the doctoring, doc. OhlookatthetimeImustbegoingseeya..."

The pegasus still didn't make eye contact with Birthday Cake. "Oh, I doubt the price is too high.  I specialize in property acquisition so I'm quite sure I could make you an offer.  This whole town is prime real estate.  By purchasing this location, you'd have better financial breathing room for franchising.  The smell within a 800 meters of the store indicates you have a quality product so why would you not want to take that to the next level?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Sunset Stroll watches as Copper Glow left, then looks down at the toaster. He puts it down on the counter just long enough to jot down a "back in 5" sign, then picks it up and darts into Bitter Medicin's flat to grab two slices of bread. He returns to the front desk, removes his sign, and places the bread in the toaster without plugging it in. After that, he finally returns to finishing the morning setup, occasionally glancing back at the unplugged toaster. When finished, he goes over and touches the toaster experimentally, without his gloves on.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:05 am

...prime real estate?

That...didn't twig right with Birthday Cake. It didn't even quite bark right, or stick. No, twigging right was completely out of the question.

The mare pondered her next phrase carefully, hoping the pegasus before her would take her hesitation as a sign that she might be considering it and not a sign that she was attempting to reel in her anger before somepony got hurt. Somepony being this pony, this annoying little...calm down, Birthday, clam down. "Listen, Ms...?" as she said this, Birthday craned her neck ever-so-slightly, designs on catching just a glimpse of the pink pony's cutie mark.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:16 am

"Well, I'm not the one cooking it, but I probably should give Dad your order soon. What event was that again?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm

"Surprised you haven't heard of it but I guess you've been busy with all that crazy magic stuff.  Don't worry, I've got fliers for days." From her hair she pulled out a flier describing a race sponsored by...somepony.  Light Burst really needed to work on making things more legible.  Surprisingly more fine print than usual.  It would take some work to read it.  Summer's father, Falling Leaf walked out with Light Burst's order.  Perhaps the one benefit of Light Burst's "indoor voice".  As the excitable mare started to devour her food, a family of unicorns nervously walked in and started to look around.

When Sunset Stroll touched the toaster, he felt a much lighter static shock. It gave an out of tune 'ding' as half toasted toast shot into the air, bounced off the ceiling, and landed on the counter.

The pegasus had a pale yellow cutie mark in the shape of a percent sign. "Treasure Plan.  Well, as a businessmare myself I know time is money so I'll let you think things over.  While the croissants smell delicious, I've already eaten.  Until we meet again..." She then walked out, still not making eye contact.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Sunset Stroll eyes the toast, then idly picks up a piece and starts munching on it. After a few bites, he reinserts the other piece of toast and pushes down the switch again, then goes back to eating toast and watching the door.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Summer hurriedly put down the flier, picked up several menus, and rushed to help seat the family, wondering if this was the family Light Burst  had been talking about. "Welcome! Anywhere you'd prefer to sit?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:13 pm

"Grrrrr...OOH!" Brithday Cake threw her hooves into the air and stomped them back down as soon as...that pony...left. "Stars and Sun, what the hay does a pony hafta do to make these ponies comprehend you ain't gonna sell yer business!" A shaking sigh, and the baker attempted to remove herself from herself in order to give herself some advice. "Alright, alright, Birthday, sugar, calm down...can't let one pony ruin your whole day...even if she was the most stuck-up sorta...no, no, gotta keep calm...even though I got half a mind to go after her and let her know what I really think of her, the rude little..."

Then, mumbling curses, annoyances, and the occasional threat under her breath, Birthday walked back over to the counter and sat down. What time was it, anyway? She needed a break, either lunch or just closing up for the day...

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 am

The family looked mildly nervous at first but calmed down.  Three unicorns of a deep blue hue.  The mother had a crimson mane while the father and daughter had pale grey manes.  Finding a seat they looked over the menu.  The father then spoke up, "What would you suggest?"

Sunset Stroll found that the toaster didn't restart a second time.  The toast simply sat in the toaster unattended.  After a while, Fluffy Crust poked her head in the door and looked around until she saw Sunset.  "Morning! Um, I believe Copper Glow said you had my toaster.  It's not sick is it?" There was a surprising lack of irony in her voice.

The clock on the wall read 8:11 AM.  Things were rather quiet for a while afterwards.  Eventually, Lustrous Ivy trotted in the door with the twinkle in her eye that indicated she was in the mood for gossip. "Darling, I just had the oddest customer in my shop.  I think she may be a newcomer to town since she seemed to be gearing up to settle down. Oh my...you look a little under the weather.  How has your day been, darling?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next