Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 2 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Summer sighed inwardly. She always felt weird giving recommendations. "Well, the french toast is pretty good."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:44 pm

"Oh, hello, Ivy," Birthday Cake perked up, and even felt like she meant it. Nothing like somepny you could trust to get you back on your hooves. "I'm fine, just fine, don't you worry now, just tryin' to keep a lid on a bad encounter this morning." She shook her head, slowly lowering it onto the counter without, perhaps, realizing it. "I swear, some ponies don't know how to take 'I'm not selling the shop' for an answer..." Her voice was a bit growly at this, but it wasn't directed at Lustrous Ivy, she hoped was obvious.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 pm

"Not at all. Metals are resilient like that. I was actually planning on coming by your house once Bitter Medicin got back, so you saved me some trouble." Sunset replies, smiling. "The toaster was...electrocuted, somehow, without being plugged in, and this attached it to Copper Glow's face, for some reason. You probably don't want to mention that particular detail to her, it seemed like it was an experience she's trying to forget. In any case, Do you have any idea what might have happened to your toaster to make it electrically attracted to a pony's face?" He continues, pulling out his other half-finished piece of toast and pushing the toaster towards Fluffy Crust. "Speaking of, would you like a piece of warm bread? At the moment, I don't think you need to worry about your toaster attaching itself to other pony's faces, but I have no guarantee the problem won't resurface when it's plugged in. If it does, I suggest you make some more toast."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

"I guess it'll be a french toast and water for each of us."  Afterwards was an awkward silence.

Fluffy Crust walked over and sniffed the toaster.  She then lifted it with her magic and inspected it.  "Well, it wouldn't toast anything so I figured one of the Glows could fix it.  Maybe they fixed it too well.  I guess I'll stop by here next time my stove acts up."  She paused for a moment with a look of profound thought.  "Um... Who do you call when you or your toaster get sick?"

Lustrous Ivy gave Birthday Cake a big hug. "Rude as it may be, try to think of it as a compliment, darling.  They want it since it's such a great thing.  Don't dwell on it too much.  I want to know if you've heard about this new arrival.  A pink pegasus with this peculiar way of looking around the room.  She seemed too assertive to be shy but she didn't talk much."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Sunset Stroll chuckles. "I don't own a toaster. When I get sick, my own diagnosis usually isn't bad, and I'm sure Bitter Medicin makes an excellent second opinion. What exactly does your stove do when it's sick? If it can set things on fire, we probably shouldn't keep it here."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Summer hurriedly put down the order, and went to where she gave orders to the kitchen "Got three orders of french toast and water, Dad."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Lustrous Ivy gave Birthday Cake a big hug. "Rude as it may be, try to think of it as a compliment, darling.  They want it since it's such a great thing.  Don't dwell on it too much.  I want to know if you've heard about this new arrival.  A pink pegasus with this peculiar way of looking around the room.  She seemed too assertive to be shy but she didn't talk much."

Birthday Cake gratefully returned the hug, smile perking like coffee - and my, did she feel energized. Not necessarily better, but perhaps a bit of emotion-expressing was a doable task at this juncture. "Well, sorry to say that I do know her." She pulled away from the hug, not a push, but a natural ending. "Pegasus called Treasure...ooh, somethin' or other, can't quite get a hold of it, but she came into my shop and she refused to look me in the eye even as she up and asked me whether my shop was for sale! OOH!" A stomp of the hoof, not loud, but the carpeting sure felt it. "Guh, what does a mare in this town have to do to let ponies know she ain't sellin' - get a sign or somethin'?"

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, you didn't come down to hear me fussin' about, now did you? Let's see now...can I get you some croissants? MY last batch has probably finished coolin' down, maybe a bit too much, but gimme a minute and I can whip up another batch!"

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Swiftly, Falling Leaf set about making the order. He had a secret recipe to the french toast that gave it a unique local flavor.  While sitting the toast, syrup, and water on the serving tray, he commented.  "Light Burst mentioned ponies moving into town.  Might want to see what we can do to make them feel welcome." When Summer Wish returned to the table, the daughter quietly looked up.  "Not many unicorns here, are there?"

"My oven's never gotten sick thankfully.  Well, thank you for your help."  As Fluffy Crust stepped out, Midnight Clover calmly stepped in. "And a wonderful morning to you, Sunset Stroll.  I was coming to speak with Bitter Medicin about the upcoming event but I'm guessing she's out for the moment."

Lustrous Ivy looked slightly ashamed. "Since she both bought a bowtie and got a mane cut, I gave her a discount.  Might not have done that if I knew she was giving you trouble."  She then perked up, "I will say, croissants sound lovely, darling.  I'll probably just get the ones already made since I really should be minding the shop.  Was so excited to tell you about the new arrival but it seems she's not so neighborly after all."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Summer erplied awkwardly, "Not a lot, but there are some," Suddenly she remembered the flyer Light Burst gave her "Oh, if you want to meet ponies there's a big event coming sup in about a week!Just a moment." Summer quickly went to retrieve the flyer, while surrupitously giving it a closer look to see what it was about specifically.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 am

Sunset Stroll smiles back at the stallion. "Yes, but she said she's be back soon. How has your morning been?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:44 pm

A shake of the head, a small smile on the face, and Birthday was ready once more to face the day. Having friends was a good thing, as the lesson she'd learned and relearned a dozen times shone through once again. Ms. Cake certainly looked a lot sunnier, at any rate. "Well, I suppose neither of us should be judging her too harshly, at any rate - just because I've had a bad time with businessponies in the pastis no reason to take things out on her, after all. Now, sugar, I've got altogether too many croissants on my hooves, and heaven forbid I let any of them go to waste, so!"

With nothing more apparent than a step near the counter and a flick of the wrist, a pan of croissants appeared, as if by magic - or simply enthusiasm, which of course has a magic all its own. "Take as many you like, no limits, paper bags are available, and I will not take no for an answer! Might not seem like it, but you've been wonderful, simply wonderful at getting this old mare out of her funk and back on her hooves, so all I'll ask in return is a teensy-tiny discount next time I stop over to get my mane done - that's my final offer, no budging, now."

Birthday Cake wasn't quite that good at bouncing back quickly, but there was no reason to let Ivy know that - especially when she so clearly meant well, after all.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:34 am

Scrawled across the bottom of the flyer in exceedingly small writing was a description of a race through an obstacle course, an apple toss (complete with smiley faces noting that unicorn magic is allowed), and a stunt competition.  All of this is sponsored by a 'Treasured Abode LLC' which is odd since Light Burst usually wrote her own name with a catchy slogan.

Midnight Clover made himself comfortable on one of the waiting benches. "Been feeling good.  Got a few new arrivals moving into town so that's always a good thing.  Still need to help Light Burst with a few preparations.  How about you?  Keeping your mind...clear?"

After brief hesitation, Ivy then took a half dozen croissants and headed towards the door. "It'll be more than a tiny discount, darling.  Later today or another time?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:51 am

"I suppose so. It's been a quiet few days around here, so there's not an awful lot to keep me occupied." Sunset Stroll replies. "Honestly, the most interesting thing that's happened to me recently happened earlier today. Copper Glow came in with a toaster magnetized to her face!"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 pm

"Let's say tomorrow," Birthday Cake waved, cheerful. "Stop in again any time you like, sugar!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Summer brought the flyer over. Knowing how difficult it was to read even for somepony familiar with Light Burst's writing, she said, "In a week, there's going to be an athletics competition on the big practice field. Even if you don't want to compete, watching is fun," Summer remembered Winter's first big athletics competition, and how he spent most of the event trying to hide in the bathrooms and avoiding the crowds. "It's not for everypony, but if you want to meet new ponies...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:40 am

Something akin to a smile spread across her face.  "Thanks.  I-I hope it's fun."  As the family ate in silence, Light Burst bolted out of the door.  As usual, she left her bits on the table in a way that formed a smiley face.

It never failed.  At some point in the day, Apple Bright would always misplace her glasses.  However, today had something new from Winter Dream's usual routine.  It seemed the class had a new student, though he wasn't formally introduced.  However, with it being time for the midday break, all the other foals seemed to want to know who the foal was.

Midnight Clover looked on inquisitively. "I wonder how she managed that.  I'm guessing she didn't volunteer what led up to it?"

After Ivy's departure, things were rather quiet.  It was almost time for break when Fairy Charmer walked in the door.  She must have been there to pick up the order Glorious Morning made yesterday.

Another strenuous day working the field.  Glorious Morning and the other earth ponies made it look so easy but they were also very grateful for the help Fairy Charmer had provided in the time she had been in town.  Glorious Morning had decided to treat everyone to a midday brunch and requested that Fairy Charmer pick it up from The Party.  As the usual scents wafted from the bakery, Fairy Charmer knew there would be a midday break soon if she didn't get there quickly.

It was only supposed to be temporary.  The town was described to be warm, friendly, and accommodating.  The things that should make staying there rather pleasant.  But it was only supposed to a temporary place for Marvelous Misfortune to stay.  Bad Luck had wanted to take care of something that had come back from his past, so he found a small clinic that was willing to take someone on staff.  In fact,  Marvel was supposed to be meeting a 'Bitter Medicine' as soon as she got settled in.

Marvelous Misfortune OOC:

The school day so far had been mostly uneventful.  Storm could see that the teacher had an absentminded streak, setting her glasses down and then utterly forgetting about them.  But otherwise it was a pretty normal school day.  In fact, they seemed to be a lesson behind where he was at his old school.  He was admitted to class with no fanfare but as they were let out for a brief stretch break, the other foals crowded Storm in curiosity about the new kid.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:03 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
Midnight Clover looked on inquisitively. "I wonder how she managed that.  I'm guessing she didn't volunteer what led up to it?"

"All she gave me was that Fluffy Crust had dropped off her toaster with her because it was "sick," and then it had ended up where it was." Sunset Stroll says. "What exactly did want to ask about the event?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:51 am

Trotting down the street, Fairy Charmer wore a smile, while trying to ignore the pain in her flank. She wasn't a very athletic pony- not a very athletic pony at all, she reminded herself- but she had a reputation to uphold. Besides, even if it was hard work, the glow coming off of Glorious Morning and her workers had been gratifying.

And very filling.

The dark green mare chuckled to herself with a self-satisfied look. The smells coming from The Party may have been appetising, but they couldn't compare with a proper Changeling diet.
Still, no reason to let that fact stand in the way of nicities.

"Mmmhm! Oh my," she announced, entering the bakery with a little bit of a flounce. "Ms Cake, my dear, it smells positively divine in here!"

Spoiler:

Last edited by TheCavalry on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 am

((You're doing splendidly. Fret not.))

It was had been four day journey between Friendship Gardens and the cottage where Marvelous Misfortune had spent the last several years. Bad Luck had wanted her to take a train; faster and safer, he said. She had won however, on the plan she had made to restock on new belongings, rather than taking Bad Luck's meager belongings. She had stopped in several towns on the way to buy or otherwise acquire such things as some new clothing, a bale of alfalfa, a new pottery wheel, and other things to make herself more at home wherever she ended up staying. And, at this point, a wagon to drag it around in, and a tarp to maintain a modicum of privacy around her new belongings.

A chill wind blew through the edge of town as she entered. She glanced upwards; it was a little overcast above her head. And, peculiarly, one could see a thin line on the ground where the clouds ended and clear blue sky began that moved as she did. She sighed. Despite the block in her mind, things still happened like that. Various ponies, busy with their tasks of the day, paused to stare at her entrance, and she guessed that new ponies were uncommon here. Not sure where the clinic was, and feeling like she wanted something hot to eat, she stopped by a bakery, unhooked herself from her modest wagon, and stepped inside. There was a green Unicorn chatting with the Baker.

"Excuse me," she said, approaching the counter. "I'm supposed to talk to Bitter Medicine today, could one of you tell me where to find him? And I'd like one of your freshest whatever please. I can wait a while, but I want it hot," she asked first the pair of them, and then the Baker more specifically.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Summer, seeing that the family seemed to be settled, went to collect the bits Light Burst left. While doing so, she scanned the room to check if there was anyone else that needed help, or anything that needed doing.

ooc:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Winter had mixed feelings about having a new kid at school. On the one hoof, that meant that Winter was no longer "the new kid" which was good for him. On the other hoof, Winter still remembered being "the new kid" and it was horrible: all the other ponies crowding around him,bugging him about his cape and sunglasses... It was like Winter couldn't breathe.

Okay, so whoever the new kid was, they probably wouldn't have the same problems he did, but that didn't mean they'd like it either. Winter decided to sit under a nearby tree, and listen to what happened. If the kid was okay with everything, that was fine. If he sounded uncomfortable, Winter could do... something.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 pm

"Fairy Charmer," Birthday half-gasped, less astonished than enthusiastic. Then, she smiled, slow and sweet as a particularly strong molasses. "Why, I do declare it has been too, too long since I've last seen your smiling face! How've you been, sugar? Oh, I haven't seen you since...whoops! No, you didn't come hear to let me yap your ear off, now did you?" Clucking her tongue at herself, the baker set down the broom she'd been sweeping with a moment earlier, and let the gentle barrage of questions continue unabated. "You're here for a 'glorious' order, I'm guessin'? Well, you won't have to wait much longer - dessert's gonna be ready in just under a minute."

Almost simultaneously with her last word, the door opened, and a pony Birthday Cake was relatively certain she didn't recognize entered. "Oh, Bitter? If I recall correctly, she's just up the street, take a left and across the way, mind the squirrels, they get a bit skittish this time of year. As for baked goods, well, first let me say: welcome, for the first time, to The Party, best bakery in Equestria! We've got a bunch of loaves just finishing up now," a pause, and a ding, almost destiny as Birthday crossed over to the oven and turned it off. The smell that wafted out of the soon-opened cast-iron door was delicious. "Tell you what, since it's your first time here, it'll be buy one, get one free. That sound good to you? Oh!" As she moved the loaves to a nearby basket by way of telekinesis and just before moving to grab Glorious Ivy's specialty order, Birthday lightly slapped a hoof against her verdant face. "I am so sorry, I don't know what's come over me, but I have completely neglected to introduce myself! It's been so long since I've met any...friendly...ponies." She smiled, firing off a well-meaning attempt to cover up the pause, with a direct question as her social ammo. "My name's Birthday Cake, sugar, and it's simply a delight to meet you. You are?"

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 am

"That works," I replied, pulling some bits out to pay her. "I'm Marvelous Misfortune. Call me Marvel."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Misfortune? That was an odd name. Fairy was curious to see just what kind of a cutie mark went with something like that, but the newcomer was wearing some sort of half cloak over her flank.

"Well, this is a relief," the unicorn said, a laugh tossing her mane slightly. "I was starting to worry I'd never stop being 'the new pony. No offence, ms Cake" she added quickly. Though I do hope the lack of novelty won't hurt performance attendance."

She tipped her head to Marvel. "Fairy Charmer, local diva. If you don't mind a detour by the fields, I'd be happy to show you to the way. Speaking firsthand, it can be a bit much for a new arrival to take in. I just have a prior engagement to keep between some friends and their lunch first."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 am

TheCavalry wrote: Though I do hope the lack of novelty won't hurt performance attendance."

"Oh, not timberwolves nor terror nor Tirek himself could keep me away from your lovely shows, Fairy,"
Birthday Cake almost sang herself, a voice that could make sugar worry for its health. She turned her attention to...commit it to memory, Marvelous Misfortune, land sakes that was a name...Marvel as she levitated a tray of assorted bakerystuffs out from a different oven: "You'd best listen to her, Ms. Marvel, we may be a small town, but we're big in field and big in heart...oh, sorry, dear, I'm giving you the tourist treatment, aren't I? Well, at any rate, I do believe you should take her advice, and I hope you enjoy yourself in our little old town, and most of all I certainly hope to you see around it!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 am

Timberwolves and terror? I bet I could stop you, Marvel thought to herself. "Thank you; I'm going to sit and eat first. Maybe after, " she said, sitting by a window seat where she could watch her wagon...

((Go on. Somebody just try and poke around in it. Maybe even try to steal something. I dare you.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next