Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 13 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Well, wasn't that an intriguingly -frustratingly- evasive answer. Certainly the kind of thing that warranted further probing, if they hadn't come to a patch of field covered in workers.

"Oh, here already," she murmured, keeping the annoyance out of her voice. She should have taken the scenic route.

"Excuse me!" she said brightly to the nearest worker. "We're looking for Glorious. I don't suppose you could point a pair if mares in the right direction, could you?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:32 pm

"Thanks." Sunset Stroll says, walking into the building and finding his way down the familiar path to the library. He walks in the doorway and immediately heads for the back corner, next to the window, where his current book is: A History of Friendship Gardens. He settles into the now-familiar bench and picks up where he left off.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Just as the worker was about to point, Glorious Morning galloped up with a look of shock. "Fairy Charmer?!?  Shouldn't you be resting?  I heard what happened from Fluffy Crust."

The mansion had an overall classy yet quaint feel.  The interior was of oak in a light varnish with the walls and trim in gentle earth tones.  However, the library was decidedly more upscale.  The shelves, tables, and furniture frames were all made of alabaster.  The pillows had silk covers and the room had the subtle scent of some sort of ambiguous spice.  It was quite unlike any other part of town, even within the mansion itself.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 pm

"Ah, so you heard about Fluffy's valiant heroism. Quite unnecessary," she tossed her mane back, " though appreciated. I don't understand why everypony seems so amazed that I am tougher than I look. Honestly, the tap at ms Crusts house was nothing compared to the smashing I got in Manhatten last year. The critics did not appreciate my alternative take on Tamarea."

"Quite a shame really,"
she added, with a sniff. "I simply used the original source material. You know, for such a classical piece, the amount of depth Shakesmare ascribed the Changeling princess is astounding. Most playwrights of the era were content to portray them as foal-snatchers and love-bugs. Such a shame so few ponies are prepared to move on."

She shook her head wistfully.

"...Ah, but this isn't a social call! Glorious, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Marvelous Fortune."

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 am

The earth pony resisted the urge to facehoof. "That's Misfortune. As in, 'bad luck', not Miss dot Fortune. Why does nopony catch on to that?" she explained patiently. She hated it when ponies did that...

"Anyways. I just moved to town, and I'd really like to start a garden. And I really have no idea how to get started," Marvel said with a hint of nervousness. "So, Fairy Charmer agreed that you were my best bet."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 pm

"The reason I show concern, Fairy, is because I have been in Fluffy Crust's house.  Though it's no fault of her's, the house warming for her wasn't exactly pleasant." Glorious Morning sighed and softened her tone. "I still think it would be best to rest a bit."

One particular colt spoke up as Birthday Cake was letting foals pick out sweets.  "If you're a good enough cook, shouldn't they just eat what you fix?."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:12 am

"Yes! Yes she should be," Marvel smiled, nodding in agreement. "But she can't, and she won't, which means I get to follow her around and check on her periodically," she explained, pausing long enough to pusj Fairy's nose downward so she could peek at the swelling again. "Conveniently, being the new pony, that means she also gets to show me where things are and generally be helpful. Which means gardening today! Yay."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:06 pm

"As you can see, ms Fortune has a flair for the dramatic," Fairy grumbled, stepping away from the pair and sparing a glare for the insufferable mare trying to pair herself with the changeling.

She have a small cough, brushing the mane back over her 'injury'.

" [i]I am quite fine, even if she chooses to believe otherwise. Making her suffer my 'unique' gardening prowess may be unusually cruel punishment, but..."

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:04 pm

"Well, the gardening tools are in the barn." Glorious Morning nodded for the two to follow.  Once they arrived, "Good afternoon Summer Wishes, how may I help you today?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:01 am

Summer turned to Glorious Morning. "Nice to see you. This is Moonlight Fresh. She wants to practice for the upcoming apple toss. Is the practice field open right now Also, could we borrow a few apples?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:10 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:One particular colt spoke up as Birthday Cake was letting foals pick out sweets.  "If you're a good enough cook, shouldn't they just eat what you fix?"

"Well," said Birthday, taking the question in stride, "I know I would never eat a dish with broccoli in it, no matter how good the person who cooked it was." Make a face, stick out the tongue, a quick bluh noise. "I bet there are foods you hate so much you wouldn't eat them no matter what, too!" She giggled. "I do hope sugar isn't one of those foods, though! Go ahead and get something."

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot some Pink Georgia)
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:44 pm

"The field's open for the moment but some ponies will be using it in about an hour.  As far as apples, just pluck a few from the Venin Trees."

The colt gave an audible "Hmph" before turning to look at the various sweets. From outside, Apple Bright shouted, "You better not be giving Mrs. Cake a hard time in here Sunsprinkle!"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:41 pm

"Apple toss?" Marvel asked as the two ponies conversed. "What's up with that?" she continued, trying not to sound condescending.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Summer blinked, noticing the new pony, one wearing a cape. Was this the Treasured Pony Aunt Birthday was talking about? She was probably the one Copper had been complaining about. "There's a big athletics coming up. The apple toss is one of the events, and we wanted to sign up and practice. Are you new? She approached the new pony and stuck out a hoof. "I'm Summer Wishes. And you are?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Summer blinked, noticing the new pony, one wearing a cape. Was this the Treasured Pony Aunt Birthday was talking about? She was probably the one Copper had been complaining about. "There's a big athletics coming up. The apple toss is one of the events, and we wanted to sign up and practice. Are you new? She approached the new pony and stuck out a hoof. "I'm Summer Wishes. And you are?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 am

"Marvelous Misfortune," she replied, shaking the offered hoof gently. "And yes, I'm new. And yes, that's my full name. Because nopony here," she explained, sparing a glare towards Fairy Charmer, "Seems to catch on to that right away. No offense to you, of course. It's just bothersome."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 am

"Marvelous Misfortune." Summer repeated. Not Treasured Anything. So what brings you to Friendship Gardens?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 am

"Bad Luck," she said rather cryptively. "My father had something he needed to go do. So I'm staying here until he gets back. Perhaps I'll stay here after that too."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:25 pm

'Her father? Curious...'

Fairy mentally filed that away for another time, glancing between the pair and ignoring the barb ms Fortune -definitely what she was going to be calling Marvel- levelled at her. Instead, she glanced between the two ponies, taking half a step back. She may have liked being the centre of attention, but that didn't mean she didn't know when to fade into the background.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:24 pm

So, Ms. Misfortune wanted to be evasive? Well, it wasn't Summer's business, as long as she didn't get involved in Summer or her family's business. Still a might suspicious. For now she replied brightly, "Well, if you're staying here, attending an event could be a good way to meet new ponies. Moonlight here," Summer indicated her."Is new too, and she's signing up."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Marvel stopped to consider the idea. "I suppose so. When is it?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:00 pm

"Well, to each their own, I suppose..." Fairy commented.

"Though I can't see the appeal of sports, personally."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:14 pm

"It's coming up next week. All the events you can sign up for are listed here."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 pm

"Oh, I doubt I'd participate. I'm not much for competing..." she trailed off to Fairy Charmer.

"What's with your voice? I told you something would happen!"

((I'll edit if/when you do Challenge accepted.))

Last edited by Crystalite on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:28 pm

"What?" Fairy answered dumbly, before recognising the change. She cursed to herself, noticing the difference at once when she was paying attention; it was a bit lower than 'Fairy Charmer's' voice, with almost a buzz to it.

"Oh, that..." she coughed, "that's nothing. I said I find sports dull,didn't I? When I get bored, I tend to practice voices. It's an actresses important tool, after all!"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next