Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discordian Promise

+3
TheCavalry
Elacular
mjh6
7 posters

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Discordian Promise - Page 16 Empty Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Elacular Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm

"...cool! It alchemied all on its own!"

Midas ran over to the statue, nearly tripping over his aching hooves and with his scarf still wrapped around his face and examined the statue, statue poking at it and mumbling under his breath.

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:41 pm

The statue is made of a substance completely foreign to Midas, probably invented by Discord himself. Hie can tell, however, that it is a crystalline substance similar to diamonds, only much harder and stronger. The shine effect the key had is present in the statue.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:50 pm

"Weird. This is like diamonds made at the core of the earth. And then magicked. Oh. We should keep the hippos away from this. They're allergic. Also, that door had nothing to do with wrenches."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 pm

"Interesting..." Marked comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 pm

"I don't care if that had anything to do with wrenches," Compass said without looking at Midas. "We got the wonder and that's what matters. Being one step closer to freeing her."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:51 pm

"Freeing her?" Sunlit Wave says, standing up and coming closer to the statue. "Freeing who?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Midas looked at her, then at Skitterbuzz, then back and forth between them, mouth opening and closing a few times. He walked over to Skitter and whispered in her ear. "Is it...um, is it okay to not tell people something you think is true if they don't ask? If it'll...you know, hurt them?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 pm

"I mean the Faithful Student. The Most Magical of Unicorns, Apprentice of the Sun!"

Compass stared at Sunlit as if she couldn't believe what he was saying. She gestured at the statue, as if that explained everything.

"That statue... it's her, I just know it! That's what we need the keys for- that's what they unlock. The prison holding the greatest Wonder ever!"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Midas whined softly and gave Sunset a look, squirming as he stood next to Skitterbuzz. "I...I used the philosophy on it. It's the same thing as I used on Marked. Can you hear her heart beating or her belly growling or her lungs huffing? Those are really important. Those are where your humors are."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 pm

"I... didn't know to look for those. But what does it matter? That alchemy was what brought us here; the flash that happened when you did it was the same as Marked. That means something, doesn't it?"

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Compass tries, but she can't feel any sort if movement in the now crystalline statue
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 pm

"I-I mean... She's a statue right now, and we still have to get the rest of the keys. Not noticing those...humours yet doesn't mean much, does it?"

An edge creeped into her voice as she spoke.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Midas shook his head. "Humors are what keep us alive. We breathe in air and water and they become our happy and our calm. The air goes into our blood and makes our heart pump and the water goes into our nose and throat and lungs and makes us able to eat and breathe right. We eat things from the earth that we fill with fire by cooking them. And those become the sad and the anger inside our bellies that kill any bad things inside of us. Fire, air, water, earth. We can't live without any of them, and she doesn't have any."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Sunlit Wave closed his eyes for a long moment, taking a deep breath. "Compass, there are 4 more doors, and 4 more keyholes. If Midas is right, then it's far more likely that the statue will turn into the door than a living, breathing, pony."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 pm

"Err... I've seened ponies getting stoned by twisted sun pone parodies that always stuck me as a really bad meta-joke on so many levels..." Marked comments. "But always those ponies were able to be saved NO MATTER how long it took... Just needed the right joke to unlock them form being stonned is all it took mostly..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Elacular wrote:Midas looked at her, then at Skitterbuzz, then back and forth between them, mouth opening and closing a few times. He walked over to Skitter and whispered in her ear. "Is it...um, is it okay to not tell people something you think is true if they don't ask? If it'll...you know, hurt them?"

Elacular wrote:Midas whined softly and gave Sunset a look, squirming as he stood next to Skitterbuzz. "I...I used the philosophy on it. It's the same thing as I used on Marked. Can you hear her heart beating or her belly growling or her lungs huffing? Those are really important. Those are where your humors are."

Elacular wrote:Midas shook his head. "Humors are what keep us alive. We breathe in air and water and they become our happy and our calm. The air goes into our blood and makes our heart pump and the water goes into our nose and throat and lungs and makes us able to eat and breathe right. We eat things from the earth that we fill with fire by cooking them. And those become the sad and the anger inside our bellies that kill any bad things inside of us. Fire, air, water, earth. We can't live without any of them, and she doesn't have any."

Skitterbuzz didn't get the chance to really answer the question, as Midas went on and told them what she presumed was his Secret in question. However, she felt the need to address this issue.

"Listen," she started. "I don't know what'll happen if we get all of the keys. But I don't think we should keep Secrets if somepony has an idea. I mean, our lives depend on us knowing stuff, I think, so someone keeping a Secret could almost be like... Well, stealing," she said, looking at Midas as she said it. "Or hoarding, or back-biting," she continued, looking to Sunlit and the minotaur - what was his name? - in turn. "But sometimes, stuff does hurt to say... Can I ask for something? At home we had a Secret Keeper. You could tell Secrets to Secret Keeper, and he would tell you if you should tell anyone. Can we have a Secret Keeper?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 pm

"That honestly... Sounds the the dumbest and lamest joke I've ever herd... Secret Keepers? Just... Meh... MEH I SAY!" Marked snarked out loud as such actions was normal in the Realm of Laughter.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Sunlit Wave glares at Marked before turning back to Skitter. "That could be...a very heavy burden, for one pony to take." He says thoughtfully. "But I see your point about the dangers of secrets."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Skitterbuzz took on an angered expression. "IT'S NOT A JOKE!" she yelled at the Diamond Dog.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:01 pm

"If it is not a joke... What's the point of it?" The Critic asked.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:28 pm

"What!?" Skitter said in surprise. "What kind of question is that!?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 pm

"What... Does not all the other realms out there have humor be the basis for EVERYTHING that happens or is done?" The Diamond Dog asked sounding honestly confused.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Sunlit Wave shakes his head. "You don't travel much, do you?" He says, trying to picture the realm of laughter.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:18 pm

"No... I have traveled a lot... Just only within my homerealm..." The Diamond Dog replied.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Midas thought very carefully before turning to Skitter. "I don't think it's really stealing if it's yours to begin with. It's more like not sharing, which isn't nice, but for some things it makes sense. I think we kinda...maybe have secret keepers in Generosity, but they're all different people for everyone. We call them our mommies and our best friends and our therapists. And everything isn't jokes there. How that works is...Everybody is good at something right? That's why ponies have cutie marks. Cause we're good at stuff. And so everyone is able to make a different something happen. And so we all share our somethings with everyone else and everypony and everything else is happy!" Midas smiled brightly, but the grin on his face slowly faded. "That's how it's...supposed to work anyway. How it usually does."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next