Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discordian Promise

+3
TheCavalry
Elacular
mjh6
7 posters

Page 18 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Discordian Promise - Page 18 Empty Re: Discordian Promise

Post  Elacular Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:57 pm

"Uh huh." Midas said, rubbing Ian's belly. "I promise that I'll be the best secret keeper ever, absolutely! Cross my heart, stomach and lungs." He very deliberately drew Xes over all three with his hoof. "Now where are we going?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:03 pm

"Well...the wrench led underground. Why don't we try the sun? Maybe that'll lead us back outside..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

"I'd suggest the smile-face... After all it'd likely be a trial that I'd be able to handle & whatnot." The Critic comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:48 pm

"Okay... If no pony objects, then... Smiley sun door it is then."

Compass glanced at it; after what happened at the Wrench entrance, she was a little nervous. But...it was for a good cause. She took a deep breath, approached the smiley door, and started to push it open.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:57 pm

It didn't immediately budge, but with some effort, it opened.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Cautiously, remembering what happened last time, Compass peeked around the edge of the door.

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Midas crawled over and tried to peek around Compass, his horn glowing.

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Compass Rose can see that the inside looks like a gigantic warehouse. All the walls and floors are made of a silvery metal, with the ceiling being so high up, it is impossible to tell what it is made of. But you can't see much of the walls, because they are all lined with metal boxes, stacking up high. In the middle of the room, there are three giant wind up toys dressed like clown ponies, moving a few boxes still in the middle to the sides.

Midas can sense that pretty much the entire room is filled with Discord's chaos magic. The assault of all the different levels and types of this magic makes it difficult to concentrate, but you pull through. The wind-up ponies have a small concentration of it, and the boxes all have various levels of magic, with some having high concentrations, and some having almost none. There is also a large mass of chaotic magic high above you, although the purpose is difficult to determine.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 am

Sktterbuzz hung back, buzzing slightly to warn her bee-cape to be ready. "...Is it an outside? Please say it's an outside!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Midas softly rubbed his horn and groaned. "Um, maybe be careful about your magic in here? There's a lot a lot a lot of chaos in here. Especially in up."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

"You said 'in'. Does that mean it's an inside? Please don't make it an inside!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 pm

"Regardless... HOw about instead of everyone talking about it, we got inside the places?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm

"Sorry Skitter," Compass said, grimacing. "I can't see the ceiling, but it kind of looks like a storehouse. It's full of boxes... and two giant... things, dressed kind of funny."

Shr frowned, looking back at her companions.
"After what happened last time, do we want to walk right up to them? I don't know how else to get past them..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

"Let me see," The pegasus said exasperatedly. Skitterbuzz scooted forward, squirming in between the two other ponies to look into the door...

"...Oh. That's not so bad. I mean, I don't know what they are either, but they don't look so awful."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Midas looked up at the two giant wind up toys, and a smile spread over his face. "Oh! Those are Miracle Workers! I know all about them!"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 pm

"Out with it, then." Sunlit Wave says with an encouraging smile. It was nice to see the others taking initiative.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Midas talks with a big smile. "Well, when I was traveling with Ruby, we found a town in Generosity called JuGgLeR, full of ponies who wore facepaint like that. They were a religion that followed the 'mirthful messiahs,' a pair of ponies from the old days who they said were alicorns to be. They had these hymns that were all loud and thrashy about how everything was miracles and they didn't need science to tell them how the world worked. And they would always do concerts to raise money for people who needed it. They called it Miracle Working. Oh, and they said cuss words a lot. And did drugs sometimes. Ruby said that they were hooligans, but I thought they were really cool! WHOOP WHOOP!" Midas giggles at his last shout, grinning brightly.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:15 pm

The Diamond Dog Critic at this time was just lurking for the moment just wanting to overlook the two unknown giant clown-things. Trying to figure out if they were Non-Ironic, Sad, or Monster type of clowndom...

perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 pm

The first thing that Marked notices it that there are actually three wind-up ponies.The simplicity of the costumes seems to imply they were going for a basic, Non-Ironic look. However, the make up, the costumes, and accessorizing was very clumsy and crude, like they were applied by someone who had only heard of clowns, and never actually seen one.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:12 pm

"Well... Was not crafted by anyone who'd seen any types of real clowns." Marked comments. "Miracle Workers, might be what they are... But I'm not so sure. To me they look like somebody going for a total non-ironic look, from the Laughter Realm, yet never saw any clown themselves. Think they were trying to build off of something the Laughter Realms had, but didn't have a picture or something to work with other than stories I'd hazard to guess."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:19 pm

"There are ponies who look like that in Generosity and Laughter?" Compass stared at her companions, then looked back at the wind-up ponies. Looking closer, they maybe, kind of resembled some of the jesters she had seen in Lord Wands service... albeit much more garish and colourful. Those ponies had been silly, but more...subdued than the painted things in front of her.

"Wait, those are supposed to be funny'" she suddenly realised. Funny wasn't a word she would use to describe them. Creepy was more like it...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:43 pm

"I'm kinda surprised you didn't have them in magic. They loved magic. They thought it was the biggest miracle that wasn't music or drugs. There was even a line about it in the miraculous hymn. 'bucking magics, how do they work?' or something like that."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 pm

As they were talking, the group began hearing a crackling sound from above. Then it began raining inside. But is wasn't just raining water...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

"We have jesters back home, but they aren't like this. Some ponies would agree with that hymn, but... They aren't like those things." She pawed the ground, unsure how to explain the fractured Realm... which was when she noticed the droplets falling from the ceiling.

Spoiler:
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:13 pm

"Well in the realm of Laughter, there seemed to be many different types of Clowns... The best in my opinion are the non-ironic type... They're basically silly peoples in makeup to look silly, a little freaky, and they do funny antics with the goal of making everyone laugh. Normally a very happy soul who'd want to nothing more then to bring joy in the lives of others. Next of the big three of clown types is the Sad Clown... They're in some respects the same as the non-ironic clown still acting to try and make others laugh... But they themselves tend to be very depressed for one reason or another and are masking their pain by their antics of silliness & fun... The third time... Is the worst, The Dreaded Monster Clown... Always rate these ones harshly, unless they've built their lives around being a Monster Clown, a brand of Dark Humor that is built upon twisting everything that the Non-Ironic Clown tries to do and make it horribly dark and gory... Bet these 'Miracle Workers' you talk of Midis seem like they'd been of a semi-Monstrous Clown Breed from what I hear." He didn't pay any mind to the raining... Until it seemed to appear to not be water.

perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next