Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 11 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:43 pm

If I may make a suggestion, it is very easy to forget that you are next in the posting rotation if you're busy for a few days while the thread goes quiet. The lack of a distraction is welcome, and afterwards you simply don't think of it. As such, I've usually gotten better results out of keeping one conversation or another going while waiting for someone else to post; it serves as a steady reminder to the errant player that they need to be involved. Obviously, difficulties are encountered when two people are conversing for several minutes without a rise from the third present character, but currently every single player is isolated, and there are so many opportunities to smooth time over via travel time or spa zoning out time that syncing clocks is hardly an issue. As such, I think this is an excellent time to press onwards.

sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 11 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Crystalite wrote:*eye roll*

At this point, I'm just waiting for people to post. Much easier to post all of the results at once rather than one at a time as appropriate. Which means I am effectively as slow as you guys are. *cough*Dusk*cough*.
Oh, my mistake. I must have missed your recent post on the IC, I just checked the date of your last post and not the thread, and assumed you had disappeared from the site. I apologise for my attitude...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 am

@ Paper: No worries. It was kind of funny, really.

@ Sunbeam: Hmmm. You raise a good point there. Very well, we'll try it that way and see where we end up.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I've been picturing a sort of sewer, but that's not entirely accurate, is it? This is an aquifer, an underground water source. Is there any sort of solid ground that I can stand on, or is it just a river with the bank replaced by a cylinder of earth and stone?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Not that you can see at the moment, disregarding your ice floe of course.

Edit:

sunbeam wrote:Grateful for further opportunities to rest, Snowy sits down on the snow.

I usually overlook typos, but this one was funny.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Are we getting close to Mint Jewel?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:33 pm

We're getting there.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Just checking.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:47 am

*sigh* Forgive me. It's been some time since I've had to post in this forum, and also some time since I've cared. But I've posted now.

On a side note, when did Spring get friendly with Zecora?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:00 am

Solo adventure while meditating in the everfree. It was about as unexpected to me as it is to you.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 am

As it should be.

Sorry for the delay Sunbeam, yesterday kind of sucked. Post is up now though.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:17 am

No worries, any positive speed is fine.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Telebiscuit Jen wrote:The twins hesitate, both because of the Dragon's response and because of Lotus seeing to the door. "Uh, yeah, him." "He's... you know him?" They reply while listening after the spa pony.

8+7=25

Yeah, you can hear everything Sky and Spring are saying. No problem.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Why does everypony but Wandering Eye loathe Wandering's mane? :maud:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:12 am

It has nothing to do with GM abuse. Nope. Not a thing at all.

EDIT:
sunbeam wrote:Sorry this took so long, I needed to go back and review most of the thread to tease out what Bubbles knows, what he thinks you know, and what's new. Then I realized that I should give people a chance to confirm/object to Bubbles dumping a mid-sized exposition paragraph on those present, so I totally could've made that post 24 hours ago. My bad.

No worries. As for exposition, I say go for it: I always wonder is the PCs perceive things the same way I imagine them, so this is a great way for me to see just whay Bubbles thinks he knows.i

That being said, if the others want to get moving I'm quite willing to skip ahead bit as well. Off the top of my head, Scorch and Wandering probably want to play catch up, and I had a side thing planned for the Steam Twins. Spring I could make something up.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 am

Ooooh, I like side things. I would like to do that, but you're gonna have to guide me to it.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 am

Spring is a few hours away from tearing up the city in search of Lavender, so there's that.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 pm

sunbeam wrote:I guess I'll roll my DC 25 endurance check for getting my create water ability back before our next extended rest...This has been 7 months in the making.
1d20+7=1+7=8. Honestly, I've been having so much fun playing a nerfed version of my character, I'd like to request that this one not be hand-waved in some fashion, if you were planning that because we were going to be chilling in the spa. I want to see how much worse this can get.

Oh well. Since you insist.

On the topic of extended resting: that is more or less what you're doing now. I'm going to shoot a couple of PMs off, and when I get responses there will be side adventures. Side adventures for EVERYONE.

In other news, I do believe you guys are around Level 3 now! Yay for new abilities and stuff! Let me know what you pick, and any other changes and tweaks you'd like to make.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

This was a pretty simple level-up, especially compared to the last one. I just picked up the Icecraft ability and the Quickshot trait.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:08 am

Bleh, leveling up is so much work when you don't know what you're doing.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Update!

First off: Dusk Raven appears to be missing, so I am taking over his character for now. I really hope he comes back soon, I don't want to cycle him out, but I am ready to do so if that's what it takes.

With that out of the way, I expect to have an IC post up this evening or maybe tomorrow morning.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:52 pm

If you'd literally waited three hours I would have had a post up. That being said, looking at the time the last post was addressed to me, and now... I really have no excuse. Though you could have nudged me on Skype. Several of you. That being said... of all the characters, Wandering Eye is the one it makes the most sense to take over.

Still ticks me off, though.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:11 pm

I apologize for not notifying you Dusk. I reasoned that, since you did say you were checking the OOC thread last time I poked you for a post, you would have seen Crystalite's last post and acted if you wanted to. It's technically not too late to turn the dial back and remove the last two posts (If Crystalite wants to do that), but I've made a Skype group for this game and invited everyone in so we can communicate a bit better...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:If you'd literally waited three hours I would have had a post up. That being said, looking at the time the last post was addressed to me, and now... I really have no excuse. Though you could have nudged me on Skype. Several of you. That being said... of all the characters, Wandering Eye is the one it makes the most sense to take over.

Still ticks me off, though.

In my defense, you and I had planned to do this part this way anyways. I figured if you popped up in the meanwhile you could still go look at the scary indeterminate thing the rest of the party doesn't know about yet like we had originally intended.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Well, this sort of thing would have happened, probably right after we left the spa, too. I just... would have used different words, perhaps. And a lot more of them. But, it got done.

Wasn't expecting the physical transformation, not at all. Then I remembered I actually did have an idea for what WE'd look like in Nightmare form... back when I first made him a could years ago. And I'm not sure I have the image anymore, if indeed I ever did. I like your take, though.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next