Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures

5 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures - Page 9 Empty Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:39 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Spoiler:

"I can't say it does," she admitted. "But then, I haven't been a particular advocate of the theatre."

Spoiler:
((OOC: Don't worry you passed the more important one of the two skill checks with flying colors... The G. Knowledge fail just means I can't tell you info "you already know" & junk. Nothing too bad... Passing the Insight Roll that good means FOOTNOTE TIME! XD))

Cold chuckles. "Ironically, there is some degree of the Theatre Arts that use that school of philosophy... But it's not a Theatre group or form... It's as I hinted a type of philosophy used for teaching at the Dojo I grew up at... They didn't have the money to really send me to any real book learning... So they had to homeschool me with what they had to work with. So they used a type of "Social Combat Philosophy" to teach me the "educational scollary junk" everyone needs to learn to function in life you know?[1]"

Then Cold starts to think a bit long and hard on how to go about explaining it this topic... Then choose to just remove his Ninja-Mask that he always was wearing most of the times only time it was off for a moment was to eat and even then it was back on between bits very quickly.[2] Also he removed his magical pair of masks that he hides in his outfit's semi-baggie sleeves "Err... Well... To start off There are like 5 or 6 depending on what you'd label a "mask" in this context that are important to a Three-Masked Ninja... One's True Face[3], your "You"[4] Mask, The Logic[5] Mask, The Emotions[6] Mask, The Good[7] Mask, & The Evil[8] Mask... In spite of their names... They're really embodiments of those ideals but how sociality views the terms... Like how the Good Mask isn't really "Good" nor is the Evil Mask really "Evil"...[9] Basically I own only two masks... A pairing of Logic & Emotions, they're the pair to spoke to me stronger than that "Good & Evil" duo ever did."

footnotes:

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:57 pm

The Reini raised an eyebrow during Iron's explanation, her eyes following his motions as he spoke. She made a note of what he, at least mentally; having an insight into one member of this crews thoughts would be useful. Even so, when he was finished, she couldn't help but laugh a little.

"How curious," she said simply, watching the Minotaur with a smile. "I have to say, it is refreshing to meet someone who appreciates logic and emotion over such backwards concepts as good and evil.

And the masks... I must say that is an interesting tradition. It almost reminds me of home."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:21 pm

"Well I wouldn't be one to call the Ideals of Good & Evil as "backwards"... But more like "fictional" when one lives in a world full of shades of morally grey, than anything else really in my opinion. To me Logic & Emotion felt more real than Good & Evil, you know?" Cold comments thinking about why he picked this pair of masks he holds with himself. "They're magical... In minor ways, to be tied to my fate, & like have minor self-repair features, if I remember right what I was told about these masks... Also help me get in touch and give control over to my "inner-logic" & "inner-emotion"... Always a neat thing... Wish I could recall if they'd work for others if they wear them... Don't they do... But you can try them out if you want to, The[1] Reini. We're lucky in a way that Wormwood & Bleeding left... Leaving us, the duo of The Teams; Problem Solvers[2] to chat for a bit."

footnotes:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

The Reini raised an eyebrow, glancing at the masks again. She disliked what was currently called 'magic' - the sooner Princess Twilight Sparkle could kick start the Equestrian Industrial Revolution, the better- but those masks intrigued her. She was sincere before; different faces and different ways of thinking did remind her of home, somewhat.

Besides, they seemed to work, unless they were a placebo effect.

"I think I would like to inspect one of those masks, actually. As I say, I find them to be somewhat... interesting."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 pm

"Err....the Logic or the Emotions? Mmmm.... Could see you finding a reason to ask for either I picture. Most likely you'd want the Logics Mask, but then again... Maybe you'll ask to see the Emotions Mask, to finally see what those pesky little things feel like for once." Iron snarked in a lighthearted manner.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

"Actually, yes. After all, I consider myself fairly logical at the best of times. Something designed to... amplify emotions seems like the fairer test. It should be clearer if there are any results, at least."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Cold Iron had such a silly bemused look on his face as he gives the Oni Mask over. "Emotions: The Mind's Noble Demon... The summary of where all logic is founded, & err is formed..." He states as he puts said mask on your face. "Err... Hopefully that's all that's needed to turn those magics on for you. Forgot if there's any other details... Think that's the bare min to have the thing turn on when putting it on someone's face. Best to try and focus your mind on a goal or ideal if it seems to overwhelm you... That's what I tend to do to keep myself on task when I wear that mask..."

(OOC: Likely to either do nothing or spark your biology to amp up your mind's chemicals that control emotions to feel them a hell with a good deal more of passion. Also the Mask would glow if it triggers...)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:11 pm

"I'm sure you do," she said dryly, staring through the holes in it. Did she feel any different? She felt embarressed, but given she was wearing a mask over her face, that was hardly surprising, now was it?

"How long does it take to work," she asked- a little snappish with impatience- as the mask glowed.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 pm

"Ok... It glowed... So it's totally shifted on now... How you feel?" Cold Iron asked hoping that question was a safe one to ask in The Reini's questionable[1] state of mind.

footnote:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:22 pm

"Much as I did before," she said, her voice still calm...mostly. She rose to her hooves, before adding:

"Which, for the record, is skeptical. Some amusement. Ironically appreciative of the draconequis' tent. And... irritated." She said the last softer, almost with surprise, before clicking her tongue.

"Yes, I would say I feel very irritated..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 pm

"Err, I think that's normal...? I guess try to focus on what are your thoughts and opinions... About me?" The Minotaur said with a shrug unsure what else to offer at this point. "Or like the team as a whole? Or you can try to think more on your opinions on the Chaotic One..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:38 pm

"You... are the least contemptible of a bad set. Aside from the fact you have some useful talents, you at least seem to be someone I can talk to. Those children on the other hand... the colt just trails behind Bleeding Hearts flank, and that mare..."

She bared her teeth- for what good that did behind the mask- and continued.

"Bleeding Heart is a brat. Rebellion is something I can tolerate, even respect if channelled appropriately, but such an over the top declaration of tragedy, such emphasis on how tortured her life is... She has no idea what torture is. What torture simply living day to day can be."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Cold nods in agreement knowing all to well to only validate such opinions when in an highly emotions mask state... He might not remember much but he recalls that much that you are NEVER to disagree with emotions. They are valid opinions to hold. "Only thankful those are opinions I can get behind and agree with." He tried to say under his breath, but was a little louder then he intended, but before The Reini could react the unmasked Minotaur states strongly to keep the Time Pony on track. "And, what of yourself... What feelings do you have about your own skills, what do you think you bring to the table? I mean... Try to really gloat about all of your powers you hold in your hooves that others only dream to have!"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:58 pm

"I don't gloat," she said, mostly on reflex. "It's not gloating if it's true. I'm the smartest pony in the room- including your precious princesses. I can speak most of the languages in the universe, and I can transcribe any that I can't. I can build a machine for any purpose out of nothing. And I wasn't exaggerating about my life experiences earlier, either. I'm close to three hundred years old, and I'll outlive the rest of you by centuries."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 pm

"That it? You strike me as the type to got more just hiding... I swear on my masks, or Discord, or my honor, to not share whatever you tell me with anyone else..." Cold Iron said, believing what he was hearing said by The Reini, but just feeling there was something else. So he felt like trying to joke with The Reini to see what a responce it'll get. "You like got some hidden magic tricks up your sleeve to save yourself or something? You've strike me as the type to have a backup plan for death..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:10 pm

She laughed, a sound that seemed... brighter than the cool chuckle from before. "What do you think I mean by outliving all of you," she said, a smug tone in her voice.

"Don't mistake my appearance. I'm not an earth pony; I'm a timepony, from the planet Gallopfrey. I have two hearts, and if both of them ever cease beating, I'll just regenerate into a new body. A new face, a new personality, but still me. The Reini. This is only my third body after all. I still have more than half a dozen left."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 pm

"Wow, really? That's amazing..." Cold said honestly trusting The Reini's claim to be true without question, and really was impressed to hear this new info but wanted to learn more if he could! "What else does... Well... Being a Timepony imply?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 pm

"Being self-righteous, indulgent, hypocritical foals!"

She spun back to glare at Cold, stamping her hoof.
"They call themselves the guardians of time, but all they are is a stable full of ignorant mules resisting real progress. Perhaps I was over-enthusiastic with the live trials- so what? Everypony survived, didn't they? And I proved that it was possible for a Pony to survive full exposure to the time vortex and not be driven irrevocably mad! And what is my reward? To be exiled to a -stupid- backwards rock that hasn't event invented nuclear fusion yet! To spend every single day of my life listening to the insipid 'discoveries' around me, to the irritating prattle of friendship that passes for pony morality... Urgh!"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:40 pm

The Minotaur goes wide eyed at hearing this inforanation... Unsure what to take of it all and just steps back out of reflex of all of the raw emotion being spilled out by his timepony friend? Err... Cold hoped all the more now to befriend this pony. But right now he needed something to say... ANYTHING to say... To shift her to a new topic to think about and focus on. "Err... Um... Then... What is Morality to you? What moral stadards to you live by?...if any..." He wasn't so sure that was the best to come up with, and maybe he should've gone to try and remove the mask, but if there was anything he recalled about his first time wearing the Emotions Mask, IS NOT TO FORCE IT'S REMOVAL... That had to be done to him and dam did that hurt both physically & mentally being really insulting, & shameful...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 am

"Morals? Why does everypony have to bring morals into it- first that Doctor, now you... I am not cruel. The High Council was wrong when they said I was a bad pony. Knowledge is more important than morality, and everything I have ever done has been in pursuit of that. I am not the villain here..."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:50 pm

"No... You are mistaken to my question's intent, I just believe that EVERYONE follows some set of morals. Including those that think they don't! Just thought you were smart and logical enough to have realized that..." Cold Iron explains knowing all too well the fact that just because your emotions run high while under the effects of the Emotions Mask, your logic isn't in any way dulled, just might come a bit slower thanks to emotion overdrive is all. "So you'd think the growth of Knowledge is your Moral Imperative? Would not then, logically... If you were to follow some set of agreed upon moral guidelines, wouldn't you be able to advance the universe's net sum of knowledge much easier than you do already? Hell I'm sure if you can work hard enough, you might even see others to admit that your personal set of morals are superior then the "backwards" equestrian pony or even timepony morals... Also I never called you a "villain" it was you to brought up that term... Remember that... Your at worst just a perfect fit of the 'Mad Scientist' archetype. Which DOESN'T in any way imply you must therefore be a villain. Logically there have been just as many Heroic Mad Scientists as there have been Villain ones... And even then, you can still be just morally grey. Nothing wrong with that." As the Ninja Rambles he wasn't sure if he should've removed that mask or try to redirect... Well regardless he figured he'll try again to get her back on the real goal of this Mask experiment thing. "Hey... The Reini, how do you feel right now? Has your opinion of me changed to the better or worse? Does your mindset feel different or normal? What do you think of Emotions & Logic? Would you like to remove the mask right now?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm

"I... Yes. I think I want this thing off. Now," she snapped, feeling annoyed at herself for doing so.

She wasn't like this. She had always been cool, calm, collect. She always kept her feelings buried, beneath the surface; they interfered with strict imperialistic data, with the raw accuracy of facts. She wasn't a machine; she still felt things- most notably annoyance at the ponies around her- but not like this. It felt like the mask had cracked the lake of ice, and everything she had buried was rushing through the fissures. Timeponies were naturally passionate; learning to control ones emotions, to channel them in more constructive directions, was one if the first lessons they learned.

And yet, the Reini was finding focusing exceptionally difficult right now. Of all the emotions the mask had unlocked, the overwhelming one was anger.

The Reini felt very angry. She didn't like it. It clouded her view.
Didn't change the fact she wanted to find the Doctor and his wall-eyed assistant and buck them to the moon.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:26 pm

"Then just let go of the mask and it'll pop off... Or it should... that's how it's always worked for me." Cold comments with a chuckle getting ready to remove the mask if it doesn't come off by itself.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:31 pm

She sat down, raising both hooves to the masks edges, and began to pull.
For a second, there was nothing and an alien feeling- one Reini hadn't felt since she was a foal-coursed through her. What if the mask didn't come off?

She pulled harder at the thought, and a moment later, the mask popped free. The Timepony dropped it, scurrying away from it a little, and taking a few slow, deep breaths.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:38 pm

And the Minotaur takes the mask & puts it back in it's resting spot in his right sleeve. "...so...Wanna try the Logic Mask now?" Cold Iron joked to hopefully help calm The Reini down.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next