Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal Symphony

+4
mjh6
Doc pseudopolis
Senshuken
GreyVestibule
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Crystal Symphony - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Symphony

Post  Senshuken Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Many of the ponies that currently stood in line would have taken the news that they could only bring three others along with themselves badly and gotten into some kind of argument over it; Silver Tongue's day brightened.

The knowledge that he could get all the ponies he named into the after party was more or less a complete success. That was far beyond what he had been aiming for when he came here and he was still going to be sharing the stage during the ribbon cutting ceremony. While a part of him disliked the fact that everypony couldn't come on stage, his choice on who to bring with him was surprisingly easy when you considered what would be best for the show. "If I can only bring four ponies on stage, then I guess it will have to be myself, Show Stopper, Dancing Rose and Flying Violet." Himself, the actress playing Princess Cadance and the actresses playing Princess Luna and Celestia. While he knew for a fact that Celestia and Luna were rather bit parts in the play (Luna being played a bit more for comic relief then anything) having the actresses playing them appear on stage with the actual Princess Luna and Celestia just made sense. The fact that it would also give two rather nice mares a rare chance to shine on the worlds stage was just a solid bonus.

"I would like to thank you again for doing this. So do we just rock up somewhere at a given time or...?" The sentence was left hanging so that the guardponies could fill him in on the details of what he needed to know about both the cutting ceremony and the after party.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

"Something crystally. 'The Opalescent inn', or something like that." Door pauses to try and read a sign, hoping to find the right way. "I'm not sure where it is though, besides near the festival grounds."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Blitz followed along quietly. She could hear Bonham talking on the radio - although, oddly, her own radio was not picking up the other end of the conversation. She thought she could hear the now secret someone in the background, but paid it no mind - if they were going to get in trouble, they would have already. She instead turned her attention to the new colt coming with them. What was his name? Blast?

Blitz Load was not the only foal amongst the Ironherde; she was, however, the youngest, with enough difference between herself and the few other foals that they didn't really count. The older fillies were constantly discussing various colts (Her mother would not explain why), and the colts struck her as just plain weird (Her father agreed, but still didn't explain why.)

Blast didn't seem to fit that profile - in fact, he seemed downright normal in comparison, and Blitz felt a slight uncertainty as she tried to decide what to make of it. Sneaking into the castle didn't seem like something that would even occur to the colts she knew - or, at least, not for the same reasons, and probably not as much success (She had observed that colts tended to get caught red hoofed more often than fillies, which nobody would explain.) She decided to address it.

"...Soooo, what were you doing in here?" she whispered to Blast.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 am

"Ah, I see," Oasis replied with a slight nod before looking ahead, keeping her eyes peeled. 'Something crystally' in this place seemed like describing something in the ocean as wet, though Door Kicker certainly seemed to have a decent head about what to expect, knowing it was near the fair grounds.

"That seems good, having lodging close to festivities," she thought as she looked around, "Especially with how big this city seems."

An Empire indeed. With how crowded the streets were with ponies both native and visiting it seemed like it would take a while to get around.

"The sights are beautiful though. I don't think I've seen anything this... grand since I witnessed the palace back home..."
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:39 am

Oasis, Door

As you looked for the hotel, you pass shops, street vendors and buskers, and it's obvious that trade is booming. At the Opalescent Inn -otherwise known as 'The Opal'- business is doing so well that it actually takes a few minutes to convince the owners you are who you say you are, and not just tourists trying to steal someone's room. Extracting a promise from Whi5per to sing during your stay gets Oasis a room, too.

The square outside the crystal palace was thronged with people. Not just ponies, though they made up the majority; griffons, minotaurs, donkeys, and other representatives of the races of Equestria all stood in eager anticipation. The sound of talk and chattering filled in the air, excited speculation drifting on the wind.

Whisper sighed dramatically. Whether it was thanks to her fame, her crews relative size and strength, or something else, the small group had actually managed to push themselves quite close to the front of the crowds- close enough to see the crystal heart whirling in the air in front of them.

A large platform stood beside it, high enough to be seen even from the back of the crowd. A series of guards were strung along the path from the heart to the palace, presumably to stop any pony becoming too friendly with the nobles.
Whisper sighed again. "Oh, isn't it so exciting," she said.

Lark, Bonham, Blitz, Blast, Silver
Silver is told what to do by the guard Flash Sentry, to be at the palace at a certain time and he'll take care of the rest- he seems like a pretty big fan. By the time Bonham and Blitz reunite with the crew, it's time for them to meet with the palace staff for preparations anyway.

Inside the palace, the mood was no less excitable, if somewhat more dignified in its presentation. Only a relative hooffull actually waited in the main hall; selected diplomats and ambassadors. And actors; while most of Silvers crew were waiting in the banquet hall with the rest of the diplomats who wouldn't be seen with the princesses, the four he had identified to Flash Sentry were there, all looking excited- even Show Stopper, in spite of Blues tantrum at not being allowed on stage with her 'best friend'.

Also present- if receiving something of a wide berth by the nobles- was Ironherde. The plan for the ceremony had been explained shortly after they arrived. When the ceremony began, Cadence would address the crowds, giving Lark, Bonham and whatever other support staff that was on stage time to assemble the Lightning Organ. Blitz would play a song- the theme of the Crystal Empire, though given the device playing it, the result would certainly be interesting- and then everypony would go back inside for their meals. Simple.

Cadence and Shining Armor are present- both in ceremonial attire- though currently speaking to random diplomats. Luna is also present, but Celestia is nowhere to be seen.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:45 am

Lark listened to the instructions and bit her lip. Everything seemed okay before, but that spring, and that mare. Something just felt...off.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 am

There was something about being on a stage that just felt... right to Silver Tongue. Standing in front of a crowd while telling a story to entertain or shock alongside those beside you filled him with a sense of satisfaction that he just couldn't get anywhere else; And this was a stage that he would never have passed up the chance to stand on even if he didn't receive such a thrill. Sharing the stage with a number of the most important beings on the planet, alongside not just one but TWO of the Alicorn princesses with a third hopefully to arrive soon was truly an honor. While he knew that his family would not be able to arrive in the capital of the Crystal Empire for the festival, he just knew that once they heard the news that they would be so proud of him. He could already picture his parents bragging about the fact that he stood in the company of the Princesses during the opening ceremony to the point that everypony they knew just wanted them to shut up.

Of course, Silver just knew that sharing the stage with the Princesses of Equestria and the Crystal Empire would be second only to be seen talking with one; And of course, if he could make someponies life in the process then all the better.

Waiting until Princess Luna was free, Silver politely tapped Dancing Rose on the shoulder, interrupting her excited conversation/squeeling contest with Flying Violet with a polite "Sorry to interrupt but might I borrow you for a moment? I wish to introduce you to someone."

Persuasion Roll:

Assuming a success on his part, Silver lead the way over to the Princess of the Moon and Night herself, bowing his respectfully once he was close enough to have her attention. "Forgive my forwardness, but may I introduce you to Ms Rose? She will be playing the part of yourself during the upcoming 'A Canterlot Wedding' your Royal Highness."

Persuasion Roll to make a good first impression with Princess Luna:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Things were getting quite busy in the backstage area. Blitz Load was occupied giving Blast a tour of the Ironherde's inner workings while he waited on someone to come get him. Dozens of names danced across her tongue as she quickly explained the jobs of each pony they passed. So many to remember! Technicians working on the organ, performers tuning other miscellaneous instruments, make-up artists prettifying the performers, roadies helping the technicians, security experts talking to the castle guards, medics keeping watch for recklessness, paper shufflers standing around uselessly in a vain attempt to stay out of the way, her parents deliberately getting in the way to oversee the whole mess, and Blitz Load artfully leading her new friend through the chaos of backstage, ending the tour near the unassembled Organ.

"...And this is Lark," she said, pointing at the mare in question. "She's the one mainly in charge of putting things... together..." she explained, trailing off as she nibbled at Lark's knee to get her attention.

"Hey, is everything okay? You look worried."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

"You really seem super excited." Door says dryly. "Was the shakedown on the train not interesting enough? Or are you just anticipating tonight?" He doesn't look at her, instead watching the palace doors for any signs of nobility.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Sun May 03, 2015 11:44 pm

“Ugh,” Oasis groaned at the reminder of the incident on the train, “At least the excitement is not on me.”

Oasis glanced at Door for a moment before following his line of sight.

“I do feel there is some, eh, merit to this. Besides tonight, it has been most fascinating to see so many representatives of different beings here. I will admit though, I would feel extremely honored to witness the bringers of the sun and moon themselves.”
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 05, 2015 1:45 am

"I'm sure-... no wait, are they supposed to be here? I'm not sure which princesses are attending." Door thinks to himself, still watching the door. "We have so damn many now... hard to keep track..." He yawns, and glances around. "Honestly, I kinda hope they hurry up. I'd like to go back to the hotel and catch a nap or two before tonight."

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed May 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Bonham poked his head around a side of the Lightning Organ.
"Can I get a High C?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Sat May 09, 2015 6:10 am

Oasis put a hoof to her mouth thoughtfully, wondering on Door's comment. She supposed she had heard of a new princess rising, but hadn't been sure if that was a rumor or truth.

“Hm,” she pondered, “I can understand that much. I would not wish miss tonight's events myself, especially not on account of a lack of sleep.”

Looking up, Oasis considered the crystal heart that was spinning in place.

“Especially considering the significance of the festivities, these gatherings. Ponies, neigh, all beings coming from far apart, to be united by heart,” Oasis found herself smiling a little bit “Literally and figuratively.”
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat May 09, 2015 11:42 pm

"Oh, I'm just... a bit nervous before our first real big performance here." Lark said with a small smile. She wasn't quite sure what to tell Blitz. On the one hoof, Lark didn't know anything was actually wrong, and she couldn't even begin to explain why the loose spring bothered her, especially since it probably came from the bottom of her own storage device. One the other hoof, Blitz was the one who's job it was to play the Lightning Organ, and if there actually was a possibility of the thing breaking down or blowing up during the performance, Blitz deserved to know.

However, she didn't need to decide what to say just now, when she had a job to do that would make the question moot (hopefully.) Check it over before the show, fix it if it was broken. Easy.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Blitz nodded in understanding. She had done many shows, and knew all about the pre-show jitters. Even now she felt ready to burst. "It's okay, Lark! It'll go away when the notes start flowing," she said reassuringly. "Oh! This is Frost Blast," she said, gesturing to the colt next to her.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed May 27, 2015 6:16 am

Inside the castle

Luna seemend surprised by Rose and Silvers approach; there was a soft change in the air, imperceptible to most, but which an actor like Silver could recognise in an instant- a widening chasm of social faux pas.

A second later, Luna grinned, extended a hoof, and the feeling faded.

" 'Tis a pleasure to meet you Ms Rose," she said. "I have been most intrigued by the coming festivities. For too long have I heard jests regarding my absence from our Nieces Wedding. Knowing that I shall be represented by such a capable mare as thyself feels us with happiness."

As she speaks p, however, Luna's eyes flash between Rose and Silver with a strange look; not of displeasure, but not unlike some hawk taking measure for a hunt...

At once, there was a blast of trumpets; behind Luna, Princess Cadance stepped forward, her prince in Shining Armor by her side. Her eyes scanned the room at a glance, a simple, beatific smile on her face.

"Thank you," she said softly to the room. "To all of you; thank you. That you are here today's, in body or in spirit, touches me in a way I cannot begin to express. i hope that this will be the beginning of a wonderful future, for our nations and for all of us."

"Once the doors open, the guards will have cleared a path to the Crystal Heart," Shining Armor added. "If you're one of the acts entertaining this evening"- he looked down the room, his eyes falling on Ironherde-"there's a small stage where your instruments are. Just wait until Cadance has finished her introduction before you start playing."

Behind the couple, the doors began to open with a slow, almost sedimentary grind, revealing the crowds beyond, kept back by guards in suing, crystal armour.

"herding nobles?" Luna whispered towards Rose and Silver, as the royal family began to march out in dignified poise, "Better to herd cats. Mayhaps we can speak once the festivities are complete?"

Outside the castle

"Well, not all beings," a familiar voice behind Door and Oasis said. The mare from the train, Jingle, approached with a smile, two other mares close behind. One of them, an awkward looking one, glanced at her.

"Well, the guards are screening for them, but it is still possible changelings could get in," she said, half like a scientist considering a problem, half in a nervous stutter. "I mean, the ambient magical energy makes it unlikely, especially if the crystal heart was activated, but-"

"My sister, Liberty," Jingle interrupted, rolling her eyes. "She likes knowing how things work, and how they break. And this is - stop sulking, Blue. It's your own fault you don't get to be on stage. Blue Belle is friends with some of the actors," Jingle added, grinning. "They got an invitation to the princess, and Blue didn't."

The mare shot her sister an angry, sullen look, before sitting on the ground and crossing her hooves. Jingle rolled her eyes.

"Hard to believe I'm the youngest...anyway, Oasis is right. This is a pretty big deal. It doesn't matter where you come from, the Crystal Empire hosting an event like this is a pretty big deal. Probably helps that they're hosting the Equestria Games next year."

At the palace, the doors began to open, and a pair of ponies in royal garb exited, flanked by guards.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Lark smiled tightly at Liberty's introduction. She was going to go over the Lightning Organ screw by screw, even if it delayed the concert by an hour. It was not going to explode on her watch.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 28, 2015 12:13 am

"Oh hey, you found us. That wasn't difficult." Door nods courteously to Jingle and the two new mares- burying yet more improper thoughts- but his smile is a bit forced again. "You didn't mention you had sisters on the train..." he lets the statement hang there to be taken how it is. Something about the fan and her sudden sisters doesn't sit quite right with him. He can't put his hoof on it though, so maybe its nothing. "Oh look, royals." He says when the doors open, turning back to peer at whoever it was they were here to see.

OOC: He has an odd feeling because I do, but I have no idea if its legitimate or not. Also, I did some rearranging of stuff and decided Door now speaks with a more purplish accent.

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:22 am

Oasis at first merely smiled politely to the returning Jingle, though she took to a more serious, neutral frown as the subject of conversation came clear. Yes, Oasis did suppose that was true—though unlike other beings, Changelings were certainly more dangerous, at least based on what little she had heard. Oasis' eyes lingered on the siblings for a moment, Door's observation put a thought in the back of her mind. This did seem a little odd. Wouldn't they have been with her? The seats on the train had to be rearranged because of the party cannon incident, but it seemed like they would have kept families together. Still it was possible they were separated anyway by necessity but...

Oasis perked up at Door's mention of royals, her train of thought derailed for a moment as she looked about to witness the royalty in question. Oasis gasped, staring at the alicorns, seeing the unmistakable dark coat and star-studded mane of Princess Luna, as well as the fuchsia hues of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.

“Oh my goodness,” Oasis whispered with a restrained excitement

She tried stretching her legs, standing on the tips of her hooves to make sure she was getting a good enough view.

“Oh my goodness!” she repeated, “To be able to witness them this closely... I am most glad I made this trip.”
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:20 am

"It would be my honor your Royal Highness... Provided of course we can hear each other over the sound of the nobles yowling for your attention." Silver answered softly but playfully, hopefully earning a chuckle from the royal sister as the ceremony started quickly going to fall into place in order to not make a fool of himself in front of so many important ponies.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6