Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

+4
mjh6
Paper Shadow
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

That sounds incredible. One additional question: do their non-mechanical body parts look lively, or are they decaying? My memory of Frankenstein does not provide that particular detail.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Beyond the Looking Glass (PbP)

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:39 pm

They are in a very early state of decay, but that process was halted by the magic that put them back together. Nothing too disgusting, but some emaciated parts, as well as exposed tissues that are scarred over. At a glance, though, they're mostly still completely black, minus their faded gold ornamentation and whatever plating and gemstones have been added.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 pm

sunbeam wrote:Can I just make a general request that you describe surfaces more often? Does this place look like an office workspace moved underground, or a mining operation, or like NASA under the cornfields in Interstellar? Is it well-lit? Does it smell of Pine scent or old minerals*? What am I walking through?

*You know, that cave smell. Part rock mould, part stagnant water?

I'm sorry, I'll try and do better at this. I don't always articulate very well, so thank you for pointing this out and always feel free to ask questions about your surroundings.

Site-28 is still very clearly a "work-in-progress": many parts that are under construction sit somewhere between a natural cavern with uneven floors and walls, and something more akin to a mining rig with more even cuts. The completed areas are generally a bland white, probably for budget reasons, interspersed with steel pillars along the walls to hold the ceiling up.

The hallway you happen to be in isn't so white: for whatever reason, someone has elected to paint it a more calming beige shade, and the air feels a tad warmer as well, giving it an overall relaxed feeling.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:48 pm

sunbeam wrote:As she reaches a corner, she stops quietly. It sounded like...someone was talking at the end of the hall? Except there was no sound. She was certain someone was speaking aloud, but she couldn't hear anything. ... Who had been talking?

This made me laugh. Well played!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

I intend to keep it up until some explanation for the Noir monologue manifests itself. She may just begin tuning it out.

Alternatively, she may become convinced that Crash Mat is being stalked by an ethereal, extradimensional presence, and that that being's influence is the reason for his selection on this mission. It depends on just how ridiculous he is.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 pm

I decided to try writing in-character posts in the first person, in character it's probably Crash-mat narrating his actions to himself in a "hard-boiled" manner given his character. He may or may not even be aware he's doing it.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:09 pm

I enjoy it. It's a fun change from normal narration.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:00 am

I do feel that I should use more metaphors though. Maybe.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Agreed. "Wings for miles" is a new favorite for me.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I just posted in the IC thread, and the post is there, but the forum doesn't seem to have acknowledged it (it's not listed in the 'jump to latest post' option), so I'm guessing nobody will get notifications about it. But it's there, and hopefully this post will go through normally, so you should know that I posted something.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:35 pm

yeah, same here, I got a weird "matinence" message when I tried to post just now.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Thinking about it would Insight be a better skill for being suspicious of someone?
Is social perception after all.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Ok 2 questions. First, obviously the twins know who this is... so who is it?

2, if we're starting from level 4, does that mean we should have the +1 bounses to our skills from levels 2-4?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 pm

For the second question yes, so you should have a +3 to all your skills.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:01 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Ok 2 questions. First, obviously the twins know who this is... so who is it?

2, if we're starting from level 4, does that mean we should have the +1 bounses to our skills from levels 2-4?

A) That's Artesian Maverick. (My PC from Ghostubuckers, for those who wondered.)

B) Yes.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:50 pm

The director is Maverick? Ok, so then I think we need to get straight what they ended up doing together prior to the Twins finding their way through the mirror.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:05 am

Sent you a PM.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Anime_stickman Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 am

had to google a few things to make sure that was factually and technically correct in some sort of way

Anime_stickman
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:20 pm

I know that I can only speak for myself, but I think Stickman and I are ready to move forwards with the plot.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Working on it. I may need to make a semi random encounter for you...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am

I promise I have not forgotten this.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3