Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

+8
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Videocrazy
XandZero2
Ramsus
AlicornPriest
LoganAura
Stairc -Dan Felder
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

Post  Philadelphus Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Maybe the campaign is supposed to continue with you two as zombie ponies, or vamponies or something. Wink
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Philadelphus wrote:Maybe the campaign is supposed to continue with you two as zombie ponies, or vamponies or something. Wink

That... would actually be pretty cool. But I doubt it, since dead is dead, so says Stairc the Supreme. (Hey, alliteration!)
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Which is why I think it'd be good reason to find a way to escape. Maybe break a window and leap out or something.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Thought of that. We're at the top of the tower: no doubt the falling damage would kill us. Besides, even if you come up with some reason why that'd work, I'm unconscious now. Sad
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Banana is at -13 HP after taking damage from the chains and 0 PiPs. At least she made her save before she could take more damage...

Also, looks like I derped. I coulda redirected that attack. Had the PiPs and everything. Oh well, I'll call it Banana's mistake and not mine. XD

Wait, so why can't you redirect it?
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Videocrazy wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Banana is at -13 HP after taking damage from the chains and 0 PiPs. At least she made her save before she could take more damage...

Also, looks like I derped. I coulda redirected that attack. Had the PiPs and everything. Oh well, I'll call it Banana's mistake and not mine. XD

Wait, so why can't you redirect it?

Because I posted that she fell unconscious before I realized I could redirect the attack. XP
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Posted. I used Miracle to bring up Banana, before her turn started, so it's still your turn Warrior. Healer's Grace 12 activated, so your Ongoing Damage 7 is also gone.

Cross is at 25 HP and 1 PiP, and is protected by Conjure Warden.
Banana is at 30 HP and 0 PiPs (due to unconsciousness sapping all PiPs).

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:Maybe the campaign is supposed to continue with you two as zombie ponies, or vamponies or something. Wink

That... would actually be pretty cool. But I doubt it, since dead is dead, so says Stairc the Supreme. (Hey, alliteration!)

That would be awesome. But yeah, from what I understand that's a no-go.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Videocrazy wrote:Posted. I used Miracle to bring up Banana, before her turn started, so it's still your turn Warrior. Healer's Grace 12 activated, so your Ongoing Damage 7 is also gone.

Cross is at 25 HP and 1 PiP, and is protected by Conjure Warden.
Banana is at 30 HP and 0 PiPs (due to unconsciousness sapping all PiPs).

That would be awesome. But yeah, from what I understand that's a no-go.

Actually, I just did the math and I'm at 17 HP, since you healed 30 and I was at -13.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh boy... Element of laughter? This should be interesting!

I'll have to roll that when I get access to the table on my lunch break.

Oh, one thing though. VC's right, I seem to have accidentally deleted the whole "heal from 0" thing from the handbook. It's now back in.

Short Version: When you gain life while at negatives, it's treated as if you were at 0 hp. So gain 8 life when at -13 and you're now at 8 life.

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Oh boy... Element of laughter? This should be interesting!

I'll have to roll that when I get access to the table on my lunch break.

Oh, one thing though. VC's right, I seem to have accidentally deleted the whole "heal from 0" thing from the handbook. It's now back in.

Short Version: When you gain life while at negatives, it's treated as if you were at 0 hp. So gain 8 life when at -13 and you're now at 8 life.

Oh, okay. Never mind, then, I'm at 30 as VC said. Also, yes, this will be interesting; I'm counting on it. Twisted Evil
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Quote of the day - From Mothers Against Videogame Violence

Fact: Publishers exploit cute, huggable and lovable franchises such as Pokemon and Splinter Cell, in hopes of hooking more potential gamers in today's youth. This is the same strategy practiced in the tobacco industry. [Emphasis added]

Splinter cell? Cute, huggable and lovable?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Quote of the day - From Mothers Against Videogame Violence

Fact: Publishers exploit cute, huggable and lovable franchises such as Pokemon and Splinter Cell, in hopes of hooking more potential gamers in today's youth. This is the same strategy practiced in the tobacco industry. [Emphasis added]

Splinter cell? Cute, huggable and lovable?

I don't even know what Spliter Cell is and it doesn't sound cuddly at all. And seriously, mothers? I'm all for less violence in video games, but only if they're already unbearably gory and/or realistic. Don't go shooting down Pokemon, because then you'll have to shoot down everything else with that level of violence... which probably includes everything that isn't Sims or Tetris, as well as the entire comic book industry and several Disney movies. You can't possibly shoot all of that down. It's an idiotic strategy. Besides, Pokemon's been around longer than most of the unbearably violent stuff.
[/soapbox]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:03 pm

lol

Also heh, hooking. Right like how books hook us on drama and beyond the pale narratives. People liking newfangled ways of entertainment you don't. Oh the horror! They must stop lest culture keep progressing and changing and not grinding to a halt!*scoffs*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:21 pm

WE'RE ALIVE! YES! Very Happy That was possibly the most awesome and fortunate thing to happen to me ever.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Huh. That was pretty cool.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Something tells me that this wasn't SUPPOSED to happen.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:27 am

Well, that was a flub on the note check. Dan said I'd be able to read it if I spent a few hours looking at it, I'd be able to tell what it was, but I think it's best if we find out now.

Also, Dan? Those guards outside Calcifer's Spire, are they his private ones or Royal Guards?

And on the plus side, critted my skill check!

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you're wondering why some of my flavor names didn't match up with what I did, it's because I've realized that it's a lot harder to think of something consistent when you have to describe anything. So what I think I'm going to do is give the attacks the names that will be my most-used form of attacking with that talent, but adjust just HOW I do it depending on the situation.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 am

That is actually pretty much (aside from lazyness) why I haven't named any of my characters' combat talents. I'll probably describe them differently for however fits the situation.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:39 am

Well, for Faded Tome they'd be consistent. Partially because his attacks are magic-based (and therefore not limited by the situation), and partially because in Skype you don't have to describe your attacks nearly as much as a text post.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 am

Videocrazy wrote:Well, that was a flub on the note check. Dan said I'd be able to read it if I spent a few hours looking at it, I'd be able to tell what it was, but I think it's best if we find out now.

Also, Dan? Those guards outside Calcifer's Spire, are they his private ones or Royal Guards?

And on the plus side, critted my skill check!

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you're wondering why some of my flavor names didn't match up with what I did, it's because I've realized that it's a lot harder to think of something consistent when you have to describe anything. So what I think I'm going to do is give the attacks the names that will be my most-used form of attacking with that talent, but adjust just HOW I do it depending on the situation.

Hopefully a 26 on Arcana will do the job of deciphering the scroll, since you almost certainly are gonna find out about those crystals. Very Happy I'm envious, actually; you got a Nat 20 on something that's possibly plot-relevant. I wasted one on finding out that our attacker is dead. XD
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey Stairc? You said that I recognized a few of the symbols; what were they and what do they mean? Or at least, what was Banana able to figure out?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Hey Stairc? You said that I recognized a few of the symbols; what were they and what do they mean? Or at least, what was Banana able to figure out?

They're like recognizing a few letters (much more complex than that, as High Equestrian runes are a mix between pictographic symbols and phonetic ones - often having dual meanings - but that's the basic idea). You don't know what they mean yet until you can see them in full context. It's a little like recognizing one letter in a page as an "E" and another as a "T". You need to know the rest, or most of them, to get an idea of what they're spelling out.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Hey Stairc? You said that I recognized a few of the symbols; what were they and what do they mean? Or at least, what was Banana able to figure out?

They're like recognizing a few letters (much more complex than that, as High Equestrian runes are a mix between pictographic symbols and phonetic ones - often having dual meanings - but that's the basic idea). You don't know what they mean yet until you can see them in full context. It's a little like recognizing one letter in a page as an "E" and another as a "T". You need to know the rest, or most of them, to get an idea of what they're spelling out.

Ah, I see. Thanks! Very Happy

...must be fairly complicated stuff, though, if a 26 on Arcana didn't do it. Hmmm...
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:08 pm

...must be fairly complicated stuff, though, if a 26 on Arcana didn't do it. Hmmm...

Complicated indeed. You can almost certainly decipher it, but unraveling the mysteries of the past takes a great deal of time. You'll be lucky to do it in under two hours.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:

Complicated indeed. You can almost certainly decipher it, but unraveling the mysteries of the past takes a great deal of time. You'll be lucky to do it in under two hours.

In other words, we'll have to wait until we're someplace less likely to be arrested for murder. The fire will have gotten attention, so we should probably move out soon... but where, is the question...

Don't mind me, Stairc, I'm just musing out loud.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next