Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

+8
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Videocrazy
XandZero2
Ramsus
AlicornPriest
LoganAura
Stairc -Dan Felder
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:56 pm

I still need to know if those guards outside the Spire are Calcier's own, or Royal Guards.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Wizard's Request (Dan's Game - OOC)

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Videocrazy wrote:I still need to know if those guards outside the Spire are Calcier's own, or Royal Guards.

They seemed to wear normal guard uniforms, but you have no way of knowing if they're on his private payroll or are officially stationed there.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Since the Guardian never got one last chance to heal me before the battle finished, Cross is now at 16 HP.

Edit: Dan? Cross is a stallion, not a mare.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Banana is at 24 HP after the fire.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Videocrazy wrote:Since the Guardian never got one last chance to heal me before the battle finished, Cross is now at 16 HP.

Edit: Dan? Cross is a stallion, not a mare.

*laughs* Noted and filed!
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Crud. Even if we escape, there's beasts downstairs, and Cross is down to two HP. If the beasts don't get him, the fire and debris will.

Dan, can you describe the artifacts in the room? Also, does anything look off regarding any of the tapestries? I'm hoping there's some magical/mechanical artifact, or that the tapestries are/are hiding an escape route.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 pm

It's painfully difficult to see through the choking smoke, but several tapestries and shelves cling to the wall between the stained-glass windows. The tapestries seem to hold magic woven into them, but they seem at a glance to be merely enchantments designed to ensure the light from the windows shines pleasingly upon them. The trinkets seem mostly to be sections of rare bone, cracked pottery and tiny beads - none overly magical. However, there does seem to be a shaman's jar from the land Zebras hail from tucked on a close shelf nearby one of the stained glass windows. Herbs shamans use might be tucked within it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Can I make it to the jar without an Acrobatics check?
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Videocrazy wrote:Can I make it to the jar without an Acrobatics check?

If you forgo using a combat talent.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey Dan, do I have to stick with Draw Blood, or can I swap it out with Scan?

Anyways, my combat talents for this are:

Draw Blood/Scan
Syphon Life
Song of Shielding
Miracle
Guardian Angel
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 am

Stairc, you are brutal man, you know that?

-I'm sure it makes for some tense scenes, but I have no idea how Many Faces and VC are going to get out of that death-trap.

BTW - I love how the Element of Laughter beat the wizard. That was pretty cool.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:25 am

Videocrazy wrote:Hey Dan, do I have to stick with Draw Blood, or can I swap it out with Scan?

Draw Blood/Scan
Syphon Life
Song of Shielding
Miracle
Guardian Angel

You can swap it out for scan if you like.

XandZero2 wrote:Stairc, you are brutal man, you know that?

-I'm sure it makes for some tense scenes, but I have no idea how Many Faces and VC are going to get out of that death-trap.

Yep, the element of laughter was awesome there.

As for how they're going to get out - I'm curious too. Things have definitely taken some bad turns, especially with their lingering over the scene. Freedom is so close and yet so far, they can even see the city outside through the stained-glass windows beside Red Cross.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Videocrazy wrote:Hey Dan, do I have to stick with Draw Blood, or can I swap it out with Scan?

Draw Blood/Scan
Syphon Life
Song of Shielding
Miracle
Guardian Angel

You can swap it out for scan if you like.

XandZero2 wrote:Stairc, you are brutal man, you know that?

Yep, the element of laughter was awesome there.

As for how they're going to get out - I'm curious too. Things have definitely taken some bad turns, especially with their lingering over the scene. Freedom is so close and yet so far, they can even see the city outside through the stained-glass windows beside Red Cross.

I'm actually curious, too. I get the feeling Banana's going to have to be the awesome one here. I'll just be an unconscious loadstone.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Seems like we're waiting on Warrior of Many Faces here - unless I'm missing something.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 am

Sorry, I'm on a road trip and my Internet's not exactly reliable as a result; sorry for forgetting to inform you in advance. XP
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:48 am

I'll be taking Deal with Discord, Wheel of Fortune Quick Disruption, Dis-chord, Wild LightningChaos Burst.

EDIT: Banana is at 15 HP. Also, Stairc, do I have my PiPs back or am I still at 0?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't think you actually needed a check to get past the armor. I didn't need one, and I'm right beside the window right now. Then again, I could be wrong.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:27 pm

You have your pips back, you'd spent a few minutes investigating the study. Also, you don't need a check to get past the armor if you don't use a combat talent. You can spend all your time keeping your defenses up and moving past them. Otherwise, you'll need an Acrobatics or Stunts check (or a harder Arcana check if you have It's Witchcraft) to avoid getting whacked by them as you run.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 am

Cross is unconscious at -10.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:57 am

Banana is at 4 HP. Yay.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 am

Presuming you don't fail that check, you might want to consider surrendering. We're at something like the heart of Canterlot, you're carrying me, and even if you dropped me the chances of you escaping are slim. Still, it is ultimately your call, since my stupid plot is unconscious.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

TPKO

-I'm calling it (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Not necessarily little chance. The guards are around the far base of the wide tower and they'll need to devote most of their forces to containing the magical beasts and constructs inside.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Not necessarily little chance. The guards are around the far base of the wide tower and they'll need to devote most of their forces to containing the magical beasts and constructs inside.

^Why you got to ruin my hopes and dreams?

(;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Not necessarily little chance. The guards are around the far base of the wide tower and they'll need to devote most of their forces to containing the magical beasts and constructs inside.

Sorry, to clarify I meant ALL the Canterlot guards, not just the ones around the tower.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next