Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:54 pm

The instant they're inside, Daff spends nearly all his time looking around wide-eyed with his mouth hanging for several long seconds until Rousseau hops off of his head and scurries up the side of one wall, and begins hoping from flower bed to support beam to balcony.

"Rousseau! Come back! You'll step on a very expensive flower!" Daff calls. As Rousseau scampers around to the other side of the building, Daff's gaze moves briefly to Gilgamesh, and his brow wrinkles a little in confusion. He calls a little more urgently to the scampering squirrel who eventually returns after a full lap around the opening.

As the party piles into the large room, Daff gives a bright smile and wave to Lexicon, whispers something to Rousseau, then settles down in one of the larger seats. He excitedly helps himself (and the squirrel, of course) to sweets.

The stallion chimes in with the others, though with much more excitement and none of the caution. "Anti-villainy equipment is a most good thing! Rousseau and I will do what we can to protect it from the villains it will be anti-ing, but cannot quite yet!"

He gives another firm nod as the others throw out ideas and plans, all of which sound quite good to him. He feels particularly proud when Lexicon's and his own ideas line up. Stand around and look scary had also been his entire plan.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:30 am

A little out of his depth, Dove decides to stay quiet and watch how the deal unfolds, quietly munching on the sweets alongside Daff.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:18 am

While Crimson was a little surprised to receive praise from Lexicon, the mask he wore helped to hide it. Respectfully nodding his head towards their dragon 'patron', Crimson beckoned the rest of the team (Of which they still hadn't chosen a name for yet. Something to work on later) into something of a huddle on the opposite side of the room; A task made slightly difficult considering Gaia's current size but he wasn't about to say anything on the subject.

Hopefully everyone would get the hint that they needed to discuss the matter as a team before they agreed to anything; The last time he had ignored this lesson he had been treated to the lovely sensation of feeling frostbite on burns.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Daff takes a moment to catch on. He'd been distracted by a particularly yummy candy that he'd been simultaneously trying to share with Rousseau, and get Dove to try. His former goal made the latter more difficult. He soon makes his way over to where Crimson is, and takes a place opposite of him in the classic huddle pose, where he looks back at the others and waves them over eagerly. He briefly looks hopefully at Gaia, before distracting himself finding a place to put Rousseau where he can be part of the huddle.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:14 am

Madame Mask looked at the huddle signal and the small one beginning to form. She felt it was rude to huddle up and have a separate conversation in front of whomever else is in the conversation, but did not say anything about that right now. "To be honest Mr. Author, my concern is with us appearing as heroes-for-hire towards the public. I understand that merely making our presence known will make possible troublemakers hesitant, but if that presence is too heavy, ponies will feel that we lean towards lending our services to the important and the wealthy members of society like yourself, as opposed to helping anywhere in the city when needed. The public wants to see superheroes as those who swoop in at the nick of time to save the day, wherever trouble may be, not an extra layer of security to hire. But, between the profile of this event and the recent prison break, protecting the event is important. Would you mind if the team and I discussed with each other privately so we are all on the same page on how we'd like to proceed? Just briefly, I know you're a very busy dragon and I'd hate to infringe on your schedule."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.4

Post  AleneShazam Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:09 am

Lexicon waves a claw casually. "Please, take as much time as you need," he says, "Being a CEO is not nearly as busy as others would make it out to be, anyway. Signature here, speech there, all in a day's work. I'll just be over here, when you've come to a decision."

Giving the group a polite nod, he excuses himself from the discussion and turns his attention back to whatever corporate bureaucracy CEOs deal with.

(OOC: Since I don't want this discussion to drag, you can settle the decision through skype so we can get the plot rolling a bit faster).
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.5

Post  AleneShazam Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Summary of Discussion:

"All very valid points," Lexicon nods agreeably, leaning back in his executive seat, "Very well. For security purposes, I cannot show you everything we plan to supply to the police force, but I will allow you to survey the equipment that will be showed during the demonstration."

He stops for a moment, before getting a hard-to-decipher look in his eyes, "In fact, it would be my honor, as the designer of most of the technology, to personally show you around our products. Who better to explain their workings, after all?"

He smiles mysteriously, sitting a little straighter, "So will you be doing that now? I'd be more than willing to show you what we have in the works."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:39 pm

Ugh, that smile. Sunset's always hated that smile.

Suppressing a shudder, she says, "That was kinda what we were hopin' for."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Crimson was somewhat content to let Sunset take the lead of the conversation with their patron... largely because he found the grin the dragon was giving them somewhat off putting.

However, before they wandered off to look at the fancy new technology Crimson felt an idea trickle into his mind... and a small, professional grin appeared on his face as he cleared his throat. "Mr Lexicon, may I make a request? I am assuming that we would be given some kind of passes if we were to join up with your own security for the demonstration of your technology and if that is the chance might I request we receive one or two... for lack of a better word 'blank' passes?"

Quickly deciding to explain the logic behind his suggestion, Crimson continued "An idea that the lovely Miss Sunset has brought up before was the possibility of reaching out to other heroes who have fallen on hard times due to the success of the Power Ponies and help reestablish them as 'Reserves' for the team. Not only would this allow the team to earn itself some good will by actively encouraging the return of other heroes besides the Power Ponies, but it would also expand our roster and allow us to fill holes in the team in the event that we get a vacancy for one reason or another. I bring this up because the demonstration seems like an excellent opportunity to give the 'Reserve Program' a trial run. We could even offer a decent amount of support to Reserve members in their fight against crime... Of course, if we did this and a journalist decided to suggest that the Power Ponies have never seemed interested in bringing any heroes but themselves into the limelight..." Crimson trailed off, letting the dragon work out the rest.

Crimson hated himself a little for playing this political game... he actually felt kind of dirty because of it. But despite the fact that he didn't trust the dragon as far as he could buck him, Lexicon was a patron of their team who had some sort of agenda against the Power Ponies current stranglehold on the Hero front; Getting him to back a plan that would strengthen the Hero community as a whole because it made his chosen team look good while making the Power Ponies look bad would still put the Hero community ahead of the curb.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.6

Post  AleneShazam Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:07 pm

"Taking in interns already?" Lexicon chuckles. "As long as you approve the choice with Ferrum here, I see no problem with this. I'll have Gilgamesh arrange for the blank passes later."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Madame Mask would like to shoot literal daggers out of her eyes at the Crimson Chef for constantly pushing this whole "let's bring old heroes out of retirement" thing, as she believed that metaphoric daggers would do nothing to the pony. Alas, she can not, so she hides her contempt for the idea inside for the time being so discussions can continue...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:10 am

Sunset resists her own temptation to shoot Chef in the face twice for putting her endorsement on his idea without her consent. She ultimately decides to get the point across with a gentle slap across the rump with her tail.

"All due respect, Mr. Author," she says, "nopony's gonna put on a mask 'n' costume just to be put in a reserve program, and I would never stake my name on that as a way to get capes on streets. Better they be done like we were. Put together as a team, given what they need to hit the ground runnin', then given a lead to investigate. If we need 'em to back us up, they can be given a tip-off to head our way. If we gotta fill a spot in our group, we'll recruit."

She pauses to let her words digest, then says, "I think we're ready to preview your tech whenever you are, sir."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:17 pm

"Mmm." Gaia doesn't care for all this political maneuvering- it's boring, and frankly she's not too invested in the hero scene other than her own goals. "Yeah, let's go."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.7

Post  AleneShazam Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am

Lexicon smiles and beckons with his claw for the group to follow him, with Gilgamesh staying behind to watch the office.

He snaps his claws as he approaches the doors of the office, and when he opens them, rather than the sight of the lobby from which the group had entered, the door instead leads into what looks like an incredibly advanced laboratory/workshop area. Many ponies with cutie marks pertaining to technology, the sciences, and engineering mill about the large workplace, presumably working on the next batch of latest and greatest LexiCon products.

Lexicon smiles again, wider, and perhaps just a touch more genuinely, as he leads the group into the workplace. "Welcome to the LexiCon Labs. We gather the best and brightest talents from across the world, making innovations that in turn make the world a better place. This is what started it all - Lexicon Consolidated, I mean. A place of invention, headed by yours truly. Of course, I mostly handle executive duties nowadays, but every so often I feel that spark of inspiration, and head down here for a little DIY project. The latest peacekeeping equipment, for example, is one of those projects."

Finally he brings the group to one of the workstations - neat, but clearly well-used judging by the stack of designs and notes and open toolbox. Next to it is three mannequins, loaded with all sorts of sensors and gadgets, two of which are holding up some kind of high-tech exoskeleton suit. Both have a digital plaque next to it, one of them saying "Model 14A Peacekeeping Exoskeleton. Codename: Solus" while the other says "Model 6V Special Operations Exoskeleton. Codename: Luna". There's a third stand which is unoccupied, with the plaque saying "Currently In Dev. Codename: Sneaky Ninja Suit", and under that a sticky note saying, "Which jackass rewired the display?! Reset it before the boss gets back!"

Lexicon gestures grandiosely at the exoskeletons, at first specifically at the Peacekeeping model. It's plain white in most places, and has a slick and streamlined aesthetic. A clear face-plate covers the 'face' of the armor, and there seems to be room for attachment for horn and wing coverings for pegasi and unicorns. Emblazoned on the chest is the Maretropolis Police Department emblem, a horn encircled by two wings and a pair of crossed hooves, a sign of unity and protection for all.

"Our first series of functional, mass-produced powered armor in the market. The Peacekeeping variant is projected to be standard issue for all street-level activity in the future, but for now that's out of the city's budget. It's nothing flashy, but offers superior protection to the current line of peacekeeping equipment, and allows lifting power upwards of a metric ton or so. There's also a non-lethal concussive wave generator that functions similarly to the stunning spell taught to unicorns in the force."

He then turns to the Spec Ops model. Although it retains many of the core features of the Peacekeeping model, such as the streamlined minimalist aesthetic, the color scheme is black rather than white, and has more seams in the armor panels that look like they might open up.

"The Spec Ops variant is for more specialized strike forces. Modular, and far more flexible, with a wider range of possible attachments. When properly outfitted the maximum output reaches around five tons, and by default it offers limited powered flight and artificial telekinesis. No matter the situation, the Spec Ops model will have an appropriate attachment for the job."

He then looks back to the group, gauging their reaction. He seems to pointedly ignore the last plaque.

(Also, roll Perception)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:15 am

Sunset patiently listens to the dragon's sales pitch. When he was done, she asks, "All well 'n' good, but what security do they got? If I tried to put one o' them suits on 'n' zoom off with it, what would stop me?"

Rolls:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:20 pm

"Oh darling, I'm sure Mr. Author has better technology than these suits for his security. These suits are designed to be produced in large qualities with a budget in mind, after all." Madame Mask rests a hoof on the lower side of her face, "Unless you meant what security the suit itself has, should one be acquired be overwhelming an officer with one on, but I'm sure that has been considered."

(Perception Check: 18 (Roll) + 14 (Skill) = 32)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:05 am

"They don't look like much," Bear-Chimera-Gaia says dubiously, "Too flimsy if you ask me. On the small side of things."

>Perception: 19 (roll) + 11 (Skill) = 30
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:26 am

Crimson tilted his head a little as he looked at the two suits that were currently on display (Even if he was occasionally glancing at the third stand in curiosity). While the others were busy asking questions about what kind of measures would stop your average criminal or villain from overpowering and stealing one of the suits for themselves, Crimson decided to ask a different type of question. "If the city can't afford to buy these things on mass, just how many of them are they going to get?"

Dice Roll:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.8

Post  AleneShazam Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:04 am

"For now, the suits are tailor made. It takes a certain amount of training to adequately use the suits, and only a small group of individuals have passed the preliminary training regime I designed." Lexicon says, putting a claw on the Solus exosuit. "For the mass-produced Solus suits, we have a pair of users for each district constabulary for now, which should cut down on street-level crime. There's a team assembled for the Luna exosuits as well, available on demand for when we can't contact your team, to handle more dangerous threats."

He turns to look at Sunset and Mask, saying, "Miss Mask is of course correct - we won't have to worry about theft. Unless in the factory setting, these suits are hard-coded to accept commands from only their designated users. Anyone else tries to use it, and it causes a hardware shut down that can only be reversed by our labs. The shutdown can also be triggered remotely if absolutely need be, such as in event of mental influence or betrayal."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Daff nods eagerly as the discussion goes to other heroes. "Even normal ponies can do good! Like me, and how I help Rousseau! Getting more together's smart," he decides. Only then does his gaze go between Madame Mask, then especially Sunset and Crimson. "I... think..." he amends uncertainly, finally picking up on the tension. He looks away awkwardly and decides to just focus on following Lexicon instead.

Daff's bafflement as the doors open somewhere else is short lived, instead swept away by a awe.

"Oooooh! Look at the fancy suits! Think of all the evil those boots could buck! He trots closer, then looks upwards.

"No, I don't think so. Maybe they couldn't fit all of that in a squirrel-sized suit yet," he says to Rousseau. "I'm sure they will keep trying," he adds soothingly before craning his head forward again for a better look.

Perception Check:
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:19 am

Perception: 11 + 19 = 30

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.9

Post  AleneShazam Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:03 pm

"A miniaturization project is in the works." Lexicon says, helpfully.

Daff and Crimson don't see anything, but Sunset catches a slight shimmer of something vaguely pony shaped on the third stand, while Gaia, Dove and Mask manage to see the outline of another suit, almost completely imperceptible save a slight iridescent shimmer around the edges. It's completely different from the other two, more like a bodysuit than armor with a slender and almost organic appearance. Slight ridges and indents can be seen, taking the form of tribal patterning all across the suit, though the transparency makes it hard to tell for sure.

This, presumably, is the Sneaky Ninja Suit.

"Are there any more questions, or would you like a... live demonstration?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 pm

"Sure. But if I can make one request? Let me put one o' them suits on, with the security off. Hypothetical scenario: I'm a villain, 'n' I got my hooves on a spiffy LexiCon super-suit. Took me some doin', but I broke your security 'n' made it so your remote-shutdown don't work. I'm an amateur, but I figure I'll learn as I go."

She raises a hoof.

"I know. Ain't likely to happen. But I didn't hear the word 'impossible' outta you, and this is Maretropolis. I like to be prepared for eveything."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 pm

"Indeed, I'd like to see what these things are capable of." Gaia says, in response to Lexicon.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 23 Empty 3.10

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Lexicon nods at Sunset's request, and leads the group away from the stand, towards a side room. "Right this way, then."

The room looks to be a testing chamber of some sort, with white walls, and only a table in one corner. Otherwise the room is completely bare, though apertures in the wall look like they might be used for putting testing targets into the room.

A few moments later, a few technicians wheel in a brand new Solus suit, and Lexicon offers it to Sunset. "We don't have your exact measurements, but this one should fit well enough for testing purposes."

He begins to explain the process of putting the suit on - a tight-fitting bodysuit underneath, then the user basically steps into the suit, the back opening up and the limbs loosening so it slips on in one go.

SOLUS prototype stats:

Last edited by AleneShazam on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next