Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny

2 posters

Go down

Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny Empty Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny

Post  Espresso Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:24 pm

So... yeah. The title should be pretty self explanatory.
The story behind this is that in the game I'm currently organizing (the Dark Souls one) I have a player who wants to play a weapon-smith that, like the smiths in Dark Souls, will eventually be able to turn powerful souls into legendary weapons and equipment. We thought about inventor, but the flavor isn't quite right, and the abilities don't really match either. Planeshaper is more appropriate - his concept is more akin to the alchemists from Full Metal Alchemist, quickly making a bunch of weapons that he can chuck around like a badass (out of combat, of course). But the 'build a plane' part of it makes no sense for his character to have, and he doesn't like 'shape reality' because the material stays the same, meaning he'll either have to lug a great big anvil of steel around to make anything substantial, or make swords out of dirt, neither of which he finds particularly appealing.
(We briefly joked about Inventor, and just filling the expanded space to the brim with swords so he can 'create' infinite swords out of thin air - but as I said the rest didn't really work for him)
So to that end we decided to try and create an original destiny for his character, and this is what we have figured out thus far:

Soul Forger Destiny:

At the moment I feel like Level 10 is underwhelming while level 7 is overwhelming... or maybe it isn't? I don't know. Is it over-powered? Is it under-powered? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Espresso on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny Empty Re: Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny

Post  Senshuken Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:54 pm

It looks pretty good but if I could make a suggestion?

Instead of getting all those Ascension's at once when you hit level 7, how about just having the more basic upgrades open to the player to start with... until they can gather special embers to learn how to perform more advanced or exotic upgrades... such as how the player in Dark Souls needs to find the Holy and Occult Embers.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny Empty Re: Weaponsmith/Enchanted Weapons Guy/The "I want to make Excalibur" Destiny

Post  Espresso Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:46 am

I reworked some stuff, mainly ascension since it offers such versatility. Instead of limiting each ascension to once per day, they're at will, but players are limited to only having three ascensions available, which is selected during an extended rest. I also increased the cost of the ascension.
Updated Soul Forger:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:20 am

Finalized Soul Forger. Faege and I have come to the conclusion that, since weapons are generally for combat use, this destiny won't really be able to showcase 'the ultimate smith' without stepping into combat territory. Instead we opted to make Soul-Forger more of a jack-of-all-trades destiny, with versatile enchantments that are basically buffed up versions of existent abilities, such as Rune of Return, the Elemental abilities, Strengthen/Weaken substance, and Hex. The actual weapon summoning ability is now virtually unlimited, with the soul system only implemented to limit how many weapons can be out at a time. For that reason weapons summoned also no longer disappear with an extended rest (so that destiny users actually have the ability to distribute usable weaponry to people), though enchanted weapons will disappear (until level 10, wherein the soul forger can give out enchanted greatswords for Christmas).

I also gave the level 4 an ability for appraising smithed items because why not, an expert smith should be able to do that easily.

Soul Forger 3.0:

Additionally these are some Legendary Weapons that I came up with, please note that the power level of these weapons are in consideration of my current Dark Souls campaign, GMs may chose to make legendaries weaker or stronger as they please, given that by various means legendary weapons can be used by characters other than PCs, and the forger has no real ability to prevent them from doing so...

Legendary Weapons:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down