Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, how interested are people in non-pony settings?

5 posters

Go down

So, how interested are people in non-pony settings? Empty So, how interested are people in non-pony settings?

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:43 am

Both Pony Tales/Living Legnds and Wanderlust are, strictly speaking, setting neutral, and I enjoy coming up with ideas that would be workable with them. However, I have to ask - is there much interest in non-pony games here? I mean, obviously we share an interest in ponies, but I'd like to be able to run Living Legends and Wanderlust in other settings...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

So, how interested are people in non-pony settings? Empty Re: So, how interested are people in non-pony settings?

Post  AleneShazam Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:41 am

tbh I have so many ideas that just wouldn't translate well into a pony game, so I'm always up for a non-Pony PT/WL game

btw, is it just me or the Living Legends handbook outdated?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

So, how interested are people in non-pony settings? Empty Re: So, how interested are people in non-pony settings?

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:10 am

AleneShazam wrote:btw, is it just me or the Living Legends handbook outdated?
Oh, most assuredly. Since PT and LL have seperated Handbook, Abilities, and Boons (for base flavour reasons), but people here almost exclusively play PT out of the two, LL was bound to go outdated. I know for a fact the changes I've made to abilities weren't ported over, meaning it is the last bastion of the dreaded Tricks of the Trade...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:58 am

Not to mention they made Wanderlust to replace both systems. I know that the longest running game on here was LL (I was in it), so its bound to be a popular change of pace for those who have only gotten to play pony settings.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm

That doesn't surprise me. Functionally, you could use the abilities/talents in Pony Tales and just reflavor them, which is often what happens anyway. XD

As for settings, I ask because I've gotten a number of ideas that don't involve ponies - I've even run a couple, although I was less experienced at that time and the games fell through. One in particular I've wanted to run was set in a setting that I've put a lot of work into, one that I want to use as a setting for writing fantasy novels someday. Sadly, I was planning to run a game with a member who then burned out on forum RPGs, so I never ran it.

Of course, what I'd really like to do is an AU pony setting, an alternate version of Equestria set in a D&D-esque heroic fantasy world. I've been working on that for a long time, ever since I first encountered the Buck: Legacy fan card game. I probably should make a thread describing that in more detail, to see what people's thoughts are.

I also would enjoy a game based on a fanfic called My(stara's) Little Ponies: Friendship is Adventuring. It's probably my favorite fanfic of all time, and it crossed over MLP and the old D&D setting of Mystara - as in, the two have been merged as though Equestria is a natural part of the setting. It's not unheard of to see humans and halflings adventuring alongside colorful ponies. It's a style of crossover I don't see often, and I really enjoy it. I think that'd be more fitting for actual D&D, however.

Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldstone14 Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

I actually have an idea inspired a bit by Xenoblade 1 and 2. But im trying to think of how the concepts would work with the game systems, and honestly Wanderlust would work the best for the idea. So I may play around with this idea.

But I do enjoy non-pony ideas.
Goldstone14
Goldstone14
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down