Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.)

4 posters

Go down

Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.) Empty Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.)

Post  Senshuken Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:26 am

Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.) 2013-01-23-teddybears_vs_nightmares

"You shalt not pass, Beast of Nightmare!" ~ Sir Hugglesworth the Second, veteran of a thousand battles.

Ponies believed that the war between Celestia and Nightmare Moon ended when Nightmare Moon was banished to the moon, sealed away so that she couldn't harm her former subjects anymore; Ponies believe in a lot of things that aren't true. The war merely stopped being a physical thing and instead became a struggle that involved countless minds across Equestria and beyond.

Each day that Celestia's sun lowered and the moon rose to signal that it was time for ponies to slumber, the Mare in the Moon would launch her assaults on the dreamscape anew. Nightmares and fears given life to infect the minds of pony kind with intent on making them bitter, cruel and consumed by despair and darkness. While Celestia fought the good fight by herself for countless years, she was only one mare and the hordes of nightmarish shadows were as unending and numerous as the fears and phobias of pony kind itself; She simply couldn't be everywhere at once. She needed to even the odds.

She needed an army of her own.  

She made one.

Gathering together the brightest magical minds of the day from all corners of the globe, Celestia developed an enchantment to be cast world wide in secret. While the ponies and peoples of the world slumbered, those who were the most at risk of being corrupted by fears and nightmares in their sleep would be offered a degree of protection. Their toys and playthings would be given a life of their own, tasked with the duty to protect their charges in their sleep from whatever dark beasts would crawl from the shadows during the night to try and fill them full of darkness and fear. Each night across the world, countless battles raged over individual foals and children to decide the fate of their hearts and minds.

This tale is not about the big picture through. It is about one foal and the band of toys that were sworn to protect 'em.

..........................................................................................................

A simple idea really. The party is going to be made up of children's toys who are secretly alive who, night after night must protect their young charge from the manifestations of nightmares and fears given form that would seek to cause their child harm and duress.

The form these toys can take is completely up to the imagination of the player, but I reserve the right to talk with a player in order to help make a concept work if I feel like what they are suggesting is to complex to handle properly. An example of a toy that I would need to discuss the finer details of playing would be a bucket of toy solders: Rather then having a player play... well, all of the toy solders at once, they might have to play the general of the army, giving orders to his men. That's just an idea through and I'm happy to talk about interesting concepts in greater detail if you want to try something else.

We will be using the Pony Tales system because that is the one I am most familiar with, with characters starting at level 1.

EDIT: To give people a timeframe for what kind of toys are acceptable, alongside what materials... The start point of this Rp will be set around when the Mane 6 are fillies. Rule of thumb: If it was around in during our 90's, it's likely going to be perfectly fine. Anything more modern then that and it gets stretchy.

Edit the 2nd: The general tone of this Rp is going to be somewhat gray; It will be dark at times, things will almost certainly be lost in the process and the situation is likely to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, but there is always a dawn to be fought for and there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.) Empty Re: Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.)

Post  AleneShazam Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDkw6tYGx7e3daDDBUwGfzA5-e4VjGAWcToAtpPLlis/edit?usp=sharing

This is Lil' Ray of Sunshine, a Compassion Ursa™️ who is pathologically incapable of feeling or comprehending negative emotions! This lil' guy is always happy!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.) Empty Re: Nightlight (Pony Tales, Play by Post, Looking for players.) (Edited a further information.)

Post  Senshuken Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:19 am

I'm liking what I'm seeing Shazam, but I feel like mentioning that out of the 8 combat talents you can have, you've only selected two. The Shield of Valor only counts as one.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

Oh, a new game, and with a really interesting premise! I don't have a character set up yet, but I'll see about having one up and posted within the next couple of days. It's been a couple of years, but hopefully I can hop back into the system, like riding a bike.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:16 pm

I look forward to seeing what you come up with Colter Bolt.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 am

Alright, admittedly it's rough around the edges, and I think I read the ability document far too many times before finishing, but here's the 2-pack Skelecolt and Beast-Stallion, from the hit series He-Stallion and the Masters of the Universe.

I'm certainly happy to discuss anything if you feel something should be changed or polished.

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 am

Bolter, it says I don't have permission to see your character sheet.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:38 am

Oof, rustier than I thought, I guess. Fixed now.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

Okay Colter, looked over Skelecolt (and Beast-Stallion) and I like what I see. I feel like I should mention that you still have 1 ability point and 500 gold left to you, but if you decide not to claim anything with them now, you can save them until you earn more later on.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 am

Yeah, I tried to figure out what I could do to use up all available gold and points, but just couldn't find anything that felt good. I might still change up what abilities I'll have on him before we start. Still deciding if I want arcane eye to be part of the Magic choices, or if I'll hold that one off for level up. Planning to keep equipment as is though, and then on level up get dual wield and get another weapon. Style it up like wave 2 came out and included a weapon pack or something. I don't know. Sleep deprivation is how I've made him so far.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 pm

After some discussion with Shazam, a very good point was raised that I should take into account.

Due to the nature of the game, the Mechanical trait may be taken for free if so desired. So Colter and Shazam get an extra 4 points to play with because they both took it before I came to this decision.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Cool. Thought about asking about that. I'll scour through the abilities document again.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:28 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a7g91iWpSvYmVGBBbChqHCsmQFZa_x6alS1azIy1gFc/edit?usp=sharing

A rubik's cube

it's psychic because anyone who can actually solve the damn things are some kind of
intelligent person
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:32 am

Looking alright Espresso, through I feel like if your combat abilities aren't connected to the cube matching sides up, I will be disappointed.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:11 am

Also, don't know how well it'll pan out, but I got a bud, loves rubik's cubes, and I was talking about Espresso's character with him and he said the system sounded interesting, and that he's been looking to get into an RPG system like this. I'm set up to play some Them's Fightin Herds with him today, and might be able to talk to him more about it.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:40 am

Sounds good man.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Having now added an image for Skelecolt, if anyone would like an image for their character I am happy to do so.

And on a side-note, just so there's no confusion when it all starts, I have changed and cemented that Beast-Stallion is now Beast-Dog the Diamond Dog.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down