Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monsters by Demonu

+4
Philadelphus
XandZero2
SilentBelle
Demonu
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monsters by Demonu - Page 2 Empty Re: Monsters by Demonu

Post  Demonu Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 am

Updated the list with:
- Changeling Drone
- Changeling Soldier
- Dazed status effect
- Undead Template
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:21 am

Demonu wrote:- Morale Boost
--> When the Changeling Soldier rolls a crit of a d8 pr d10, it gains 1 PiP.
Something like that might make an interesting trait idea (something like "Gain a PiP whenever you trigger your special move"). Mind if I suggest it in the traits thread?

Also, some thoughts on the fight: it definitely dragged on a bit, but it was an interesting fight and made me think very tactically. The mechanics were fairly easy to understand, and I think I'd grasped nearly all the concepts by the end of the third or fourth round when the changelings made their dazing attacks (about the only thing I missed was that they had only 20 HP, I was assuming they had 30 like us). The fact that they healed turned the fight from "throw damage at it until it stops moving" to "weaken enemies with ongoing damage to reduce their healing ability, watch for opportunities, and pick 'em off when they're weak", which was a bit of a change. I was having a lot of fun combining ongoing damage with judicious use of Punishing Blow to take down individual changelings without ever actually targeting them directing (I only just noticed during the fight that the Duelist trait would apply to Punishing Blow, so that was a pleasant surprise). Also, that 13 ongoing damage was extremely fun to pull off. Smile As was the fact that I knocked out three of them before anyone else had even knocked out one. Very Happy

Only thing I could see to improve (now that you reduced their Syphon Life from 1d8 to 1d6) would be to decrease the number of changelings in the fight, as it took a long time to resolve all the individual turns. Two changelings per person instead of three would probably have run a bit faster, while still feeling like being outnumbered.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:32 am

Updated list with Changeling Swarm
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 am

Oh boy, I am SO HAPPY AU didn't enter combat alone right now... And he was able to to build that Magical Automatic Clockwork Crossbow so quickly.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2