Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge Empty Zilean's Revenge

Post  Lyntermas Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 am

Howdy, everyone. For those of you who don't know, I am Lyntermas, creator of alt-scripts. Back on Friendship is Dragons, a few commentators started a play by post that eventually became known as Zilean's Revenge. However, the threads containing our campaign would often take up a large portion of the comment section, so we decided to move here. Now, our campaign does not follow the Pony Tales rules (or have any ponies in it at all yet), but we felt this could be a good place to set up our postings.

Zarhon - DM
Lyntermas - Rolf Towden
Picture, Character Sheet
Bronymous - Horizon
Picture and Character Sheet
Kris_The_Guest - Tiffany Ryu Inactive
Ramsus - Skitter
Character Sheet
Broken Logic - Jeraylia Shale
Picture
Azarune - Zthulan Ydal
Picture, Character Sheet

Here are some transcripts from our campaign before we came here (transcripts have been edited to mostly being story updates. For most commentary, speculation, and other hijinks, please view the original comic pages.)

Comics 141 and 142
Comics 143-145
Comics 146-147
Comic 148
Comic 149
Comic 150
Comic 151
Comic 152

Backstories
Rolf
Magic Kindergarten
MK Epilogue
The Wizard Met The Thief
Invisibility
Freelance Work
The Deal-Rolf
The Adventurer's Secret
The Broom Golem

Horizon
The Beginning
The Bait and Switch Tavern
The Deal - Horizon
In the Tunnels

Skitter
Names

More to be added later.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Zilean's Revenge Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Kris_The_Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 am

(*Flails* Waiting!)
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:30 pm

This is going to be so much more time consuming then F5ing the comments. We're also going to lose all of our spectators.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Happy Campaign Continuation Eve! Get hype, do work!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:21 am

Update time!

Important note, by the way: I now realize that I made a discrepancy regarding the area Rolf is in. The ladder Rolf came down on is roughly in the middle of the balcony. The down-to-main-hall-staircase is on the side closer to the altar. On the side of the balcony closer to the door is another ladder, leading to an isolated attic scaffolding where the roof is slightly more raised than the other sections of the temple. Rolf is now on one end of the balcony, near the staircase. The cleric is near the ladder they came from, watching both sides and keeping his back to the ladder he came from (which is against a wall). The other balcony does NOT have a ladder leading to an isolated scaffolding, it just ends in a dead end. The pillars that extend to the roof are only between the middle ladder and the downwards staircase section.

Visualization:
______________O__O__O__O__
(..................C.....2.....1.....R...)
==#========#=========U==

__
( ) Balcony edges
= Wall
# Ladder, going up
U Down staircase
R Rolf
C Cleric
1 Someone yelled roughly here
2 Where the flare stopped
O Pillars
... Floor/Empty space
Horizon, Tiffany, Skitter

All three of you, as well as the paladin, all hastily exit the cold-storage chamber. Matilda isn't able to follow Skitter, however, as one of the appendages decided to pick a fight with her, before she could do so.

Appendage -> 10
Matilda -> natural 1

A clawing hand appendage, through sheer dumb luck, managed to attach itself to Matildas head and poke her in the eye, causing it to bleed. She trashes around in pain for a bit, before shaking it off and biting down on it in retaliation. Not willing to get hurt further, she decides to retreat, grabbing the torso section and heading down the hole she came from. There is only one more "living" appendage left, which decides to try to jump towards Horizon, attempting to reach him before the wall section seals the chamber closed (it started closing on its own shortly after Horizon passed through it).

Appendage -> 12
Horizon -> 12

Horizon kicks back the appendage, giving the wall just enough time to close with it on the other side. The sound of clawing can be heard on the other side.

Rolf

Rolf Perception -> 2
Cleric Perception -> 7

Attaching the gem to his eye, he instantly notices that there is a cylinder attached to one of the pillars, similar to the one from before. He also sees a single cultist, dagger in hand, crouched on one knee near the Cleric, holding the back of his head in pain. The cleric nervously flails around with his staff, trying to locate the unseen enemy, but it doesn't help much, as the cultist is out of its reach.

Meanwhile, on the other balcony, the cub decided to pounce on his would-be attacker.

Pounce -> 11
Cultist -> 2

It jumps onto his robes, gripping it tightly with its claws and starts clawing and biting him randomly, causing him to yell, scream and otherwise be in distress, flailing around, trying to get it off.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 am

Rolf smirked as he heard the cub pounce on the cultist on the other balcony. But there was little time to celebrate. Rolf yelled, "Cleric, aim for the grease stain!" He then tried to cast a Grease spell near the ground underneath the visible (to him) culist, while looking around for the other noise he had heard.

Roll for Grease (and probably Perception).

Good to have you back, Zarhon. The diagram is very helpful. I'm guessing that I am seeing (and aiming a Grease spell) at cultist 2, while I still cannot see cultist 1?

I hope Matilda doesn't get indigestion.

edit: I'll keep posting the FiD threads in the OP. I just need some time.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 am

Zarhon wrote:Update time!

Important note, by the way: I now realize that I made a discrepancy regarding the area Rolf is in. The ladder Rolf came down on is roughly in the middle of the balcony. The down-to-main-hall-staircase is on the side closer to the altar. On the side of the balcony closer to the door is another ladder, leading to an isolated attic scaffolding where the roof is slightly more raised than the other sections of the temple. Rolf is now on one end of the balcony, near the staircase. The cleric is near the ladder they came from, watching both sides and keeping his back to the ladder he came from (which is against a wall). The other balcony does NOT have a ladder leading to an isolated scaffolding, it just ends in a dead end. The pillars that extend to the roof are only between the middle ladder and the downwards staircase section.

Visualization:
______________O__O__O__O__
(..................C.....2.....1.....R...)
==#========#=========U==

__
( ) Balcony edges
= Wall
# Ladder, going up
U Down staircase
R Rolf
C Cleric
1 Someone yelled roughly here
2 Where the flare stopped
O Pillars
... Floor/Empty space

I can already tell these quotes are gonna come in handy. While we're on the topic of discrepancies, I read back through the transcripts, and it turns out I do have one of the seeing gems. And that^ is confusing as hell. I'm glad I'm not there.

"Oh well, looks like the snake won't be joining us." Horizon turned back to the others. "So do we want to go back through the inferno fro the bomb I found, or are we heading upstairs and hoping that just works out on its own?"

And it gives us a Ninja'd warning? Nice!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:20 am

"You utter bastard! You stuck her in there with those things! Coward! Go roast in the inferno for all I care!" Skitter shouts at Horizon and goes to open the wall again.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 am

Horizon laughed. Then he laughed again. "Yeah, yeah that was my fault. Not because it was a stupid animal looking for food. Just because I explicitly told it to stay in there. Let's go with that. Meanwhile..." He continued down the hall, motioning to Tiffany and the paladin. "What do you say we head back up. I 'm betting our token wizard is having a rough time by himself."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 am

((Just to be clear, what Skitter meant is that Horizon should have stuck the fight out instead of running away and letting the things catch up with the rest of us. But, he's not actually going to say that because he's too busy not giving a shit what Horizon has to say.
Edit: I could be a little more clear actually, lol. Since he ended up closing the door with Matilda trapped in there, Skitter pretty much views it as Horizon likely would have done the same to either Tiffany or himself.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 am

Which is slightly hypocritical thinking for Skitter, considering he was going to leave Horizon to fight the monsters by himself. But that doesn't matter now. Now Operation: Save Matilda is underway.

Also, one of you might want to prepare for the appendage that's going to attack you as soon as Skitter opens that door again.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 am

Ah, but that was just revenge for Horizon doing the same to Skitter earlier. It's one thing to leave the problem to another member of the party and another for the guy who's supposed to be dealing with the problem just bailing and letting the problem become worse.

lol, it would be pretty funny if the door opens and Horizon gets immediately attacked.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 am

Good luck with that, he's well on his way down the tunnel. And besides, the snake went back into its hole before Horizon was out of the room. What was he gonna do, kill the things and go pull it back out?

Why didn't Skitter stick around to save his precious snake?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:47 am

Uh....what? I had Skitter try to leave with Matilda before Horizon left. It's not my fault Zarhon then goes "nope!" and slams the door shut with her on the other side anyway. So the reason why Skitter didn't try to save the snake is because....Zarhon ignored that he totally would have for some reason. It's not like there was some option "do the obvious thing you'd obviously do? y/n?" Zarhon just chose (an illogical option) for me, counter to what I had declared I was trying to do.

As for what he plans to do, if a Medium sized snake can fit in a hole, so can Skitter who is size Small.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Zilean's Revenge Empty Mraaaaah!

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

Tiffany was shaking slightly, not sure of what to do. "Um...."

*Flails*
(*Edited*)

Last edited by Kris_The_Guest on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem with continuity)
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Um, Kris, you might want to modify your previous comment. Unless I missed a VERY important conversation, I don't think Tiffany knows "Knife-Guy's" name yet.

Anyway, I'm headed off to work. See you guys later, and...try to work together one way or the other. Tiffany doesn't like interparty conflict. And you don't want to make Tiffany cry, do you? ....Horizon, don't answer that.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Ramsus wrote:Uh....what? I had Skitter try to leave with Matilda before Horizon left. It's not my fault Zarhon then goes "nope!" and slams the door shut with her on the other side anyway. So the reason why Skitter didn't try to save the snake is because....Zarhon ignored that he totally would have for some reason. It's not like there was some option "do the obvious thing you'd obviously do? y/n?" Zarhon just chose (an illogical option) for me, counter to what I had declared I was trying to do.

As for what he plans to do, if a Medium sized snake can fit in a hole, so can Skitter who is size Small.

The snake was starving and near-feral. The only reason it would have followed Skitter into some unknown area (especially considering the aberration it just encountered) was if it thought it could get a proper (Creature-sized) meal out of it and you convinced the snake of that fact. It was already flustered by the aberration and wanted to head back to where it came from anyway, seeing as there wasn't much left to eat anyway (that wasn't already an aberration, a player it was charmed against eating on sight, or a rotten carcass). If you wanted to defend "your" snake, you might have opted to not ignore the appendages of an dangerous aberration rather, or expect said appendages to sit idly while you all walk out.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Um, Kris, you might want to modify your previous comment. Unless I missed a VERY important conversation, I don't think Tiffany knows "Knife-Guy's" name yet.

Anyway, I'm headed off to work. See you guys later, and...try to work together one way or the other. Tiffany doesn't like interparty conflict. And you don't want to make Tiffany cry, do you? ....Horizon, don't answer that.

No, she doesn't know my name yet. And no, I don't want to see her cry. I want to see her BREAK. And then kill something. Brutally.

But we've been over that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Lyntermas wrote:Um, Kris, you might want to modify your previous comment. Unless I missed a VERY important conversation, I don't think Tiffany knows "Knife-Guy's" name yet.

No, she doesn't know my name yet. And no, I don't want to see her cry. I want to see her BREAK. And then kill something. Brutally.

But we've been over that.
Tiffany : No, I don't want to go beserk again!

Ratatosk : *is hiding in the corner at the mention of Tiffany going beserk.*
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

"What is your obsession with that snake anyway?" Horizon stood there, looking bored, as Skitter went back to open the door. "It was perfectly fine- you know except for its eye- but it got a meal and then crawled back into the safety its nest. I don't see why we need to go to the extra trouble of dragging it back out." He waited for a moment, before continuing. "Well, I'm sure you can handle that, in any case. I need to go check on the raging torrent of flames, since SOMEONE," Horizon very obviously turned and gestured towards the Paladin, "seems to have developed a case of brain rot and can't follow directions. And then I'm getting out of these tunnels." He turned and walked down the tunnel, turning the corner, and heading back to the fire.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:29 pm

((Zarhon, what I opted to do was to try and get the snake out of the area with the appendages. How was I going to know that when we left first Horizon would also run and close the door behind him somehow trapping the snake on the opposite side of it despite our having left the room first? Which doesn't even make sense. How does that result in Skitter on one side of the door and the snake on the other? And you can't really argue the snake would want to stay in the room, you already said it was afraid of the things. So yeah, thanks for making the situation not make logical sense then blaming me for the outcome of other people's actions. What.))

"Do you have anything that is holy to you? If not then you won't understand anyway. And she most certainly is not fine. She is injured and starving and those things can easily follow her. Even if they weren't there, she was already starving down there. I can't just abandon her."

((*waiting for the door to open*))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Ramsus wrote:((Zarhon, what I opted to do was to try and get the snake out of the area with the appendages. How was I going to know that when we left first Horizon would also run and close the door behind him somehow trapping the snake on the opposite side of it despite our having left the room first? Which doesn't even make sense. How does that result in Skitter on one side of the door and the snake on the other? And you can't really argue the snake would want to stay in the room, you already said it was afraid of the things. So yeah, thanks for making the situation not make logical sense then blaming me for the outcome of other people's actions. What.))

"Do you have anything that is holy to you? If not then you won't understand anyway. And she most certainly is not fine. She is injured and starving and those things can easily follow her. Even if they weren't there, she was already starving down there. I can't just abandon her."

((*waiting for the door to open*))

You assume the snake would just follow a bunch of humans into some unknown area to "safety", as opposed to just retreating the way it came from, an area it most likely knows already, potentially leading to where it lives/nests (where it would take food and rest/digest its meal), as Horizon just helpfully pointed out? That makes no sense either.

And Horizon *didn't* close the door, it closed on it own, since some time passed. It was just conveniently closing when Horizon passed (Since you were all attempting to avoid fighting the appendage so I tried to help you out). If he stayed it would still close on its own.

Discussion is over. Update coming soon.

Also, Tiffany, do something. You've been far too inactive throughout the whole campaign and I don't mean late replies, I mean replies where you do nothing constructive or even give me an idea of what you try to do or want to do. It's making my job difficult.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

"I-I think we should help the snake." Tiffany said aloud. "What if it get's killed and becomes a part of that...thing? Then we'd have to worry about a potentially poisonous flesh golem thingy." She was already reaching for the torch switch.
Sorry, I've been distracted by life stuff.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Ramsus wrote:So yeah, thanks for making the situation not make logical sense then blaming me for the outcome of other people's actions. What.

And yet you keep blaming me for the snake not coming with us.

You know whose fault this is? The Paladin. It's all him. He's trying to make us fight amongst ourselves. He's probably a bad guy. Let's kill him!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Ramsus wrote:So yeah, thanks for making the situation not make logical sense then blaming me for the outcome of other people's actions. What.

And yet you keep blaming me for the snake not coming with us.

You know whose fault this is? The Paladin. It's all him. He's trying to make us fight amongst ourselves. He's probably a bad guy. Let's kill him!
No! No more stupid mistakes! *tackles Horizon, along with the red lucario.*
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next