Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic

4 posters

Go down

A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic Empty A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Flavour text will come later, when its not 18 minutes past midnight. Will likely need to be developed a lot. Mostly created due to the lack of combat orientated/focused destinies.

Combat Master

LV 4 Proficiency

Gain the use of an additional combat talent during battle.

LV 7 Master of the art

You gain 2 extra combat traits

LV 10 Combat Zen

Gain an extra combat talent. In addition, you can now use all combat talents you posses in battle. If you have the 'Open Options' talent, you can swap it for one other combat talent. In addition, the 'Dangerous' trait grants you an extra combat talent instead of its previous effect and the 'Dangerously Talented' trait grants you two extra combat talents instead of its previous effect.

Weapon Master

LV 4 If its a weapon, I can wield it!

If you get your hands on a weapon that is not too large or too small for you to wield, you can instantly use it as if you have been trained to use it.

LV 7 Let me show you how its done! Daily

When wielding a weapon, you can decide one hit you do will perform your Special Move before the damage roll.

LV 10 Everything is my weapon!

Everything you wield, including your own body now counts as a weapon.

Disciple of the Blade

LV 4 Blade Mastery (WIP)

Choose one of the following fighting styles:

Two Handed Style
Roll damage rolls twice and use the higher result.

Duel-Wielding Style
Once per round, you may either attack an extra enemy, or roll a 1d8 die to reduce the next damage taken by that amount.

Duelist

When attacked, roll a 1d8, if the result is an 8. You take no damage from that attack.

Shield and Sword.
Gain a permanent resist 2.

LV 7

Gain either a bonus for your chosen fighting style or choose a new fighting style.

Four Weapon Fighting
Prerequisite: Duel Wielding
Once per round, you can either apply both of Duel Wielding's effects, attack two additional enemies or roll 2d8 and reduce the damage of the next attack taken by that ammount.

LV 10 One with the Blade

Choose one of the following: Gain a bonus in your chosen fighting style, gain another Blade Mastery fighting style, or chose a new fighting style.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic Empty Re: A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic

Post  Videocrazy Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 am

The thing about Destinies is that they're not supposed to affect combat. They're strictly non-combat, at least as far as official Destinies go, in order to prevent a player from min-maxing in combat.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic Empty Re: A few Combat Destinies I've made up while writting this topic

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 am

Yeah, but some people might want that. Or at least, have their character to be more combat focused then other people. It doesn't really give them any advantage over the others, its just a different build. Plus as combat probably isn't everything in Pony Tales, I don't think it will hurt that much.

That and these Destinies will probably be weaker then the others because they are so focused.

Besides, I didn't see any rules about them HAVING to be non-combat.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:26 pm

two things that are one we do not have a weapon system for the most part (aside from a few items that give one or two new attacks) so how would blade and weapon master work?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Well they are pretty much WIP at the moment...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm

This Destiny won't make it in. And that's not me being a grouchy old man frowning at today's youth like it sounds like, that's the official position on destinies.

I can't expect you to know this since you're new, but that's what Stairc has been saying ever since Day One regards Destinies - they aren't supposed to effect combat. Just as a warning, not as a statement of disagreement or displeasure, I must say that working on these is going to be an exercise in futility.

I'm sorry.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey, doesn't mean I can't create them and polish them does it? I mean sure, they might not ever become part of the game itself, but if its fun to make. Why not make it?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Okay, that's pretty legit. Continue.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Thoughts on Combat Master people?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down