Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Themed Destinies

5 posters

Go down

Season Themed Destinies Empty Season Themed Destinies

Post  Copper Rose Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm not sure if there are already any destinies that can be smoothly flavored to fit this (please notify if there are), but I've noticed that there seem to not be any destinies for if one made, say, a winter holiday themed pony.

There could be one for each season, for example. One for Spring (though that could easily be the Master Gardener destiny), one for Summer, one for Autumn, one for Winter. This could be excellent for a game where you have four players, which each represent one season out of the year, and they could all complement each other.

Another could be one for each of the celebrated holidays, like Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, Marti Gras, Saint Patrick's Day, April Fool's Day, Easter, Earth Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, all the "Happy Holidays!" holidays, and New Year's. Again, there may be destinies that fit these well, but I'm just naming some things that are possible pony character themes.

I myself am not sure what would/should go into such destinies, but I know that someone out there on the forum will know exactly what should go into these.

Spoiler:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Season Themed Destinies Empty Re: Season Themed Destinies

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 pm

I'd say that Planeshaper may fit the bill but not directly. Rather, you should take the Self Discovery destiny and take things from various other destiny choices as you see fit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Nightmare Night -esque one. Sort of. Mostly posting so Xel will actually comment on it, because I'd like some form of feedback of it.

Nightmare destiny (Probably completely borked)
Level 4- Spooky Story
The first step to being truly scary is to know what scares others. You gain Freaky Knowledge (Fear) and the following utility talent.

The Hash Slinging Slasher - At Will
Prep Time: 30 seconds
Attempt a DC 20 Persuasion skill challenge. You tell a scary story, pulling the attention of listening creatures for as long as you succeed. Creatures listening to your story suffer a distraction penalty to all other checks, equal to half the amount you beat the check by.
You may end the effect at any time, though ending before 3 successes (the earliest end to a good story) or by a failure (messing up) causes the listening creatures to become upset, angry, and/or no longer interested. They become immune to the effects of this talent for 1d4 days.

Level 7- Perilous Presence
You’ve learned how to stir fear in others, though you haven’t mastered it yet. You gain the Terrify racial trait, and the following utility talent.

Nightmare Pulse -  2/day [Modified from Zarhon’s “Nightmare Pheromones”]
Prep Time: Instantaneous
When you use this ability, affect all living creatures in a radius up to 50 yards around you. Any creature that is affected by this must roll an endurance DC 25 to avoid being affected. The effects last for as long as they are unable to save against them, making a new endurance check every 5 minutes, with the DC reduced by 5 (stacking) for each failed save. You are immune to this effect.
Affected creatures are overcome by intense fear, attempting to do their best to flee from primarily you, though they also try to flee from things in general.  They will throw caution to the wind and may even attack you or others in desperation.

Level 10- Terrifying Tale
You’ve discovered a true root of fear. A creepypasta story of your choice pervades the lore of all creatures, and creatures everywhere are genuinely afraid of...whatever supernatural thing you chose.
Additionally, you gain an additional 3 uses of Nightmare Pulse per day, and gain +10 to Hash Slinging Slasher checks if they’re about the story you’ve chosen.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Inventor could probably be reflavored.

Level 4: your storage space is a Santa sack; your crazy contraptions are giant toys.

Level 7: Flying reindeer... some of the others could also be santa appropriate.

Level 10: This one you'd probably have to work out with your DM, it has too many variables.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Quietkal wrote:Nightmare Night -esque one. Sort of. Mostly posting so Xel will actually comment on it, because I'd like some form of feedback of it.

Nightmare destiny (Probably completely borked)
Level 4- Spooky Story
The first step to being truly scary is to know what scares others. You gain Freaky Knowledge (Fear) and the following utility talent.

The Hash Slinging Slasher - At Will
Prep Time: 30 seconds
Attempt a DC 20 Persuasion skill challenge. You tell a scary story, pulling the attention of listening creatures for as long as you succeed. Creatures listening to your story suffer a distraction penalty to all other checks, equal to half the amount you beat the check by.
You may end the effect at any time, though ending before 3 successes (the earliest end to a good story) or by a failure (messing up) causes the listening creatures to become upset, angry, and/or no longer interested. They become immune to the effects of this talent for 1d4 days.

Level 7- Perilous Presence
You’ve learned how to stir fear in others, though you haven’t mastered it yet. You gain the Terrify racial trait, and the following utility talent.

Nightmare Pulse -  2/day [Modified from Zarhon’s “Nightmare Pheromones”]
Prep Time: Instantaneous
When you use this ability, affect all living creatures in a radius up to 50 yards around you. Any creature that is affected by this must roll an endurance DC 25 to avoid being affected. The effects last for as long as they are unable to save against them, making a new endurance check every 5 minutes, with the DC reduced by 5 (stacking) for each failed save. You are immune to this effect.
Affected creatures are overcome by intense fear, attempting to do their best to flee from primarily you, though they also try to flee from things in general.  They will throw caution to the wind and may even attack you or others in desperation.

Level 10- Terrifying Tale
You’ve discovered a true root of fear. A creepypasta story of your choice pervades the lore of all creatures, and creatures everywhere are genuinely afraid of...whatever supernatural thing you chose.
Additionally, you gain an additional 3 uses of Nightmare Pulse per day, and gain +10 to Hash Slinging Slasher checks if they’re about the story you’ve chosen.
I said I'd give feedback, and here it is.... the Level 4 fetaure, I don't think the idea of somehow getting immune to the talent for a fail is a good idea. I'd say just leave up the fail effects to be what the GM decides. And put guildlines to what effects winning and failure should do. Level 7's feature to have a fear aura that can be triggered twice a day. Is kinda like the Aura of Missery from the Necromancer one. But at the same time seems to be a hell lot weaker in my opinion. I'd suggest putting some good buff into that one. Having it get an upgrade at level 10, isn't a good idea of how to work it. Trust me on this. Having level 10's feature be basically, you become a living creepypasta is a cool effect. Not sure what I can say to improve or change there. Other then it's a good start, missing something...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down