Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations - Page 3 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Handle watched the exchange with a small smile. "Miss, I don't have a muffin, but I've got a duffin." She held out the remaining duffin that had been sitting on her hammer.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Meanwhile on Overwatch, Flashpoint watches over.

Perception to keep track of both groups, possibly a little extra: 19+13= 32 (because I'm assuming I do get the extra bonus)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Masterweaver wrote:((OH GEEZE I'm sorry I'm so late with this reply technical issues))

Chain Link and Ember find the gathering without much difficulty; it's being hosted in front of the Spectral Patio by a unicorn wearing false spring antennae.

"...and what I'm saying is, we deal with Griffons! We deal with minotaurs... heck, we've got a DRAGON living right here in PONYVILLE! Am I right Bonbon?"

"Yes dear," Bonbon sighs. "There is a young dragon living in Ponyville."

"THAT'S RIGHT! So, what makes changelings different? Is it the whole 'love feeding' thing? No, nu-uh. I'll tell you why we're all scared of changelings: Chrysalis. The queen. She's the one that invaded and gave changelings everywhere a bad name."

The unicorn points at Chain Link. "You! Way back when, some of your people would trap ponies in mazes and HUNT THEM DOWN FOR SPORT! Do you think you should be treated differently because of what they did?
Chain Link sighs... Having been yelled at so soon. He was just hoping to not have to talk or anything like this... The Minotaur tries to think both quickly and really hard on how to best word his response. And while he did deep down supported the intent of this movement, at the same time there he felt it had some big flaws with it's line of reasoning... "No to do so would be unjust! BUT! At the same time, I'd want to punish the Minotaurs that'd do such shameful and barbaric acts! The same is said of the Changelings! I'm sure there ARE those that'd choose to side with their queen then be welcomed with open arms into our society... We DON'T know enough about them to be anything but a bit warry of them! They did opening and far as we know WILLINGLY took part in an attack on Canterlot itself... Would you welcome those changelings with open hooves too? EVEN IF THEY SAID THEY FEEL NO SHAME FOR WHAT THEY DID? WHAT OF THE CHANGELINGS THAT'D SIDE WITH THEIR QUEEN AS WE'D SIDE WITH CELESTIA?"

Then he facepalmed wishing he had just kept his mouth shut... "I just had to speak my mind didn't I..." He mutters, just knowing he had most likely set off a powder keg. Or at least fears so. And metally starts preparing himself for getting hit while commenting to his Baby Dragon Coworker... "Ember... If what I fear happens, should happen... Don't do anything to stop them... I'm used to taking pain... Better they just attack me then also harming anyone else..."

(OOC: I am sorry for this post, but it's what I feel Chain Link would say when asked such a personal question.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Ragdoll takes more intrest in the foals going up to them and smiling at them.
"Hiya shorties how's tricks?"
(Persuasion: Using hip lingo to make the foals feel comfortable around him.)
Roll(1d20)+9:
15,+9
Total:24
He really hopes he's got the right lingo.
He also glances at them to see if any of them show any signs of being one of his.
(Perception: Signs of changelings)
Roll(1d20)+17:
17,+17
Total:34

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Ruby Shield cracks up laughing at the talking down. "Heh... hahahahaha! Whew... That brings me back. The key is to accept the lecture with an embarrassed smile, they go easier on you that way." She informs Handle as they approach the group.

Seeing the very quiet Earth pony take the lead, she decides to let him have it. After all, she's got no ideas. Doesn't stop her from continuing her giggle at his attempt to be "cool" and "hip". 'Maybe ask them to give us a tour of the town? It can't hurt to know the landscape anyways, and will let us observe them... If they ask, why lie? We're working on finding changelings, like private investigators or detectives. Little ones still like detectives, right? Or was that only a fad when I was a filly?' Her brain works in overtime, creating and discarding scenarios, not willing to let herself be surprised by the ensuing situation. A casual stretch and crack of her neck muscles sends her looking at their eyes in the sky, just to make sure everything was fine.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Bronymous wrote:Meanwhile on Overwatch, Flashpoint watches over.

Perception to keep track of both groups, possibly a little extra: 19+13= 32 (because I'm assuming I do get the extra bonus)

Flashpoint manages to keep inb sight of both groups.... but unfortunately attracts the attention of a rainbow-maned pegasus. "Hey! You're blocking the airway! Either take a cloud or get on the ground, buster!"

Xel Unknown wrote:Chain Link sighs... Having been yelled at so soon. He was just hoping to not have to talk or anything like this... The Minotaur tries to think both quickly and really hard on how to best word his response. And while he did deep down supported the intent of this movement, at the same time there he felt it had some big flaws with it's line of reasoning... "No to do so would be unjust! BUT! At the same time, I'd want to punish the Minotaurs that'd do such shameful and barbaric acts! The same is said of the Changelings! I'm sure there ARE those that'd choose to side with their queen then be welcomed with open arms into our society... We DON'T know enough about them to be anything but a bit warry of them! They did opening and far as we know WILLINGLY took part in an attack on Canterlot itself... Would you welcome those changelings with open hooves too? EVEN IF THEY SAID THEY FEEL NO SHAME FOR WHAT THEY DID? WHAT OF THE CHANGELINGS THAT'D SIDE WITH THEIR QUEEN AS WE'D SIDE WITH CELESTIA?"

Then he facepalmed wishing he had just kept his mouth shut... "I just had to speak my mind didn't I..." He mutters, just knowing he had most likely set off a powder keg. Or at least fears so. And metally starts preparing himself for getting hit while commenting to his Baby Dragon Coworker... "Ember... If what I fear happens, should happen... Don't do anything to stop them... I'm used to taking pain... Better they just attack me then also harming anyone else..."

The unicorn blinked, backing up just a titch. "I...."

Bonbon steps onto the stage. "NO. They should be treated exactly the same way we'd treat any criminal. With a fair trial, and a fair punishment! Lyra isn't saying that they shouldn't compensate us for our losses; she's saying that we should not demand blood in vengeance!"

"...Yeah! That's right! Throw the bad ones in the dungeons, same as we do with ponies! But don't just assume that all of them are bad because of one bad apple!" Lyra nods, stepping forward again. "The guy has a point, but if we let it blind us to the possibilities, everypony suffers!"

elfowlgirl wrote:Handle watched the exchange with a small smile. "Miss, I don't have a muffin, but I've got a duffin." She held out the remaining duffin that had been sitting on her hammer.

"Thanks!" The pegasus takes the pastry. "It's not as good as a pure muffin, but it'll do."

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Ragdoll takes more intrest in the foals going up to them and smiling at them.
"Hiya shorties how's tricks?"
(Persuasion: Using hip lingo to make the foals feel comfortable around him.)
Roll(1d20)+9:
15,+9
Total:24
He really hopes he's got the right lingo.
He also glances at them to see if any of them show any signs of being one of his.
(Perception: Signs of changelings)
Roll(1d20)+17:
17,+17
Total:34

The foals look at Ragdoll like he's insane. They are joined by the grey pegasus, who stops nomming her duffin to give him an incredulous look. None of them appear to be changelings at all.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Ruby Shield cracks up laughing at the talking down. "Heh... hahahahaha! Whew... That brings me back. The key is to accept the lecture with an embarrassed smile, they go easier on you that way." She informs Handle as they approach the group.

Seeing the very quiet Earth pony take the lead, she decides to let him have it. After all, she's got no ideas. Doesn't stop her from continuing her giggle at his attempt to be "cool" and "hip". 'Maybe ask them to give us a tour of the town? It can't hurt to know the landscape anyways, and will let us observe them... If they ask, why lie? We're working on finding changelings, like private investigators or detectives. Little ones still like detectives, right? Or was that only a fad when I was a filly?' Her brain works in overtime, creating and discarding scenarios, not willing to let herself be surprised by the ensuing situation. A casual stretch and crack of her neck muscles sends her looking at their eyes in the sky, just to make sure everything was fine.

"Er... thanks for the advice, miss...?" The earth pony filly gives Ruby a questioning look.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Masterweaver wrote:The unicorn blinked, backing up just a titch. "I...."

Bonbon steps onto the stage. "NO. They should be treated exactly the same way we'd treat any criminal. With a fair trial, and a fair punishment! Lyra isn't saying that they shouldn't compensate us for our losses; she's saying that we should not demand blood in vengeance!"

"...Yeah! That's right! Throw the bad ones in the dungeons, same as we do with ponies! But don't just assume that all of them are bad because of one bad apple!" Lyra nods, stepping forward again. "The guy has a point, but if we let it blind us to the possibilities, everypony suffers!"
Ember just stuck behind Chain Link and nodded.

"H... hurting other people... 'cuz they're different... is wrong..."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Flashpoint spins, looking for whoever it was talking to them. Upon finding her, he blinks, then goes back at watching the others. He does, however, respond, "What are you even talking about, 'blocking the airway'? Go away, I'm busy."

Roll for SW, see if I know who she is: 9+7=16.

Last edited by Bronymous on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

"That most definitely was not advice, squirt." Ruby informs the earth filly sardonically, but not managing to lose her smile. It wasn't entirely unlikely they'd overhear her passing comment, but she still didn't want to be responsible for more efficient problem-causing. "I'm Ruby Shield. And the best way to not get lectured is to not cause a problem in the first place, you know? Bowling over mailboxes and octogenarians is hardly a productive pastime."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Masterweaver wrote:The unicorn blinked, backing up just a titch. "I...."

Ember just stuck behind Chain Link and nodded.

"H... hurting other people... 'cuz they're different... is wrong..."

Everybody is overwhelmed at the adorable dragoness and nod agreement.

Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint spins, looking for whoever it was talking to them. Upon finding her, he blinks, then goes back at watching the others. He does, however, respond, "What are you even talking about, 'blocking the airway'? Go away, I'm busy."

Roll for SW, see if I know who she is: 9+7=16.

Flashpoint recognizes this pony from a stained glass window he saw once. Unfortunately, he have no idea who she is other then she's rich enough to have a stained glass window somewhere. Or maybe she was at that wedding...

The point being, she is very annoyed. "Standard rules, stallion, you gotta clear out for the weather team! We have a drizzle in three days so we need to set up the clouds; if you're not helping, get where you're going!"

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"That most definitely was not advice, squirt." Ruby informs the earth filly sardonically, but not managing to lose her smile. It wasn't entirely unlikely they'd overhear her passing comment, but she still didn't want to be responsible for more efficient problem-causing. "I'm Ruby Shield. And the best way to not get lectured is to not cause a problem in the first place, you know? Bowling over mailboxes and octogenarians is hardly a productive pastime."

"Octo-whatnow?" the pegasus asks. "Is that some kind of fish?"

"No, she means really old people," the unicorn explains. "Like, eighty or something."

"Hey!" protests the wall-eyed older pegasus. "I'm not that old!"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Flashpoint scrunches up his face at the command given by the flamboyantly coiffed pegasus. "It takes you three whole days to put together a light drizzle? Your team must be extra special good at their jobs, huh." Flashpoint continues to scan back and forth between the groups. "Listen kid, I'm sure you're really excited for your first big weather job or whatever, but I'm on official business from....uh...hmmm..." He had completely forgotten what organization he was supposed to be working for right now. He grabs his badge and holds it up to her. "For this, and it is of utmost importance that I remain here so I can watch my team, and make sure they don't royally screw themselves. If you don't like it, take it up with Miss Rari...Rare soemthing. White unicorn, runs a dress shop. she's in charge, go bug her about it."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

"As long as you recall there most likely are guilty Changeling as well... I've not got anything else to say." Chain Link comments, personally really relieved that what he had feared would happen, didn't happen...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

"Wow kid, you're like a dictionary or something. Here I was hoping to go over your heads." Ruby turns to the wall-eyed pegasus. "I did not mean yourself, of course, but the poor old man we passed on the way over."

The pegasus then gives a cocky grin to the audience of four. "I'd love the names of such energetic folk, though, if only 'cause I'm running outta pronouns to use on you mini-mares." The last seems more or less directed at the earth filly that asked her name earlier without offering the same back.

'Anytime now, ponies with ideas... Anytime now. Feel free to jump in whenEVER you want... Being psychic would be so awesome right now.'
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 am

Ragdoll looks thoughtful until before
"For realzies!"
Yeah I think that's the right lingo.
"So what else do you...ah...midgets have planned for the day?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:40 am

Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint scrunches up his face at the command given by the flamboyantly coiffed pegasus. "It takes you three whole days to put together a light drizzle? Your team must be extra special good at their jobs, huh." Flashpoint continues to scan back and forth between the groups. "Listen kid, I'm sure you're really excited for your first big weather job or whatever, but I'm on official business from....uh...hmmm..." He had completely forgotten what organization he was supposed to be working for right now. He grabs his badge and holds it up to her. "For this, and it is of utmost importance that I remain here so I can watch my team, and make sure they don't royally screw themselves. If you don't like it, take it up with Miss Rari...Rare soemthing. White unicorn, runs a dress shop. she's in charge, go bug her about it."

"Okay, first off, we could make it drizzle whenever we wanted but scheduling regulations require a warning period. Secondly, guess what? I'm with C.R.E.W. too, and the way you're just HOVERING there is going to make ponies suspicious and then they'll call E.A.R.S or something. If you want to keep an eye on your crew, GET DOWN THERE WITH THEM!"

Xel Unknown wrote:"As long as you recall there most likely are guilty Changeling as well... I've not got anything else to say." Chain Link comments, personally really relieved that what he had feared would happen, didn't happen...

"Right."

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Wow kid, you're like a dictionary or something. Here I was hoping to go over your heads." Ruby turns to the wall-eyed pegasus. "I did not mean yourself, of course, but the poor old man we passed on the way over."

The pegasus then gives a cocky grin to the audience of four. "I'd love the names of such energetic folk, though, if only 'cause I'm running outta pronouns to use on you mini-mares." The last seems more or less directed at the earth filly that asked her name earlier without offering the same back.

'Anytime now, ponies with ideas... Anytime now. Feel free to jump in whenEVER you want... Being psychic would be so awesome right now.'

"We are the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" the earth pony announces loudly. "And we'll do anything to get our cutie marks!"

"Including wrecking my mail route," the gray pegasus grumbles.

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Ragdoll looks thoughtful until before
"For realzies!"
Yeah I think that's the right lingo.
"So what else do you...ah...midgets have planned for the day?"

The pegasus filly gives Ragdoll a look. "We aren't that short..."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am

"Oh, don't worry about getting your cutie marks just yet. It took till after I graduated from school for me to get mine, and that was only through mass destruction at graduation." Handle nonchalantly waved a hoof. "And even if you earn a cutie mark, sometimes you might not even know what it means!"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

Chain chuckles and comments to his ally. "Well that went over very better then I feared."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Chain chuckles and comments to his ally. "Well that went over very better then I feared."
"I... I'm just... glad they didn't hit you, mister..."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:Chain chuckles and comments to his ally. "Well that went over very better then I feared."
Link nods. "Me too... But even if they did. It wouldn't have been that big a deal. I'd be able to take it. Physical Pain is something I know all to well..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am

elfowlgirl wrote:"Oh, don't worry about getting your cutie marks just yet. It took till after I graduated from school for me to get mine, and that was only through mass destruction at graduation." Handle nonchalantly waved a hoof. "And even if you earn a cutie mark, sometimes you might not even know what it means!"
"I don't know what mine means...homies?."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Link nods. "Me too... But even if they did. It wouldn't have been that big a deal. I'd be able to take it. Physical Pain is something I know all to well..."
Ember shuddered. She, too, had felt pain before, and hated to think that someone could deal with a lifetime of it, even if that meant getting "used to" it.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Ember shuddered. She, too, had felt pain before, and hated to think that someone could deal with a lifetime of it, even if that meant getting "used to" it
"So... Um... What's your story?" Chain Link asked, making small talk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:
elfowlgirl wrote:"Oh, don't worry about getting your cutie marks just yet. It took till after I graduated from school for me to get mine, and that was only through mass destruction at graduation." Handle nonchalantly waved a hoof. "And even if you earn a cutie mark, sometimes you might not even know what it means!"

Handle put a hoof on his shoulder. "Don't. Just... no one talks that way! Not even fillies!"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Ember shuddered. She, too, had felt pain before, and hated to think that someone could deal with a lifetime of it, even if that meant getting "used to" it
"D-daddy left me here... s-said he... wanted to look after his treasure... said Ember, getting more and more quiet and pulled back. "I... guess I've... been here a while now..."

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FREAKING SIZE TAGS)
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Doc pseudopolis wrote:

Handle put a hoof on his shoulder. "Don't. Just... no one talks that way! Not even fillies!"

"Did ya'll just call us FILLYFOOLERS?!" The earth pony is extremely offended. "We ain't even old nuff ta be with stallions! What kind of sick freak are ya?!"

"And what do you mean, cutie marks that you don't get?" The unicorn snorts. "That doesn't make any sense at all! It's your special talent, you got to know what it is!"

"Come on, girls, let's jet." The pegasus gets on her scooter, herding the other two into a wagon and hooking it on. "I hear Lyra's hosting another one of those crazy get-togethers. Maybe we'll get our cutie marks for being F.A.B."

Exit Cutie Mark Crusaders, stage left.

The wall-eyed pegasus looks after them. "...I think you could have handled that better, guys."

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Link nods. "Me too... But even if they did. It wouldn't have been that big a deal. I'd be able to take it. Physical Pain is something I know all to well..."
Ember shuddered. She, too, had felt pain before, and hated to think that someone could deal with a lifetime of it, even if that meant getting "used to" it.
"D-daddy left me here... s-said he... wanted to look after his treasure... said Ember, getting more and more quiet and pulled back. "I... guess I've... been here a while now..."

"Oh..." A yellow mare nearby stoops down and hugs Ember. "You poor dear..."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next