Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

+7
elfowlgirl
A1C Bronymous
Quietkal
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
11 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup Empty WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 am

So, the scenario for this campaign is simple:

You all have some grudge against at least one of the Elements of Harmony. Maybe you want to get back at Rainbow Dash for performing a Sonic Rainboom and outshining your performance at the Young Flyer's Competition. Maybe you're under the impression that Pinkie Pie is an eldritch abomination that must be destroyed for the sake of all. Maybe you're just wanting to see Celestia's face when you have Twilight Sparkle's severed horn duct taped onto your head.

For whatever reason, you wish one, some, or all of the Bearers harm. You have been hired by a mysterious pony or ponies who wish you to steal the Elements of Harmony, and are offering not only a substantial amount of bits, but also satisfaction of your personal vendetta, for it.

So, rules and restrictions.

First Rule: those not currently in a game take priority. I'll let six players in. Or more. I'll decide later.

Second Rule... well, just remember that they have to be willing to steal the Elements of Harmony, so make sure there's something there to make them willing, something they have against at least one Bearer. It can be as silly or serious as you like, as can the ponies themselves. There's room for anything from a benevolent but misguided hero to a gritty antihero to an out-and-out psychopath murderer (Belkar the pony?). Just don't try to strangle the other PCs... immediately. You still need each other to succeed, and the other players may not appreciate an inter-party brawl right off the bat. Which leads us to the...

Third Rule: This IS an Evil Campaign, so party betrayal is not just anticipated, but expected (eventually). As such, I'll award not only Harmony for working together, but also Discordancy for a truly inspired act of evil. Functionally, 2 Discordancy is the equivalent of 1 Harmony, so it's still in your interests to work together for the moment. However, if you intend to betray anypony, please mention it in the OOC thread ahead of time. I trust none of you will act on this OOC knowledge, and this way you guys can make it all the more epic when it happens. Finally, any murderous betrayals must be approved by all who are directly affected by it.

Fourth Rule: If you want to modify a Utility Talent to be more suited to an evil/gritty character, go ahead, although it's still subject to my approval. Make sure to note what the original talent is so I can compare easily.

Fifth "Rule": Feel free to be very creative with the character concepts. A Changeling that feeds off of fear rather than love? Fine by me. (Obviously subject to my approval.) Naturally, should you wish to be a more traditional character, I'm definitely not gonna stop you.

Sixth "Rule": Please try to remember to call me the Faust. It's especially appropriate in this campaign. Twisted Evil

Seventh Rule: Please don't be a canon character. I have plans for them.

Welp, I think that's it. So go nuts, guys!

Current Party Members:
Sable Tails with Stasis Silvertongue
Quietkal with Wrangler
Masterweaver with Dr. Javolt
Elfowlgirl with Silvertongue
Doc Pseudopolis with C the master thief
Ramsus with Daisy Pushings
Brony 7 of 9 with Herr Freischütz
RavenscroftRaven with Horus the True

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 12 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 am

Posting interest.

Disclosure post: I am currently in 2 active games, have 1 on the runway towards starting, and 1 indefinite stalled game that could begin, what with the priority being on new players. I will readily step down for anyone with 2 games or less (not just "not currently in any games at all"), since I know finding a game is primarily a matter of lucky timing.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 am

Argh I so want to join this but am in a lot of games already. *cries*
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Pfft, what's a sixth game?

Probably a lot. Won't stop me from making a character!

Herr Freischutz
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm

>interested
>already in a campaign you're GM'ing
>already in a campaign you're part of
>really want to use a character I made a while ago
Wrangler, possibly the only pony with a grudge against Fluttershy
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm beginning to wonder why it is that I'm only attracting people who are already in games... LOL.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I'm beginning to wonder why it is that I'm only attracting people who are already in games... LOL.
probably because no campaign has ended yet, and I don't think people come to a pony forums to RP evilmisunderstood ponies.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I'm beginning to wonder why it is that I'm only attracting people who are already in games... LOL.
probably because no campaign has ended yet, and I don't think people come to a pony forums to RP evilmisunderstood ponies.

Hmm, makes sense. So the question is, how long do I wait before it's safe to assume that none of the newcomers are interested?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Lol whups you did that like 4 hours ago.

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh man, the Bizarro-ish Flashpoint that I ended up playing accidentally in another game would be perfect for this. Keeping Secrets, Betrayal, hurting ponies for lulz, the works.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Quietkal wrote:

Hmm, makes sense. So the question is, how long do I wait before it's safe to assume that none of the newcomers are interested?
Depends how soon you want the game to start.

If you want it to start soon, three days?

If not, a week?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Ramsus wrote:
Quietkal wrote:

Depends how soon you want the game to start.

If you want it to start soon, three days?

If not, a week?

Hmm... y'know, I kinda like the idea of getting this started on Halloween. Would match perfectly, no? That's about a week. In the meantime, those who haven't already posted a character sheet, feel free to PM me one or just post it here.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm claiming Honesty, calling it right now since Flashpoint luckily is busy elsewhere. Applejack's delicious flanks are mine.

Halloween sounds cool to me.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Is this still open? Because I'm super tempted to join with probably one of my favorite characters. I just need to rework his story a little.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Is this still open? Because I'm super tempted to join with probably one of my favorite characters. I just need to rework his story a little.

Well, since you're already in a game, you'd have lower priority than people who aren't, but none of them have expressed interest yet so feel free to shoot me a character sheet. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:19 pm

I think there's spots...

Horus The True: Hunter, Scholar, Gentlebird.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I think there's spots...

Horus The True: Hunter, Scholar, Gentlebird.

I like this guy! The backstory really adds to the setting, and the guy seems vicious, but oddly honorable (by his own definitions of logic).

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I'm claiming Honesty, calling it right now since Flashpoint luckily is busy elsewhere. Applejack's delicious flanks are mine.

Halloween sounds cool to me.

There's no dibs per se. Heck, if you all really wanted, you could all have a grudge on the same pony (although I do recommend against that).

Quietkal wrote:>interested
>already in a campaign you're GM'ing
>already in a campaign you're part of
>really want to use a character I made a while ago
Wrangler, possibly the only pony with a grudge against Fluttershy

Nice! So we've got Ambition and Rage thus far.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Pfft, what's a sixth game?

Probably a lot. Won't stop me from making a character!

Herr Freischutz

You like your zebras, huh? Well, the guy's pretty flavorful and has a nice "mad scientist" vibe to him... but I'm honestly not sure what his beef is against Twilight. Would you care to elaborate?

So Ambition, Rage, and... I think Insanity works pretty good here. Nice selection so far.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Hmmm...I like the idea of making a Joker-esc Changeling clown What a Face ...but I can't think of any particular reason to go after any member of the mane-6 other than the fact that they're there.
I'm thinking dragon or changeling aspiring master thief, eye-ing to ultimately steal away the jewels in carousel corner (vie-ing with rarity)...if there's spots.
That way we got some sort of professional support going.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Hmmm...I like the idea of making a Joker-esc Changeling clown What a Face ...but I can't think of any particular reason to go after any member of the mane-6 other than the fact that they're there.
I'm thinking dragon or changeling aspiring master, eye-ing to ultimately steal away the jewels in carousel corner (vie-ing with rarity)...if there's spots.

Re: Changeling. Perhaps Pinkie and her joy-bringing parties stands in the way of his reign of terror?

Re: Jewel thief. This could work, too. Changeling sounds like it'd be more subtle and fitting for a thief, but dragons work too.

Re: Spots. Why not? Go ahead and submit a character sheet. The mystery employer is definitely the sort to stack the desk by outnumbering his opposition.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Posting interest and I'll modify DOCTOR JAVOLT! He would have reason to dislike both Pinkie and Twilight, and possibly Rarity. Let me just find his character sheet.... *wanders off*

Well, Here he is!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:38 pm

I'll post him anyway.

Silvertongue

Bonus points if you can tell who he's based off of.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Posting interest and I'll modify DOCTOR JAVOLT! He would have reason to dislike both Pinkie and Twilight, and possibly Rarity. Let me just find his character sheet.... *wanders off*

Well, Here he is!

Sounds like he'd get along well with 7 of 9's Herr Freischutz. Now, I can see why he'd take issue with the unicorns, but... why Pinkie? Or is it just because she can't be scientifically explained?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm

hmmm...thinking about it the joker changeling could want to introduce his unique (chemical and possibly insane) brand of laughter to pinky I prefer the idea for the jewel thief. I lose the cut loose, go nuts and wacky gadgets possible for the concept but I can still use gadgets and the ability to come with somewhat professional plans available to the thief.
Edit: What does Herr Freischütz's profile say? I can't read german.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Posting interest and I'll modify DOCTOR JAVOLT! He would have reason to dislike both Pinkie and Twilight, and possibly Rarity. Let me just find his character sheet.... *wanders off*

Well, Here he is!

Sounds like he'd get along well with 7 of 9's Herr Freischutz. Now, I can see why he'd take issue with the unicorns, but... why Pinkie? Or is it just because she can't be scientifically explained?

Yeah, pretty much.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:hmmm...thinking about it the joker changeling could want to introduce his unique (chemical and possibly insane) brand of laughter to pinky I prefer the idea for the jewel thief. I lose the cut loose, go nuts and wacky gadgets possible for the concept but I can still use gadgets and the ability to come with somewhat professional plans available to the thief.

Fair enough, then. I'll await your character sheet, then.

Masterweaver wrote:

Well, Here he is!

Yeah, pretty much.

Got it.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next