Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

+4
Appkes
SilentBelle
Masterweaver
Cardbo
8 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 2 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  SilentBelle Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Oh, wow, I've never seen gangs before. I've heard of them. I can't believe they are trying to make money off of somepony else being a successful buisness pony, she's just an honest worker, and honest work is the only work worth doing.

Golden Spike scowls as he descends to the ground. I know, I don't know any of these ponies, but I know right from wrong. He lowers his body, preparing to act if things get out of hoof.

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:
Miracle sighs. "Seriously? You're honestly doing this? It is far too early in the day for these sorts of things." Then she grabs a bottle of her Enervation Elixir (with Nectarine Infusions!) and slides it over to the end of the table. She smiles, bright and clear. "But I'll hear you out. Have a drink, Sweetie- can I call you Sweetie? Let's talk shop. And I'm sure these kind ponies..." She gestures to the crowd, apparently cowed. "...won't mind listening while we have our little chat. And you wouldn't mind either. Would you, Sweetie? And can I speak to Sauce and Style?" She blinks and then chuckles. "Heh heh... you've got a little S thing going on, haven't you?"

[Persuasion- Natural 20+10=30]

Oh, wow, she's better at this than I thought she'd be. Golden Spike relaxes a bit, content to see how this scene unfolds. I think she holds more wallop than any of those goons
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 2 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  Masterweaver Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 am

Xeca curiously begins to examine Sweet and Sour's tail.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 pm

"Well I was thirsty. Don't mind if I do." Sweet N Sour downs the whole thing in one gulp.

Masterweaver wrote:

While SnS is chugging the drink, a little murmur comes over the crowd as Xeca examines her tail. SnS turns arounds. "What are you doing with my tail?!" she exclaims as she points as Xeca. Unfortunately, it looks like its that very same moment that the paralysis potion took effect and her arm is frozen, pointing at her.

The crowd gasps!

"How did she do that?"

"Whats wrong with her?"

"Hey did anyone notice she's not actually a pony?"

"Quiet you!"

Shanghai Style and Garlic Sauce rush over "You'll pay for what you did to the boss!"

OOC:Roll initiative!
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

OOC: Looks like it's a 6.
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:50 am

Cardbo wrote:"Well I was thirsty. Don't mind if I do." Sweet N Sour downs the whole thing in one gulp.

Masterweaver wrote:

While SnS is chugging the drink, a little murmur comes over the crowd as Xeca examines her tail. SnS turns arounds. "What are you doing with my tail?!" she exclaims as she points as Xeca. Unfortunately, it looks like its that very same moment that the paralysis potion took effect and her arm is frozen, pointing at her.

The crowd gasps!

"How did she do that?"

"Whats wrong with her?"

"Quiet you!"

Shanghai Style and Garlic Sauce rush over "You'll pay for what you did to the boss!"

Golden Spike watches as the scene unfolds before him. Glancing around at the crowd. I can't believe they are all going to watch this, there are little fillies and colts playing around here.

Golden Spike leaps up and darts toward the crowd, landing right next to the ponies. A little nervous, he tries, because somepony has to, to stop the fighting right as it breaks out: "Woah! What do you think you're all doing! you can't fight here, there are little fillies and colts around. Have you no shame?"
(OOC: Persuasion Roll: 3 + 5 = 8
Also do I need to roll initiative too? If that's the case: Initiative roll: 8 )
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 am

Xeca has no idea what's going on.

Spoiler:
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 am

SilentBelle wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Well I was thirsty. Don't mind if I do." Sweet N Sour downs the whole thing in one gulp.

Masterweaver wrote:

The crowd gasps!

"How did she do that?"

"Whats wrong with her?"

"Quiet you!"

Golden Spike watches as the scene unfolds before him. Glancing around at the crowd. I can't believe they are all going to watch this, there are little fillies and colts playing around here.

Golden Spike leaps up and darts toward the crowd, landing right next to the ponies. A little nervous, he tries, because somepony has to, to stop the fighting right as it breaks out: "Woah! What do you think you're all doing! you can't fight here, there are little fillies and colts around. Have you no shame?"

Oh god, finally a voice of reason. Miracle adds her voice to his:

"Come on, seriously? Are you really going to assault a couple of random strangers because you THINK your boss might have had something happen to her? A couple of random strangers, I might add, who are in front of a crowd of bystanders?"

[Aiding w/ Persuasion: 5+10=15]
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:

Masterweaver wrote:

The crowd gasps!

"How did she do that?"

"Whats wrong with her?"

"Quiet you!"

Oh god, finally a voice of reason. Miracle adds her voice to his:

"Come on, seriously? Are you really going to assault a couple of random strangers because you THINK your boss might have had something happen to her? A couple of random strangers, I might add, who are in front of a crowd of bystanders?"

[Aiding w/ Persuasion: 5+10=15]

That seems to give them pause. "Well if that mare didn't ... what did she do, anyway"

Garlic Sauce is poking Sweet N Sour in the withers, hoping to get some reaction. "I dunno."

"Well then who did whatever it is that they did?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

"Well, I'm just a farmer, so I don't know much about stuff like this, but maybe somepony around here can help her. I just got here today so I don't know anypony 'round these parts, but why don't you take her to the local doctor or something? It looks kind of serious."

Edit: (OOC: In case I need to roll for persuasion: 11 = 6+5)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm

SilentBelle wrote:"Well, I'm just a farmer, so I don't know much about stuff like this, but maybe somepony around here can help her. I just got here today so I don't know anypony 'round these parts, but why don't you take her to the local doctor or something? It looks kind of serious."

Edit: (OOC: In case I need to roll for persuasion: 11 = 6+5)

They ignore Golden Spike and continue to poke at Sweet N Sour in an attempt to get her to react.

OOC: Good idea. Poor roll.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 pm

"Well, if I may offer a solution, boys..." Miracle raises a hoof, pardons herself, and dives back into her caravan. Inside, she gets set up with her alchemical equipment and begins fractional-boiling the monkshood and paltry graces in oil of cardinals. "Give me some time and I should be able to come up with something for your boss. And what say that, in exchange, we forget this little incident...?"

OOC:
Brewing: [Roll: 3] + CM[5] + Heal[9] + Freaky Knowledge(Brewing)[5] + Freaky Knowledge(Natural Ingredients)[5]
27 Total
(Effects: Basic DC[15] + Duration(1 Hour or Less)[0] + Potency(Instantaneous)[0] + Effect(Cure Temporary Paralysis)[+5])
20 Total
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Well, if I may offer a solution, boys..." Miracle raises a hoof, pardons herself, and dives back into her caravan. Inside, she gets set up with her alchemical equipment and begins fractional-boiling the monkshood and paltry graces in oil of cardinals. "Give me some time and I should be able to come up with something for your boss. And what say that, in exchange, we forget this little incident...?"

OOC:
Brewing: [Roll: 3] + CM[5] + Heal[9] + Freaky Knowledge(Brewing)[5] + Freaky Knowledge(Natural Ingredients)[5]
27 Total
(Effects: Basic DC[15] + Duration(1 Hour or Less)[0] + Potency(Instantaneous)[0] + Effect(Cure Temporary Paralysis)[+5])
20 Total

They take the offered potion. "Hey! Wait a moment! Wasn't the boss drinking from a bottle like this earlier! You tricked her!"

Garlic Sauce looks steamed. "That makes me so mad!"

At that moment, a high pitched whistle sounds. Shanghai Style and Garlic Sauce suddenly look very nervous "What say we forget this unfortunate incident and let bygones be bygones?"

"Gotta go! Bye!" They pick up Sweet N Sour and between the two of them, somehow manage to carry her off, leaving a cloud of dust behind them.

A pony with a blue cap and sash arrives into view. "Good riddance!" he says.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

Xeca blinks at the running ponies. Why were they so scared? Did this new pony have some sort of magic power? Maybe the hat was a symbol of authority....

She walks up and pokes at the hat curiously.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm

As the robot approached the town, clinking softly with the occasional sharp protest of metal, it saw a crowd gathered near the gates. It wondered, with vague mechanical interest, what that many... what was the word? It shook it's head, and a loose connection made contact again. Yes, Ponies, that was the name. It wondered what so many ponies were doing in one place, and what they were so drawn to. It continued on, coming into town, hoping to find someone who knew what was happening, why the world was strange, and why it's memory was sealed away from it.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm

"Hey, thanks, guy. I assume you're the one who blew the whistle?" Elixir smiles and mock-bows a little. "I'm Miracle Elixir. A vendor of potent potables. Nice to meet you, Mr..."
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 am

Hmm, a local authority? I guess he's someone who deals with that trio on a regular basis.

(OOC: I want to make a history check to see if I recognize the outfit, if it means anything special. Like if he's with the cops/peacekeeping force of Pineapple village. History: 12 = 4 + 8 )
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 am

Masterweaver wrote:Xeca blinks at the running ponies. Why were they so scared? Did this new pony have some sort of magic power? Maybe the hat was a symbol of authority....

She walks up and pokes at the hat curiously.

After the first poke, he starts to try to block it. "Are you daft mare? Quit poking my cap!"

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Hey, thanks, guy. I assume you're the one who blew the whistle?" Elixir smiles and mock-bows a little. "I'm Miracle Elixir. A vendor of potent potables. Nice to meet you, Mr..."

While he continues to try to block the poking by Xeca, he says "Just Desserts."

SilentBelle wrote:Hmm, a local authority? I guess he's someone who deals with that trio on a regular basis.

(OOC: I want to make a history check to see if I recognize the outfit, if it means anything special. Like if he's with the cops/peacekeeping force of Pineapple village. History: 12 = 4 + 8 )

OOC:You're not sure, but it's certainly what you'd expect of some sort of officer of the law.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

((Perception: 13+11=24!))

Oh, so apparently poking the hat was a bad thing. "Xikznichrezim," Xeca apologized sheepishly.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:51 pm

"Well, Mr. Desserts, you have my thanks. Can I treat you to something?" Miracle taps a hoof on the table, then slides a few multicolored vials over to herself. "Corpus Cleanser? Vital Vixen's Vitriol? Armageddon After-Dinner Mints (with Germ-Perdition Power)? Take your pick!"

Then she looks over at him and appears to ponder for a moment. "Say... would you happen to know whether you need any sorts of licenses to operate around here? And if not, any better venues?"
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm

"Well I'm certainly glad you showed up when you did," Golden Spike says, "it saved everypony a lot of trouble. I imagine you deal with that trio on a regular basis? Oh, and I'm Golden Spike by the way, pleased to meet you."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Masterweaver wrote:((Perception: 13+11=24!))

Oh, so apparently poking the hat was a bad thing. "Xikznichrezim," Xeca apologized sheepishly.

Just Desserts seems slightly puzzled. "Well thats alright then."

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Well, Mr. Desserts, you have my thanks. Can I treat you to something?" Miracle taps a hoof on the table, then slides a few multicolored vials over to herself. "Corpus Cleanser? Vital Vixen's Vitriol? Armageddon After-Dinner Mints (with Germ-Perdition Power)? Take your pick!"

"No offense. I'm sure your potions are wonderful, but as an officer of the law, I can't accept any sort of gratuity."

Then she looks over at him and appears to ponder for a moment. "Say... would you happen to know whether you need any sorts of licenses to operate around here? And if not, any better venues?"

"You don't need a license to operate out here. If you want to set up your stand inside the village proper, you'll need to fill out some fill out some forms, and pay a small fee. The fee varies on the location your requesting, and whether you'll be there for a day, a week or a month."

SilentBelle wrote:"Well I'm certainly glad you showed up when you did," Golden Spike says, "it saved everypony a lot of trouble. I imagine you deal with that trio on a regular basis? Oh, and I'm Golden Spike by the way, pleased to meet you."

"Please to meet you Golden Spike. And yes, there are various sorts of gangs that operate out here. Its also why setting shop outside here is free. Unfortunately, I'm the city's only police officer. Of course, there's Master Roti around if any gang gets too rowdy, but he's old, and I don't like calling him out unless the situation is desparate."

He pauses a moment.

"You three seem fairly competent. Would you be agreeable to taking a job on behalf of the city."

OOC: Appkes, is Steel Heart going to make a appearance soon? Should anypony be able to see him from the gates yet?

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

"...Specify 'job', please." Miracle Elixir's trade has left her as skeptical as she is friendly. "Also, specify whether there's 'pay' and 'accolades', please."

OOC: I think Miracle Elixir should probably be Generosity and not Honesty. She's not averse to scams, but she is fairly generous with her libations.
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Spoiler:

((Percetpion roll: 10+11=21))

Xeca smiled, listening to the hat pony's words. He was TALKING to her! For... some reason! She couldn't understand what he was saying but he was talking to her and these other ponies!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 am

"Well, I wasn't expecting that," Golden Spike replies throwing a nervous glance over his shoulder, just to make sure that Just Desserts was indeed including him. "But I s'pose I have nothing better to do at the moment... So, sure, I'd be happy to help out, well, provided it's a problem that I can actually help with."

I wonder who would want the help of three random strangers new to the town.

(OOC: History check to see if Golden Spike knows who's the head of the local government. Mayor or what-have-you.
History: 17 = 9 + 8 )
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am

SilentBelle wrote:
(OOC: History check to see if Golden Spike knows who's the head of the local government. Mayor or what-have-you.
History: 17 = 9 + 8 )

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next